Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

IrishFlyer
Topic Author

Target Somolia

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:02 pm

Hello All...As many of us know, OBL's Al Queda Network operates in numerous countires around the world, Including Somolia. Lately rumors around Washington have been indicating that Coalition Forces are preparing to possible attack Somolia. I totally support Pres. Bush if he decides to attack Somolia.

So, The question is "Do you think the U.S. will attack Somolia"?

~IrishFlyer~

P.S.: "I would rather go out with my Ex-Girlfriend's mom than have to put up with Goodbye's supporting of Osama Bin Laden".

VirginA340

RE: Target Somolia

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:13 pm

Somalia is next on the list. i was hoping it would be Gadahfi in Libya or Hussein in Iraq but I guess thats later. Syria has been pretty quiet lately. Too bad Saudi Arabia isn't there as well . Their way of handling terrorism is a joke!
"FUIMUS"

Goodbye

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:16 pm

Aww...poor sod, looks like you'll have to get in contact with your ex-girlfriend's mother!
✈︎

ILS

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:17 pm

LOL Goodbye!

Big thumbs up

IrishFlyer
Topic Author

Goodbye

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:19 pm

Ya, I guess I'll have to call up Susie. Heres some advice, Never piss an Irish Dude off.

~IrishFlyer~

ILS

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:20 pm

Saudi Arabia?? Yeah right. Their government will handle it themselves. We would never attack our ally and our supplier of oil.

IrishFlyer
Topic Author

ILS

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:22 pm

I just dont trust Saudi. If I had evidence they were really helping us and they were going after terrorists I wouldnt want to attack them

~IrishFlyer~

P.S. Isnt OBL from Saudi?

American_4275

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:25 pm

Irishflyer,
You think the U.S. is going to attack Iran? Good luck!  Yeah sure

IrishFlyer
Topic Author

American_4275

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:26 pm

Iran is garbage! They have been on our list of states that support terrorism~

~IrishFlyer~

American_4275

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:34 pm

Irishflyer as far as I am concerned YOU are garbage. Why don't you choose your words more wisely, jack*ss! I'm also convinced you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

American_4275

IrishFlyer
Topic Author

Goodbye

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:53 pm

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Dumbass!!!!!

Keep wishing!!!!!! I would NEVER be a coward like your role model Osama Bin Laden!!!!! Plus, The U.S. would never bomb me.

~IrishFlyer~

BA

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:56 pm

IrishFlyer,

Yes, Osama Bin Laden is from Saudi Arabia, however 10 years ago, the Saudi goverment took away his citizenship and forced him to leave Saudi Arabia because of his radical views.

Saudi Arabia is not the enemy here.

If you were smart, you would've known that....
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

IrishFlyer
Topic Author

BA

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:58 pm

Yes, I remember Saudi revoking his Citizenship. I dont see Saudi helping us like they should.

~IrishFlyer~

BA

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:00 pm

IrishFlyer,

What has Saudi Arabia got to do with this? What do you expect them to to? No one has control over Osama Bin Laden, he is INDEPENDANT. Saudi Arabia can't to ANYTHING to capture him.

Regards.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

VirginA340

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:02 pm

Somalia will be taken care of once Osama, Mullah Omar and the rest of Alcadia, Taliban and their sympathisers are dead or incarcerated. Then on to Saddam in Iraq. But I also hope Gadahfi in Lybia is up on the list
"FUIMUS"

American_4275

Yeah you want to know something, asshole? My family IS from Iran so I do take personal offense to that and resent the fact that you feel the need to be disrespectful. By the way, I support the action taken by President Bush. You are pretty sad that you have to resort to analyzing my age to figure out what I know and don't know. How the hell would you know my knowledge on this topic?

You should come down here to Miami sometime...

Oooh....what are you gonna do? Beat me up? Get a life!

P.S. Its sad that 1 or 2 teens have to be like that. 99% of the teens on this site are awesome.

I don't see how I differ that much from other teens. Perhaps it's the fact that I stand up for myself and what I believe in and don't brush off comments that personally offend me. You'd better start accepting it buddy because if you approach someone and say stuff like that to their face about their culture or country, you'll get the crap beaten out of you.

American_4275

IrishFlyer
Topic Author

British Airways

BTW, I like your s/n  Smile

They could send some forces and possible let us use some Air Bases.

~IrishFlyer~

BA

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:04 pm

IrishFlyer,

Thanks.  Smile

We already have MANY military aircraft in Saudi Air Bases. They've been there since the Gulf War.

Regards.

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:05 pm

I would support an attack in Somalia, if evidence shows that al Qaida is using the country as a base to recruit terrorists, train terrorists, and seek haven.

However, much as the USA partnered with the Northern Alliance to lead the offensive from the north and the Eastern Shura to chase al Qaida from Tora Bora, I think the US should also partner with a coalition of forces who agree with our anti-al Qaida stance and who are prepared to establish a stable and legitimate regime with western backing and investment.

As for Saudi Arabia, I think an American attack is certainly out of question, but the US NEEDS the Saudis to understand that they have to practice a much more tolerant brand of Islam and teach it in their schools, or else, yes, the we will have a problem with the Saudis. No longer can they finance schools that teach puritanical, intolerant Islam around the country. No longer can the Saudi royal family deflect criticisim of its repressive, closed regime towards America.

Iran, also need not be attacked, but rather cultivated. CIA and American intelligence needs to focus on supporting financially and strategically those moderate forces that seek to reform Iran through peace, prosperity, and modernity, not repression, violence, and cynicism.

Iraq and Libya are troubel though. I am thorough conviced that Qaddaffi and Hussein are two very dangerous, deranged individuals, who the US needs to think seriously about toppling.

TNNH

ILS

American_4275

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:05 pm

Rock on.

American_4275

IrishFlyer

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:10 pm

Hahaha go back to 2nd grade. You must be a product of a sh*tty education system and have no tolerance for other cultures.

Clearly, as you can see, you are being backed by many people. OH WAIT...

Just stop, you are making a bigger ass out of yourself after every new post.

Kindest regards,
American_4275

ILS

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:12 pm

Don't we still have Army troops stationed in Saudi as well?

BA

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:13 pm

ILS,

Yes, we have just about everything stationed in Saudi Arabia.

Regards.

American_4275

Irishflyer

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:15 pm

One more thing:
"Bomb Bomb Bomb...Bomb Bomb Iran..........Lets Bomb Iran!!!!!!!!!!!
TWAneedsNOhelp made some very good points.

Did you even READ what TWA said? :

Iran, also need not be attacked, but rather cultivated. CIA and American intelligence needs to focus on supporting financially and strategically those moderate forces that seek to reform Iran through peace, prosperity, and modernity, not repression, violence, and cynicism.

He's suggesting an alternative to violence! COMPLETELY oppositive of your posts. Hypocrit..

American_4275

IrishFlyer
Topic Author

RE: Irishflyer

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:28 pm

Marhaban, From your point of view, I need to go back to 2nd grade. Hmmmm, I dont think so...Considering the fact that I am going to be starting at the University Of Miami shortly.

I have 100% Tolerance for other cultures. I was born here in the USA and I am also Irish. I celebrate all U.S. & Irish Holidays. I have numerous hispanic friends, as well as Islamic Friends. Some of the coolest people I know are from the Middle East. So dont go around saying that I'm a racist.

I dont mind not being backed, Plus look at what time it is.

TWAneedsNOhelp did make some good points in his post...I read it about 4 times before I decided to speak out. I'm not saying I agree with his views on Iran, But I cant say that they are wrong either. I just prefer a different way.

~IrishFlyer~

Dasa

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:34 pm

IrishFlyer, you claim to be impartial, but you come back with racist comments about American_4275's background. You also claim to be 100% tolerant... if you were, you would actually try to learn about Middle Eastern Cultures rather than just say America should bomb them. Get some idea on the Middle East before you comment.

American_4275

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:42 pm

Irishflyer,
You say you are not racist, yet by quickly scanning through your previous posts, you come across as anything but tolerant. This harshness towards people of different backgrounds (or just me) needs to cease. I don't appreciate it and I'd have no problem reconciling this if you'd just stop with this bashing and form some logical explanations. I apologize for some harsh things I said that might have been out of line (although most of it, IMO, was justified).

I've formed the impression that you're not well-educated on the Middle East and their efforts in this crisis. I can't say I blame you because you might not have that much interest, and you might not hear that much about the beneficial aspects coming from the Middle East, but if you dig into deeper news sources, you will uncover such facts.

American_4275

RE: Irishflyer

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:52 pm

I really don't think bombing Somalia will change a thing. The country is ruled by thugs. It has a tremendous amount of very, very poor people. No industry at all period. No real form of government, ruled by warlords. If OBL wants to live there, fine. Watch and wait then take him out. We took some warlords out in 93', without carpet bombing the place. We lost some men, but we still accomplished the mission. I don't think a ham fisted approach would be the thing to do here. This is the dilemma, 1.) the country is very corrupt 2.) the poor people are being taken advantage of 3.)there really is nobody to take the place of the warlors politically ( might makes right in Somalia) 4.) The only way to change things would be to setup a new outside Govt. 5.) The people in Somalia don't want outside help politically ( they want food not help) 6.) any action we take will make us look bad, becuase if you don't help: then you are uncivilised for letting these people starve and be ruled by thugs on the other hand if you do help: You will be interfering with these peoples govt and way of life ( which they don't want), the good ol USA sticking their nose in places where it doesn't belong.

So, I say just quietly remove OBL and get the H*ll out. Let some other compassionate country ( insert your country here, if you are always complaining about the US) help Somalia, the we can make a judgement on their performance.

Mon Dec 31, 2001 4:19 pm

funny post Toadpipe! I had a few thoughts.....

I really don't think bombing Somalia will change a thing

Your right! No one wants this!

The country is ruled by thugs. It has a tremendous amount of very, very poor people. No industry at all period. No real form of government, ruled by warlords.

Sounds a little like oh, say..... Afghanistan? Wait, I mean a lot like Afghanistan!

If OBL wants to live there, fine.

Not fine!

Watch and wait then take him out.

Wait, so that he and his terrorist network have a chance to kill more innocent people? Nope!

We lost some men

We sure did. Very tragic, this is why we need to be much more careful when going in again if we do. (by the way, the movie is getting very mixed reviews!)

but we still accomplished the mission.

No we didn't!  Sad

.) the country is very corrupt 2.) the poor people are being taken advantage of 3.)there really is nobody to take the place of the warlors politically ( might makes right in Somalia)

They said the same things about Afghanistan. But its turning our pretty damn good if you ask me.

The only way to change things would be to setup a new outside Govt.

Change things for the worse! Outsiders can help the Somalis build a government, but it has to be their government, their people, their legitimacy, or else it will fail.

The people in Somalia don't want outside help politically ( they want food not help)

Because you've asked them?

So, I say just quietly remove OBL

What if we can't? We couldn't in central Asia. And what of his followers, weapons, camps, infrastructure (if they do indeed exist)?

Let some other compassionate country ( insert your country here, if you are always complaining about the US) help Somalia

Agreed that any operation in east Africa would need coalition support (I think thats what your saying) and just as the British, Jordanians, Pakistanis, Bahrainis, Dutch, and Japanese assisted/will assist in Afghanistan, so they shall and will in Africa.

the (sic) we can make a judgement on their performance.

Which leads to nowhere, but bitterment, jealousy, and resentment. As the world's soul super power, my country has an obligation to assist the world's development, prosperity, and democracy. We have an obligation to be as Israel was envisaged "a light unto the nations". We have the resources, people, and knowledge to help those who can't help themselves. I advocate that we destroy al Qaida as we help stabilize and restructure weaker countries that need our help.

TNNH

Mon Dec 31, 2001 4:51 pm

Anyway, as for the talk about Iran being a target there is an article in Monday's NYTimes describing how US intelligence reports indicate al Qaida sought to create an alliance with Iranian intelligence services.

Weird, because bin Laden supported and was harbored by the Sunni Taliban, which was a fierce enemy of Shiite Iran. Nevertheless, al Qaida members travelled to Iran and met with Iranian representatives in effort to forge an alliance against the common enemy, USA.

If further evidence shows active Iranian involvement and support for al Qaida, then US efforts to reform Iran should be made all that more a prority.

TNNH

PS: Iran is still a strong supporter of the Shiite Hizbullah militia/political movement in Lebanon and the Jihad Islami terrorist group in the Israeli territories.

Mon Dec 31, 2001 4:58 pm

I think the US is using diplomatic efforts on numerous nations as we speak. Only if they do not help eliminate out terrorism will the US go in.
Iain

VirginA340

Mon Dec 31, 2001 5:06 pm

About Iran please understand that it is a majority of members of the Iranain harliners. The people of Iran do not like the oppresive regimes and rules that they have impossed. The reform party is slowly but surely comming along. The country has come along way since 1979. Give it some more time and before you know it Iran will look almost like Turkey. I have faith that the reformers will be bettewr and do better. The country's economy depends on it as well as it's people. You have a good majority not wanting to vote for anyone who is NOT wearing a tie. Many are sick and tired of the roller coaster like economy. The people are changing and very soon the government will.

Gadahfi in Lybia and Saddam in Iraq and their thugs and sypathysers are the real enemies. They are more than half of the reasons why their countries are going down hill! Get rid of them and terrorism will stop. People and the economy will prosper. I'm sure our country as well as others who are helping out will do this by the 1 or 2 year anniversary or the WTC disaster.

The entire world has had enough of this.
"FUIMUS"

NUAir

Mon Dec 31, 2001 7:03 pm

Toadpipe, I agree with you but not totally.

Bombing Somalia to stop terrorism would be like bombing the wild hundreds in South Chicago to stop criminal robberies in chicago. What are you prooving by bombing a country that isnt even a country? Its just a bunch of groups of militias killing off each other, whos side is the US planning to take? Because any side will be the wrong side. Somalia has no Northern Alliance that will suck up to the US to secure financial aid in the future.

If you want to prevent terrorism bomb somalia with tons of food and water so they will fight anti-americans on there own.

If america decides to attack a non existent country like Somalia they will lose all of my support in this so called war against terrorism.
"How Many Assholes we got on this ship?" - Lord Helmet

ryanb741

Mon Dec 31, 2001 9:10 pm

Things the US needs to sort out NOW:

1. Israel/Palestine
2. India/Pakistan
3. Iraq

Things the US might need to sort out in the near future:

1. Somalia
2. Chechnya

Things that it would be idiotic for the US to 'sort out':

1. Iran (come on - they're as pro-American as they have been since the revolution)
2. Libya (the place is just a desert - no one in the Arab world takes Gadaffi seriously anyway)
3. Saudi America (I mean Arabia  Big grin ) (Irishflyer - Hello? Anybody at home?)
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

VirginA340

Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:30 am

Ryanb741. I like your thread. But I do think they need to take care of Somalia before it becomes a major problem. condtions like that will be welcoming for another Taliban like repeat.

I want Gadahfi taken care of for the families of PA 103, UTA DC-10 bombing, among other attacks that he is responsible for. I'm surprised he is actually allowed to live this long after the crap he and his thugs did in the 1980s. His laws against terrorism is a joke. The UTA DC-10 bombers litterally got off scot free. Hosie arrest is a total salp in the face to justice!

hopefully the situation in Saudi can improve. Just remove certain indiviuals im power who are insitgating the trouble and convince the people that we are not the infidels or bad guys or whatever rotten thing we are called there. A good majority of Saudis want their country to be like Iran or even as far as Turkey. No thanks to those certain individuals their human rights record is attrocious and the treatment of women there is a few steps closer to the Taliban. If I ever saw a woman infront of me get treated like that by her man I'd do a hell of alot more that clobber the sick punk!
"FUIMUS"

Aussiemite

RE: Goodbye

Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:31 am

Ya, I guess I'll have to call up Susie. Heres some advice, Never piss an Irish Dude off.

~IrishFlyer~

yep they might jump through your monitor and kick you.

TS-IOR

Tue Jan 01, 2002 10:08 pm

It would be a foolish and terrorist decision !

There is absolutely nothing to attack in Somalia !
The country is suffering starvation,and the wise
decision of G.W.BUSH to stuck Al Baraka Bank assets
came to deepen this horrible situation,as the above
mentioned bank is formed by Somalis living in America
and it used to help sending money to Moquadisho !!!

Attacking Somalia would be a loss to the Pentagon
as its results are obvious: the death of children and
women already dying !!!

May G.W.BUSH give a speech after that,and say:
"Make no mistake about it,we'll bring'em to justice !!!"

LJ

Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:04 pm

Last week there was an interesting show on TV about a possible bombing of Somalia. Wheras nobody cares about bombing Afghanistan (it seems that the Taliban wasn't very liked in the Arab world) bombing Somalia would be regared as an attack on the African muslims. Moreover, the president wondered where all those 'training camps' are nowadays. Most have 'vanished the moment the US talked about Somalia. Furthermore, it seems that all the warlords in Somalia also have some 'training camps' themselves and attacking those would seriously heaten up the situation. Oh yes, there is one big difference between Somalia and Afghanistan. The Taliban (one body) ruled Afghanistan and nobody rules Somalia (or better various warlords control the country).

As for attacking Iran or Syria. I think Mr. Bush (or better: his advisors) is wise enough to know that this probably would create WW III or something like that.

Finally, our 'friend' in Baghdad probably can't wait untill the Americans will have a go at the country once more. He'll be again the star on the international TV screens (do you really think they'll ever catch Sadam?) and newspapers.

BTW are the US also planning to bomb the 'training camps' in Pakistan or doesn't Mr. Bush know that they majority of Osama's 'training camps' are based in this country?

Regards
Laurens

Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:13 pm

Ryanb741

Just how would you suggest the Yanks sort out the problem of Chechnya? Remember, this is Russian territory, and it is a "conflict" which the Yanks have time and time again berated Russia for. Never mind the Chechen terrorists have bombed dozens of civilian targets in Russia....train stations....apartment buildings.....stores....etc. The position of Bush is that the Russians should be negotiating with the Chechens, even though that line which has its foundation in make believe comes into play: "there will be no negotiations with terrorists". Me smells some type of double standards there. Chechnya is a problem which America would be well advised to keep their noses out of.

As to the other things America needs to sort out, the number one thing is their own backyard (as it is with every country).

ryanb741

Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:51 am

What I meant was that the situation in Chechnya needs to be sorted out regardless of who does it. What many people don't realise is that the Taleban and the Al Qaeda goons have a lot to do with the fundamentalists in Chechnya.

Instead of berating Russia - let the Russians sort it out. Now would be as good a time as any, seeing as the whole world is in crusade-against-the-Islamic-terrorists mode.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

JetService

Wed Jan 02, 2002 1:25 am

Iran? I doubt the US would attack Iran. As Ryan pointed at, they are turning pro-west and hungry for democracy, but that is more the citizenry. The gov't itself may be moderate, but still is suspected of supporting terror. A US-backed internal uprising, perhaps?

Libya? Mo'mar seems to be taking the wrath of the US under serious consideration.

Iraq? Hope Saddam enjoyed his last new year celebration in power.
"Shaddap you!"

IndianGuy

Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:04 am

Hey guys, mebbe IrishFlyer should be air-dropped into Somalia to fight those "terrorists".

That would take care of his problems. (And ours)

American_4275

Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:06 am

Indianguy,
I think our problems with him on this forum have already been taken care of, my friend. Check his profile  Smile

American_4275

Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:14 am

A US-backed internal uprising, perhaps?

For Iran this is definately the best course of action. But here we have to be discreet and careful.

I thoroughly and vehemently disagree with Ryanb741's list of possible targets in which Saudi Arabia is listed in the "idiotic" column.

As september 11th, has so tragically, but clearly showed, Saudi Arabia is America's biggest threat to our national security. 15 of her sons wreaked damage and despair to an extent my country has never witnessed before. 15 of her sons, educated in her Islamic schools, brought up in her Islamic society, and indoctrinated with her violent intolerant views of non-Muslims

Oh yes, Saudi Arabia is a very dangerous threat to our existance. Not because of any kalashnikovs, or tanks, or even nuclear weapons, but because of ideas. Dangerous puritanical ideas that far too many of Saudi Arabia's dispossesed, brainwashed youth have. Ideas that presented themself in a more clear and devastating manor on that tuesday morning than ever before.

TNNH

IndianGuy

Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:31 pm

Just one rejoinder here. Iran, for all its negativity, has a democratic govt and outlook, and is becoming more and more secular.

My own country is working successfully towards bringing Israel and Iran closer to each other.

So i dont think that Iran needs to be the traget of any such action.

Skyteam

Thu Jan 03, 2002 3:27 pm

WHOA, What a mess. Where did he come up with the U.S. attacking Somalia? I would look for the U.S. to attack Iraq next. Also how in the hell did Iran get into this?

SKYTEAM

mrman_3k

Thu Jan 03, 2002 4:36 pm

Just remember and read the book (later watch the movie) "Black Hawk Down", you will see how some of them "Skinnies" fight.

IndianGuy

Thu Jan 03, 2002 5:46 pm

There is this character called David somthing who is sending me abusive emails about my Posts. Is that IrishFlyer? Should i forward the mails to Johan?

go canada!

Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:55 am

i would but i doubt its him......

as for somolia..if somoli has al-queda
 Smile-O spelling!!!!!!!!!) bases then those bases should be bombed. the free world cannot afford another afgahnistan where we left it alone and made it worse.

all routes of terror must be squashed...if there are terrorists in saudi they must be brought to justice.

With regard to Checyna(spelling!) I think russia will go back in once the war in afghanistan has ended.Russia is taking an interest in the republics near it to make sure that former ussr states dont become havens of terror and dont have fantatical governments. Russia also is watching india and pakistan with keen interest so it is likely to hold fire for the time being.

I think russia would quite happily accept some forgein aid though..it must be getting something for promising not to get too involved.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

ryanb741

Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:05 am

One thing that has surprised me with the Kashmir situation is China's apparent restraint. I was under the impression that the Chinese held some claim over parts of Kashmir also.