Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

YYZ Boys: Mel Does It Again!

Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:51 am

To all the YYZ and surrounding area guys, I'm sure you've by now heard of the latest gaffe committed by Toronto's %$#@ retard of a Mayor, Mel Lastman. Seems Mel just couldn't shy away from a photo opportunity, so what does he do? Has his limo drop him off the the Holiday Inn on King Street, where he is photographed smiling and shaking hands with members of the Hells Angels club, in town for a "convention".
Hmmmm, as a newspaper report states, seems Mel had time to welcome this band of pimps, drug pushers, extortionists, and murderers, but couldn't find time to
meet with the Toronto Homeless Commitee, who have begged him for a meeting for the last 8 months.

Step down, Mel, PLEASE!

Airontario

RE: YYZ Boys: Mel Does It Again!

Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:18 am

Yeah any1 is better then him

ywg_jy

Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:36 am

I'm from YYZ (God bless Hogtown!), but in YWG, everyone laughs at that idiot of a mayor, Mel. It certainly doesn't help YYZ's already bad image in the rest of Canada. Go Leafs!

Jeff

Mr Spaceman

Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:44 am

Hi guys.

Yeah, good old MEL. What a jerk off! If his hair was redish-orange in colour he'd look like a short little Orangutan!!

Apparently, according to the news, he walked right by a bunch of Toronto Police Officers who were there to protect the public incase the Hells' Angels started problems, and didn't even look at them. He just wanted a photo with some bad-ass bikers.

A lot of people think Toronto lost it's bid for the summer Olympics because of Mels great comment about how he would never go to (a certain African country-I forget it's name) because he might end up in a pot of boiling water surrounded by bushmen!

Politicians are already asking for his resignation over his Hells' Angels handshake. He's "Pure Entertainment"!!!

Chris  Smile

"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"

vaporlock

Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:51 am

Well....I guess we couldn't have expected any other type of behaviour!

I can't understand why that little "APE" of a man is still allowed to wander the streets of TO. Maybe next time...we can cage him for the weekend!

Oh well...maybe at the end of his term he can get a seat on the committee for the "Metro Toronto Zoo"!

Phyllis

AWspicious

Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:04 am

So he shook hands with some biker dude - Big frickin whoop. What's to get yer draws in a bunch for, anyways. Respect begets respect. What should he have done - Stayed in city hall and bash them like everyone else was? Heck, I say let sleeping dogs lie. Ouebec has tried for years unsuccessfully to rid themselves of the H/A and what's the result? NADA! So, chill. They came in peace, let 'em leave in peace. Don't proport to all this media hype trying to oversensationalize the situation anymore than it has.
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!

Mr Spaceman

Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:43 am

Hi AWspicious.

I'm not saying it's a "big frigging deal" that he shook hands with some guys wearing their colours. I just think he's a little monkey who likes being where the action is, even when his own cities' Police Force, and others have made it very clear that the Hells' Angels are an Organized Crime gang & are not wanted in Toronto or Ontario, based on what happened in Quebec etc...over 100 people dead! Like I said, he's entertaining!

Now our Police Chief wants to get a hold of this little Chimp and shake some reallity into his wirey head! Thanks to Mel, the Angles probably feel they're welcome here in Toronto, and it seems like our Police Force is warning us about them. Who knows more, you & I, or the Police?

Personally I don't give a flying F what the Angels do. If they stay here, GREAT!! Maybe they will scare some of the small time a-hole criminals off our streets!

If Mel did in fact walk past our Police without acknowledging them, to shake hands with some gang members...well, that's just not cool!

Chris  Smile

"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"

vaporlock

Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:50 am

Just a quick thought!!! Just think of how excited "MEL" would have been if one of the "Angels" offered him a ride on a "HOG".

I'm sure if he'd been around when "Every Which Way But Loose" was made, "MEL" would definately been cast for the part of "CLIVE" (the orangutan) on the back of the motorcycle - just think he'd have gotten to ride with Clint Eastwood!

Or better yet......maybe now he can do a new TV commercial riding on the back of a HOG wearing his black and white colours "Bad Boys" shouting "Nooooooo Buddy"!! hehehe

Phyllis  Smile

yyz717

Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:56 am

Well, his wife is a confirmed shoplifter. So he's used to being around criminals.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

AWspicious

Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:12 am

What an amusing post  Laugh out loud
By the way, The Hell's Angels have been to Ontario and back..... years ago. They may be based in Oue., but, their operations have never been exclusive to that province.
The mayor shaking their hand is in no way an illusion to them thinking they can "set up shop" here any more than the police flexing their muscle and flapping their gums going to act as a deterent
I think Fantino likes the media attention for the same reasons Mel does, so hey.....there ya go.

AWspicious

Tue Jan 15, 2002 1:55 pm

BTW... Cdn. Boy; I didn't mean to attack you as it appears. When I used the word you it was in a general context. I was referring to the local media, etc.
Sorry if I offended you.

AW.

watewate

Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:04 pm

Sad thing is, Mel will probably win if he runs again. He should stick to his Bad Boy commercials. Smile NOOOOOO BODY! Big grin

CPDC10-30

Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:10 pm

He is the personnification of what is wrong with Toronto's political scence at local, provincial and federal levels...completely ignorant of ongoing events and no vision for the future. And when anything goes wrong, he is blameless...its all the media's fault. Well Mel, you certainly didn't mind the spotlight earlier in your career, why so shy now?

My father works with the mayor's office on a daily basis. When Barbara Hall was there, she would take time to talk about ongoing relevant issues. Heck, she even sent Christmas cards. With Mel, everything goes through his handlers...which is kind of unfortunate that his #1 handler has almost the same name as my father and people sometimes confuse them.

And if Mel dares to go in the pride parade again this year, I'll be there with my super soaker  Smile