Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

lubcha132
Topic Author

Which Rejection Would You Prefer

Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:18 am

Would you rather take a:
"not if you were the last man/woman/squirrel  Wink/being sarcastic on earth!"

or a "i value our friendship", "let's be friends" etc. which was just an empty easy let-down so you wouldn't go berserk?

KROC

RE: Which Rejection Would You Prefer

Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:25 am

KROC goes into the closet, dusts it off, because this thread gets a well deserved .....

Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:30 am

I have experienced the second one before.

Both of them would make you look like an idiot, but I would prefer the first one because the relationship would be over with before it even started and I could just play it off, and save myself the pain of being dumped later on. Big grin

flyf15

Thu Jan 03, 2002 11:56 am

The first...its much more straight up than the second. In the end, both lead to the same thing anyways.

SophieMaltese

Thu Jan 03, 2002 11:56 am

The latter. I value friends. My friends or there for me when the people I date let me down....

IMissPiedmont

Thu Jan 03, 2002 12:29 pm

Only two choices? What about the `I'll just pretend you don't exist anymore' or the `I'm not interested in dating anyone'? The latter is invariably followed by the woman (or man I guess) starting a relationship.
I prefer honesty. A simple no. It may hurt but at least I can walk away without feeling like a total loser.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

L-188

Thu Jan 03, 2002 5:13 pm

Anything is better then going home to the sounds of your girl two doors down getting her rocks off with the new fueler in town.....

For some reason a week later I got a dog......Still have the dog.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Turbolet

Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:10 pm

Lubcha: it doesn't really make a difference because if a girl tells you either of the two, they both mean the same thing:
"I don't like you and I don't want to go out with you so stop bugging me."
This is experience talking.
-turbolet

rapo

Thu Jan 03, 2002 9:27 pm

L-188,

Ughh, I feel for you dude. That's gotta hurt.

rapo

L-188

Thu Jan 03, 2002 9:34 pm

Oh don't worry about me....this was 5-6 six years ago....

Like I said. I still have the dog  Big thumbs up
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Matt D

Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:12 pm

That question is liked being asked which tastes better:

sand or axle grease

If I'm that hungry, then I might as well be dead.

The point is, it doesn't *really* matter HOW you are rejected. The one thing stays the same:

YOU'VE BEEN GIVEN THE SHAFT!!!!!

Aussiemite

Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:18 pm

the shaft fully sux0rs

Greg

Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:02 am

I'll let you know if either ever happens.
Kidding....probably the first.

Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:34 am

What about these?

"I like you as a friend."
"I think we should see other people."
"I don't speak English."
"I'm married to the sea."
"I don't wanna kill you, but I will.
"Six simple words. I'm not gay, but I'll learn"

aerorobnz

Fri Jan 04, 2002 3:39 am

I always use the first one, I'm a straight to the point type of person, I hate things that draw out unneccessarily by softening the blow.......a bullet to the head kills you faster than beating you with a teaspoon.. Smile/happy/getting dizzy I think I'm more likely to go berserk from the latter than the former, just because they don't have enough respect for me to tell it to me like it is...
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

ryanb741

Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:36 am

I'd prefer the one that goes :

'I don't think you should go out with me any more - I mean it must cost you a fortune buying me stuff and all that. However, I would like you to drop over for hot sex whenever you feel like it. In the meantime, meet my best friend Liz Hurley!'  Big thumbs up
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

lubcha132
Topic Author

Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:02 am

see the reason i posted this to see which would be worse is because i got the latter, and i don't think she even wants to be friends!

reminds me of the spongebob episode "naughty nautical neighbors". squidward makes patrick and spongebob hate each other. then, when squidward is choking on a fork, patrick saves him. squidward says "you're a real lifesaver friend" and patrick's eyes light up and he says "friennnnnnd". Of course, Squidward didn't mean it that way and he didn't know what he was getting into. I'm pretty lonely and any instance of the word friend really gets me excited (well not excited but interested).

josh

LufthansaUSA

Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:45 am

Lubcha, for goodness' sakes, stop whining on a.net.
You act like all your friends are leaving you-how about you spend less time online, and spend time making new friends, OK?
Sorry if I'm rude, but please...

Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:13 am

No one needs to be rude to Lubcha it's a legitimate question and does NOT deserve the Shaft.

OK, let me say one thing. The rejection I almost always hear is "I am just your freind". It's a soft rejection, but it can hurt worse. The reason why is that if you reject someone that way, the person you rejected will often keep trying to become your girlfreind/boyfreind, depending on your sex. Basically it doesn't get the point across that the other person isn't interested in you AT ALL, but rather says the person isn't interested in you RIGHT NOW. Therefore people keep trying.

It's much better for the girl to come right out and says "I dont like you in that way, please dont ask."

It gets the point across and helps one move on.

Aloha 737-200!!  Wink/being sarcastic

KROC

Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:40 am

Aloha. This does deserve the shaft. How much whinning can one forum take from one forum member?

Saloth Sar

Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:57 am

How much whinning (sic) can one forum take from one forum member?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:59 am

KROC, Lubcha is young, and he's my friend, therefore I sympathise with his complaints because in most cases, I've been there, done that.

He's a good member of the forum and has contributed some interesting discussions, if everyone like him left this forum would be boring.

Aloha 737-200

KROC

Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:08 am

How is it that the only time Saloth Star posts, is in challenge to me.

To Saloth Star. Get off my log. For you, that means get off my freakin dick. I don't want you swinging from my Johnson everytime I turn around.

Aloha. I know Lubcha is young, and I enjoy talking with him on AIM, but honestly. 95% of his posts are about how his life is so bad, how his friends diss him all the time. Not for nothing, but friends wouldn't diss him all the time. Like it was mentioned, maybe he outta spend more time making new friends. I suggested this to him personally, and I got 34 excuses why he couldn't. Come on. Life doesn't get any easier with age. Ask Saloth Star. Dude is older than dirt, and his life is one big problem, that is why he tries to start with me.

Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:12 am

Wel the thing is that if the people he knows, ("friends") diss on him all the time, and he comes here for help and support, I think we ought to give ti to him, cutting him down does nothing, giving him support and encouragement will help him relax and eventually he'll be able to figure out problems on his own, therefore the more we help him now, the less he'll need help in the future. the more we diss him now, the more help he's gonna need.

Be nice to him he needs it.

KROC

Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:14 am

I am nice to him, and have passed along a ton of advice on AIM to him. Thing is, if his friends diss him, then they are not his friends. Dude has been dwelling on this chick forever. The writing is on the wall. Dude needs to find a new slimmie. Plain and simple.

Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:18 am

I agree that they are not his freinds but I know why he calls them that.

I sometimes call anyone I know, my "friend" even if I barely know them, or am not really good freinds with them.

When Lubcha talks about his freinds he is talking about his aquaintances. (sp?)

That's all. I'm not saying you were mean to him KROC, I'm just saying his posts are more than welcome.

Aloha 737-200

LufthansaUSA

Fri Jan 04, 2002 10:48 am

Aloha, Lubcha's posts are welcome, but only if they have to do with something other than whining about his life.

lubcha132
Topic Author

Fri Jan 04, 2002 11:01 am

i'm pretty much done bitching for now
i realized that i'm now over her, and i don't need the aggravation. there are plenty of friends that haven't screwed me over or taken from me and left and there are plenty of fish in the sea.

Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:09 pm

Good for you, that's the attitude to have. I aslo suggest you look for freinds, real freinds, and think about the future rather than right now. Make freinds with people and let nature run its course, make freinds with girls but dont fall for them, just let it build. IF you know a person a long long time before you date them, your less likely to get hurt by them, even if the freind does not want to date you.

I know, I know, here comes the criticism, but all I'm saying is get to know girls better before you date them. I just got through with that kind of mistake, or rather got close to it, and I will never make it again.

Aloha 737-200

LH423

Sat Jan 05, 2002 8:23 am

I've actually never been dumped...usually I'm the one dumping, or the relationship fades, and there's no "closure" either way.

Personally, after ending a relationship with someone a few months ago, however proceeding into a friendship since then, I think it's just better to not beat around the bush. You didn't work out as a couple, and being friends can be awkward and if you're the one who dumped the other person, she/he might still have feelings for you, which can often lead to uncomfortable situations for both of you. Also, as has been my experience, even the friendship is eventually bound to doom.

If I'm getting dumped, I want it direct, and FINAL! It may hurt more at first, but in the end you'll be a lot stronger and a lot better off because of it.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

AWspicious

Sat Jan 05, 2002 8:50 am

"I've been diagnosed with a terminal illness and only have 2 months to live so I want to see the world before I die" .... later that summer you see her at the movies with the captain of the football team.
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!