Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

trijetfan1
Topic Author

Vomiting At School

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:59 am

WOW, while I was in my global studies class and I heard a "BLLLLLLAAAAAHHHH" sound in the hallway. This kid puked all over.
Any experiences?
Earned PPL June 26, 2007

aa61hvy

RE: Vomiting At School

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:03 am

I was walking to work one morning and a kid puked in the bushes, presumably too hungover from the night before.
Go big or go home

dan2002

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:06 am

Just yesterday half of the kids were, or were ready too chuck. Ive puked a few times in school, but most of the time, made it to the bathroom or trash can. This year, my target is the new carpeting, they wont let me go to the bathroom if im sick, so I guess ill have no choice  Big grin.

-Dan
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

prosa

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:14 am

I barfed right in front of my 7th-grade class one Friday afternoon. It was so embarassing I almost wanted to die.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

ArmitageShanks

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:41 am

I've puked at school one time. I was in kindergarten and I was really feeling bad all day, so just before we went to lunch I was standing in line and I puked all over the floor and my shoes. All I remember after that was the janitor bringing that kitty litter stuff and the teacher helping me clean up my vomit soaked shoes.

ConcordeBoy

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:03 am

It's been so long since I've reportedly done that (toddler age), I don't remember the experience.  Yeah sure
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

OB1504

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:08 am

I puked all over a computer at school two years ago. Damn food poisoning. On the bright side, I got a free puke-covered computer. Sold it for parts on E-bay...

And last year we had a NASTY stomach flu going through the class. 14 students spewed all over everything they could find. I almost puked from seeing all the vomit...

And that night I was booked on a LAN MIA-LIM flight, so I just ran away from everyone in fear.

CaptOveur

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:09 am

A few weeks ago a pregnant woman upchucked in my lit class... Luckily she was at the other end of the row from me.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

PHLBOS

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:21 am

Back when I was in third grade, I felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach. The whole class was sitting on their chairs lined in a circle while the teacher was going over a lesson. I went towards the teacher to ask if I could exit to use the bathroom. However, I couldn't even get the words out; I already felt something coming up.

I place my hand over my mouth and my teacher replied (she knew what was about to happen), "RUN!"

Too late, the moment I turned to head towards the door; SPLAT! It hit the floor and spread out like puddle. The whole class evacuated the room.

Needless to say, I went home early that day.

[Edited 2004-11-02 23:22:19]
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

trijetfan1
Topic Author

Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:16 am

Anyone ever puked in public before a lot of people or have the experience?
Earned PPL June 26, 2007

redngold

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:37 am

Well, I wasn't in grade school, but I was in college... *NO, it's not what you think*

I had been in marching band camp all day and ate at the dining hall with everyone else. Then in the last few minutes of break time I had left, I went to visit the daughter of my high school English teacher (He had asked me to watch out for her.) She was sick in bed, and said she had fallen in the bathroom and hit her head when she felt faint. I encouraged her to go to the student health services, which was just a few hundred feet away from her dorm.

As the evening practice went on, I started feeling really weird -- hot flashes, dizzy, definitely sick. I ran out of practice and went to the bathroom, where I spent some time taking deep breaths and trying to compose myself. I finished practice, but we had uniform fitting afterwards. I felt so sick I thought I was going to pass out. When I was standing there with one of my classmates fitting my uniform, I actually told her to hurry up because I was going to faint. I think she could tell how sick I was because she had this weird look on her face. (Not to mention how I must have looked.)

Well, I didn't faint there, but as I walked out the back door of the rehearsal hall, I collapsed. Luckily I had made it up the cement ramp and on to the grass -- I was going to walk next door to campus security and ask for a ride to my dorm because I was so sick. I didn't make it that far.

So there I was, lying face-down on the ground next to a puddle of vomit when the campus security officer drove up (probably the end of his shift) and found me. I was semi-conscious and heard him say "Oh, &%[email protected] not another one!" and call for the ambulance. Within a few moments I was conscious enough to speak and I said, "I swear I'm not drunk." (The beginning of the school year at U.D. was notorious for alcohol poisoning cases.) He said, "I believe you... I've been taking sick kids to Laurel Hall all night (the health service.)"

So I got a free ambulance ride to Laurel, where I was put in a triage area (luckily I got to lie down on a stretcher instead of having to sit in a hard chair, because I had passed out) and... threw up a half dozen more times. Every time I was sure it would be the last time, but once I was vomiting bile I realized it wasn't going away.

The State of Delaware conducted an investigation of nearly 100 cases of acute gastroenteritis on campus in two separate outbreaks. They were unable to determine the exact cause, but believe that it was caused by a Norwalk-type virus, possibly transmitted through cross-contamination between iced food (i.e. chilled, not frozen.)

Oh, BTW... After staying overnight in Laurel, I woke up in the morning to find my English teacher standing in the hall near my cot (that's how bad it was, some of us slept on cots in the hallways)... His daughter had followed my advice and was in a bed nearby. But both of us had been so sick that neither knew the other was there.

It took me almost a month before I could eat normally again.

redngold
Up, up and away!

prosa

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:42 am

Too late, the moment I turned to head towards the door; SPLAT! It hit the floor and spread out like puddle. The whole class evacuated the room.

That's very similar to my seventh-grade Technicolor Yawn incident. I ran toward the classroom door trying to get to the donicker, but blew chunks just before I made it to the doorway.

JAGflyer

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:49 am

Once that I remember. I had the stomach flu and I guess I went back to school too early. I remember it was about Grade 1 or 2. I was going to the washroom when I suddenly... clear liquid on the floor.

Vomiting, the worst thing in my opinion.
If you flew today, thank a Flight Dispatcher!

USAFHummer

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:49 am

I got puked on on the bus ride to the airport during our senior class trip...not my proudest moment but I'm still bothered that the girl who threw up on me (it was from behind, had no warning, basically had to get rid of my sweatshirt due to the vomit), didn't make an effort to do it away from people (several others were splattered, I had it the worst), and never apologized after the fact...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

NWFltAttendant

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:20 pm

I had a good one in first grade. I puked all over...i couldnt believe how much i puke oh man !!!!!!!! To make things worse, I got it all over my hands and and then like a twerpy first grader, started shaking my hands to get it off, thus spraying it all over the room.. little vomit dots.. LOL Kinda went home after that.  Smokin cool
Go yakkin !!!!!!

tt737fo

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:28 pm

I went to grade school years ago and never once puked in school (until college), nor in public.

That's not to say others in grade school around me didn't puke...they did.

One thing I will always remember, with a strange fascination, is that our school gym teacher would always be the one to clean up the remnants of a poor student's upchucking. This guy's name was Mr Wolf; he was about 60 years old and a daytime alcoholic--yep he hit the bottle in the equipment cage or in his cubby hole office overlooking the gym floor. He would wear various color munsingwear penguin golf shirts with plaid pants (that may have matched) and low cut Chuck Connors shoes--every day. Pants never changed, only his shirt.

Mr Wolf had this brown bag of magical, twinkly flakes and powder that he would pour over the puke puddle--wherever it may be. Zappo! The puke, viscous fluid, and tater-tot food chunks would turn into fairy dust with one pour of the sack. Then Mr Wolf would unceremoniously sweep (not mop!) the mess into a dust pan with a flick of the wrist.

Even though the school had a plush janitorial staff, Mr Wolf must have had a clause in his contract that he and only he was qualified to clean up bodily fluids. I must have seen a dozen vomitings in Elementary School and Mr Wolf had them all covered. Was it because of his magic powder that only he had a patent on? Dunno! Maybe it was because gym class caused the highest number (statistically of pukings) and only Mr Wolf was trained on hazmat spills? Could be!

Needless to say, around Lake Bluff School Mr Wolf may have had his faults (drinking, wardrobe, 1970 Matador Wagon), but he was the man with a plan when someone did the ole technicolor yawn.

-Little Sean just puked outside the boy's room! No problem...Mr Wolf's got your back!

-Laura just threw up in the auditorium during the choir presentation! Think nothing of it, Mr Wolf is there in the front row!

-Jerry had an accident in the lunch line! No worries! Mr Wolf is the lunchroom monitor today!

God bless educators like Mr Wolf! He kept our school environment puke free and taught thousands of us how to play a crisp, clean game of Newcomb.

Continental

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:47 pm

I've only puked at school for being over-worked.

During the school year I did speed treadmill which includes speed burst intervals up inclined surfaces. It came to the point where I was in the bathroom of the weightroom puking all over, trying to catch my breath. It was that bad.

Same thing in the summer except I puked outside. Also, it was during workout activities as a group with the same coach. Ha, glad that's over forever!

DLKAPA

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:52 pm

Walking around campus it is not uncommon to find several Yak's along the paths...
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

USAFHummer

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:32 pm

College doesn't count Eric...there's loads of semi-legitmate reasons for American college students to randomly vomit on campus...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

FDXmech

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:46 am

Puking on door knobs, menstruating on chairs, peeing in ones pants, pooping on the bus; these are common occurances to one's school experience which are funny in retrospect but difficult when it happens.

With the exception of menstruating, these are still common events to me to this day.
You're only as good as your last departure.

prosa

Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:00 am

Puking on door knobs, menstruating on chairs, peeing in ones pants, pooping on the bus; these are common occurances to one's school experience which are funny in retrospect but difficult when it happens.
With the exception of menstruating, these are still common events to me to this day.

If we're ever on a bus together, remind me not to sit anywhere near you

FDXmech

Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:21 am

>>>If we're ever on a bus together, remind me not to sit anywhere near you<<<

Why? I told you I don't menstruate. Does flatulance count too?

prosa

Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:29 am

Does flatulance count too?

Unless I've got a nasty cold and my nose is completely clogged, I'd have to say yes  Smokin cool

MattCLE

Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:31 am

3rd grade. Right before Gym class. I think that was the only time.
Bear Claw, Free Fall, A Gunner's View

FDXmech

Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:32 am

Boy are you picky. That's OK, I have high standards too. That's why when the bus is empty, they'll ask, "Why are those two guys sitting together".  Smile

fritzi

Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:26 am

It happened to me 2 moths ago while at the University. The day before our class of 60 people had been at a dinner and later we partied. Of course I managed to get piss drunk along with a few others. I finally fell asleep at a friends place at 4 AM.

The bad part was that we had a four hour long lecture the next day at 8 am. After about 10 am I start feeling really bad, so I run out of the classroom and down the hall to the toilets. Half way there I start vomiting but I luckily enough managed to hold it in my mouth until I got to the toilet.

When I got back to the classroom I had 40 faces staring and smiling at me! Big grin

tristarenvy

Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:37 am

I'm a "peer-puker" Meaning: If YOU puke and I see it, I'm puking too". Was so much fun when wife was pregnant.....

I tossed my cookies only once in school, my junior year, walking to a class. Had a nervous stomach, and parents divorce was making me crazy. I just made it look like I was on the ground looking for something.
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

Convair990

Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:53 am

I puked twice from what I can remember.

In third grade I puked all over a seat on the school bus one morning.....as soon as I arrived at school I was obviously sent home....

In fifth grade my class went on a field trip and just after I ate, it happened again.....I was sent back to guess where to rest and relax.....the "cheesewagon" of all places..........LOL Big grin
The University of Georgia Bulldogs are girlie men!!