Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Turbolet
Topic Author

Smoking

Tue Nov 20, 2001 5:43 am

I have kinda confused ideas about smoking (as well as many other things) at the moment. Well, I'm 15 to start with. The only time I had tried smoking before last Friday was once when my dad brought me a cigarette home. I hated it that time.
Now on Friday I was at coffee with a beautiful girl (a friend of mine whom I'd like to date, but you can read about that on a different thread). Now she smokes, and as she was smoking, she offered me a cigarette. Both out of curiosity and out of bravado, I accepted and I must say I liked it a lot, donno why.
Now I'm thinking what viewpoint of smoking I should take up. I'm not legal yet, have to wait a few months for that still, but anyway, seeing how much I liked it with her last Friday, I would like to get my hands on another one. On the other hand, I'm scared I might fall into the habit, and I can see it's not good from her, she spends a lot of money on it and coughs often.
Any ppl my age who have smoking experience? I will appreciate any advice.
-turbolet

Superfly

RE: Smoking

Tue Nov 20, 2001 5:46 am

DON'T DO IT!
Bring back the Concorde

teahan

Tue Nov 20, 2001 5:49 am

Hello,

STOP, end of the story. You will save yourself much money now, and much pain and suffering later. You are not addicted yet, run while you can.

Jeremiah
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

Whistler

Tue Nov 20, 2001 5:49 am

Im about your age, and I would stay the hell away if I were you  Smile. I have some friends who do it, and even though most of them haven't been smoking for long they are already feeling the affects. They can't run anymore, cant climb the stairs fast, they smell, they cough, and more. My sister "tried" it out when she was 15 or 16, just to "try" it and not to get hooked. Now she is 21 and can't stop  Smile.

Your choice  Smile.

lubcha132

Tue Nov 20, 2001 5:52 am

smoking is yucky. bowling may be the funnest thing ever, but its a tad yucky with all the smoking.

Jaspike

Tue Nov 20, 2001 5:56 am

It's a waste of time & money.

Josh
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:05 am

HEHE. When I was in Maryland, this one time, me and some fellas from work decided to goto
Point Lookout, Maryland
one night. It was pouring, and I mean pouring rain. We stopped & got some beer and some chicken wings and I decided to buy a pack of sweets. I dont smoke. After drinking 3 deuce deuce of Mickeys Ice, I found myself smoking these like there was no tomorrow. We were sitting there, in Fort Lincoln, and I kept asking my boys if I was going to be addicted to smoking, they all said no, laughing at me. They were right. I had never smoked before then and I havent touched one since. Its all in the person I guess. I can think of many other important things to do with my $$$$$ if you know what I mean.

Dragon Lady

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:05 am

I have been smoking since I was 16 and I must say that it was the most stupid thing that I have ever done. You quickly get addicted and it's very hard to stop. Don't get into the situation were you will realise that you have made a great mistake that is undoable. Trust me I'm 22 now and I'm desperately trying to stop smoking and would do anything to repair the damage that smoking has caused me.

Alexandria

Jj

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:15 am

FORGET THE IDEA!!!!

I'm 14, and I have friends of 13 who smoke about 10 per day. I've promised never to try it, and I must admit that my health is 20 times better.

Perhaps you liked it, because you smoked it with her. But if you keep on liking it, you'll fall into the habit, and that will be bad.

My advise: Not only don't try it, but help your friend to leave it too.

regards, josue

bombstar

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:19 am

Dude, cigarettes are possibily the stupidest thing i've ever heard of, they dont do anything but slowly kill you, its totally pointless. My friends i know that are addicted to tobacco now realise the stupid decision they made when i tried to warn them not to start. But hey, thats your decision =)

Jj

How Do You Add Pictures?

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:19 am

I see you guys add pictures (not from the database).

But the problem is, I can't find the way to do so.

Could anyone tell me?

klm672

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:23 am

No, I got braces, and I think that they would screw 'em up so bad.....

RE: For The Umteenth Time...

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:30 am

< IMG SRC= URL >

I mean, like, uh, duh.

lewis

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:48 am

I smoke, but not much. Although i started with smoking Camel and now Marlboro I am not addicted at all. MAny times, I find myself without money and I don;t smoke for days. It's up to you to decide. I cannot tell you either to do it or not.

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:49 am

I smoke, but not much. Although I started with smoking Camel and now Marlboro I am not addicted at all. MAny times, I find myself without money and I don;t smoke for days. It's up to you to decide. I cannot tell you either to do it or not.

Smoking Camels is bad for your health.

yka

Tue Nov 20, 2001 7:15 am

"The only time I had tried smoking before last Friday was once when my dad brought me a cigarette home."

Why the hell did your dad bring you a ciggarete home? Most parents do everything to prevent their kids from taking on this pointless addiction and he's actually encouraging it? Stop while your ahead, because it soon might be too late. Its as addictive as cocaine and its likely you will die from it before you give it up. Starting smoking around 15, I can guarantee you cancer by your 50th birthday and a slow, painfull death.

Its your life and you make the decision, the girl will disapear but that misreble addiction will have enslaved you for life. Do not try to please someone by doing someting this stupid!

VapourTrails

Tue Nov 20, 2001 7:20 am

Don't do it Turbolet!  Sad I've never tried it and thank God.

mls515

Tue Nov 20, 2001 7:22 am

It takes years off your life. When you're 40 you will physiologically be 50. When you're 50 you'll physiologically be 60 and so on.

cfalk

Tue Nov 20, 2001 7:26 am

"Smoking Camels is bad for your health."

You are perpetuating a myth. Camels are no more (and no less) dangerous as any other cigarette available in Western markets. (I know, I have worked for the company that made them).

That said, Turbolet, don't start. I've been smoking for 15 years, and have tried to stop off and on for the past 5, and I keep falling off the wagon. It is a constant source of friction with my wife. I know she is only worried about my health, but I still haven't gotten myself to stop, and it makes me feel terrible. Save yourself the trouble, and don't start to begin with.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

174thfwff

Tue Nov 20, 2001 7:31 am

I smoke cigars.

I love them. Money is not an issue for me.

I only smoke them...say....once every month or two.

-Peace In-
174th
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

airplanenut

Tue Nov 20, 2001 8:20 am

Let me put it this way:

Someone in my class started smoking under 2 years ago...

He now smokes cigarettes (more than 2) every day before and after school (just before the bell and just after).

He has been arrested for drug possession with the intent to sell... marijuana and other crap...

He is a complete pothead... don't turn into one (he is also in all remedial classes).

Jeremy
Why yes, in fact, I am a rocket scientist...

An-225

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:48 pm

Don't do it, man, put the cigarette down and make out with the girl instead Big grin
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

Gunships

Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:55 pm

I smoked for over twenty years. Quit two months ago. Stopping smoking was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

My advice to you: Don't start.

Turbolet
Topic Author

Tue Nov 20, 2001 5:42 pm

Some replies:

"The only time I had tried smoking before last Friday was once when my dad brought me a cigarette home."
My dad had brought me a cigarette home because I asked him to, I wanted to know what it's like. Since my parents are open-minded, he agreed.

Perhaps you liked it, because you smoked it with her.
Might be, could have been the general atmosphere of the thing, her, the girl I'm in love with sitting across the table, the leisurely atmosphere of the thing, fun, both of us encircled by a cloud of smoke...

Don't do it, man, put the cigarette down and make out with the girl instead
I wish... see 'Giving condoms to 12 year olds'

So, I agree that you're all right. Smoking is bad, and I'd better not get addicted when there's still time. I mean, when I see the girl I probably will have a cigarette with her, but that will be only once in a week/two weeks. I'll try not to smoke otherwise. Cheers!
-turbolet

Braniff Place

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:23 pm

No smoking signs are now turned off on 747 Braniff Place.Hey smoking is good in moderation of course, you know i dont mind havin a quick fag in the car when drivin to work but what eva you do not pretend to be a full on rebel and do it if it doesnt feel good and for your own sake of your health and your money do it sociably and in style none of that chain-smoking crap trying to burn down a box every night and DO NOT GET ADDICTED!!
BRANIFF PLACE

(Excuse me i need to cough up a big green ball of harderned mucus in my throat now)  Big thumbs up

9V-SVE

Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:27 pm

DO NOT DO IT!

Aussiemite

Tue Nov 20, 2001 7:16 pm

smoking makes your breath/cloths/car/body STINK were all aware of the long term ramifications as well.

Tell this chick youve got something else she can suck on and its healthier Big grin

n4khgirl

Wed Nov 21, 2001 3:03 am

Hey, I don't know you, but seriously don't do it. I have a bunch of friends who smoke, and have almost gotten me to try, but I just wont do it. If you think about it the only reason most people smoke is to look cool, whether they admit it or not. Think about it this way, do you find yellow teeth, lack of breadth, and eventually emphezma attractive?

Just my thoughts...
*Camille*

Wed Nov 21, 2001 3:35 am

Tell the girl she should stop, that it's really bad for her. I am considering becoming a kemotherapist due to the large amount of work that French youths will provide in a few years. They all smoke like nuts!
 Smile

astrojet

Wed Nov 21, 2001 5:52 am

Forget the idea of smoking. It´s one of the worst things you can do.

hoons90

Wed Nov 21, 2001 7:47 pm

If you start you can't stop.

Don't smoke....
Flown: 2L 7C 9E 9L AA AB AC AF AY AZ BA BR BX B6 CA CO CP CX DL EK EY JL KE KL LA LH LX MQ NW OZ PD RW SQ TG TP TR TS US WG WN WS XE XJ

yka

Wed Nov 21, 2001 8:07 pm

Your dad isn't being open minded by bringing you a ciggarete, quite the oppisite in fact as only narrow minded people who cannot see past their own misreble lives find smoking ok. He seriously needs his ass kicked.

khi747

Wed Nov 21, 2001 10:07 pm

Turbolet first of all tell me is this the same girl i gave you advice on in a thread few days earlier......well if she is then congrats....
As for smoking...hmm...i have been smoking since the age of 15-16 myself. I would not recommend it ofcourse for obvious reasons but i would say that smoking sometimes or socially is fine.....would not really damage your health or get you addicted as most people suggest. I know many people who have been smoking just occassionaly for many years but never got addicted. None the less if it all you do smoke keep it in moderation because it is certainly one habit that you could do without.

jetBlue320

Wed Nov 21, 2001 10:31 pm

DON'T DO IT..... I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD CONSIDER IT, OVER A GIRL.. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO LIVES DOWN THE STREET. SHE IS 16 AND HAS A DAUGHTER, and SMOKES. SHE IS VERY UNHEALTHY. I ALSO HAVE MY GIRLFRIEND WHO IS LIKE ME... VERY HEALTHY... WHY? BECAUSE WE DON'T SMOKE.

AC_A340

Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:12 am

DON'T DO IT, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

Turbolet
Topic Author

Thu Nov 22, 2001 5:48 am

Tell the girl she should stop, that it's really bad for her.
I know that's the best thing she can do but seeing her stopping? Give me a break...

Your dad isn't being open minded by bringing you a ciggarete, quite the oppisite in fact as only narrow minded people who cannot see past their own misreble lives find smoking ok. He seriously needs his ass kicked.
My dad is a doctor, YKA. He rightly concluded that if he doesn't bring me one, I'll get it another way.

Turbolet first of all tell me is this the same girl i gave you advice on in a thread few days earlier......well if she is then congrats....
Ya, still the blonde beauty, not the jet-black haired one...
-turbolet

United Airline

Thu Nov 22, 2001 5:21 pm

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Full stop.

jetBlue320

Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:55 am

Turbolet, How old is this Blonde Beauty (Soon to be Gray haired Hag if she doesn't give up this addiction) Smoking Causes Premature Wrinkles, and needless to say causes sexual dysfunction. DON'T DO IT. INSTEAD SPEND YOUR TIME, GETTING HER TO STOP

RoyalDutch

Fri Nov 23, 2001 1:25 am

What can I say...I don't smoke and I don't want to...I believe I must echo the words of the Ministerstvo Zdravotnictvi..."Koureni Zbusobuje Rakovinu."  Smile. That's my position...but if you die from it, we'll probably both die at the same time, as I believe I inhale enough smoke every day from just walking around in Prague (Coal smoke is bad!) to make up for my not smoking...  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Turbolet
Topic Author

Fri Nov 23, 2001 5:44 am

JetBlue320: The blonde beauty is 17, will be 18 in February. I agree, it's an early age to get hooked on smoking. Gray haired Hag? Wow... hope that doesn't happen...
RoyalDutch: yeah, I've seen those stickers  Smile, alternatively 'Koureni vazne skodi zdravi', here they are written in English, can't figure out why they're not written in Maltese... maybe they'd have a greater effect! Many people in my school smoke, usually 16 or only slightly older. And I know some people in my class used to do it even before that.
Anyway, I'll try to stay away...
-turbolet