737doctor
Topic Author

Your Life In Ten Years

Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:34 am

Where do you see yourself in ten years? Will you be established in your career? Married with kids? Living in a fancy house with a new car? Flying your private plane to faraway places? Plotting an overthrow of the government from your secluded cabin in the woods? Just where do you see yourself in ten years?

Me?

I plan to still be happily married to my beautiful wife. I hope to climb the career ladder at Southwest (maybe get into management). I'd like to live in a new house with a nice yard. Maybe go back to school and get a business or engineering degree. I also would love to get an aviation novel published or restore an old muscle car in my spare time. No more kids though; two are fine.

So just where do you see yourself? Remember, the sky's the limit...

Patrick Bateman is my hero.

Pilothica737

RE: Your Life In Ten Years

Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:38 am

... 10 years from now I envision myself being a 767-400 pilot for Delta. I will not be married quite yet, but I am sure there is a special someone in my life. No kids yet, but perhaps a few more years down the road (Im 16 now, so no kids at 26.. Maybe 28-30.. Or never!  Smile ) I will be living in Powder Springs GA. I am based out of ATL, so I will need to be close to there. That's about it for now...
Jacqueline

Beefmoney

Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:44 am

Well, in 10 years I will be 26. I hope to be a captain for America West Express, or a First Officer at HP or WN when im 26. Lets hope it happens that way!

America West

Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:46 am

---Plotting an overthrow of the government from your secluded cabin in the woods?---

I have a friend who'll probably be doing just that.

I don't know where I'll be 10 years from now. I'm sure I'll still be here in Columbus, Ohio - hopefully doing something that I love to do (or at least making money).

174thfwff

Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:24 am

I plan to live in an a VERY SMALL but very nice apartment or house. I don't want a big yard yet...Living within 45 minutes of a major city. Drive a nice car, but nothing too expensive, like a VW GTI 1.8 turbo. Living with a wife, no kids. Want to travel a lot for pleasure and for business. Want to do something related to business, I.E.-stock broker...I hope my wife works too in a related field that way we can rack up the money. Get home near the same time so we can cook together and watch TV. I would hire a maid for all the chores and if we had a lawn I would get a guy to mow it. I still plan to be a vol. firefighter because it's an amazing experience, and I suggest everyone to try and vol. for your local fire department.
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

Archie Bunker

Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:27 am

...dead

Beefmoney

Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:33 am

Try not to aim so high Mr. Bunker. Big grin

STT757

Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:33 am

Hopefully the next ten years will be better then the last 10 years, is it me or did everything seem better in "the good ol' days".
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

IMissPiedmont

Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:45 am

Well. I suspect I'll also be dead in 10 years. Just can't see much reason not to be. Although I'm in great health, all things considered, too much damage was done 14 years ago. I Intend to bury my dog and die the next day.

Morbid aren't I?
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

SophieMaltese

Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:50 am

Well, finished school we can hope and not living with mom and dad. Aw, what the heck, I'll buy my Porsche Carerra by then and a small airplane. Gotta have goals right? I'll be married if I find Mr. Right. If not, I'll be enjoying my singlehood. No kids. Lotta dogs.

airplanetire

Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:51 am

I will be out of college for a bachelor's degree, but if I decide to get a master's (who knows if I will or not), then I will probably still be in college. I would like to live out of the US in a place like Europe, SE Asia, or Australia, although South America would be good too, but I want to move to one of those places after I'm out of college.

KAUSpilot

Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:54 am

Ideally, I'd like to be working as FO on the 757/767 for either UPS or Delta or Captain for Southwest on the 737's. Realistically, I'll probably still be at a regional, perhaps captain on an EMB120 or SAAB or maybe FO on an RJ. If that doesn't work out I'll still be working as a CFI. Whatever it takes to make it to the top baby!!!! DL 777 captain all the way!

On the personal side I'd like to be living in a one bedroom, but nice, apartment with a beautiful girl who earns more than me, driving a car that gets good gas mileage, and saving all the money I possibly can so I can go on a grand tour of the world before I turn 50!

prosa

Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:02 pm

Ten years from now? Well, I'll be almost 55 then, and probably will be settling into middle age. The kids will be done with college by then, so my wife and I hopefully will have ample opportunities to travel. If I'm still in my present job, I might be into management, but it probably won't matter much if I'm not. Retirement most likely will be another 10 or 15 years off.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

TNboy

Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:18 pm

Hopefully STT757 the good old days are still to come! In ten years, who knows, but I would hope to be still retired, but still attracting nice international consulting offers to consider; still happily married, and with the pets; and still enjoying the company of my good and dear friends. Still enjoying nice wine and beer, and the odd G&T (well, it didn't seem to harm the Queen Mum's longevity). Still philosophising with an ageing Rogue Trader. Still able to enjoy travel, still with all my marbles (upstairs and downstairs) and other necesssities; not reliant on welfare, and still lookin' good!
Cheers
Bill
"...every aircraft is subtly different.."

dash80

Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:50 pm

In 10 years: Already retired for 6 years. Summers in Estes Park, Colorado. Winters on South Padre Island. Travel in between. Home in both locations already purchased.

SESGDL

Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:21 am

In 10 years, I'll be 26, and hopefully I'll be a BIG POPSTAR! If not, I'd like to be flying for Delta, doesn't matter what plane to me.

Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:36 am

I really have no idea what my life will be like in 10 years. To me, life is a chain of decisions: you use the opportunities, circumstances and information available to you to make the best decisions you can at any given time, and you make the best of it wherever you end up as a result of those decisions.

As long as I have family and friends, shelter, food and water and a decent job allowing me to pay the bills and keep busy, I'll be fine.

blink182

Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:35 am

A few possibilities--
a)dead

b)studying in college or business school/law school/art school/architect school or med school.

c)rich(hopefully Smile)

20 years--
-dead(ya never know, car wreck, airplane crash, sickness...)
-married
-have a job that requires me to travel the world and still has great pay(I would fly commercial, not private  Smile)
-living somewhere that I like(unlike my present location)
-rich  Smile

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

N751PR

Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:38 am

Here's my dreams:
1.A F-35 pilot for the USAF who is stationed in Kaneda AFB or Anderson AFB so I could be somewhat near my relatives in the Philippines.

2.A pilot for UA,AA,or Philippine Airlines who lives in a apartment somewhere near LAX.

3.Computer technician and part time tour guide on the HMS Queen Mary in Long Beach who lives in a small rural house near Palmdale, California .

4.A US Army Ranger Lieutenant.(maybe too farfetched? Big grin)
"Ladies and Gentlemen it's happy hour. You will get two approaches for the price of one."

ngr

Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:16 am

Hopefully, I will be married and I will have two children. I hope to be in the upper-middle class ($) with a house and a large yard. I do not want a huge house, but not a small one either, one that gives my family room to spare, but it is still easy-to-keep. I want to be at least a Major in the USAF and fly either tankers or heavy cargo aircraft. If I am in a civilian life, I hope to work for Delta Airlines and be a First officer (or Captain) on any large aircraft (I am not specifying an aircraft because the current aircraft may not be in use...there may be a 797 or something to that effect) I do not want to fly the "city hoppers" but something comparable to a 737 to a 767 or anything in between.

ngr

IHadAPheo

Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:30 am

Let's see 10 years from now what will my life be like hmmm ????

1A) I hope to be still alive my medical condition places me at risk for unforeseen complications which could have severe health implications
IB) In a tie with 1A I hope that my daughter Lizzie will also be in good health she has the same medical condition as I, and she will be 11 in 10 years

2) I also hope to still be a happy item with wifey (and may she also be in good health, it will be 32 years as an item in 10 years.

3) Job wise I hope to either move further up the hospital food chain, or move into emergency room productivity/rebuilding consultation ala freeman-White

4) Still be happy we sold our Adelphia stock while it was still in the high teens $ wise before it crashed to it's present price of $ 0.14/share

Yours
Ihadapheo
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

JBLUA320

Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:17 pm

10 years-

Owner of Airben Airways (A tad egotistical?)
In an alliance/co-managerial with jetBlue

Overall, and most imporant, HAPPY.

JBLUA320
Ben Kaufman

JAL

Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:33 am

I plan to spend the rest of my life with my sweetheart and have a nice family!!
Work Hard But Play Harder

jfwjxn

Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:45 am

English Version:
In 10 years I hope to live in Switzerland ( I now live in the US, but am a Canadian-US Citizen (Dual Citizen)). Or maybe Austria both are very beautiful countries!*

Deutsche Version:
In 10 Jahren I Hoffnung, in der Schweiz (ich lebe die jetzt US, aber in morgens Kanadisch-Wir Bürger (Doppelbürger)) zu wohnen. Oder möglicherweise sind Österreich beide sehr schöne Länder!

*Since my German is good  Smile!

AerLingus

Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:16 pm

This is just one possible scenario. Anything can happen between now and 2012.

Career
I plan on working in journalism, so I'll be a reporter for a local newspaper or television station. I'll probably specialize in political reporting because I plan on majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science.

Living Situation
I'll be living in an average-sized one bedroom aparment (may depend on the city). I'll drive a dark green Volkswagen sedan.

Other than that, it's foolish to speculate.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

We're Nuts

Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:29 pm

Well... you all will probably be referring to me as Supreme Lord We're Nuts.
Dear moderators: No.

fritzi

Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:41 pm

AerLingus

Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:51 am

Thanks to the miracles of modern technology, age progression software has allowed me to show you how I will look in ten years:

I'm the first officer aboard this jet.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!