Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dasa

RE: Gay 'Rights' Passed By The Whore Gov In CA

Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:17 pm

What 2 people do in the privacy of their own bedroom is no business of mine." Right?

What 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom is no business of yours. Therefore, you placing pedophilia on par with homosexuality is quite ignorant. Pedophilia is not between 2 consenting adults, homosexual sex (and for that matter, heterosexual sex) is. However much you don't want to believe it MD-90, homosexuality is just as normal as heterosexuality, and those of homosexual persuasion should be afforded the same rights as those who are not, including full marriage rights.

seb146

Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:36 pm

I, as a gay man, do not have the same rights as a hetero in that I am not allowed to marry the one I choose as a life partner. For me, that is the only thing I am looking for in 'gay rights' issues.

GO CANUCKS!!

Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:43 pm

MD90 says:

"""So now gay sex is de facto legal. What's next? NAMBLA has always wanted for pedophilia to not be a crime. I guess the campaign for that will be stepped up soon."""

And this corker:

""" So now gay sex is de facto legal. What's next? People stereotype us ignorant rednecks of having sex with our cousins. Why shouldn't incest be legal? "What 2 people do in the privacy of their own bedroom is no business of mine." Right?"""

Then we have Sleekjet chiming in with this old chesnut:

"""How come you can't get homos to discuss how they're perpetuating the AIDS epidemic? Doesn't the rampant "passing on" of this killer refute the tired argument of "whatever is done behind closed doors is nobody's business"?"""

I am surprised that this has not been deleted by the mods as yet, but then again are there rules for some and rules for others?

American white trash give their worldly opinions to the masses?

Sleekjet and MD90 not only go out of their way to insult people with blatant flame bait but also mange to insult the rest of us with their bigoted and ridiculous opinions. You two make yourselves look ridiculous. Luckily I know that your opinions are in the minority of level headed thinkers that are on here.

What has NAMBLA or AIDS got to do with gay marriage?

Absolutely nothing.

Oohh I forgot the nice little statement from ROY - ever the enthusiastic contributor to a.net:

"""Could someone explain what they mean by "Gay Rights"? Do "straight" people have separate rights?***

Can somone please tell me where gays have asked for *special individual gay rights*?

No - I didn't think so. We just want EQUAL rights.

SIMPLE

mb

mb

jaysit

Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:14 pm

"Could someone explain what they mean by "Gay Rights"? Do "straight" people have separate rights?"

Roy. Picture it.

Calcutta, 1925. Now compare the rights of British colonialists and Bengalis.
London, 1964. Now compare the rights of white Brits versus their brown recently immigrated brethren.

In both cases, the former had "rights" that were far superior to the latter (voting, rights to a job, right against being fired for their racial origin, etc). Basic civil rights that you take for granted. Do you categorize them as "white rights" versus "brown rights?" No, you don't. Now just extend that analogy to gay versus straight and you will (hopefully) realize how obnoxious you are being with that rhetorical question, a question whose answer someone with your intelligence should be able to decipher intuitively.

"How come you can't get homos to discuss how they're perpetuating the AIDS epidemic?"

Actually, the AIDS virus (which has no idea whether you like dick or p*ssy, although its still not quite clear what you like) has no bearing on the civil right to marry or on the right to privacy. And if your usual asinine bile is to be granted any credence, then lesbians should be the heroes of the Christian Wrong. But, I don't see you cheering Mary and Esther's wedding. And as for discussions on the AIDs epidemic, gay organizations took on the AIDs epidemic in the 80s and early 90s, and made sure that it didn't "perpetuate" as it could have. We could have had a Uganda or South Africa here, but we didn't. Thank ActUP, Tony Fauci and others with a keener intelligence than yours for that.

Aaron747

Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:14 pm

BRAVO jaysit - that was just the post this thread needed.

Matt D
Topic Author

Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:20 pm

MX_Boy:

I feel insulted. You were here in SoCal and you didn't give me a call?

We could've hung out together. Maybe cruised Santa Monica Blvd or Melrose. Maybe stopped off at one of those indoor "day spas". For you, I would've put on some mascara and a little pink tutu.  Laugh out loud

jaysit

Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:28 pm

"Maybe stopped off at one of those indoor "day spas". For you, I would've put on some mascara and a little pink tutu."

Hon, those boys in the "day spas" probably have muscles bigger than your head. And if you showed up in a pink tutu, they would have beat your sissy-straight ass silly. But if seeing you in a pink tutu makes your girlfriend excited and makes her pound you with her strap-on with more gusto, then more power to you.

jamesag96

Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:56 pm

Bottom line is Davis is an ass-clown whoring his influence to anyone and everyone who will give him their vote. Interesting how all of his little gimme laws have been in the wake of a recall election.

I personally don't have any problems with Gay people marrying, or whatever it is they want that makes them "equal" to straight couples.

I do have a problem with illegals getting D.L.'s, and that is the crux of the matter here, Davis is making a fool of himself to stay in office. It was the voters in California that saw him for what he is, it was the voters in California who sought his recall, it should be the voters in California that have their day. If, however, they do not take advantage of this when recall comes around (barring more ridiculous actions by the court), than they have no one to blame but themselves.

J

This morphed into a discussion about gay/straight, boeing/airbus, and it shouldn't have. It is about Davis, and his policies.

jaysit

Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:16 am

Davis is a politician. What did you expect?

Although I suspect that if Davis had suddenly rounded up illegals with DLs and forced them to drive all the way back to Tijuana with their new DLs (no return trip guaranteed) in order to appease those who desired such an outcome and, thus, help his chances in the recall, I doubt if he would have been accused of whoring.

But when gay people are involved.... BOOM ! The sky falls in !

jamesag96

Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:43 am

"Although I suspect that if Davis had suddenly rounded up illegals with DLs and forced them to drive all the way back to Tijuana with their new DLs (no return trip guaranteed) in order to appease those who desired such an outcome and, thus, help his chances in the recall, I doubt if he would have been accused of whoring."

But Jay...he isn't pandering to people with common sense, he is "throwing" to anyone that will vote his way.

And I think we are forgetting a major problem here that hasn't yet been addressed....and that is the plight of the Gay Illegal Alien...the G.I.A. if you will. What will become of them?

J

Aaron747

Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:46 am

James, no selective criticism allowed. Gubernatorial veto power isn't the same in California as that we know at the federal level, and these bills you disagree with had to get through 386 Assemblypersons and State Senators before it ever arrived on Snore Gray's desk.

jamesag96

Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:06 am

He signs the bill he is the man, ultimate accountability.

I know the problem though, he doesn't sign he gets trashed for holding up government, and the cycle continutes. Same could be said fo Bush I's no new tax debacle, he signed a law that had a tax increase tagged on. The fix? recall all the dumbasses currently serving in the Legislature on the state and the federal level.

J

Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:42 pm

Sorry Matty,

I would have met up with you and others but I simply didn't have the time. I had one Saturday and Sat night with friends and the rest of my time was working in our SM office plus having to schmooze with the office people after work. *yawn*

Although I did meet up with one particularly sexy a.net member from L.A. who will remember me for a long time.

Have a guess?

LOL

mb

(p.s. Matty, I don't do bath houses.. eeewww)

MD-90

Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:15 pm

Mx5_boy, you're surprised that none of our posts have been deleted? You just called Sleekjet and myself "American white trash". I'd think that's more grounds for deletion than saying that our opinions are bigoted and ridiculous, because they aren't to a majority of the American people.

seb146

Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:24 pm

MD-90: The majority of California voters have said they do not support 'gay marriages' but I think that is based on the vote of Prop 22. But, American media is good about getting the facts they want. If they want facts that say a majority of Americans are against 'gay marriages' they simply go to rural America and take a poll. If they want polls in favor of the Democratic party, they simply go to the historically Democratic strongholds.

GO CANUCKS!!

Scorpio

Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:35 am

MD-90,

I'm still waiting for you to explain to us in detail why you think sex between gays should be illegal. Remember " I've got to drive back to school today but after I'm back there I'll answer your question, Scorpio. I don't have time right now."? That was three days ago...

Superfly

Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:22 am

Scorpio:
Keep in mind, MD-90 is the same person that calls Blacks 'colored'.

EA CO AS

Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:31 am

I believe gays and lesbians should be permitted to marry and enjoy the same legal status as any heterosexual married couple.

Why, you ask?

SO THEY'LL FINALLY SHUT THE HELL UP

No more "I'm gay, and YOU HAVE TO LIKE IT!" in-your-face "Pride Parades." No more whining about being underprivileged or oppressed. Give them what they want so the hysterical ranting will finally stop!

b757300

Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:36 am

No more "I'm gay, and YOU HAVE TO LIKE IT!" in-your-face "Pride Parades." No more whining about being underprivileged or oppressed. Give them what they want so the hysterical ranting will finally stop!

Not likely...

EA CO AS

Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:41 am

Not likely...

Perhaps, but it WILLl take away their only "valid" reasons for these parades, whining, etc.

ConcordeBoy

Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:54 am

sorry EACOAS, but he's right... not likely

heck, some Blacks still want reparations for both slavery and Jim Crow... about 140 & 40 years after they were respectively abolished!

*just as a flame-retardant: I'm (for all practical purposes) Black people  Big grin

Superfly

Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:57 am

ConcordeBoy:
heck, some Blacks still want reparations for both slavery and Jim Crow... about 140 & 40 years after they were respectively abolished!

*just as a flame-retardant: I'm (for all practical purposes) Black people

Save your stupidity for private use.  Insane

MD-90

Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:23 am

Only once, Superfly. Geez, you'd think it was a crime. When you're more concerned about Davis' supposed accomplishments on "women's rights" (not even going there on "babys' rights") and "gay rights", instead of the atrocious budget deficit...

Sorry Scorpio, I forgot.

Marriage is God ordained. The marriage practiced in the United States comes from the Bible. Other cultures have their practices (such as selling women into marriage so dear old dad gets a nice fatted cow or soemthing), but in the US our marriage is Biblical.

I have no problem with call "gay marriage" a civil union and having all the rights you'd have if a guy married a woman. I just don't think it should be called marriage because it can't be. I know you asked me not to bring the Bible into but the Bible is the foundation of marriage, how can you ignore it?

Aaron747

Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:21 am

That's fine, you want to get married in a church - do so. The government has no right to dictate what marriage means or doesn't mean to a denomination. In terms of civil unions, however, the language is relatively unimportant, especially considering that legal 'marriage' of two people is not in "Biblical" terms at all. Try estate instead.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802

Superfly

Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:52 am

MD-90:
When you're more concerned about Davis' supposed accomplishments on "women's rights" (not even going there on "babys' rights") and "gay rights", instead of the atrocious budget deficit...

Voters passed dozens of bond measures that require tax spending. Davis could have over-ruled the will of the voters to save the budget.
But that would be over-turning what 'the majority' wanted.  Big grin

Marriage is God ordained

...and the #1 cause for divorce. Big grin

MD-90

Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:27 pm

During the summer of 2001 my family and I took a trip to Virginia and North Carolina to do family tree research and visit some historic locations. As we were traveling "the Constitution Route" on highway 20 in Virginia, I came across an interesting monument about seven miles east of Orange. On it was the embossed head of John Leland, the influential Baptist preacher and champion of religious liberty. It is believed that the monument marks the location where James Madison and John Leland met to discuss Madison’s candidacy for Virginia delegate to the Convention to ratify the Federal Constitution. At that meeting, Leland pressed Madison concerning his stand on religious freedom and individual rights. Madison promised Leland if he was elected, he would do all in his power to see that religious freedom and individual freedom would be incorporated into the Constitution by amendment. Elder John Leland and hence the Orange Baptists did throw their support behind James Madison who was elected. As expected, he voted in favor of ratification of the Constitution. Then, true to his word, he drafted and introduced twelve amendments to the Constitution. Article III of Madison’s proposed Bill of Rights reads, "Congress shall make no laws establishing articles of Faith, or mode of worship, or prohibiting the free exercise of religion, or abridging freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition to the government for redress of grievances." The members of the convention condensed Madison’s proposed third article. In fact, they changed it to the First Amendment which reads; "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

By David L. Brown, Ph.D.

IndianGuy

Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:21 pm

I personally believe that the best thing to do is not to ask and not to tell. I dont see why sexuality is something to be discussed, Str8 or otherwise.

What I would say is Bend rules but dont break them. Do whatever it is that you want, but keep that little thing called society in mind.

-Roy

L-188

Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:26 pm

I dont see why sexuality is something to be discussed, Str8 or otherwise.

Wow. The planets must be aligned, I agree with the person that made that quote.

Scorpio

Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:57 am

MD-90,

Marriage is God ordained. The marriage practiced in the United States comes from the Bible. Other cultures have their practices (such as selling women into marriage so dear old dad gets a nice fatted cow or soemthing), but in the US our marriage is Biblical.

It indeed may have a Biblical origin, but it became separated from that a long time ago. That's why many people get married TWICE: once legally, once for the church. The first has nothing to do with religion. It is for inc-stance also asked of people who are NOT religious, but who wish to receive the benefits being legally married brings with it. So it can't possibly be religious. The second, getting married before the Church, is a whole different story.

Anyway, you didn't really answer the question I posed. The question was, why should gay SEX be banned? Remember this quote? "So now gay sex is de facto legal. What's next? NAMBLA has always wanted for pedophilia to not be a crime. I guess the campaign for that will be stepped up soon." That had nothing to do with marriage, but with gay sex.

Aaron747

Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:17 am

Yep, this issue always brings out the fucking scourge of 'morality police'

ConcordeBoy

Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:26 am

SuperFly,

I never said I supported that sort of BS... but you're a fool if you deny its existence.

How many speeches have Sharpton/Jackson given for reparations this year alone.... what is is, 6 now? Please  Insane

MD-90

Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:00 pm

Oops...I thought you meant gay marriage.

Frankly, if you think gay sex is okay then there's nothing I could ever say to convince you otherwise so I'd rather not get into it.

Aaron747

Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:00 pm

Frankly if you think gay sex isn't okay for the people who choose to express their love that way, I'd rather you not get into it either. Disgusting attitude.

Superfly

Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:03 am

ConcordeBoy:
Um, the topic is a Gay Rights right's law passed by our governor.  Insane

If you want to show off that you're a tap-dancing 'Tom', do it in the appropriate threads.  Smile

ConcordeBoy

Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:16 am

no need, you've demonstrated your sheer and utter ignorance here... further argumentation would be pointless  Big grin

johnboy

Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:24 pm

I'm just curious what was the final straw for this entire tirade?

Gay marriage "lite" or Grey Davis? Or both?

MD-90

Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:51 am

Gay sex isn't so much about "expressing love' as it is satisfying lust. Rather like how having an affair isn't so much about expressing your love for someone who isn't your husband/wife, but rather satisfying your sexual urges.

jamesag96

Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:04 am

MD-90...are you serious? Your view on this matter...

"Gay sex isn't so much about "expressing love' as it is satisfying lust. Rather like how having an affair isn't so much about expressing your love for someone who isn't your husband/wife, but rather satisfying your sexual urges."

...is appalling. You may mean well but you are doing nothing more than living up to your own stereotype, which is a backwards ass redneck from Mississippi whose mind is permanently closed to anything our of your own personal "norm". By your own definition, "Gay Sex" is right up there with jerking off, oral sex of any kind, and "quickies". To think that two men or women can't love each other as much as a man/woman relationship is frighteningly naive. When is the last time you looked at the divorce rate amongst heteros? Around 50%, I know same sex relationships can do as well, and I would bet better than that as they have to over come difficulties inherent to their relationship that heteros will not.

On another note, I do hope for your own sake and the sake of your children, and this goes for anyone and everyone that will not open up to at least the ideas of the other side (Alpha 1, Indianguy, 777236er whatever, half the posters from Europe, B757300, and the like) that you figure out a way to educate yourself and not pass on the blatant bigotry for all things you don't "like."

J

By the by...Davis is still a vote whore, and a goof-ass...which was the point of this thread.

Aaron747

Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:18 am

Jesus. There's nothing I can even say to MD-90's comment. What can I say? Ignorance of such magnitude is shocking in the extreme.

Trvlr

Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:11 am

I really don't care what you call it--marriage, civil union--whatever. I certainly do not see why the desire for two men to have the same LEGAL and ECONOMIC benefits as a man and a woman is so wrong. Why should a productive citizen such as myself not be allowed these fundamental benefits of a relationship?

I fail to see how anyone who thinks the American Dream should be denied for law-abiding, productive citizens can consider themselves true Americans themselves.

Aaron G.

Superfly

Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:53 am

MD-90:
You talk as if this is from experience. Are you in a gay relationship right now? Tell us more about it.

MD-90

Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:16 pm

No, not from my own experience, but from two of my (one former) best friends. One gay, one straight, and both finally got to the point where it totally broke down. Unfortunately, I lost a friendship over something similiar with the gay one, and he hasn't talked to me in quite a while now. It's sad that I wasn't a better friend.

Aaron747

Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:54 pm

And the lesson here? It's got nothing to do with sexual preference folks. Good and bad relationships exist no matter who you are.

seb146

Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:20 am

MD-90: So, you think the only thing that goes on in a gay relationship is sex? If you talk to two people of the same sex that have been dating for some time, you will know it is way more than that. I can personaly tell you I have dated 4 guys in the last year and have only had sex with one of them. Did you just read that right? A gay guy who only has had sex with one of his last 4 partners? Yep, that's right. No shame in it at all!

Back on topic: Trvlr brings up a valid point. Why is everyone up in arms about this? We pay taxes just like everyone else yet we are not allowed (on paper) to be married just like our hetero counter parts. I am sick of hearing about California, but give it a rest. It is just more paperwork and burocracy.

GO CANUCKS!!

Superfly

Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:22 am

MD-90:
Well I am a heterosexual guy and I've had many sexual relationships with women with no emotional strings attached. Does that make my sexual encounters more acceptable than the gays that do the same?
Do I want to marry every woman I sleep with?
HELL NO!

To the state (government).
Marriage should be viewed as the joining of two incomes. Marriage between a gay couple should be treated the same as hetero couples. Leave it to the religions to discriminate based on gender, race, income, etc...

ussherd

Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:59 pm

As a practicing Christian, I have well defined beliefs as to what sexual activities are permitted within the Christian moral framework. However, I don't believe that the State should be involved in legislating for what is more or less a purely moral, and therefore, private issue. As a Christian, I will accept that God has the right to tell me who I can or cannot sleep with, but I would take a very dim view of the State or society telling me that I can't have a sexual relationship with a consenting adult of my choice. I frequently hear people using the fact that Christianity prohibits same sex relationships to justify discrimination against gay relationships. However, I take issue with the kind of selective morality that many Christians seem to espouse. In my view, if we are going to use the Christian moral framework to regulate public morality, then we have to apply the Christian moral code in full. So, unless I'm a virgin on my wedding night and remain married and faithful to the one wife for as long as we're both alive, then I don't have the right to make a moral judgment on anyone else. I think it's hypocritical to insist on the supremacy of Christian moral values only when and where it suits us. We live in a society where ethical and moral values are increasingly based on humanistic principles, not on religious teaching. I'm not saying that this is a good or a bad thing, but that's the reality. None of us can truly say that we're completely free from prejudice and I think we need to be careful to avoid using our faith as an excuse to indulge our not-so-righteous human natures.

Aaron747

Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:39 am

Uss,

A thoroughly well-reasoned and sensible view. As a Catholic, I agree completely with your position. In addition, I go so far as to say that I disagree with the rigid position my Church has taken on this issue. Even the more progressive end of Catholicism has taken the on the absurdly unrealistic view that homosexual relationships are fine, so long as no sex occurs.

But you really couldn't have said it better. I'm tired of people using my religion (or whatever else it happens to be) as justification for their wanton discrimination or outright hatred.

mbmbos

Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:59 am

"Gay sex isn't so much about "expressing love' as it is satisfying lust. Rather like how having an affair isn't so much about expressing your love for someone who isn't your husband/wife, but rather satisfying your sexual urges."

MD-90, are you projecting? Just because your sexual experiences with other men have been sordid encounters doesn't mean that all homosexual relationships are based only on lust. Many gay relationships are based on love, sharing and mutual respect.

jamesag96

Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:43 am

Can we please get back to the original topic, which are the actions of the current Governor. I think if we are going to speak of different lifestyles we should start a new thread.

J

Aaron747

Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:42 am

The legislature and current governor are standing up for a significant group of California citizens that have been discriminated against via abuse of the legal system wholly on the basis of some citizens' opposition to whom they choose to go to bed with. And for that, I applaud them.