Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flyingbronco05
Topic Author

Toughy! (Girl Problem)

Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:56 am

I have asked a couple of times for girl advice, but this one may be the cherry on the top.

I have been with my gf for about a month and a half now and I am very happy with her. I have always noticed that she has hair on the upper lip. I know some girls who have this only a few days then take care of it. But with my gf, she has had it ever since I met her a few months ago. I feel it when we kiss and my mom and dad said something to me about it a few weeks ago. Should I mention to my gf that she has a mustache or something to that effect?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy If so, how should I say it and what should I say? I THINK she would either laugh or cry if I mention it, but she would not be mad at me. After all, isn't this stuff girls are supposed to take care of?

Thanks for the help.

FB05
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

cancidas

RE: Toughy! (Girl Problem)

Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:59 am

jeez, that one is kinda tough. you could come across as an ass if you ask her to shave it. is it that noticable? i'll think about this one a little and tell you what i think later....
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

Matt D

Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:02 pm

Hmmm...that is a doozy. At least it's not a "does she like me/should I ask her out?" thread.

Women are usually very sensitive about grooming habits, especially on things like facial hair. Unfortunately there is no way to politely or tactfully approach her directly (how DO you tell a girl she's got a 'stache without her taking offense? You can't!)

My best suggestion would be to approach one of her friends andtell her about your hairy dilemma. Then her friend can approach her. If a [trusted female] friend appraoches her about it, she's a lot less likely to be embarrassed by it. Women are always doing each others nails, hair, shopping, waxing, etc. So it'll be best to go that route.

flyingbronco05
Topic Author

Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:11 pm

I would post a picture of her lips, but I have no way of uploading the picture.

Yes, it is noticable.

Thanks for the suggestion Matt D.

If anybody wants to share some space, I will send you the pict of her lips so you post a link.

FB05

[Edited 2004-02-05 04:19:01]

Chi-town

Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:18 pm

Here....this is what i would do. I would talk to one of her friends and ask them to talk to her about it....ya know tell them to hint at the fact that her upper lip is a little hairy. Have her friend suggest for her to wax it.

Chi-town

Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:30 pm

flyingbronco05,

can you drop me an e-mail? you can get my email adress in my profile. I'd love to ask you some questions about Western Michigan. I hear they have a great aviation program there.

FMAL

Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:40 pm

Every girl has that problem, and as you said, some take care of it right away and others don't.

When my gf upper lip hair starts growing again, I just plain tell her. I go, "hey, its growing again" and she takes care of it. She doesn't feel bad or anything, its a normal girl thing.

MidnightMike

Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:30 pm

Sheesh, just tell her to shave her mustache
NO URLS in signature

mirrodie

Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:25 pm

I recall reading some years ago about a website that is suited exactly for your purpose.

I think that for a small fee, the site will send her an ANONYMOUS letter that casually mentions the flaw and suggests that she take care of it. I don;t remember the webstie, but I remember reading about that.

Or go the friends route.

Just make sure no hairs protrude from the boobies either.

Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

bigphilnyc

Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:49 pm

NO! The anonymous letter is WORSE! Since you dont know who did it, your suspcious that it could be ANYBODY!

Here's my idea. Tell her you have a fantasy of raping a girl. She'll probably admit that she does too. Most chicks DIG that shit.

Tie her up and put duct tape over her face. Have your way with her and when you're done, RIP the duct tape off, hopefully having the same effect as wax, removing the 'stache.

What can I say? I solve problems. It's what I do.  Big grin
Phil Derner Jr.

Matt D

Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:51 pm

LOL...

Leave it to BigPhil...

now say what you want about that being mean, or degrading, or whatever, but you HAVE to admit that his suggestion is sneaky, clever, devious, and fah-ken genius.

DeltaGuy

Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:05 pm

Be kinky like big Phil says  Smile

I have tha prob too tho....big time. Girl I'm starting to date has it....I mean, I keep mine down..but she needs to do her end too!

Try the tape..or otherwise, makeout with her, and bite the hair..she'll notice u notice lol.

Best of luck,
DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

yyz717

Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:08 pm

Be honest. Tell her you'll dump her unless she shaves it.

...and while she's shaving her face, she could also look for other areas to shave while she has the razor out.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

SlamClick

Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:17 pm

How do I put this delicately?

Have you determined for sure that this is a girl?

The problem could be worse than you imagine!

That said, and if you are still with her - honesty (with tact) is by far the best approach. It is pretty common and it does not decrease as they move into middle age. Personal vanity usually keeps women from allowing their mustaches to get as full as Wilford Brimley's.

Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

gocaps16

Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:33 pm

Buy her a Mach 3 razor for her birthday.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Kevin

BO__einG

Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:34 pm

Buy her a Mach 3 razor for her birthday.

No, get her a Mach 3 TURBO with extra shaving blades for her Bday!
hahah, I kid I kid, I think the best choices are that you either tell her about it yourself but be delicate about it as she may get upset if you make the facial hair thing sound like a big deal. For instance, instead of saying moustache to her, just say facial hair growing above the lip. It will sound like its "Not a big deal". Cuz saying Moustache sounds more offensive, but facial hair.. well everybody has facial hair, cheeks,forehead,chin it will sound more broad and therefore not so offensive for her to hear.

Or you call tell about this snafoo to her friend and trust that she will let your gf know about the lip hair deal.
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

fritzi

Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:27 pm

Have you determined for sure that this is a girl?

The problem could be worse than you imagine

LOL!  Laugh out loud

Just what I was about to ask.

It is better to be safe than sorry!

tanyaluvs2fly

Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:03 pm

haha not every girl has that problem I can honestly admit I dont.. I did go to school with a girl who had one... and found out she bleached it when i ran across the stuff in her room one day! LOL talk to her about it... or if you want to spend a little money with valentines day coming up get her a facial treatment at a salon/spa... that would take care of it  Smile
Live, Laugh, Love!

Greg

Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:17 pm

Dude....it's a guy..not a woman.

CFIcraigAPA

Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:23 pm

Every girl has that problem,

I don't know what breed of women you're dating, but I've never had a woman with that problem. Everyone has peachfuzz, but a full-blown mustache?? That sh1t ain't regualtion.
Prior Proper Preparation Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

ArmitageShanks

Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:38 pm

That's the funniest thing I have ever heard Bigphilnyc!! hahahaaahahahahhhaaa

airways1

Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:45 pm

Flyingbronco05's g/f:

flyingbronco05
Topic Author

Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:23 am

If somebody has a website and wants to upload the picture, I can send you her picture with what I'm talking about. Let me know and I will email you and send you the picture.

fb05

fspilot747

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:00 am

FlyingBronco, your best bet should just be to talk to one of her girlfriends. It really shouldn't be that hard.

I mean, if the 'stache has some color to it and is noticeable (like you say), then go for it.

For some reason, this one girl I really used to like in H.S. had very very fine, clear fuzz on her upper lip. It was by NO means what you're describing, and you could only notice it up close when you spoke to her (just very clear and light),and for some reason, I found it to be SUCH a turn on. Maybe because I liked her anyways  Big grin

[puts on flame and teasing suit]

FSP

cancidas

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:22 am

Tie her up and put duct tape over her face.

you sick sick bastard phil....
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

bigphilnyc

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:52 am

What until you see my advice for girls that are cockteases.  Big grin
Phil Derner Jr.

LHMark

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:58 am

Just go "Yo! Super Mario! You wanna scrape that caterpillar off before I get rugburn?"
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:49 am

She's your girlfriend. Just tell her. It's better she hears it from you than her friends laughing about it behind her back. All women get it just most take care of it before they start to look like Saddam.

Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:18 am

If you send me the picture, Chris, I'll upload it.

flyingbronco05
Topic Author

Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:55 am

UPDATE:

I just told her and she said it was very mean of me to tell her and that she always wants to kill her brother when he mentions it. I wanted to say "then it IS a problem if your brother is mentioning it" but I didn't.

I'm gonna send AAJAXFlyer the picture.

gocaps16

Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:37 pm

We will see in the picture whenever AAJAXFlyer post it.

If it was me....I wouldn't care what she said. I think I would be too embarrased to go out in public with a girl that has a 'stache. I would tell her face to face that it's bothering me and tell her to get rid of it. If her brother teases her about it, then WHY doesn't she do any corrective actions? ummmm, like SHAVE IT OFF for pete's sake unless if she is some sort of a freak or something. No offense to her or you, FlyingBronco.

What a lame response she said that it was mean? Hell, she should take that as a compliment.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Kevin

ScarletHarlot

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:39 pm

Okay guys, NO, girls cannot shave off their facial hair! That will make it grow back thicker and darker. Instead, she should wax it or bleach it.

FlyingBronco, I'm torn on this one. If it were me, I would hope that a good friend would lovingly tell me. But if you just blurted out "hey, check out your 'tache" she is well within her rights to smack you.

DO NOT post her picture. If she sees it, she will kill you, and you will deserve to die!
But that was when I ruled the world

ArmitageShanks

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:43 pm

ScarletHarlot you are wrong about hair growing back thicker and darker if you shave it. That DOES NOT happen. Its all determined by genes.

redngold

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:46 pm

Most women have some sort of facial hair... and when we have episodes of thickened hair, it thickens in the same place as on men's faces... It's not an easy thing to say, or to hear, but most of us, if given the opportunity, will clean up a bit.

I prefer tweezing. Yeah, it hurts, but it lasts longer.
Up, up and away!

mirrodie

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:54 pm

I don't know whats funnier:
That you told her
or that she knows and is that defiant
or that you are actually thinking of posting her photo(your death sentence).

Get her a Brazilian wax job up in the north end.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

apathoid

Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:13 pm

Slather on a "Dirty Sanchez" and you won't be able to tell the difference.

Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:11 pm

Hey now she knows, maybe she will deal with it now. Or maybe she just doesn't care how she looks.. In that case get out now while you still can.

MidnightMike

Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:14 pm

Scarlet

Well true, he may get a smack, but then she just may start to wax her upper lip.

FlyingBronco

Don't post her picture on this site unless you are trying to gain attention for yourself & your girlfriend. There are plenty of people on this site that are quite talented with photo shop type programs that will have some fun with her photo.

Speak with your girlfriend, and let her know how you feel.
NO URLS in signature

schreiner

Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:23 am

Just give her a new MACH3 turbo, she will get the point!!

Cheers,
Schreiner

Soaring the internet...

emiratesa345

Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:35 pm

Phil,

Oh Christ, that was hilarious!

"Slather on a "Dirty Sanchez" and you won't be able to tell the difference."

LMAO!

"That will make it grow back thicker and darker."

My mother said that is a lazy European woman's excuse for not shaving her legs. She also mentioned that it was not true.

EmiratesA345 Laugh out loud
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

SophieMaltese

Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:48 pm

I was curious to see the picture to see exactly how noticable it is? Now I'm getting all self concious! We all have little hairs there but I've never waxed it. If I get a little darker hair I just pluck it out. I'm sure you all wanted to know this. My mom at the age of almost 60 is MORTIFIED if anyone finds out about her bleaching her 'stach. It's a pretty sensitive issue with the ladies. How old is your girlfriend?

MD11Lover

Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:45 pm

BigphilNYC,you made me laugh out loud so hard in the library with the duct tape post. That was hilarious, even though everyone looked at me!

Anyway, Bronco, im really really picky about things like that, i get turned off easily. If its really bothering you, take care of it quickly, if not, no matter how good she looks, or how sexy she is in that mini skirt....she will always have the stache!! Good luck..

Md11lover