Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

luisca
Topic Author

Kerry To Campaign During RNC! Unbelievable

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:32 am

John Kerry will attend Rallies in Tennesse on Wednesday. In the Middle of the RNC, disrespecting the long standing tradition that the other candidate lays low during the Rivals convention. President Bush retreated to his Ranch during the 4 days of the DNC and had expected the same from Kerry, what has happend to gentlemanship.

jamesag96

RE: Kerry To Campaign During RNC! Unbelievable

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:35 am

Is anyone really surprised? Their campaign is running scared on all fronts.

Get ready to hear a bunch of crap from McCaulliffe, the Clintons and the like.

Business as usual.

Alpha 1

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:39 am

Their campaign is running scared on all fronts.

ROTFLMAO! You make Kerry sound like the incumbent in the fight for his life. Seems to me, this week is more crucial to Bush than Kerry at the moment. RWAK habits are hard to break, aren't they, James?

Get ready to hear a bunch of crap from McCaulliffe, the Clintons and the like.

You want to hear real shit? Watch the lies out of the RNC. But then again, you approve of these lies, James, so they won't bother you.

RWAK, baby.

what has happend to gentlemanship...

Ask the GOP. After the trashing of John McCain and of that Georgia Senator (who's name all of a sudden escapes me!), in 2000, you complain about somenone not being a gentleman.  Laugh out loud

What a twosome of crybabies.

b757300

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:48 am

No surprise at all. Democrats gave up any sense of honor long ago.

Alpha 1

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:52 am

No surprise at all. Democrats gave up any sense of honor long ago.

This from a RWAK member who's party he supports main kind of politics is character assassination. Keep going, Mr. RWAK, you're making a real special name for yourself, and it isn't a good one.  Laugh out loud

Mir

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:52 am

After the trashing of John McCain and of that Georgia Senator (who's name all of a sudden escapes me!)

Max Cleland, I believe.

what has happend to gentlemanship.

I've got news for you. There is no gentlemanship in politics anymore. It's become disgustingly dirty. And if the Kery campaign manages to get a few more votes out of it, and it's enough to win a state, then so much the better for them. Personally, I don't like the idea, but as long as it isn't illegal, Kerry can do it, and I'll support him in his effort to win.

jamesag96

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:54 am

Give me a break Alf...your Daddy, or "son" didn't get much of a bump after his convention during which Bush laid low...and now in a few polls Bush has gotten a bump...before the convention. Yeah I'd say they are more than a little worried.

Lies out of the RNC...have you ever watched McCaulliffe speak, or Pelosi, or Barb Boxer...those folks make me laugh.

And for all of his well tought out responses...see RWAK,baby...Alf still fails to properly address the issue raised. Not surprised though.

Alpha 1

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:54 am

Max Cleland, I believe.

Thank, Mir. Had a bit of a brain cramp there. Good rescue.  Smile

Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:05 pm

what has happend to gentlemanship.

It's somewhere on the shelf next to the GOP's conscience, empathy, and honesty.

B

rsmith6621a

Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:20 pm

A Quote from KomoTV in Seattle website.....

"Kerry plans to break from the tradition of staying off the trail during the opposing party's convention with a speech Wednesday at the American Legion. Aides said it had not been determined whether he would address the Vietnam-era controversy in his appearance before the country's largest veterans' organization"

http://komotv.com/stories/32787.htm

Is that all you RWAKs is Whine Whine Whine......He is just speaking to group of Vets.....I believe Mr W is speaking at the same event as well....Call it what it is..... a conflict of schedule.........Bush spends 40% of our time in Crawford so whats new????

Here is a link on GWBs Website.........

http://www.georgewbush.com/Calendar/CalendarDetail.aspx?ID=1794

So should W cancel his speech too..........Find somthing else to moan about....

L-188

Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:34 pm

Guys just take this failure to follow the traditions (which is all it is) for what it is.......

As sign that the Kerry camp believes that it is in trouble and needs to negate the bounce that Bush should get from his convention.....one that Kerry didn't get from his.

Alpha 1

Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:55 pm

Another ignorant statement from L-188. What else is new.

Kerry can campaign and still leave the spotlight to Bush. why should the opposition relax because their rival is taking the nomination? Amazing, you seem to condone character assassination as a legit form of campaigning, but you squeal like a stuck elephant on this one. Amusing, really.

L-188

Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:57 pm

Well Bush did it during Boston....

Why not Kerry during New York.

And avoid the critisim that will follow from him not following the tradition?

Reason.....his campaign is worried.

DeltaSFO

Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:57 pm

Another ignorant statement from L-188. What else is new.

Kerry can campaign and still leave the spotlight to Bush. why should the opposition relax because their rival is taking the nomination?

It's called tradition. But hey, liberals have never been known to be fond of that.

Duce50Boom

Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:06 pm

Fear not fellow republicans. Apparently we're all just ignorant RWAKs. Maybe when alpha1 figures out how to use his brain he'll think of something to say other than those two words. In the meantime I'll refer to alpha1 as an LWCS. You can figure out what CS means if you've ever had the 'pleasure' of being at the receiving end of one of his temper tantrums

Alpha 1

Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:32 pm

Refer to me however you want, sir. I'll just ignore your ass whenever you do it, and keep on going.

The thing is, such lables BOTHER you guys. They don't do shit to me. So fire away.

Duce50Boom

Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:57 pm

The thing is, such lables BOTHER you guys. They don't do shit to me. So fire away.

How about labeling you guys as traitors? You seem to get spun up about that one.....

luisca
Topic Author

Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:32 pm

The Fact is that if Bush would have pulled this stunt during the DNC you would have made such a HUGE fuss about it. Now that republicans are making it about you guys braking a tradition as old as the parties themselves, you say oh, it doesn't matter. HIPOCRITS.

And during the DNC Bush wasn't "doing nothing" at Crawford, he was working on creating the national intelligence director.

[Edited 2004-08-29 08:33:17]

cfalk

Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:38 pm

Doesn't matter. I was quite worried before, but I am feeling more and more confident that the final election numbers are going to turn out something similar to Reagan-Mondale in '84. I think Bush pretty much has it in the bag, as long as he can maintain everybody's motivation to actually vote.

By the way, I wonder what all this bruhaha will do to voter participation levels...

Charles

L-188

Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:44 pm

but I am feeling more and more confident that the final election numbers are going to turn out something similar to Reagan-Mondale in '84

Boy I wish I had that confidence.

B2707SST

Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:02 pm

but I am feeling more and more confident that the final election numbers are going to turn out something similar to Reagan-Mondale in '84

I'm not quite that confident, but the polls are starting to show upward movement for Bush -- and as Jamesag96, this is before the convention. In particular, Kerry's approval among veterans has dropped by 9 points; perhaps the SVFT attacks are beginning to bite him. Their second ad is far more effective than the first and will probably begin airing in more states soon.

Something also went down this week to spook the IEM presidential futures market on Kerry, breaking them out of a six-week trading range. I'm enough of a believer in efficient markets to suspect there's something behind it, especially since only the most hardcore political junkies trade on IEM.

If Bush can hold or gain in the polls after the convention, he will have the coveted Big M: momentum. If things continue to settle down in Iraq and the economy doesn't slip further, Bush's prospects will look pretty good. Still, the election is a long way away and plenty can happen between now and then. This one is going down to the wire.

--B2707SST

TWAMD-80

Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:32 pm

I must be ignorant, but could someone explain what RWAK is please??

TW

luisca
Topic Author

Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:21 am

For the last two months I was a bit worried, but I think that now, Unless Bush F***s up in the convention or later, he has it in the bag. He is winning in most of the swing states at this moment.

JeffM

Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:14 am

They need all the help they can get obviously. Maybe he plans on telling this group about his military service. LOL... Could be they are the last 100 people that have not heard it 5 times.

N6376M

Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:52 am

this is great news for the President. Every poll I've seen indicates that the more people see of Kerry the less they like him. Remember, Kerry's numbers fell during his convention.

Kerry's best hope to make up the ground is the debates where he will try to get GWB to address some of his policy failures -most notably, Iraq.

The problem is that the debates will be a double edge sword for Kerry. Everyone already knows that GWB is a bad public speaker - therefore expectations are low for him. If he survives, he'll have done enough. On the other hand, the expactation for Kerry will be very high. He'll need to hit one out of the park during the debates or people will say that he fell short - that's exactly what happened during the DNC. Expect the GOP spin doctors to be talking up Kerry in the debates and saying how worried the president is about debating him.

This expectation gap is going to be even greater for Edwards because everyone expects the former trial lawyer to be able to verbally kick the shit out of the VP.

[Edited 2004-08-29 18:53:07]

luv2fly

Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:11 am

TWAMD-80

I believe it stands for RWAK = Right Wing Ass kissers!!!!

Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:36 am

I am feeling more and more confident that the final election numbers are going to turn out something similar to Reagan-Mondale in '84

It's comments like that and "Teresa Kerry is the worst example of a human being I've ever seen" that make you look like a complete nutjob, Charles. Awesome pictures, but you're off your rocker.

I'm not quite that confident, but the polls are starting to show upward movement for Bush -- and as Jamesag96, this is before the convention. In particular, Kerry's approval among veterans has dropped by 9 points; perhaps the SVFT attacks are beginning to bite him.

Unfortunately, it's true. But you said it yourself, they are in fact, attacks. Nothing more. There's no truth behind them, and the SBVL's can't prove anything. Kerry is hurting because of this for two factors: A) The GOP will stoop to any level, will do anything, nothing is off limits, to make sure their man wins. It doesn't matter if their man is destroying this country (and indeed even though Bush is enjoying a slight bump in the polls, still people think the country is going down the wrong road and we need a change, by something like a 3-1 margin) As long as they can make the opponent look bad by character assassination, insults, and outright lies, they're doing their job. Now, there's no sense in spewing this trash unless there's an audience right? B) Too many stupid people are willing to buy into their schtick. This country is full of people who either don't care, or are too ignorant to research. It's sad state of affairs when the GOP can walk up to you, shit in your hand, and you eat it up.

We're a negative country. We want controversy and mud slinging. We WANT to be lied to. The truth scares us. The GOP plays up to that, and in a way I cant blame them.

Their second ad is far more effective than the first and will probably begin airing in more states soon.

The one where they take his testimony out of context to make it look like he's attacking his fellow veterans? Classic. I hope they are proud of themselves.

B

JeffM

Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:58 am

" It's sad state of affairs when the GOP can walk up to you, shit in your hand, and you eat it up."

Hey Brian, put some of your man Kerry's ketchup on it... I'm sure his wife will appreciate the support. She is going to need it if she is going to have to find him a job in her company.... LOL priceless...

[Edited 2004-08-29 20:22:06]

Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:09 am

Hey Brian, put some of your man Kerry's ketchup on it... I'm sure his wife will appreciate the support. She is going to need it if she is going to have to find him a job in her company.... LOL priceles...

Priceless? Wow, and you italicized it! You must be so proud of yourself!

Good job Jeffie! You get the gold star for today!

B

JeffM

Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:22 am

Hey thanks! Missed that one. I'll put your little star next to the others..  Big grin

Schoenorama

Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:26 am

Check out this site for the latest polls:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

This site tracks the state-by-state polls.

At time of this posting, Kerry has 270 against Bush 259.

SSTjumbo

Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:01 am

Weren't the democrats complaining that Bush tried to steal Kerry's thunder after the DNC with his new terrorist threats? Fine if they did, but justifying Kerry's campaigning during the RNC is downright hypocritical. Sad that I have to call that one.

MaverickM11

Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:06 am

" the long standing tradition that the other candidate lays low during the Rivals convention."

Really? Is this actually a tradition? I don't see why one circle jerk should cease in deference to another circle jerk...