Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Iraq Arrests 6 Men For Planning Terrorist Strike

Sun Nov 25, 2001 1:54 pm

'Iranian agents' arrested in Baghdad

Security forces in Iraq have arrested six men they say were planning a terrorist attack in a residential area of the capital, Baghdad.
The men, who were paraded on Iraqi television, said they had been recruited by the Iranian intelligence services.

They also admitted carrying out a number of previous attacks, including mortar and bomb attacks on the Iraqi intelligence headquarters, the oil and interior ministries and the Saddam Tower (named after the Iraqi President Saddam Hussein).

Since the end of the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s, in which hundreds of thousands of people were killed, both countries have repeatedly accused each other of organising attacks on their respective countries.

The state news agency, INA quoted a police statement saying that the attacks were being co-ordinated by the United States and Israel.

One of the men, Ahmed Mahmoud, 31, a Kurd from northern Iraq, was shown apparently confessing to being the middleman, receiving money "large sums, in dollars" and plans from two Iranian intelligence agents, which he passed on to the other five men.

Source: BBC

IrishFlyer

RE: Iraq Arrests 6 Men For Planning Terrorist Strike

Sun Nov 25, 2001 3:34 pm

Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iraq, Lets bomb Iraq bomb bomb bomb kaboom!!!!!!

~IrishFlyer~

JetService

Sun Nov 25, 2001 3:39 pm

Good to see Iraq is on-board with the anti-terrorism thing  Yeah sure
"Shaddap you!"

IrishFlyer

Jetservice

Sun Nov 25, 2001 3:54 pm

LOL, Iraq Hates Iran, The U.S. hates Iraq & Iran. I say lets let them blow each other up  Smile

~IrishFlyer~

Sun Nov 25, 2001 5:29 pm

Saddam has been very brutal to the Kurds. What was the Kurdish town in the north he bombed with mustard gas or something for a week killing everyone?

It was a real massacre.

Also this was when Saddam was known by his real name Saddam Hussein al-Tikriti

Alpha 1

Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:29 pm

LOL. Iraq, cracking down on terrorism!! That's as funny as a screen door on a submarine.

Of course, Iraq is doing the exact same thing to Iran and half the world in return, aren't they? Unfortunately for them, I think in 2002, Saddam's day will be coming to a close.

Marco

Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:00 am

You guys may find this hard to believe but Iraq in no way supports terrorism. In fact Saddam has aided Christians build Churches, Muslims build Mosques and even Jews (Iraqi Jews) build synagogues. Now regarding Saddam's other policies, they certainly are messed up. And just to let you guys know, the Kurds are no angels either. In fact I have many relatives who have lost their lives in Northern Iraq fighting against the Kurds. My people, the Assyrians (we speak aramiac) are being forced out of their homes in Northern Iraq by the Kurds, and especially because we're Christians and they're Muslims. When Saddam was in control we all used to live in Peace. Also, what's happening to Assyrians in Turkey is ridiculous! I suggest you guys visit Nineveh or Atour to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Alpha 1

Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:06 am

Yeah, Marco, and if you believe that one, I can sell you some newly-vacant property in Manhattan real cheap.

That's one of the most absured statements I've ever heard. So he help Christians build Churches. He's also killed his own people with biological warfare. He's protected, supported and help bankroll terrorists groups all ove the Middle East.

Stop defending this bastard, and get a little grip on reality.

Marco

Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:23 am

Frist of all let's get things straight:

1)The kurds in Turkey are persecuted like hell but that's alright, why? Because Turkey is a US ally.

2)They were threatening the stability of the country. What you have to understand is that Iraq is a huge country with many different cultures. May religions, beliefs and cultures are represented. In Iraq the following ethnic groups can be found: Assyrians, Armenians, Kurds, Turks, Yezedee's, Iranians. It's a tough country to control especially with the mentality of the people. Look at what they did to the king in the 60's. They killed him (the Iraqi people) and hung his body in the street. In conclusion it's a hard contry to control. I'm not justifying what he did, just giving you some insight.

Proud to be an Assyrian!

heavymetal

Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:25 am

Saddam is a textbook psychopathic meglomaniac. He has personally executed people, used poison gas on his own citizens and allowed tens of thousands of Iraqi men to die carrying out his aspirations of Persian Gulf dominance.

You say "When Saddam was in control we all lived in peace"...yeah well...life is VERY peaceful at the working end of an assault rifle. No thanks.

He deserves and will get a terrible retribution as his fate.

Marco

Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:39 am

Heavymetal no doubt about it Saddam is a bad bad bad bad person. I'm not justifying his actions, please don't misunderstand me.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

ryanb741

Mon Nov 26, 2001 6:38 am

What you have to understand is that ironically Iraq is one of the most free Middle East countries in terms of the freedom to choose your own religion.

However, in terms of the freedom to oppose Saddam, well that's another matter.

Iraq as a state is unlikely to support terrorism, however I have no doubt certain factions within Iraq would be interested in a Jihad - but then that goes for many Middle Eastern countries.

Indeed, here in London(istan!) you can go into any Arab store and there will be a collection box to aid the 'freedom fighters' in Palestine.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?