Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Ever Had A Supernatural Encounter?

Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:17 am

Reading that ghost in the door thread got me thinking about this subject. Not really looking for E.T-hunting, UFO-watching, Coast-to-Coast A.M. type of stories....

but have you ever had any sort of supernatural/psychic/spiritual/religious encounter that was just way beyond explanation? Know anyone who realistically has?

Do share...
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

airways1

RE: Ever Had A Supernatural Encounter?

Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:30 am

KROC got laid once six years ago. Now that was just way beyond explanation.

avt007

Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:20 am

My brother once had an apartment that was haunted. I thought he was full of it until I spent a weekend there. I saw a full length well defined shadow of a man walk along the wall where there couldn`t have been a shadow! Also he had one big wall that was completely empty- no furniture, shelves, pictures, nothing. He said anything put there ended up on the floor. Sure enough, we stacked a bunch of books there and went out for a while. When we came back the books were scattered all over the floor.
My practical, logical self says ghosts don`t exist. I think a lot of these shows on tv about ghosts are crap. And yet........I saw something. I wish I hadn`t seen anything, life would be easier to explain.  Smile

seb146

Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:02 am

I have lived in two places that have ghosts. One house had a man and his daughter. She sometimes would look out the upstairs window down to my friends and I playing then at night she would move things around in the attic. Her father kept mainly in the basement. I know this all sounds strange but there were no stairs to the attic! We had no way of getting to the attic except by a ladder to the back window. We had mice living there as well but mice do not clomp, mice do not move stacks of dishes, and mice do not open doors that take two humans to open.

The other place I lived with a ghost had a glass-walled room through the French doors just off the kitchen. That room was his space, but I think he wanted the whole place to himself so he would open the French doors, moved things in the refrigerator and little things like that to get me to move out. He understood I was not afraid of him and he tried to keep quiet but he was a teenager. He still moved stuff around and knocked things off shelves just to let me know he was still there.

Ghosts are fun.

GO CANUCKS!!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

redngold

Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:37 am

A friend of mine who died of AIDS came to visit me the night he died... Except that I was 100 miles away from his body at the time.

He came to me when I was crying and praying for him, hoping that he would stay alive. Then, suddenly, I realized I was praying for that because I still wanted him for *myself* and I knew he would never have a good life again if he lived. So I started praying for him to be out of his misery, for him to have a peaceful death, and that's when I heard him, loud and clear as if he was standing right next to me, saying "Goodbye, Elizabeth. Goodbye. I have to go." And I knew he had died, before my parents ever called me. (I already knew he was in ICU in the hospital.)

Alan Douglas Hall was 39.
Up, up and away!

ryanb741

Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:38 am

When we moved from Australia to the UK we moved into a large family house built over the site of an old monastic graveyard. LOADS of wierd shit happened (I even saw a ghost move across the stairway from one wall into another for a full 20 seconds - strangely it was very serene and not at all frightening). But we seemed to have an old man's spirit living in our front lounge - sometimes you could smell his pipe smoke but the wierdest thing was that ghost absolutely HATED the curtains being drawn. If you closed the curtains then 30 seconds, with absolute regularity the door to the lounge would swing open (this usually would require the handle to be turned) as if the ghost was 'escaping' the room. Sometimes our dog would go absolutely mental in that room and it absolutely freaks my wife out when we go back there to visit.

Other wierd stuff included a trail of 'bloody' footprints leading across our kitchen and abruptly stopping in the middle of the breakfast room - a couple of years later when we were having the room re-tiled the workmen discovered a trapdoor right where the footprints had stopped - upon closer inspection it seemed to be some kind of storage room or coal cellar. Other wierd things included appliances turning themselves on (including disturbingly a vacuum cleaner that wasn't even plugged into the mains when we went to see what the commotion was!).

The only time I was genuinely scared was on a visit with my wife - we had been out to a nightclub and it was about 4.30 am when we returned and as we entered the side entrance to the house we heard this loud noise like the flapping of a newspaper would make, coming from our front lounge. The door to the lounge was slightly ajar and I peeked from a distance but could see nothing as it was so dark and yet the flapping was incessant. I walked towards the door to open it to investigate and then before I could push open the door I suddenly became absolutely freezing cold and had this awful feeling of dread and something inside told me not to open that door! So I didn't but I still wanted to know what was happening so I exited the house with my wife and went to the front of the house where the window to the longe was and through the window you could see the room was bathed in an eerie green glow, and yet when I had peeked into the opening of the door before deciding not to enter the room I can assure you the room was 100% pitch black.

Anyway, my mother still lives in that house and we visit reasonably regularly (every few months or so) and strangely enough the front lounge is the main lounge area where we usually watch TV etc. Just not late at night!!!
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

zak

Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:50 am

everytime i open my zipper :>
10=2

Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:42 am

We have pictures to prove there was a supernatural encounter in NY a few weeks ago.. KROC, MattD and Mirrodie.. At least 2 of the 3 are aliens you decide which ones.

CanadianNorth

Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:01 am

My unkle claims that this area of town used to be a native grave yard. I have seen alot but most of it was written off with a perfectly reasonable excuse though... But explain: one night i saw a chair rocking back and forth, nobody around, and also it was boiling in the room so i went to take a leak and when i came back it was freezing in here... One night i was in the kitchen (overlooks the family room) and i looked down and saw a man walk across the room, so knowing the fact that everyone else was upstairs sleeping i slowly came down and flicked on the lights and looked all around, nothing... Was in what is now my bedroom, saw a lady walking twards the bathroom, so i followed and there was nobody about... In the basement i went down there one day and got the feeling that i was being watched. I looked over and saw 2 perfect circles with 1 dead ant right in the middle of each circle. The next day i went down there and they were gone....

CanadianNorth
HS-748, like a 747 but better!

Aloha717200

Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:14 am

Unfortunately not. I've never experienced anything supernatural/seen a ghost or angel/religious.

Never. An unfortunate side effect is that I have a very very hard time believing any stories about anything that can't be explained, like the sighting of loved ones who have passed on, or something similar.

It's hard to believe in something you can't see for yourself. So whenever I hear ghost stories, they fascinate me, but down inside I find myself believing that they're just made up by the person telling them, in order to have an interesting story to tell.

I mean it's so easy to lie about something like that. So I just don't believe most of them.

EDIT:

I have had experiences though where I think something was just in my own mind rather than an actual occurance.

When I used to live at an apartment I had to do laundry downstairs in the basement and sometimes I got a feeling of being watched and sometimes it was enough to make me come back upstairs for a while. But I know that was just in my head.

Where I live now, oftentimes when I'm in the bathroom I hear the floor creak as if someone is walking past the door on the other side, when no one is in the house. Explanation: The house is old. It's probably just the house settling.

There's an explanation for everything, and half the time things are just in your head, there just can't be anything else there.....it doesnt make much sense.

[Edited 2003-12-28 02:25:36]

avt007

Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:56 pm

Aloha- I feel the way you do- but having seen something once screws up my security in knowing it`s all bull!

jhooper

Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:00 pm

I haven't personally experienced such an occurance, but I've heard about enough of them that I believe the supernatural world exists.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

L-188

Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:12 pm

Yes,

Her name was Kimberli

She tried to steal my soul and destroy my spirt.

But I outflanked her.

I got a dog instead
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

jessman

Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:24 am

A couple of occourances at my childhood home;
The most inexplicable of them happened one christmas when we heard the dog barking outside. We went out and there were footprints in the snow starting about the middle of the yard and going about ten feet away from our property line, then they quit. There was nothing before them and nothing after them.

The second one I woke up with the realization that I was being watched. There was an entity in my room. It did not have a human form, but had a definate shape and odd green glow. When it started toward me I freaked out and ran down the stairs toward my parent's room. I ended up passing out on the stairs.

The third could have just been my mind playing tricks on me as it was soon after the second, as I was looking in my mirror getting ready for school I saw a woman's reflection in the mirror. I turned around but no one was there. Then it was gone.

And a final story from that house, one time I dreamed a large bird of prey (an eagle or hawk of some sort) with red eyes picked me up off of my bed and tried to fly me out of my room through the window, but the window was too small for both of us. It turns out my mother was freaking out the whole time I was having this dream as she was unable to wake me for nearly an hour while it was happening.

Kay

Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:55 am

everytime angry girlfriend steps out of my car she slams the passenger door with supernatural power.

SA006

Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:11 am

Looking at Michael Jackson pictures

SA006
Proudly South African

gigneil

Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:33 am

I bumped into Justin Timberlake in an elevator at the MGM Grand.

That's not the supernatural part.

The supernatural part was I didn't a) squeal like a 12 year old b) pee myself or c) make an ass of my self by speaking in gibberish. We actually had a nice 45 second conversation.

N

AC320

Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:50 am

and then he forgot you even existed  Big grin
fuddle duddle

airmale

Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:09 pm

I've had some experiences that I would term "Super" and they were all "Natural".

On a serious note, I dont know what to make of this, some years back I had gone to visit a friend who was moving into an apartment that had been lying vacant for quite a while, it was on the top floor of the building with a whole roof to it, the building was built in the 50's and for a major part of its life had been in what was a developing posh locality, surrounded by alot of old trees, so I did feel, uncomfortable going there and climbing up alone, a few times that I went on the roof even during the day did'nt feel comfortable, a couple of other friends of his were over as well as his mom and aunt who were inspecting the renovation being done, now this guy was a weird arty type and as usual that night he had created an ambience by keeping the lights off and a small candle burning in a lantern like holder in the corner on the floor, the place had a great view and a wonderful breeze being on top so the windows were open, after a while his mom and aunt left and we all decided to go out for dinner too, he blew out the candle and turned the lights on before leaving, a couple of hours later when the two of us returned he wanted to create the same ambience as before and went to light the candle...........which was no longer there, he turned to me and said "I can swear there was candle in this when we left" I could sense he was unnerved so I got too, pretending to be calm I slowly walked upto the lantern to have a look and not only was there no candle but even the melted wax had disappeared, I ran to open the door expecting some one to jump infront and block my way, and we both rushed out. The next day he told his family about what happened, his mom suspected some one must have gotten in through the back door which had been left unlocked and taken the candle, which ofcourse I do not believe for a moment as there were more prescious things lying around to be had including the candle holder, but they never experienced anything strange after that.
.....up there with the best!

dc863

Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:55 am

Taking several hits of acid back in the good ol' days.

high_flyr69

Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:12 pm

The mind is a powerful thing. So too are illicit substances.
cheers
high_flyr69
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice Doggy' until you find the shot gun