Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

vaporlock
Topic Author

Chum Charts!

Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:47 am

Did anyone out there save old Chum Charts.........

These were published by CHUM AM radio in Toronto, Ontario. They began in the 60's!

They published 1 chart of the Top Songs every week. You could check out a Chum Chart and then go and buy a 45 single recording of your favorite songs. I have always loved music and especially the old stuff. My older sister and I have saved them from the past. Some of the oldest ones I have go back to 1963.

It would be interesting if anyone else out there have any???

Phyllis  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

RE: Chum Charts!

Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:14 am

Man, this takes me back. Yes, I recall the CHUM and the CFTR top 40 charts, and I too would scan them then head down to Sam The Record Man to purchase my 45's. LOL, I also recall how the flipside of the main song sucked 9 out of 10 times.

I think it's cool you've saved them; they're truly a valuable momento from
a time capsule. Hang on to them, as I'm sure their worth will increase over time.

My oldest brother was/is a huge music fan and record collector, and today he has, I believe, well over 1,500 LP's and 45's in his collection. His stash is amazing, and NO-ONE can even so much as touch them. He had them insured about 4 years ago.

Hmmm, I'm just thinking, I remember "borrowing" my brothers '45 of
"Seasons In The Sun", by Terry Jacks, and I clearly recall the flipside song being called "Put The Bone In"! LOL. Seriously, the opening lyrics went like:

"Put the bone in, she asked him, at the store,
Cuz my doggie's just been hit, by a caaarrrrr!".

Funny what the mind retains.......

vaporlock
Topic Author

RE: Chum Charts!

Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:42 am

Wow....someone out there really knows about old "CHUM" Charts.

Yes, my older sister would buy 45's and make sure she got every #1 hit. It makes me laugh now.....because its' so true what you said about the "Flip Side" sucking big time.

I have an amazing collection of Albums & at least 300 old 45's........Beatles, Ginno Vanelli, Stones, Herman Hermits, The Buckinghams, Chairman of the Board, The Beach Boys, Jay & The Americans, The Doors, Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Sly & The Family Stones, CCR, The Who, The Yardbirds, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Led Zeplin, Jefferson Airplane, Country Joe & The Fish, The Moody Blues, Earth, Wind & Fire, Blood Sweat & Tears, James Taylor, The Supremes, The Four Tops, The Everly Bros, The Temptations, The Jackson Five.......etc. etc. etc. Big thumbs up

I love just kicking back and listening to old tunes!

Phyllis  Smile/happy/getting dizzy