Although not everybody has had a chance to vote for one of the dates or have a preferred date, we think it already gives a clear idea by now:
Close call, I think it is fair to say that there is no obvious winner...
We would like to thank you for voting and let us know your preferences.
From the input and feedback you gave us, we have some considerations:
- people from over the atlantic prefer a February meet because of the fares and seat availability,
- a February meet could be held at DUB
because of the milder climate there,
- people point out that there is lots to do and see in FRA
- people from the mainland are concerned about the weather and cold conditions in FRA
during February and prefer April,
- there is a large number of people who can attend the weekend of 19/20 and 9/10,
- there is a large number of people who don't really care about a date, as long
as there is a bar,
Like Sander already said, before we get even more dates and plans, we should
really come down to a choice.
The alternative plan of a 19/20 Feb weekend in DUB
and 2 months later a 9/10 APR meeting in FRA
sounds very reasonable, something for everyone! It looks like there will be slightly more attendees at FRA
(it would be very nice if as many people could go to FRA
, as there were for AMS
). We would love to continue with making plans for the 9/10 april FRA
Later next year you can mark your calenders for the Paris meeting and hopefully in August/September we have a chance to do a meeting outside Europe (like New York), or what has been proposed (although there haven't been any serious thinking going on about it) an AMS
Thank you again for your voting and patience. This is getting a very hard decision, because different people want to do different things. But realistically, it is impossible to please everyone.
My gear: Nikon, Sony, Red, Sachtler etc.