Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VirginLover
Topic Author

The College Wait Is Over!

Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:31 am

Hey everyone,

I know, I haven't posted much in awhile...I didn't come even in to say it was my birthday a couple weeks ago, that's because I've been swamped with college applications, college visits and the what not. But after only 2 weeks after my whole application was sent in, Penn State responded back with a yes! I almost made the mailman deaf because I screamed so loud after I saw the big "Congratulations!" on the front. Big grin PSU was my top choice school, and I didn't think I was going to get into the University Park campus.  Smile Hehe, sorry for bragging, but I'm just so excited!!

Marco

RE: The College Wait Is Over!

Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:37 am

CONGRATS Virginlover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's time to party!!!!!!!!

Seriously though I know how you feel. I'm a freshman at McGill University (my top choice) and I love the university life and the PARTIES/CLUBS! I also felt the same way when I got a scholarship offer from Boston University but I still chose to attend McGill!

University is awesome, you have a lot to look forward to!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

VirginLover
Topic Author

Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:43 am

Thanks Marco  Smile I can't wait until college, I went to a summer program @ Cornell this summer for 3 weeks, and even with all of their strict rules, it still gave me such freedom that I loved. As soon as I left, I wanted more!  Smile

Marco

Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:48 am

I know VirginLover college is all about FREEDOM. For example I went to class 30 minutes late today and no one punished me for it. In high school that would have gotten me a detention. Here things don't work that way. You're treated as an adult. And of course in Quebec the legal drinking/clubbing age is 18, so we McGillers are always partying... Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Enjoy your final year in HS!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Superfly

Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:04 am

Congratulations Virginlover!  Smokin cool  Big thumbs up  Laugh out loud

I know the feeling getting that acceptance letter. Do you know what your going to major in? Do you know what you want to be when you grow up? Big grin

You're a big girl now.  Big grin
Stay out of trouble.  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

VirginLover
Topic Author

Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:20 am

Thanks Superfly  Smile I know I can always count on your for support. I want to major in marketing and German, but Penn State accepted me into the Liberal Arts college instead of the business school because I put German as my top choice for a major (My German teacher said that was the best option to show you're interested in majoring in a language) But I just might stay in the German major and do a B.S. in German Business, which they offer.  Smile

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:00 am

CONGRATULATIONS

Getting into a top choice college is one of the most satisfying things an American student can do. Its an absolutely terrific fealing. I will never forget the recepit of my admission letter.

TNNH

goboeing

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:05 am

I know a lot of people going to Penn State from my high school class, probably more than 30. All the ones I've talked to said they like it a lot so far. Have fun!

Nick

USAFHummer

Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:32 pm

Congrats on getting into PSU! The main campus is really nice...a bunch of my friends got accepted into there as well....living in PA, a majority of seniors in my school apply there...Im not though...but congrats anyway, thats really great news!  Smile

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

pgh234

Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:44 pm

Congrats on the acceptance. One of my best friends recieved his acceptance letter last week for PSU main's business school too. However, A bunch of friends and me are still waiting to hear from the school of engineering. *tick-tock-tick-tock*

pgh234

VirginLover
Topic Author

Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:17 am

Hehehehe Big grin I just got into the University of Pittsburgh in their business school, which accepts 250 freshmen a year... Decisions, Decisions! I've been on cloud 9 for the past 3 days! Big grin

heavymetal

Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:38 am

I wish you, your career in State College and your Nitanny Lions well.

Except of course when they play Meeeee-chigan. Then may your day be miserable.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Good Luck!

trickijedi

Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:22 am

Well congratulations!

Now begins the first day of the rest of your life. Big grin

Just out of curiosity, what other schools did you apply to (other than Pitt)?
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

VirginLover
Topic Author

Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:10 pm

Just Indiana University, which I'm waiting to hear from...but I might apply to Boston University (Going to see it) and just for fun, Brown or Yale, just to apply, I'm going to see all of them next weekend on a road trip, I doubt I'll apply to any more, but who knows.  Smile

Marco

Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:16 pm

VirginLover one of the reasons as to why I didn't go to BU was because it's overpriced, and its rep is not that good. Classes are huge, and there's no REAL campus. I wouldn't waste my time with BU. Try BC instead!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

trickijedi

Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:59 pm

Aren't those college applications getting a little expensive?

Sounds like that's a lot of money you're dropping just to fill out the paperwork. Personally, I think they should refund you your money back in the event of a rejection. But hey, that's just a college graduate's opinion.  Smile
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

chepos

Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:41 am

Congratulations- Im so happy for you- I know how stresful it can be to wait for those college responses, but congratualtions and I wish you the best of luck at Penn State and enjoy your college days.
But remember to enjoy what little time you have left in high school because you'll want you High School days back when You are in college.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

BWIrwy4

Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:38 am

Congratulations VirginLover! I wasn't lucky enough to get a letter from my top school. I got a phone call instead. (Yep, that's right. The dreaded purgatory known as the waitlist) I know about the shout for joy. I got the call in my guidance counselor's office, and there was an AP test going on upstairs, and it was one of my teachers proctoring the thing. He wasn't very happy with me. It must be nice knowing that it's over already. Now you get to enjoy the rest of senior year, rather than stressing out over it.  Smile

Have fun at Penn State. College is a completely different life.

Michael

Mexicana757

Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:56 am

Congrats Virginlover!! You will enjoy college life. I myself am on my way out of college life and about to face the real world, which i dont want to do. Six more months and i am outie. Hmmm maybe i'll flunk one of my core classes on purpose to stay an extra semester. Big grin  Smile/happy/getting dizzy