Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mbj-11
Topic Author

Would You Date Another Race?

Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:12 am

Would you date someone of another race and even possibly marry them? I know many persons say they are not racist but dating someone of another race could cause a backlash they probably wouldn't want to face if they did. I certainly have dated at least 3 other races...have you?
Jesus is the Christ and he alone saves

KROC

RE: Would You Date Another Race?

Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:14 am

I'm white and married a black woman. With the thinking you described above, race problems will never be solved.

L-188

Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:15 am

Sure why not???

Race no problem.....

Species is a different matter though  Laugh out loud
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Matt D

Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:34 am

I am about as "white" as they come.

But what red blooded, heterosexual male would say no to this?

Personally, even though I am white, I have a preference for hot Latina Salsa ladies like this.

Makes me drool.

So to answer your question:

It's a non-issue.

sccutler

Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:33 am

No... but only because my wife would never approve!

Here in the "melting pot," there are few indeed whose racial makeup is "pure" (whatever that is). Odds are, even those who would claim never to date other races, already have.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:36 am

I can only speak for myself as a 'white guy', but there are a few incontrovertable pieces of evidence I would like to submit:
Vanessa Williams
Jessica Alba
Salma Hayek
Aahliah(sp?) - before she died, of course
Tyra Banks

Just 5 off the top of my, uh, 'head'.
j

trickijedi

Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:58 am

I am Asian and am happily with a black woman. We also have a daughter together.

I myself have dated various races and have never even thought about race to be an intervening factor. It just seriously never crossed my mind. I think that people who make race an issue (particularly in relationships) are those who WANT to make race an issue.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

Confuscius

Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:40 am

Where your white women at?
Ain't I a stinker?

hoons90

Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:45 am

Race dosent matter to me because we are same humans Big grin
Flown: 2L 7C 9E 9L AA AB AC AF AY AZ BA BR BX B6 CA CO CP CX DL EK EY JL KE KL LA LH LX MQ NW OZ PD RW SQ TG TP TR TS US WG WN WS XE XJ

Turbolet

Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:19 am

As Matt D put it, hot Latina Salsa ladies make me drool, too, and I'm 100% white (European). I also like Arabic women, like Tunisian women for example.
I don't care about race as long as the woman looks good.
-turbolet

Superfly

Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:32 am

Sure, I've done it many times.
Bring back the Concorde

174thfwff

Sun Dec 30, 2001 5:03 am

I guess I am messed up. I would never date a women if she was not white. I am not physicaly attracted to black asian women, even if they are sexy. I don't know why, but I am far from racest.

So for me White only.

-Peace In-
174thfwff
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

Sun Dec 30, 2001 5:43 am

I've been happily married to a Latina now for 1 year!!! As a matter of fact there's nothing that bores me more than one of those blue eyed blonde haired women... I'm European, but ever since I've left, my tastes have gone exotic!!! By the way, no other race of woman moves as well as a Latina!!! Ayyyy Mammmmi, SAAAAAAAABBBBBOOOOOOORRRRRRR

ryanb741

Sun Dec 30, 2001 5:53 am

I am white and my wife is Thai and she is an absolute babe. If you don't try dating a different culture at least once you are missing out IMHO. All I can say is after being with an Asian girl I would never go back to a white girl ever.

Dated a Trinidadian girl once - absolute dynamite.

Although I had an Indian girlfriend once and would never go there again - the girl was fine but Hinduism, or rather Hindu FATHERS are f*cked up!
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

777236ER

Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:09 am

You really do sound as though it's something VERY abnormal Mbj-11. It's not.
Your bone's got a little machine

Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:27 am

Race doesn't matter to me, as long as he is a Christian.
I love all of God's creations.

Although I am black female, I don't get much attention from black men--I'm not their cup of tea. I get approached mainly by Whites (especially Europeans), Hispanics, Asians, and anything else under the sun--except blacks.

It's so funny when my white female friends try to ask me for advice about thier black boyfriends, and I can't help them. I have to remind them that they know more about black men than I do. Big grin

Superfly

Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:30 am

Climbout:
>I don't get much attention from black men--I'm not their cup of tea.

Ummm, I guess you've been ignoring me. Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:38 am

You're funny, Superfly.

I'm talking about black men who have seen me in person. This has always been the case, even when I was in high school--many moons ago. Same thing in college. No attention from black men, but lots from other races. Strange!

ryanb741

Sun Dec 30, 2001 7:50 am

Race doesn't matter to me, as long as he is a Christian

Surely that's just as bad as discriminating against race? What on earth does religion have to do with how good someone is inside?
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Sun Dec 30, 2001 8:20 am

Because that is what I prefer. I can't imagine dating or marrying someone who is not a Christian. It would cause too much of a conflict.

America West

Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:31 am

I'm half black and white, but I have never dated a white girl before. One girl that I dated was black and the other was biracial like me. I have no problem with dating someone of another race or even marying them.  Big thumbs up

An-225

Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:48 am

Sure I would. I am going out with a Colombian girl in about 3 weeks. I've dated blacks, whites, americans, russians, latinas... etc. Religion does not matter for me either, as long as it's not forced on me.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

boeingnut

Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:51 am

Well, I'm a white male, and I married a Chinese woman that I met while I was living over in China for a year about 2 years ago now.

The only problem we ran into was 2000 new year's in Leipzig, Germany, where she was studying before we were married. Some highly enlightened individual decided to say something to the effect of "get the f*ck out of our country, you stupid chink!" and then proceeded to throw a firecracker at her, which landed on her backpack. I was able to hit her bag and knock the thing off of her and away before it went off.

I'm not one of these "yellow fever" guys, I dated caucasian girls, black girls, and asian girls. To be totally honest, I never looked at it as being exotic, race was never a factor in choosing them. Guess I just had some good parents who raised me colorblind.

Even though I am not a Christian (I'm a Buddhist), I have to agree with Climbout, that religion is very important in marriage. Skin is just that, skin, but religion is the basis for one's outlook on life, their morals, their whole being, so it would cause many many problems for me if I were to marry a Christian girl, or if CLimbout married a Buddhist (or whatever you may be, just putting Buddhist in there because thats what I am). That situation gets even more fun when kids get into the picture. "Well son, your father doesnt believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ, so is going to hell", or something along those lines. Its messy.

But as I said earlier, its not whats on the outside like race, but on the inside, the personality of your sig other, so religion does come into play bigtime if you are serious about that person

-Boeingnut
Excuse me, but what does God need with a starship?

Superfly

Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:11 pm

I am colorblind to race also when it comes to dating. All races have there fair share of beautiful women.

Climbout and Boeingnut both raise a good point. Religion is as Boeingnut stated "is the basis for one's outlook on life, their morals, their whole being"...
I have been involved with girls that were Jehovas Witness, Mormons and deeply religious Lutherans. It would have been a big problem if we tried to pursue anything serious.

Bring back the Concorde

Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:58 pm

Yes, Boeingnut did raise some very good points. I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for making it so clear.

trickijedi

Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:50 pm

OK sounds like we kinda of all agree that race in the opposite sex doesn't play that much of a role (if at all) in our preference but religion on the other hand may be more of a factor.

I agree with this as well. I am Catholic and was raised with deep-rooted Catholic beliefs and values. Heck I even went to a seminary for 8 years because I thought I wanted to become a Catholic priest. You won't be able to tell that when you meet me or hang out with me but ... Anyway, I feel that it would a bit hard for me to make a relationship work if I had been truly serious with someone who had a totally different belief system. I am very familiar with most of the religions out there (from studying and reading about them) but frankly I believe what I believe in. I also think this can become more problematic when children are involved. Say a couple is of two very different religions (one Western-rooted and the other one Easter-rooted for instance) then decisions would have to be made at a fairly early time based on how the child would be raised and what type of belief system the child would follow. Does he/she go to a Jewish Yeshiva or a mosque? Does he/she celebrate Christmas or Hannukah? Should the couple teach the child about Allah? the Tao? Buddah? etc (or whatever their respective religions beleive in). This can create create potential conflicts if both individuals in the relationship are devoted followers of their respective religions. Poor kid, watch him turn out to be an agnostic devil worshipper (just kidding).

Valerie (my better half) is non-denominational Christian and we decided to raise Brittany (our daughter) Catholic. So next year she'll be going to Catholic school and learning about Jesus. Another point that I also need to clarify is that I am not really all that interested in raising Brit to be a hardcore religious freak who preaches the Bible to everyone (with all due respect to Bible preachers). I am more interested in simply building a foundation of values for her to follow and it will be pretty much up to her to gauge how far she wants to take her religion. To me spirituality (the belief in a higher power as opposed to God, but also can be God) has always been more important as far as living a stable life than religion (a set of rules for one to follow in the name of the religion' god) on its own. Ever meet anyone who says he or she goes to church all the time but practices discriminatory living, judges people all the time and is probably a pseudo racist? Have you ever seen people go to church and then come home swearing up a storm calling people all sorts of different names because the liquor store on the way home was closed and couldn't find anyone to gamble with? Or what about the church-going drug addict or the supposed God-fearing thief? Well not only are they hypocrites but they are probably filled with religion but lack spirituality. Having said that, Brit will definitely be learning spirituality alongside (if not before) religion. Then that way she won't be going to church because she has to but rather because she feels it's healthy for her. I'd rather her question the religion than simply try to follow it. I don't want to raise a hypocrite.

Along the same lines, I have known couples of differing religions who have made their relationships work. From talking about the topic with these different couples, I noticed that they are either non-practicing individuals or extemely respectful of each other's beleifs. All of them had no kids by the way.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

IrishFlyer

Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:45 pm

I dated a girl from Germany last year, But with me being American/Irish we really clashed after a few months.

~IrishFlyer~

JetService

Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:53 pm

I would never date a women of another race. My wife would kick my ass! Big grin

If not married, I would stop at nothing.  Big thumbs up
"Shaddap you!"

lehpron

Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:40 am

I'd have to, I honestly don't want to be anywhere near another asian indian lady, they all remind me of my mother of whom I have a real hatred towards. My preference is white ladies with blonde hair -- which has to be about as far away as anyone can get. The reality is that I have had attractions to every race except another Indian, I just go impotent.

Religion, I have no problems, as long as they don't get the idea of converting me in their head. Ofcourse I will always try to stay away from people like that. You can fish them out, they are the ones who treat life like their religion and others in the same way -- irrationally.

I have respect for everyone except my mom, fact. I can't forgive her, I won't. There is no way in hell I'm marring an Indian, period.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

Turbolet

Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:44 am

Maltese women are the most beautiful women in the world, anyway  Big thumbs up

-turbolet

EWRvirgin

Tue Jan 01, 2002 5:20 am

Not all at once, no.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

sushka

Tue Jan 01, 2002 5:24 am

does Russian count?  Big thumbs up
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

mbj-11
Topic Author

Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:49 am

Hmmm.......I see some people questioned my thinking. Well it was just to see how many of you other fella's had the same attraction for a female regardless of her race.
Jesus is the Christ and he alone saves

CactusA319

Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:50 am

I have dated different races in the past. I'm Latino, but I have dated white and black girls. Although my preference is Latinas (best women in the world if you ask me) I wouldn't hesitate to date someone outside my race. It all comes down to the type of person they are.

Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:27 am

I am married, but if I wasn't, yes I would. They would most definitely have to be a Christian though.

"Religion, I have no problems, as long as they don't get the idea of converting me in their head. Ofcourse I will always try to stay away from people like that. You can fish them out, they are the ones who treat life like their religion and others in the same way -- irrationally"

Lehpron, if you would be so kind as to state your world view, it wouldn't take me very long to find an area of your worldview and your life that are irrationally inconsistent. Guaranteed  Smile.

Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:19 pm

Well, I would say YES.

I've always loved women of different race, especially Asians. I also like Native Americans and Hawaiians. However, hehe, this is kinda funny, I'm made up of all those races, plus white, so really, almost any kinda girl I like belongs to one of my races.  Confused

Confuising but interesting, hehe.

Aloha 737-200!! Proud to be a mix.  Big thumbs up

Jaspike

Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:26 pm

I would.

It doesn't matter about looks, it's how much you like their personality etc that matters Big thumbs up

Josh
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

CPDC10-30

Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:29 pm

I have only "dated" other races than my own and would continue to do so if I ever did date again...which is not likely  Smile

Greg

Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:33 pm

Have dated a lot of men from different cultures. I like latin guys.

ryanb741

Thu Jan 03, 2002 12:01 am

A hole's a hole, eh?  Big grin  Big thumbs up

JAL

Thu Jan 03, 2002 4:06 am

Sure, why not!
Work Hard But Play Harder

lehpron

Thu Jan 10, 2002 7:03 pm

Lehpron, if you would be so kind as to state your world view, it wouldn't take me very long to find an area of your worldview and your life that are irrationally inconsistent. Guaranteed  Smile

Awe Toadpipe, you didn't take that personally did you? It shows you have issues too, just like the rest of us. Please rephrase your query as I sense a bit of disbelief within your sentences. Which world view do you want? There are many, depending on my mood of course. Big grin
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

docpepz

Thu Jan 10, 2002 10:03 pm

I am ethnically part indian and part chinese though I speak English as my first language and learnt chinese and had hardly, if any, anything about indian culture. Don't speak a word of any indian language.

I guess I'm a mixed up guy. I look more indian, but act and behave more chinese. So what am I?

WHoever I date, it would be someone of another race, by definition!

hustler

Fri Jan 11, 2002 1:39 am

Oohh heck yeah. I love to go out with different races. It's in my job description not to judge.

...Hustler.