Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Sabena332
Topic Author

My New Favorite Soft Drink: Orangina Rouge

Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:35 pm

Yesterday I was on a spotter meeting at Brussels and on my way back to Germany I bought three bottles of Orangina rouge, all three bottles are almost empty now because it taste really great. Orangina rouge is a sparkling blood orange juice drink with guarana. I like also the bottle design which reminds me of an orange. For more information look at: http://www.orangina.com.

Are there some more Orangina fans here on a.net?

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

VirginLover

RE: My New Favorite Soft Drink: Orangina Rouge

Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:49 pm

I *love* Orangina Rouge... it's my drink of choice when I'm in Europe. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to find regular Orangina here...let alone Orangina Rouge!

Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:05 am

Hey, that pop looks good! Is it anything like Fanta? Also, too bad they don't have imaginative pop bottles here like yall do!

chadshill

Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:12 am

In total agreement here.. I first got hooked while visiting Futuroscope in France and it`s been my `soft drink of choice` ever since.

They did start to sell it here in the UK a few months back, in Sainsburys, but it seems to have disappeared from the shelves.

Cheers

Shawn Patrick

Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:51 am

Hey Patrick, send me some! I'm stuck in the middle of the USA and it takes a long time for anything to get out here, especially foreign things.

CcrlR

Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:52 am

I tried it when I was in France and I liked it! I thought it tasted like soda but it was better than the frozen orange juice that you have to add water to make it.
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:10 am

Thanks for you replies, guys! Seems that there are a lot of Orangina rouge fans out there.

@CO 757 200: It tastes more fruity than Fanta because it contains also orange pulp.

@Shawn Patrick: I would like to send you some bottles but unfortunately is Orangina rouge not available here in Germany, only in France, Belgium and Luxemburg I believe (please correct me if I am wrong).

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

AOMlover

Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:40 am

Orangina is available in France for many years, because it's a French soft drink.
Orangina is very famous in France. Until now, this soft drink was not sold abroad because Orangina was owned by the French group Pernot Ricard.
Coca Cola already tried (but didn't manage) to buy Orangina. Finally, Pernot Ricard sold Orangina to Cadburry, last year I believe...
"Il faut bien secouer Orangina sinon la pulpe elle reste en bas".

AOMlover

Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:51 am

According to Orangina's website:
In 1985, Orangina was launched in the US, in the UK and Singapore in 1986, in Malaysia in 1987, in Belgium, Luxembourg and Hong Kong in 1988, in Indonesia in 1989, in Italia in 1991, in Germany in 1992, in Viet nam and Thailand in 1993, in Portugal in 1994, in Danemark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Japan and Croatia in 1995.

LOT767-300ER

Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:13 am

You can find Orangina at alot of the grocery stores in Chicago.

The other day I saw it in Jewel and Dominicks.

Hell ive seen Orangina at Wal-Mart one time

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:38 am

AOMlover is correct, the regular Orangina is available in selected German supermarkets for example in the airport supermarket at FRA but I never saw Orangina rouge here.

Patrick

By the way: Interesting that the Coca-Cola Company tried to buy Orangina.

747-451

Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:11 pm

Orangina Rouge sounds intersting. Orangina is real fine and a favorite of mine.

Actually Orangina is the first "kewl" soda. Others may copy the idea but really suck.

Pepsi-Blue=TidyBowl with fiz (those effervesent bubbles would be good to clean a filty dirty sloppy toilet). Now we know what their doing with all the hazardous waste they dont know what to do with.

Vanilla Coke-they should give insulin syringes with it so you dont go into a diabetic coma after drinking it. You also need a degree in organic chemistry to decifer the ingredients. Also suitible for cleaning the loo. Maybe if they would finally come out with the diet version it would be okay.

je89_w

Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:57 pm

Since it's recommend, I would love to try it! Unfortunately I live in Honolulu.

Je89

Goodbye

Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:00 pm

Orangina is my alltime favourite drink, I used to have it everyday when I lived in Paris and Spain, and I couldn't get enough of it. I have an Orangina car (made out of Orangina cans, made in Madagascar), an Orangina Metal postcard, bottles, caps, and an orangina coin, and also Orangina glasses that I "borrowed" from various cafés in paris.

Unfortunately in Australia, we don't get it...but if someone will send me a case of it, you are quite welcome!!
✈︎

9V-SVA

Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:52 pm

I like Orangina a lot. Jerrold when you next come to Singapore be sure to stock up on lots of Orangina! Buy a carton of Orangina or something and ship it home.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

sebolino

Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:15 pm

In my opinion, Orangina is much better than Red Orangina which is too much acid.
For those who don't know it, no it's not like Fanta. It's really better.

airsicknessbag

Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:59 pm

Oy vey, Patrick, your taste in drinks really starts getting me worried. First Dr. Pepper, now red Orangina - what´s next??? Crab Juice with Klav Kalash?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Wink/being sarcastic  Laugh out loud Big grin  Big grin

Daniel Smile

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:05 pm

what´s next??? Crab Juice with Klav Kalash?

Yes, when I spend my next holiday in New York I will watch out for a Russian guy who sells drinks and food on the street. Big grin Big grin

Patrick

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:10 pm

By the way Daniel, I did not know that courtrooms are equipped with internet terminals nowadays. Big grin

Patrick

airsicknessbag

Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:11 pm

His twin brother works in Springfield´s Russian quarter - might make a nice holiday too.
Daniel Smile

airsicknessbag

Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:15 pm

One of the great advantages of being employed in the public service is - a lunch break.

Daniel Smile

Ndebele

Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:15 pm

I really like Orangina, so why not Orangina Rouge. Never had the chance to taste it, but if there is another BRU spotters meeting and I have time, I'll be there, leave my Pepsi bottle at home and try Orangina Rouge.

Attention, NYC Crab Juice with Klav Kalash fans! Today it will be even more difficult to find a toilet in NYC  Sad

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:30 pm

One of the great advantages of being employed in the public service is - a lunch break.

What a scandal, you are surfing on a.net during your lunch break and the taxpayers have to pay the online bill. I can imagine that "Der Bund der Steuerzahler" is very interested in this case. Big grin

The same question for Ndebele, I did also not know that Check In counters are equipped with an internet access. Big grin

Patrick

godbless

Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:41 pm

When I was in Brasil last October they had a drink called Guarana. Is that maybe the same thing? If so then I have to say that it wasn't really what I cared for but you could drink it  Wink/being sarcastic

You wouldn't imagine who all has access to the internet... You all probably saw this thread in the civil aviation forum...
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Joe Pries

Max

Daniel and Patrick: How about another meeting or a flight together?

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:33 pm

Wow, this pic is really cool, I see it for the first time.

Daniel and Patrick: How about another meeting or a flight together?

Very good idea Max. I am thinking about the BRU-MAN flight with SQ or the CDG-AMS flight with RG. If you like you can join us on our meeting on October, 20 at DUS, there we can talk about it. Also Daniel, it would be nice to meet you also at DUS.

Patrick

godbless

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:39 pm

Patrick,
Did you get my mail I sent you the other day? I will try to be able to be in DUS on the 20th. It shouldn't be a problem.
Well you know how I love to fly so plan me in  Big thumbs up
I thought about Ryanair LTN-DUB as they still use the 732 on that route and I'm still missing that birdy and soon it will be gone for good...

Ndebele,
Thank you for your mail! I'll meet you there then  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Max

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:45 pm

No Max, unfortunately I did not get your eMail. The Ryanair flight is indeed a good idea because the 732 is also missing in my "collection". Cool that you will be also at DUS, there we can talk about our next flight.

By the way, here is a picture of the Kalav Kalash guy:

Patrick

Ndebele

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:19 pm

OMG, Patrick where did you find this picture, ha-ha  Big thumbs up

I'm just curious, how do you guys plan to get to LTN or CDG? If you want to fly with a 732, here's another possibility: Try Ryanair HHN-STN-HHN. There's one flight which is not operated by a HHN-based aircraft, I think this one is still a 732. But I'm not sure, a question in the general_aviation forum might help. And even if not, try HHN-BOH (which is a 738) and then BOH-DUB (which is a 732). Or HHN-STN (738 or 732) and then STN-DUB (732) or STN-SNN (732). I know HHN is in the middle of nowhere, but it's better than driving to CDG, and cheaper than an AF flight to CDG.

Just for the record, no we still don't have internet access at the check-in, today's my day off.

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:28 pm

Just for the record, no we still don't have internet access at the check-in, today's my day off.

Aha, I thought you guys were surfing on a.net the whole day instead of working. Big grin

I will not fly from HHN because I do not want to drive 3,5 hours to the middle of nowhere. Maybe we can fly with Buzz (what is their 2 letter code? UK?) from DUS or FRA to STN and from there we can continue with FR to DUB. I am very interested to visit Ireland because I have never been there. Good idea Max!

Patrick

godbless

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:28 pm

Ndebele,
That is the whole fun of it  Big thumbs up we can take Germanwings to either London or Paris for 61€ return.

I think the "non-HHN" 737 is no 732 as I heard that they only operate the -800 there now.

But hey! Why don't you join in???  Big thumbs up

Max

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:35 pm

Yes, join us on that trip Alex, we should also ask some other a.net members, for example Bjoern, Konstantin or Mario.

Patrick

Interesting, I started a topic about Orangina rouge and now we discuss about our next trip, cool. Big grin

Ndebele

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:52 pm

Great, a.net spotter meetings are always fun, so why not having an a.net spotter trip? I'm sure that will be fun! If only I lived closer to DUS, a rail journey from STR to DUS takes long and is expensive, flying LH is probably even more expensive. FRA is closer, and I'm sure that Björn and Konstantin also prefer to fly Buzz FRA-STN. So we could all meet at STN and then connect to Ireland together. Great! (But don't forget warm clothes. Ireland in autumn/winter...)

Btw, what's that 727 on the spycam in my profile? I have never seen this aircraft yet!

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:59 pm

OK guys, lets make an a.net spotter trip! Good idea Alex, we can meet at STN and from there we can continue our trip to Ireland together. Yes, after I read your trip report I know that it can be very cold in Ireland during winter or autumn.

I just saw the 727 in you profile but I have no idea what airline it is, maybe a cargo company?

Patrick

Btw: I found the picture of the Kalav Kalash guy via yahoo.com, I simply typen Kalav Kalash into the search engine.

godbless

Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:17 am

Ndebele,

I might fly CGN-STR later this year and I checked the Lufthansa website and there they offer a roundtrip for 87,36€ (wow, even cheaper than their 88€ special Big grin) operated by a Fokker 50 (what airline is that then?).
The deal was the same to DUS (EW BAe 146).

Maybe we should just set a date and then do the other preparations accorind to that date...
And maybe... but only maybe we should leave the non-aviation forum as this has nothing to do with the original topic  Big thumbs up

Max

Sabena332
Topic Author

Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:24 am

And maybe... but only maybe we should leave the non-aviation forum as this has nothing to do with the original topic

OK, good idea! Who wants to start a new topic in the civil aviation forum?

Patrick

godbless

Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:32 am

I'll do it.

Max
(filler Smile/happy/getting dizzy)

je89_w

Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:18 pm

I like Orangina a lot. Jerrold when you next come to Singapore be sure to stock up on lots of Orangina! Buy a carton of Orangina or something and ship it home.

They sell that drink in Singapore? Thanks 9V-SVA!

Jerrold

gotAirbus

Sat Oct 12, 2002 5:22 am

AOMlover

According to Orangina's website:
In 1985, Orangina was launched in the US, in the UK and Singapore in 1986,

This is why I'm liking that drink that I drank 7 years ago and never got to taste it again!!!!

(gotAirbus?)-(Got Commonality?)-(Have A Nice Flight!)
(gotAIRBUS?) - (Got Commonality?) - (Have A Nice Flight!)

Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:01 am

Whereabouts in the US is Orangina at? I've never seen that pop anywhere!

American_4275

Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:19 pm

"Whereabouts in the US is Orangina at? I've never seen that pop anywhere!"

If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, they sell it there.

godbless

Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:40 pm

Patrick,

Let's see what drink you will find in England, Scotland or Ireland  Big thumbs up
I know I will get myself some Canada Dry Ginger Ale but mainly for the name and bottle  Wink/being sarcastic

Max