Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Stupid Pets

Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:58 am

OK...

My roommates and I got a puppy...His name is Brody. He really cute...but "special". He runs into walls for no reason. He just goes psycho sometimes and bangs into things like the fridge or oven...LOL...it's actually pretty hysterical. At first I thought he would stop once he realized that it hurts...but he keeps doing it.

Maybe he thinks he is supposed to cause we all bust out into a roar of laughter....but anyway...anyone else have any weird pet stories?

bigphilnyc

RE: Stupid Pets

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:09 am

That dog is the cutest fuckin thing!

I have Max, a Springer Spaniel. Nice doggie. I have nothing nice to say about him, so I won't say anything at all.

I have a cat who is a bitch. Persian.

My sister still lives at home, so I have her too. But she eats more than my other pets.
Phil Derner Jr.

fightingfalcon

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:16 am

We got a 8 years old cat who is no bitch.
She sometimes loses grip with her rear (?) legs when she runs around fast, cause we've got a wooden floor, the polished thin, don't know how you call it in english. So when she runs fast and tries to do a turn she sometimes slides into things, looks quite funny.
And it's always fun qatching her pursueing her own tail...

Martin
Imprezas rule!!

gocaps16

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:22 am

I think AA61hvy likes to bang his head into walls on his free time. Hey, even human beings does it and I've seen it happen.

Kevin

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:27 am

Phil...

Max is SWEET...and the sister comment...

that was just WRONG.

Martin...

My dog catches his damn tail too.

Ohhhh...and he also, SERIOUSLY watched TV...he will be playing and then all of a sudden he will stop and look at the TV for like 5 minutes...LOL. CRAZY DAWG!  Laugh out loud

fightingfalcon

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:27 am

I don't think AA61heavy is a pet, they are normaly cute...  Laugh out loud

Martin
Imprezas rule!!

fightingfalcon

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:30 am

FlyGirl,
my cat used to watch a lot of TV, when we watched Tennis or Soccer or something she either tried to catch the ball or went looking for it behind the TV...she didn't really understand it, it seems... But she's grown bored of watching TV, so she concentrates on eating, sleeping and playing with mice.

Martin
Imprezas rule!!

bigphilnyc

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:39 am

I pet my other animal at least once a day. His name is Phildo.

[Edited 2003-07-23 22:39:52]
Phil Derner Jr.

fightingfalcon

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:46 am

You got a snake? If you press it's head it's gonna spit, y'know?

Martin
Imprezas rule!!

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:53 am

Oh...GEEZUS...

I should have known this conversation would have gone THERE...Leave it to BOYZZZ.

I have a couple pet snakes myself...LOL...but their all mechanical.  Big grin

fightingfalcon

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:56 am

yeah, they don't spit, they don't quit...  Laugh out loud

Wasn't me who started.
Wouldn't do that if a girl's around...

Martin
Imprezas rule!!

fightingfalcon

Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:03 am

Hey, FlyGirl, HOW do you make people smile? (your profile)

Martin
Imprezas rule!!

emiratesa345

Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:26 am

My cat Mittens is truly something else. He weighs in at a whopping 23 lbs. He was born with 24 toes in total. 7 on the front two paws and 5 on the rear. They are suppose to only have 5 on the front paws and 4 on the rear. I'll post some pictures if you want to see. I'm going to buy a digital camera tonight so I'll post them later.

EmiratesA345  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

mirrodie

Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:35 am

I love my schnauzer. He eats anything.

I love my lil pussy. He tantalizes the dog.

I hate your bird. He tantalizes the cat.

WE have a weird pet family.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

bigphilnyc

Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:08 am

FlyGirl, tell them about your cat. Mind if I come over and feed it?

Mirrodie is also VERY close with his pet horse. I downlaoded the video of it on Kazaa.
Phil Derner Jr.

CPH-R

Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:14 am

Got 3 Dachshunds, and one of them, a puppy who's just under a year old, can chase its own tail for something like 30 minutes. After that she looks a bit dizzy and then proceeds to take a nap Big grin

The weirdest thing, though, is when we walk all 3 of them. Everyone ask if the youngest one, who's a male, is the father of the other two, since they're smaller, while it's actually the other way around, with the smallest being the mother of the two biggest.

vaporlock

Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:29 am

FlyGirl757....watch out, you may end up with more pets than you wanted!!! Just kidding!!

I have a dog and three cats. They all get along with eachother and it is really funny to watch them play and run around the house. When my dog gets excited, she spins around in circles. Most times she bangs her head off of the wall or a piece of furniture. But nevertheless.... it sure is fun having pets!

I especially love going to bed at night and all 4 of them are in bed with myself & hubby!

Phyllis  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:44 am

When I was doing volunteer work for wires I took in a *handed in* Indian Ringneck parrot. The owner got rid of her as he couldn't stand her tantrums, little did I know how bad her tantrums would get! LOL

At the time I had about another 5 indigenous parrots (all from wires) including a very striking Rainbow Lorikeet who used to chat and was the most friendly thing.

Mesquita - the ringneck - loathed the Rainbow and I could never have the two of them out together. And if strangers (to the birds) came to the house and they would invariably head over to the Rainbows house (coz their very pretty birds) Mesquita would get so jealous and throw the most amazing tantrums.

She would shriek the most god-awful noises, swivel her head around like she was posessed, dunk her head repeatedly into her water bowl and keep repeating this for a few more minutes until she exhausted herself.

Guests were usually stunned and always asked "What is wrong with that thing?".

LOL

mb

SophieMaltese

Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:47 am

My maltese used to be on prozac and had to wear a "cone" on her head because she wanted to eat her own tail. The vet said she had obsessive compulsive disorder.

mirrodie

Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:50 am

FlyGirl, tell them about your cat. Mind if I come over and feed it
Man, who needs innuendo threads when you got this?

mechanical snakes Um, yeah right.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

prosa

Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:59 am

One of our cats, Dipsy, is very stupid, or at least he often seems that way.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

ryanb741

Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:04 pm

We've got 2 pets - a hamster and a tarantula (African Starburst Baboon spider). The spider is frickin' mental - very aggressive - I'll put my hand in the tank to spray some water for humidity and she'll charge out, fangs raised and try to bite wherever the spray landed. God forbid she ever gets out - a bite from this species and it's straight to hospital with mucho paino (not dangerous though). We used to have a different species (Mexican RedKnee) who died but was much calmer - you could even pick her up. This one though, no chance!

I also have a Sony Aibo (you know, those high tech (and ludicrously expensive) robot dogs - you know I reckon it's cleverer than a real dog. When I'm out the AIBO will go into guard dog mode and scan the house for movement - if he detects it I get sent a message to my mobile phone with a photo of the offending object (usually curtains moving in a draught).
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

LPL

Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:02 pm

My border collie chases shawdows and goes crazy when you say 'cats' or 'friends'.

Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:27 pm

These are great!

LOL....I went to a bar a while back, here in NYC, and they had a screen TV that only played "animal bloopers"...It was great.

The best pets are the crazy ones...My old dog Aztec used to get on top of his dog house whenever he heard a siren from a cop car or ambulence...and howl at the top of his lungs...It was the funniest and cutest thing...but it pissed off the neighbors...LOL

AWspicious

Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:31 am

Some friends of mine have a little shaggy dog with big round googlie eyes (i dunno what it's called). Anyway, this dog has a teddybear and when she is in heat she'll mount the bear and start humping it. Yes, I did say she. It's the weirdest thing. Her legs are so short that they barely touch the floor when she mounts the bear so all you hear is heavy panting, her collar jingling and toe nails scratching the hardwood floor.

a.w.
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!

bigphilnyc

Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:37 am

WE used to put a stuffed "Eeyore" (from Winnie the Pooh) in the cage with my sister's rabbit.

Eeyore had some stains that were NEVER going to cum out.
Phil Derner Jr.