Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

A Cold After Sex With Aids Victim?

Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:17 pm

Is it true that if you have sex with someone who has AIDS and you contact the disease, a week later you'll get a cold?

thanks, this is serious.

Matt D

RE: A Cold After Sex With Aids Victim?

Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:41 pm

Why? Did this happen to you or someone you know?

usually, when you first get HIV, you'll get what seems like a cold or the flu. But that in and of itself is not necessarily cause for alarm, especially this time of year, when the flu and colds are going around. It is possible that it is just a scary coincidence.

The other telltale signs to look for, besides a cold are:

if the "cold" lasts more than a week or two.

If you lose a lot of weight (10% or more of your body weight within, say a month) and your exercise/easting habits have not changed (this is the big telltale sign)

Odd looking "sores" or "colorations" on the skin, especially in the mouth.

Constant, severe fatigue that cannot be attributed to stress or a lack of sleep.

a fever that will not go away

Of course these are not foolproof, and from what I've read, it's possible to get infected with no symptoms whatsoever.

If you or the person you know thinks they have been exposed to HIV, unfortunately, the antibodies don't show up in the blood for about 6 weeks after exposure.

But after that time, and if you have these symptoms, then you might want to get checked.

Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:53 pm

thanks! cold a week after tell tale sign ehh?

ive been in a good climate recently so i dont think its the weather

thanks

VonRichtofen

Tue Dec 18, 2001 5:52 pm

Did you wear a hat?

Tue Dec 18, 2001 6:45 pm

i didn't wear a hat, thats why im freaking out and, for Mls it wasn't my fault. The bitch like took "it" put it in. I freaked out, pulled out, and got really angry at her.

now im worried that im going to die.  Sad

Banco

Tue Dec 18, 2001 6:59 pm

I'm afraid you won't be put at ease until you have a test.

But, even unprotected sex with someone who is HIV+ doesn't automatically mean you will get the virus, it's actually quite hard to transmit from person to person, especially from female to male.

Call a helpline, you will have one locally, they should be able to give you some expert advice.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

mls515

Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:06 pm

No shit? Yea, I know a few dirtys that might do that sort of thing. I wouldn't put it past em anyway. Did you wash it off afterwards? Did you "ride around" for a while or was it a quick in, quick out?

If you are circumcised, you are at less risk because the inner surface of the foreskin is what really absorbs the virus. Kind of like the inner surfaces of the vagina or anus. The rest of the penis is pretty much like the rest of your skin and isn't prone to recieving the virus just by contact. Note that it isn't fulproof, circumcised males get STDs all the time.

Besides AIDS, you should also worry about the other broad range of STDs.

I would get tested to ease your peace of mind.

If you do become HIV positive, you can still lead a productive life. Look at Magic Johnson. Being in pristine physical shape seems to ward off the effects. There is still a lot that is not known.

Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:35 pm

I know, yeah no, I didn't "ride around" or anything, I was too shocked to do anything. I pulled out and went nuts. I think I made poor Linsay cry.

Then she tells me her first boyfriend raped her or something (something she told me after "the act") and she hasn't been tested ever. MY LUCK!

So now I think I have AIDS, but I hate her because she is pretty dumb and believes in creationism. What the hell is that??

I think I'm going to have stick with jappy chicks from hear on out if I don't turn blue and croak.

My parents are going to be so upset, Oh yeah I'm losing the saab for this.

So, we don't have a serious definitive answer about the "week-after cold" and whether it foretells a slow but gruesome death??  Confused

Banco

Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:39 pm

Hang on a minute. Are you saying that she isn't HIV+ to your knowledge? It's not usually the sort of thing you can have for years and not know about because without treatment a high proportion of people become ill quite quickly.

Let us know what the situation is.

Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:48 pm

Well, the earliest she could be infected was 2 years ago (when the freak was raped by her old jerk-off boyfriend).

So "for years" is actually <2

Banco

Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:54 pm

Yes, but my point is that if to your knowledge she isn't infected then the chances are she isn't. It's still pretty rare outside of the high risk groups.

ryanb741

Tue Dec 18, 2001 8:00 pm

If you were 'inside' for only a short while it is statistically extremely unlikely that you have been infected.

Woman to man HIV infection is far less prevalent than the other way around.

Check under your arms, on your neck for your Lymph Nodes, to see if they have swollen. Swollen lymph nodes indicate illness (but also flu and colds right through to HIV infection and cancer).

If these have swollen up then there is a theoretical possibility you have been infected.

For your own sanity get a HIV check in month or so. And make sure you wear condoms (rubbers in US?).

And remember, you are extremely unlikely to have got infected - you don't have any cuts or whatever on your schlong?
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

heavymetal

Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:09 pm

Get checked for piece of mind, but you're in a very low risk situation.

HIV is contracted overwhelmingly through receptive sexual contact....body fluid has to make its' way INTO your body. One fast little zing into and out of her no parking zone doesn't make for a very treacherous contact. If anything, she is the one at far more risk(if she does this to everyone she meets especially). Remember, exposure to air kills the HIV virus fairly quickly.

In the words of the late great Sam Kinison, "if you don't TRUST the p***y, why are you f****** the p****?"  Wink/being sarcastic

SophieMaltese

Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:43 pm

I sure hope not, I've got a cold like thing going on in my head right now. Of course, so do a lot of my coworkers.

Aussiemite

Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:54 pm

Where do you pick up these freaks?

Thanks

Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:19 pm

Aussiemite,

in college, shes a complete idiot slut.

Heavymetal,

thanks for the reassuring words.

Ryanb741,

No cuts!

Banco,

To my knowledge she isn't infected, but at the same time to my knowledge, she is infected, I have no clue and really neither does she, (shes not smart).

777236ER

RE: Just A Couple Of Points...

Tue Dec 18, 2001 11:15 pm

Firstly, are you circumcised? It's already pretty hard to transmit female -> male, but it's even harder if the guy is circumsised.

Secondly, an HIV test now won't show anything. It takes 6 months for HIV antibodies to be produced (the HIV test looks for your body fighting the disease). So, a test now may prove negative when infact you're infected. They should usually tell you this when you go for a test.

Don't let any of that alarm you, it seems soo unlikely that you're not infected. She probably isn't HIV+, you were only in there for a matter of seconds, no cuts etc.

Maybe you should ask her to take an HIV test?
Your bone's got a little machine

Twotterwrench

Wed Dec 19, 2001 12:07 am

Here's a little more good news to help you sleep. Not only will an HIV test not be accurate until at least 6 months after your "possible" infection, the incubation period for HIV can be up to 7 years. So, it is theoretically possible that she may be infected and not even know it for many years to come.

However, in your favor, as has been said, your chances of being infected are extremely slim. Transmission of the virus, or just about any virus for that matter, involvles a direct exchange of bodily fluids without contact with outside air. That's right, HIV gets exposed to air, it dies. So unless you've got an open sore on your woo-hoo, you are at very, very, very little risk. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over this, except for the time spent pondering how stupid you were to let yourself get into this situation. Chalk it up to lessons learned and move on.

One more thing, out of societal obligation, I believe anyone who has been exposed, or COULD have been exposed should be tested every 6 months to ensure you don't unknowingly have and/or spread the disease. As I said, it can be up to 7 years before an HIV infection becomes active and shows up on a test. So, for safeties sake, both for you and your future partners, get tested twice a year. It's painless and free and could potentially be a lifesaver.

777236ER

Wed Dec 19, 2001 12:09 am

Actually, an HIV test WILL be possitive after 6 months, whether the disease is progressing rapidly into full blown AIDS or not.

As i said, don't worry  Smile
Your bone's got a little machine

JetService

Wed Dec 19, 2001 12:16 am

Twaneedsnohelp, Ryanb is right. Men getting infected from women is actually quite rare. Only 3.1% of AIDS cases in US men are passed from women. The AMA did a study of hetero couples with one partner being HIV and in 72 cases where it was the female who was infected, only one male contracted the disease. And these were REGULAR sex partners. So unless you are both incredibly skanky and had bleeding genitals, I'm guessing you're in the clear. But what the hell do you have your hangdown swinging in front of infected stanky anyway?!?!
"Shaddap you!"

CPDC10-30

Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:35 am

Usually it is reccomended that you are tested for HIV 3 months after unprotected sex and then again 3 months later to be sure.

But as others have said, the chances are really low of you getting infected.

Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:01 am

I do not believe you are watching TV or whatever and she pulls out your willy and sticks it in! You must have been doing something!
Iain

Jaspike

Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:09 am

lol @ Iainhol

DC10Tony

Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:45 am

You probably got the cold from her through the air. I have a mild cold right now and I got it from my friend who I was riding in the same truck with. It takes 24hrs. before you start to feel the cold.

But...

...if she knew she had an STD (even if you said she put your johnson in her), that's pretty stupid on her part and I'd probably smack that bitch. But if I knew she was infected, I wouldn't have let it get that far.

Ralgha

Wed Dec 19, 2001 5:12 am

I didn't read any of the other responses, so forgive me if someone already said this.

It is NOT true that you'll get a cold if you contract HIV. Some people never show any symptoms of having it at all.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

RealHigh

Wed Dec 19, 2001 5:12 am

I hope everything is fine Mr. TwaNeedsNohelp.

Always use a condom and use better judgement in who you sleep with.

Wed Dec 19, 2001 9:05 am

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I am circumcised so that sounds good, and yeah it was very quick.

Ianhol, yes of course we were "doing something."

thanks, a lot, i feel better.

ILS

Wed Dec 19, 2001 9:12 am

OK, prior to this has she ever given you oral sex? This can transmit HIV as well.

Wed Dec 19, 2001 9:26 am

Being circumcised will not decrease your chances of contracting AIDS. Click Here to learn more.

>>Iainhol, yes of course we were "doing something."<<

Play with fire and you will get burnt.

SophieMaltese

Wed Dec 19, 2001 11:34 am

Twaneedsnohelp, judging by how "quickly" your little incident happened, I don't think you could possibly have anything to worry about. I have a guy who might like her though if you want to hook her up with somebody...

Matt D

Wed Dec 19, 2001 11:45 am

That's the thing that sucks about being a guy nowadays.

Being with a woman, while wearing a hat, I don't care what anyone says, is about as physically pleasurable as staring at the wall. No matter how "thin" or "natural" the coat you are wearing is, the "sensation" just isn't there.

I find that when I'm with someone, and wearing a "party hat" I have to resort to mentally pshyching myself that I am with a woman, if you can f-ing believe that. Cuz I don't feel a thing, and on more than one occasion, while wearing "insurance", the lack of sensation made me insult her in the worst possible way:

My "balloon" went flat.

Of course the obvious solution to this problem brings a whole new set of problems-as mentioned in the subject heading of this topic.

With a woman, it makes no difference at all. I've been told that "bare", "covered", a solid block of plastic, or a Swedish sausage-it all feels the same to her. Can any ladies expound on this?

the only thing that's relatively safe and foolproof and allows you the best of both worlds is to be with someone monogamously.

IMissPiedmont

Wed Dec 19, 2001 12:23 pm

Wait a minute. It wasn't your fault? She took your penis and put it inside her without your permission? BS. I'll also bet you didn't jump right off.
Relax though. As has been stated before you are probably safe from HIV. I think you might be more concerned with Herpes, Chlamidia, Ghonnerea and other STDs. I hope you have the intestinal fortitude to forgo ANY sexual contact for the next six months. It will take this long for all of them to manifest enough to test properly.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

mls515

Wed Dec 19, 2001 12:40 pm

Iainhol-

The emotional rhetoric you posted in the referenced thread DID NOT address the fact that the inner surface of the foreskin is a receptical for viruses. When an uncircumcised penis "interacts" with the vigina, the foreskin retracts and the inner surface is exposed to body fluids. Normally this is not a problem but since the HIV virus is different from all the other viruses in the way it works, it is a big problem. This has been proven in a laboratory, in the show I was talking about when I started that thread. The article you posted (now that I went back and actually read it) cleverly LEFT OUT AIDS in its list of STDs circumcised American men were more likely to get. Show me where it says that and I'll shut up.

mls515

Confuscius

Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:03 pm

I have a guy who might like her though if you want to hook her up with somebody...

Sophie, would that somebody be Mr. Squirrel?
Ain't I a stinker?

Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:24 pm

Why the hell are kids wasting valuable bandwith and on this site by asking idiotic questions. A question such as this isn't meant to be answered by people such as us...or was it meant to show that you may (doubt it) have got some?

If you are worried about such medical problems go to a bloody doctor! You know, they laboured away for 7+ years at university to be able to practice their craft, and they will be able to help you more than the "Dr's" on this site will.

I'll believe 1 word of twaneedsnohelp's story after he tells us he has been to see a Dr.

Also, a correction to what MattD said:

usually, when you first get HIV, you'll get what seems like a cold or the flu.

That is not true. It can take 7 or more years for the first signs of HIV to emerge, after you had been infected with it. Some people never show signs of HIV infection.

SophieMaltese

RE: Confuscius

Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:24 pm

Mr. Squirrel is the man! A smoother lover all the ladies just can't resist!!!

jsf119

Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:26 pm

im confused does she have hiv or no?

Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:41 pm

I don;t know is she has H.I.V., but she's a skank and her first boyfriend raped her, because he sucked. So I was worried.

Aviatsiya, I didn't go to a doctor because its a big hassle and I was just curious about the myth (NOW I know) that you get a cold if you have sex with an AIDS victim, any hurt in asking.

It wasn't your fault? She took your penis and put it inside her without your permission? BS. I'll also bet you didn't jump right off.

I had no intention of having sex, I didn't cum, I freaked out.

I have a guy who might like her though if you want to hook her up with somebody...

The hell does that mean?

N400QX

Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:53 pm

>AIDS victim

Victim?

Wed Dec 19, 2001 3:31 pm

How the hell is going to the doctor such a big hassle when your health is in question?  Insane

N400QX

Victim?

Yes, each and every person out there who has HIV is a victim. You trying to say something which is baseless?

We're Nuts

Wed Dec 19, 2001 3:52 pm

If you EVER think you even MIGHT have had sex with an infected person, go straight to the doctor. Hell, don't even bother to pull up your pants. If you catch it early (first 24 hours early) if can be stopped. It's a painful process, but it does the job. I believe it involves a cocktail of pills.
Dear moderators: No.

Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:19 am

Mls515-

You obviously did not read it very well!

Circumcision does not prevent acquisition or transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). In fact, the US has both the highest percentage of sexually active circumcised males in the Western world and the highest rates of sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS. Rigorously controlled prospective studies show that circumcised American men are at a greater risk for bacterial and viral STDs, especially gonorrhea,43 nongonoccal urethritis,44 human papilloma virus,45 herpes simplex virus type 2,46 and chlamydia.47

Iain

mls515

Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:39 am

At the end of that paragraph you posted is what I was talking about. "especially gonorrhea,43 nongonoccal urethritis,44 human papilloma virus,45 herpes simplex virus type 2,46 and chlamydia.47" No mention of AIDS. Anyway, the article you posted is old and dated. The relationship between circumcision and disease in the USA could very well be a spurious relationship. It could just be that we do a lot more screwing than other countries or our males could be a lot more promiscuous. Or maybe our males have a lot of mouth sores and we go down on our ladies a lot more, who knows. It could be a number of social factors really. Ever hear the phrase, "Statistics never lie, but liars use statistics"?

I'm sticking with the info I saw on the Learning Channel show. Try to find an article that disproves the experiment they ran with a freshly clipped adult foreskin that proved that the AIDS virus easily enters the body through that inside surface. I'm trying to approach this scientifically, not statistically, mathematically, emotionally, or whatever.

Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:47 am

>>In fact, the US has both the highest percentage of sexually active circumcised males in the Western world and the highest rates of sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS<<

Is where it mentions AIDS, this could be due to other things as you mentioned however it does suggest that being circumsized does not decrease chances of the contracting STD's.

Also circumsisionn has been said to decrease cured epilepsy, convulsions, paralysis, elephantiasis, tuberculosis, eczema, bed-wetting, hip-joint disease, fecal incontinence, rectal prolapse, wet dreams, hernia, headaches, nervousness, hysteria, poor eyesight, idiocy, mental retardation, and insanity. So it seems they claim this procedure does everything when infact there has yet to be a recorded case of penile cancer to uncircumsised males.

Iain

Thu Dec 20, 2001 6:28 am

it can be stopped in first 24 hours????

why the hell doesn't anyone know that, whats wrong with this sick country.

redngold

Thu Dec 20, 2001 7:17 am

You should go to an AIDS clinic right away and start on preventative medication. While its somewhat less likely for you to get AIDS by female-to-male transmission, the odds are still serious considering the enormity of AIDS disease.

You'll need to be tested at 6 mos. and 1 yr. to be sure that you haven't acquired the virus.

My suggestion is that next time you keep your pants zipped/pulled up so she doesn't have access.

good luck,
redngold
Up, up and away!

Rickster

Thu Dec 20, 2001 6:50 pm

The so called "PEP" (post expositionale prophylaxe) is used in case of a possible hiv infection within 24 hours. That means you will receive a combo regime (cocktail) for a while with several blood tests. But for that you have to contact an Aids specialist right after the incident. It may help in case of a possible HIV infection. If you are not sure about your status and before it drives you nuts:
To get further information go to:
http://www.thebody.com
http://www.hopkins-aids.edu

Take care and good luck
Rickster