Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NWA742
Topic Author

Another Bush-Hater Takes It Too Far...

Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:32 pm

Found on another forum:

Consider the plight of an anti-Bushie from the state of Washington:

Dear Larry,

Last Thursday I put out one of my Bush/Cheney signs in my front yard. Between midnight and 3:00 a.m. someone stole it. On Friday night I put out sign No. 2. Since I didn't have to get up early, I thought my dog and I would "stake out" our sign. This time I put the sign a little closer to the gate leading to my backyard. With my dog on an extra long leash, I planted myself on a lawn chair and read "Unfit for Command" by flashlight until about 1:00 a.m. Here comes the fun part . . . I noticed that the car coming down the street was slowing down and pulling over to the curb right next to my yard. Sure enough, he gets out of his car and heads right for my sign. Just as he was about to uproot and desecrate it, I opened my gate and let my dog make the initial introduction! As he ran to hide behind the rear end of his car, I promptly moved to the driver-side door, which was still open. It was a fairly nice car with power everything and still running. While my dog continued to "introduce" herself, I rolled up the window and hit the power door lock button. With that, I slammed the door, grabbed my Bush sign and headed into the back yard.

And now for the "rest of the story." About 40 minutes later, I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door to one of our city's finest . . . the Vancouver Police Department. The officer asked me what was going on and when I told him, he could not stop laughing! I followed him out to the perp's car and stood there while he asked the guy a few more questions. Upon learning that the guy lived a couple of streets down, I -- knowing what was about to happen -- asked him, "Why do you have Oregon plates on your car if you live just down the street (here in Vancouver, Wash.)?" Larry, Oregon has no sales tax, so often Washington residents will buy and register cars in Oregon to avoid paying sales tax . . . it's a crime and the fine is pretty stiff. Here comes the best part. . . . The look on this guy's face told me he knew he was about to get busted. When the officer asked for his license and registration, the "Democrat" mumbled that (his license) was suspended. Just for kicks and giggles I asked the officer if he smelled any alcohol coming from the guy! The officer looked at me, smiled and promptly gave him a field breathalyzer test. Guess what? You got it, he blew a .10, legally drunk in the state of Washington.

DUI, illegal registration and the brand of "MORON," all 'cause he hates Bush!

Regards

-NWA742

[Edited 2004-10-01 07:34:19]

L-188

RE: Another Bush-Hater Taking It Too Far...

Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:35 pm

I love it!!!

Nice to see one of Kerry's suporters get what is comming to them.

There have been a couple of instances where our Republican senate canidate's campaign headquarters have been vandalized, but none so far for the democrat canidate.

Which shows how much more ethical and law abiding republicans generally speaking are (no offense)

QIguy24

RE: Another Bush-Hater Takes It Too Far...

Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:42 pm

Hehe...

What a stupid dumbass. I really hope he gets a very high fine for this. I know in Denmark if you do a stunt like that with your license and registration you will get a fine of approximetly 10.000$.

But for the rest of the story, I'm almost sure there's a republican somewhere who has done exactly the same stunt Big grin
But once again we se this shit throwing between Dems and Reps. Don't you guys ever grow up?  Big grin

[Edited 2004-10-01 07:49:21]

ATLhomeCMH

Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:17 am

L-188:

Nice to see one of Kerry's suporters get what is comming to them.

What, exactly, is "coming" to those of us who support Kerry? And I won't hold it against you that you didn't spell "supporters" correctly, either.

There have been a couple of instances where our Republican senate canidate's campaign headquarters have been vandalized, but none so far for the democrat canidate.

This type of thing happens everywhere...on both sides of the ticket. Here in the Columbus, OH suburb of Upper Arlington, a Republican man was driving around in his mini-van and using his 13 year-old daughter to grab Kerry signs off the side of the road and out of people's yards.

Which shows how much more ethical and law abiding republicans generally speaking are (no offense)

Yea, he's real "law-abiding" and "ethical". I'd like to see you prove that moronic statement based on fact: Annual FBI Crime Reports Statistics that incorporate political affiliation as an indicator or predictor of crime. Good luck.

The simple fact is that Bush supporters...and Kerry supporters...and even Nader supporters...should be able to display the signs of their chosen candidate w/out fear of reprisal.

Stealing campaign signs, actually, is a Federal crime b/c it infringes on the right of someone to exercise their First Amendment rights.

Even I, a Democrat and avid Kerry supporter, think justice was served in this entertaining story.  Smile

dtwclipper

Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:25 am

How do we know he was a Demorcrat?

Could have been a Naderite, a Libertarian, or any number of third party activist.

delta-flyer

Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:57 am

He-he - that's a good story, and the guy you busted "had it coming to him"

But that's hardly an indictment of democrats. Though I will vote for Kerry, I do not drive around drunk with an out-of-state license plate violating other people's property. You will not find a republican who is any more honest or law-abiding than I.

But then again, I'm an independent, not a democrat, so you guys may be right!

Pete

Falcon84

Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:45 am

Every Kerry yard sign was taken in my parents' neighborhood last week, including my folks, and there were a lot of them. Of course the Bush signs went untouched.

Although anyone who is reading "Unfit For Command" at 1am by flashlight, may also qualify as a "moron".  Smile

vafi88

Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:47 am

would "stake out" our sign. This time I put the sign a little closer to the gate leading to my backyard. With my dog on an extra long leash, I planted myself on a lawn chair and read "Unfit for Command" by flashlight until about 1:00 a.m.

Well, at least this hillbilly knows how to read...

LHMark

Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:53 am

I'm glad you put the kybosh on some asshole doing an assholical thing, but your description addresses a concern I've had for a while.

Why do people always forget that "Democrats" and "Republicans" aren't mortal enemies but part of the same process? Each party is just as American as the other.

Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:02 am

Although anyone who is reading "Unfit For Command" at 1am by flashlight, may also qualify as a "moron".

Dood, you beat me to it! Big grin

When I read that I could almost hear the theme from "Deliverence".

B

FrequentFlyKid

Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:40 am

As entertaining as your story is it is equally exaggerated. The "perp," as you call him, was surely not arrested for DUI. First of all, the blood-alcohol concentration limit in Washington State (and every other state and D.C., except Minnesota) is 0.08, not 0.10. Second, field breathlyzers are NOT admissible in court and aren't even used anymore. Last, and most importantly, the police officer could not charge this person with driving under the influence because there is no proof that he drove. In law enforcement it's not what you know, but what you can prove.

Blackbird1331

Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:57 am

The only thing missing from the story was a bight by the dog. But that's good for the dog, he might have gotten blood poisoning.

I find all those signs clutter up the neighborhood scenery. The voting booth is where your opinions should be voiced.

aa777flyer

Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:21 am

would "stake out" our sign. This time I put the sign a little closer to the gate leading to my backyard. With my dog on an extra long leash, I planted myself on a lawn chair and read "Unfit for Command" by flashlight until about 1:00 a.m.<:i>

Must be nice to have soooo much free time.

galaxy5

Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:39 am

i was working a poll today, it was a non-biased un partisan poll for "delaware for Tomorrow" here are my results. Thought this might be interesting for some of you, i know others will, well you know.

Polling data For Bush/Kerry
Elections of 2004
Data Acquired for “Delaware for Tomorrow”
02 Oct 2004
106 persons polled
65 female
41 male

60 persons selected Bush (22 male, 38 female) approx 56.6%
46 persons selected Kerry (19 male, 27 female) approx 43.3%

With a 95% confidence interval.

Kerry

Bush

AzoresLover

Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:48 am

There are idiots in BOTH parties that get carried away, shouldn't be a reflection on ANY candidate...a candidate can't control that kind of thing where an individual decides to demonstrate how moronic he is.

Our system still works just fine, thank you, and I certainly don't see any reason to change it (not that anyone here has suggested that, I'm just making a point).

DC10GUY

Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:32 am

See what a neo-con police state can do !!! Bravo !!! Maybe next time the guy could ask the cop to shoot the liberal scum ???

DeltaGuy

Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:53 am

Thank you DC10guy...you finally said something really worth doing  Smile

Brilliant..just brilliant...wish there was more of this going on!Thanks for sharing NWA747  Big thumbs up

DeltaGuy

NWA742
Topic Author

Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:56 am

Frequentflykid, this isn't my story. Read the post.

-NWA742

Continental

Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:09 pm

Sounds like BS to me. It's just a guy who had his sign stolen, and he felt so mad about it, that he made up this entire scenario to make himself feel better.

airtran737

Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:25 pm

Thats an awesome story. Had it have been me, I would have introduced him to my Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag shotgun.

airplay

Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:17 pm

How do we know he was a Demorcrat?

If it was a Republican, he wouldn't have stolen the sign. He would have shot it. Or burned it...

Continental

Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:49 pm

I like how everything in the story was tied together, it all seemed to go his fancy way, I suppose next he had sex in an all female orgy...