Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

copper1
Topic Author

Tattoos? Do You Have Any?

Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:41 am

Who here has a tattoo and what is it a picture of. I have a Supermarine Spitfire on my left arm im memory of all RCAF members killed or injured in WW II.

Jeff

Turbolet

RE: Tattoos? Do You Have Any?

Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:44 am

No. My mum would kill me if I came home with one...
-turbolet

Twotterwrench

Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:51 am

I got one before I got sent to jail.. it's on my ass and it says "exit only"

SophieMaltese

Tue Jan 01, 2002 8:09 am

None here.

KROC

Tue Jan 01, 2002 8:11 am

I have 5. A bull on my upper right arm, and above that, the Wu-Tang Clan Symbol. On my left upper arm, I have a dragon that looks something like the one Angelina Jolie has on her arm. Below that, a tribal band, and on my right shoulder blade, I have the NY Met's "NY".

Alaskaairlines

RE: Twotterwrench

Tue Jan 01, 2002 8:53 am

How come you got sent to jail?

-Dmitry

watewate

Tue Jan 01, 2002 8:59 am

Rub on tattoos for me. My tastes change all too frequently for anything as permanent as tattoo to take up real estate on my precious skin. But I find discreet tattoos on women's @ss and ankles sexy.  Smile

Starship

Tue Jan 01, 2002 9:13 am

None for me. I am totally against tattoos and threatened to evict one of my staff from my house if he had one done and withdraw his use of my car. I'm pleased to say common sense prevailed.
Behind every "no" is a "yes"

KROC

Tue Jan 01, 2002 9:33 am

Starship, I am dedicating my 6th tattoo to you!

EGFF

Tue Jan 01, 2002 7:28 pm

Guys, im 18 in October and im gonna go and get one on my birthday. My dad is covered in Tattoo's, he has around 14 all over his body and ive always looked at them and thought 'oh yes, give me one of them'  Big thumbs up
EGFF
All together or not at all

Aussiemite

Tue Jan 01, 2002 7:49 pm

I think they look tacky.

Have you ever seen a 45 year old biker woman with 15 year old tatoos? they look like shit.

Im sure the chemicals cant be healthy either.

Braniff Place

Tue Jan 01, 2002 8:11 pm

Yep Aussiemite they look like trash and you can also get AIDS from them too its sad to see ppl out there like to have their body covered in green, disgusting satannic like motifs they are just disgusting... tacky indeed.
BRANIFF PLACE

Dragon Lady

Tue Jan 01, 2002 8:26 pm

I have a dragon on my lower back which is quite small and barely visible if I wear clothes, the eye of Ra on my left inner ankle and hieroglyphs around my right ankle. All my tattoos are quite small and could probably be removed if I would want.

Alexandria

KROC

Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:27 am

Give me a break Braniff Place. You can get AIDS from a lot of things in this world. If you get a tattoo from a reputable place, not the dude down the street with a tattoo gun, you will be fine. Also, I have 5 tattoos, does that mean I am satanic? Could you stereo type a little more? I mean you only are making yourself look ignorant.

Assiemite, what Chemicals can be bad? The ink, pretty much the same thing that has been used since the beginning of time?

*And for the record of tattoo's as you get older.....all mine can be covered up by a T-Shirt, and it will always be like that.

L-188

Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:29 am

I don't have any, don't particularly want one either.

I knew a girl who was talking about getting one on her behind that was made up just like the USDA grade stamps you see on those packages of meat at the store.

She for some reason though she would be rated "prime"
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Starship

RE: Kroc

Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:27 am

KROC, this 6th tattoo that you intend dedicating to me; I was wondering if it could look something along the lines of this. One would of course need a large "canvas". How about your back?

Behind every "no" is a "yes"

Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:01 am

Oh yes, I have one. A rather ugly looking one of those stupid drama masks (you know the ones from theatre of pain) with my EX-WIFES name lovingly placed beneath. This says two things about tattoos :1. never ever get one with somebody's name on it, you might regret it;2. If you like a band , just buy their album don't tattoo any of their crap on yourself, music goes out of style ( this is especially true of 80's hair bands). While I'm at it don't get married at the age of 19, don't join the navy, and for the love of all that is good, pick your tattoo out BEFORE you drink, get the tattoo AFTER you drink.

LH423

Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:07 am

I have been toying with the idea of one. I was thinking, now more than ever, that an appropriate one would be to get, in nothing too large, maybe 2cm tall letters the word "PAIX" which is French and means "PEACE".

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:21 pm

A girl I know has one of a stick man and a lawn mower just above her bush.
Iain

Aussiemite

Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:42 pm

Iainhol thats very amusing  Smile

seb146

Thu Jan 03, 2002 6:14 pm

I have three: The Canadian Maple Leaf on my right shoulder, the two Korean charicters meaning "North Star" on my left shoulder and Badtz-Maru on my chest. I'm thinking of getting the Greek Key tribal but I don't know which arm I should put it on. I also want to get my tounge pierced. I've just turned into a rebel.  Big thumbs up
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:03 pm

I´ve been thinking of getting one for several months now.I just haven´t decided yet what I want to have (a Plane ,an animal ,a symbol) nor the place (chest or upper arm...)
I´m taking my time until I´ll get decided .Once you have that thing on your skin it´can´t be removed in case of a sudden change of mind.

JAL

Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:49 am

No and I don't plan to get one!!
Work Hard But Play Harder

Matt D

Fri Jan 04, 2002 3:01 am

Are you kidding? My mother told me, and I quote verbatim if I ever got one:

"I don't care if you are 28 years old and tower over me. I brought you into this world and I'll take you out of it".

So I guess no tattooes for me.

besides, Aussiemate is right. After a decade or so, they start to fade and look discolored, and just an overall mess.

Although I hear that tattoo removal surgery is available, it still leaves an unsightly scar behind.

I'll pass.

And it's another sad trend here in SoCal:

All the women, and I do mean ALL of them that are 18-30 here have at least one. Most of the time, they have little butterflies, or flowers, or some "sun symbol" (kind of resembles the old National Sun God logo) either on their shoulder, or ankles, or around their navel.

I'm sure that they think it looks cute, neat, or attractive now.

Personally, I think it looks cheap and vapid.

Just wait until they start blowing up like balloons when they get older and the color starts to change.

Clearly more airtight proof that todays youth are incredibly short sighted and don't think about the future (such as 12 hours from now, when they sober up).

jared

Sat Jan 05, 2002 3:43 am

I have a black and red design I drew on my right forearm and want to add more. I got it October of 2000 but haven't added any more yet. I want to get my next one relating to my grandfather who died when I was young. Initials or some kind of picture or something, I'm not sure yet.

aps

Sat Jan 05, 2002 8:18 am

yes !