Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Sabena332
Topic Author

Fanta Ananàs (Pineapple Flavor)

Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:39 am

A few days ago I bought a Fanta Ananàs (pineapple) at a gas station in Duesseldorf/Germany, usually it is not available here but this gas station offers a lot of imported soft drinks, for example also Tango (Great Britain), Orangina (France) or Mountain Dew (USA).

Now my question: Does anyone know where this Fanta is from? There are a few words in Spanish printed on the can but I know that Fanta with pineapple flavor is not available in Spain, maybe it is from South America?

Patrick

Btw: The taste is really great, I can recommend it to everyone.
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

pacificjourney

RE: Fanta Ananàs (Pineapple Flavor)

Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:54 am

I believe it comes from Russia, Ukraine or Poland. It is good stuff and they also have Fanta Exotica which is passionfruit.
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "

Hurricane

Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:08 am

All we have here in the US is Orange, Grape, and Strawberry, though I believe I have seen a pineapple here or there also. Fanta is making a comeback here, I guess. I can't get enough of Fanta Orange, but Strawberry is like drinking syrup! Too sweet!
 Big thumbs up

NZ767

Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:13 am

Geez, you guys are behind the times. Big grin
Available here in NZ, Fanta: Orange (Original), Raspberry, Pineapple, Grape.
Personally, I prefer the Orange; bit of a traditionalist I suppose although the other flavours are much nicer in other brands.  Smile

VirginLover

Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:32 am

I love Fante Ananas! I saved the can when I drank it in Portugal. It wasn't in Spain, and it made about a 2 week appearance here in the States. But it's delicious! I also love Orangina Rouge...but we barely get regular Orangina here...  Sad

Continental

Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:48 am

I go to Europe a lot, and I'm surprised they don't have Mountain Dew yet! Mountain Dew is grrreat!

Continental

aa61hvy

Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:19 pm

we have that here, the place i have seen that is at a mexican resturant (Taco Cabana. Mick!!!! Big thumbs up) i always thought i was just a generic run of the mill cheap soda.
Go big or go home

airsicknessbag

Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:39 am

If it´s "Ananàs" as opposed to "Ananás" it can´t be Spanish because ALL Spanish accents are the other way. The only romanic languages having that sort of accent are Italian and Portuguese; and in the latter, ananas is "ananás" - so it must be Italian

Daniel Smile

P.S: Do they have Dr. Pepper too? Now that´s disgusting...

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:58 am

Thanks for your replies, guys!

I guess that it is from Portugal, it took a closer look on the can and saw that it is "Ananás" and not "Ananàs". The language on the can looks like it is Spanish but I believe that it is Portuguese (similar to the Spanish language). The forum member VirginLover wrote also in his reply above that he drunk it in Portugal, so I am 100% sure that it is from there.

By the way: Here in Germany we have the following Fanta tastes: Orange, Orange Light, Fresh Lemon, Wild Berries, Limette, Mandarine, Exotic, Mango, and the Halloween special taste this year is: Blood Orange. In former times we had also Pink Grapefruit.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:23 am

Daniel,

of course do they have Dr. Pepper too but it is also available in every supermarket here, I like it more than Coke or Pepsi.

Patrick

ammunition

Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:40 am

as far as i know 'ananas' is a hindi word, which comes from india! ananas means pineapple, but i could be wrong!
isnt fanta part of the 'coca cola' company?
anyway...... sounds yummy- i must fly out to portugal and try it  Smile
Saint Augustine- 'The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only 1 page'

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:50 am

isnt fanta part of the 'coca cola' company?

Fanta is a part of the Coca Cola Company, the brand was founded at the end of World War II here in Germany. The Coke Company has created a very bad tasting soft drink that contained juice from old apples and other old fruits, you needed a lot of fantasy before you said: "This is a good tasting drink" and so was the name Fanta born. I saw that in a very interesting report about "Coca Cola in Germany" a couple of month ago.

Patrick

VirginLover

Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:05 am

>The forum member VirginLover wrote also in his reply above that he drunk it in Portugal, so I am 100% sure that it is from there.

Forgot to add the "s"...I'm a she  Smile No worries, I'm one of very few on this board who's female!  Smile

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:54 am

Forgot to add the "s"...I'm a she

Sorry about that, Catie! I recognized it after I looked in your profile a few seconds ago Big grin.

Patrick

Staggerwing

RE: Fanta Anan?s (Pineapple Flavor)

Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:16 am

Yes, Fanta is indeed a brand owned by Coke-Cola. It was the original fruit flavored brand name that Coke sold Orange, Strawberry, Grape, Wild Cherry, Pineapple, and Fruit Punch under. They retired the name in the late 80's after purchasing Minute Maid juice company and decided to market flavored sodas under that name. It was reintroduced here in the U.S. this year because the fruit flavored category is where the growth in the soft drink market is.

tbar220

Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:20 am

Ananas is also Pineapple in Hebrew oddly enough. A very cool connection in the languages.
NO URLS in signature

avion

Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:37 am

Hey Sabena332 so they sell Dr Pepper in Dusseldorf? If yes i am gonna have do drop by pretty soon.

Tom

Marcus

Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:11 am

OK.....go and get another can and post the writing here, then I will be able to help you and see if it's either Spanish or Portuguese....if it has the letter Ç then it's not Spanish....it can be French or Portuguese (don't know if Catalan and Italian use it).

For Fanta flavors here we only had orange.....but recently you can find grape, strawberry, pineapple and apple (I think)

As for Mountain Dew I think is the most underrated soft drink arround, it is very good yet not a lot of people know it (I guess only us fans), but I think that new red version is too sweet......as for Orangina you can only get that in the US and in some "import" supermarkets and even there it's only the original kind and not the red one, this reminds me of something, while in Tahiti I tried Orangina but lemon flavored (silver and green can and the liquid was light green)......anyone else know what I'm talking about?
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

lubcha132

Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:13 am

american fanta sucks the big one. European fanta is great, as is Lilt (i think its the same company).

Sabena332
Topic Author

Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:22 am

@Avion: Of course is Dr. Pepper available in Düsseldorf as well as in every German supermarket.

@Marcus: You are correct, Mountain Dew is underrated. It is my favorite soft drink when I am in the USA followed by A & W`s Root Beer.

@Lubcha132: I have never drunk Fanta in the USA, so I do not know if there is a big difference but Fanta strawberry sounds very good.

Patrick

avion

Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:09 am

What kinds of supermarket chains are there in Germany? Lidl and Aldi do not sell Dr pepper.

Tom

Sabena332
Topic Author

Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:20 am

You are correct, the discounters do not sell Dr. Pepper but I saw it in many Kaiser`s or Rewe supermarkets as well as on every gas station around my hometown.

Patrick

godbless

Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:53 pm

Sabena332,

Could you bring me a few cans of Montain Dew when we meet next time?
Do they also have Canada Dry Ginger Ale?
I love those American softdrinks!

C ya,
Max

Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:26 pm

You like Dr. Pepper ? Whaaaaaa, found it horrible  Big thumbs up
Then again, I also found the new Vanilla Coke to be rather disgusting.

avion

Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:50 am

I am gonna come to CGN as soon as Germanwings starts. I am kinda addicted to Dr Pepper.

Tom

lima

Sun Sep 15, 2002 3:00 am

In the Netherlands now you can find Fanta Exotic, is a mix of tropical fruits. Last year they introduced Fanta Pomelo (grapefruit).

TurbineBeaver

Sun Sep 15, 2002 3:01 am

Do the dew.

gotAirbus

Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:34 pm

Is this the one you all are talking about?

because I heard it's in the US now...

P.S.: Dr Pepper tastes like coke tainted with cherry flavored cough medicine!!

(gotAirbus)-(got commonality?)-(Have A Nice Flight!)
(gotAIRBUS?) - (Got Commonality?) - (Have A Nice Flight!)