Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Bofredrik
Topic Author

I Called The Police... "No. Nothing For Us".

Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:12 am

I have called the police 3 times in the last year. It would be interesting to hear what you think. Is it better or worse in your country to get the police to come?

1. I see a man who is beating people in the street. He is screaming and seems to be in bad mental condition. He hits old people, children, women etc. I call the police but... "No. Nothing for us. We have no policeman to send..."

2. A aprox. 5 year old child is asking people for money in the city center. He is alone. I can not see any mother or father around him. I call the police but... "No. Nothing for us. We have no policeman to send..."

3. A older man is selling alcohol to very young children around the corner of a store. "No. Nothing for us. We have no policeman to send..."

All this examples is something that the police SHOULD come for but they say that they are to busy/or that it is not so important.

What do you think?

DLKAPA

RE: I Called The Police... "No. Nothing For Us".

Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:09 am

I think it is time for you to take your safety into your own hands and start a vigilante movement.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Delta767300ER

Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:25 am

I am a Dispatcher for a police department and I have to say sadly their is some PD/SO's that are like that which is crap. My dept would send an officer to everyone of those scenarios.

-Delta767300ER

Staffan

Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:08 am

Personally I haven't had problems like this, but on the other hand I haven't had to call the police so many times. But it's a sad fact that police can't respond to every call and must pick the ones they think are most important.

BTW, I'm still trying to figure out what free healthcare has to do with this??

Staffan

Staffan

Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:55 am

If you think free health care is what's taking money away from other things in this country you are way off.

Staffan

air2gxs

Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:59 am

Everytime I've called the police the response has been immediate. Kids walking the highway, lost kids, car wrecks, someone breaking into a car. All responses quick and professional.

Funny story, (it is now, scared to death when it happened). I was the riding chief officer on my fire department when I lived in KY. We were dispatched to an apartment fire at 2am. I was first on scene with nothing showing. As I was verifying the address with radio I was approached by a man asking me what was happening. I told him we had a report of an apartment fire. He said "not apartment fire, gunfire". I notified radio and had police on scene in less than 1 minute (seemed like an hour).

Police has always been there when I needed them.

L-188

Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:55 pm

Learn this phrase.

"I think he might have a gun"

That will get them moving.

I don't know who it is in Sweden but in the US the police have legal requirement to actually protect you from or respond to crime. You can't sue them if they don't show up.

It is up to the citizen to take the proper steps to protect themselves.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

coboeing777

Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:21 pm

"Learn this phrase.

"I think he might have a gun"

Yeah, and then when I get into an accident or mow one of your family members down as they cross the street when I respond to a call with lights and sirens on because u FALSELY reported a gun involved, you'll just try and sue the city or police department right? Good thinking...

L-188

Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:24 pm

You don't tell them that he has one.

You tell them you think you saw one.

Big difference.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

AGC525

Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:44 pm

This reminds me of a joke I get e-mailed every once in a while.

A guy wakes up in his sleep and notices several persons breaking into his shed out back and stealing equipment. He calls the police and tells them, but the dispatcher says their too busy and can't send anyone right now. he waits a few minutes and calls 911 back and tells the dispatcher "nevermind, I just shot all of them". Well in a few minutes tons of cops show up and catch the robbers red handed. The police ask him "I thought you said you shot them?" and he replies "I though you said you were busy"

Smile
American Aviation: From Kitty Hawk to the Moon in 66 years!

777ER
Head Moderator

Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:16 pm

This year I have called the police three times and each time there has been a police car outside my house within 5 minutes. Today I was the victim of road rage. I was talking to the police on the hand held while I was driving and within 5 minutes I had a Highway Patrol, Police car behind me with its lights flashing. I have never had any problems with getting help when its been needed.
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

itsjustme

Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:00 am

You don't tell them that he has one.

You tell them you think you saw one.

"Boy who cried wolf" ring any bells?