Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tbar220
Topic Author

Anyone Getting The Nasty Weather?

Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:38 am

There's a pretty big storm that is coming through the Plain states and the midwest. I know that Texas got hit pretty hard with heavy thunderstorms that included Hail, Flooding, and numerous tornadoes. Anybody out there get hit by this storm.

I'm in Central Illinois, and its been raining for about 12 hours now, nothing too heavy, but there's a lot of water around. No thunderstorms though, sadly.
NO URLS in signature

tbar220
Topic Author

RE: Anyone Getting The Nasty Weather?

Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:42 am

That's a pretty nasty band of thunderstorms down south. Anybody flying today down there is getting quite an experience. I sure as hell wouldn't want to fly in that weather.
NO URLS in signature

mls515

Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:44 am

It's wet and rainy up in my parts but no thunder or lightning. The local tv station's lightning tracker shows only a few scattered lightning strikes, nothing major.

Late Saturday night we had some thunder and lightning though. I love severe storms and am looking forward to some good severe weather this spring and summer.

LH423

Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:50 am

Apparantly, it's supposed to have largely fizzled out by the time it reaches us here in Boston. The forecast on the radio said today and through early tomorrow could see some showers, but after that it's all uphill, with temps going to near 20°C (70°F) and sunny through at least Wednesday.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:03 am

Here are some photos of what happened in Houston where I live:

Turbolet

Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:13 am

It's pretty windy here in Malta... severe winds on Friday forced the ferries to operate to Sa Maison (1hr 30mins) instead of the rather exposed Cirkewwa (30mins) in the morning, but thank goodness I got back from Cirkewwa normally in the afternoon. Even though from the coast it looks terrible, when you're on the sturdy beauties you can hardly feel any rocking. I got to ride the Ta' Pinu both ways, I was hoping to get on the week-old Malita but I didn't manage. Anyway all the three new ships are excellent performers and impressively comfortable, too. (All at the price of three times the fuel consumption of the vessels they replaced lol)

The winds haven't calmed down completely yet so I hope they do before my next Malta trip on Thursday.
-turbolet

vaporlock

Nasty Weather?

Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:23 am

Well...the weather in Toronto is cold and rainy. I was checking the weather out at Meigs Airport & Midway Airport on their live Cams and it seems that the weather is the same in Chicago.....the "birds" landing and taking off are definately on ILS.

I hope spring starts soon!

Phyllis
 Smile

tbar220
Topic Author

Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:47 am

Its a pretty solid wall of thunderstorms which are passing through Louisiana right now, probably causing a mess down there.
NO URLS in signature

strickerje

Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:57 am

Jackson, MS- Wind, heavy rain, low ceiling, and lightning! It's exciting, really, being the first real thunderstorm of the season for us. We have tall cumulus/cumulonimbus clouds and isolated thunderstorms almost every day in the summer, so this is, in a sense, a sign of the start of spring for us.