Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Matt D
Topic Author

A Major Female Quandry: Your Suggestions?

Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:59 pm

Ok...here is my situation. I recently met a girl, and we've gone out a few times. Then, a few days ago, she invited me over to her place. She has a roommate.

Then, her, her roommate, and me went out for New Years Eve. We all had a good time.

However, to make a long story short, I have got the hots for the roommate. Christine, the girl I first met is OK. But I think that her roommate, RuthAnn, is much more beautiful, and more compatible with me musically (very important), has a similar outlook on life as I do, and wants a boyfriend in the worst possible way. And the beauty of it is that she recently moved out here from Michigan. And it shows: she's not materialistically spoiled like all other SoCal women are.

Call it wishful thinking, or maybe just a "hunch", but I think her roommate might like me too.

But how can I approach her about it without upsetting Christine, whom I met first?

I am supposed to go over to her house again on Thursday, but I just can't bring myself to tell Christine that the real reason I'm going down there is to see RuthAnn. And I don't want to be responsible for driving a wedge between them. They've been friends, from what I've been told, for many years.

We all know that when it comes to a person of the opposite sex, two otherwise lifelong friends can suddenly feud like the Hatfields and the McCoys.

Any suggestions?

L-188

RE: A Major Female Quandry: Your Suggestions?

Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:35 pm

Hmmmm......This sounds like an old episode of Seinfeld.

May I suggest a Menage-a-trois.....(spl)
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Aussiemite

Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:46 pm

sux to be you

174thfwff

Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:40 am

One word...

Threesome

-Peace In-
174thfwff
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

Matt D
Topic Author

Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:52 am

I don't think that either of them would be too keen on a threesome.

And neither would I.

Now can I get a response from someone thinking with the head that's NOT just below the waist line?

seven_fifty7

Thu Jan 03, 2002 2:11 am

Be discreet and go with the roommate. Just make sure she's willing to be as discreet, so as not to upset her roommate.

Anyway, why worry about "hurting" Christine when you you feel she's just "ok?"

The worse that could happen is that the three of you could end up on Jerry Springer because of it.

I know I'd love to see that episode.

174thfwff

Thu Jan 03, 2002 2:12 am

Gosh Matt D, that was sarcasm at its best right there.
I'm, sorry that you took it so seriously. But then again, I bet if I gave you real advice you wouldn't take it since I am only 17 and you always put my opinions down since I am "young" and "inexperienced" even though I bet I have had more experience with treating a women right then you have...otherwise why would you need our help on women issues?

-Peace Out-
174thfwff

Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

Starship

Thu Jan 03, 2002 3:22 am

Matt, just dump the one and go with the other. Plain and simple.
Behind every "no" is a "yes"

Superfly

Thu Jan 03, 2002 8:09 am

Hey Matt D:
There is an easy way to handle this. You can kill two birds with one stone with this one. What I mean is that you can hook up with RuthAnn and teach Christine a lesson at the same time.

Christine f--ked up at the very beginning by inviting her roommate out with you two. Girls do this sometimes to 'size you up' and get a second opinion from her friends. A mature woman should have out-grown this by the age of 20.
But since she wants the three of you to go out 'as friends', then you have every right to engage in an in-depth conversation with RuthAnn about music or some other topic that Christine doesn't know too much about.
If you and RuthAnn have a lot in common and enjoy each other’s company, Christine can't complain!
If she gets made, she can only get mad at herself!
This is why I never go out with a girl that wants to bring a 'third wheel' along.
Bring back the Concorde

flyguy1

Thu Jan 03, 2002 8:58 am

Try not to make the first girl you met feel bad, but sometimes you end up meeting someone better for you, even though you are already in a relationship. It sounds like you, and her havent been going out for long. It shouldnt be such a major blow to her, if you go for that other girl. A mature person, and good friend, would understand.
727, L1011, MD80, A300, 777-200, 737-300, 737-700, 747-400, 757-200, 737-800, A320. E190, E135, 767-200, CRJ9

Thu Jan 03, 2002 11:14 am

Matty,

Be honest to the girls. It's not like you have been dating this Christine for 3 months or something. You don't really owe her anything except honesty.

When men start playing games in these situations they nearly always get caught out and end up in trouble.

Cheers,

mb

'A' nsett
'A' ustralia
'A' new star is born......

L-188

Thu Jan 03, 2002 5:08 pm

I still think that you need to go and watch that episode of Seinfeld.....It may give you some insight.

What the hell do you mean they aren't into threesomes? They are in California aren't they?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Matt D
Topic Author

Thu Jan 03, 2002 9:57 pm

Well, it's now 5AM here on the West Coast....I am starting my work day.

Anyway, the three of us WILL be doing "something" tonight.

A full report will be posted within two days.

And the beauty of it is that I will pretty much have full command of the evening cuz the two of them just informed me that they are "broke".

And I think I'll have to go with Superfly's suggestion. It sounds the most realistic and easy to "pull off".