Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Superfly
Topic Author

Jenna Bush To Become A School Teacher

Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:34 am

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/15/jenna.bush.ap/index.html

"President Bush's daughter Jenna plans to live in the District of Columbia and teach at a public school serving low-income children."

Kudos to Jenna of deciding on being a school teacher.  Smokin cool

Bring back the Concorde

dl021

RE: Jenna Bush To Become A School Teacher

Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:42 am

She already worked in Harlem as a school teacher..quit to work on the campaign....they just did not make a huge deal out of it.

Both of the Bush twins seem to be relatively normal girls.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

jasepl

Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:42 am

Muy interesante... Is she going to lead by example?

Superfly
Topic Author

Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:47 am

DL021:
I did read about that. Politics aside, Jenna Bush is my favorite Bush.
I really would like to spend some time with Jenna's Bush.
She is the kind of Republican I like. > Acting devilish
Bring back the Concorde

LHMark

Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:32 am

Maybe she can teach the 'substance abuse' chapter in health class.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

MaverickM11

Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:52 am

"Maybe she can teach the 'substance abuse' chapter in health class.
"

*Sigh* If everyone that ever drank underage or experimented with pot was banned from teaching, you'd have about three teachers and they'd all be allergic to alcohol and/or pot.

[Edited 2004-12-16 01:56:56]
I don't take responsibility at all

LHMark

Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:30 am

Good point, Maverick. It would be a shame to ban her and not utilize her skills.

She could teach the "Cocktails" lesson in Home Ec.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

ordflyer

Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:04 pm

*Sigh* If everyone that ever drank underage or experimented with pot was banned from teaching, you'd have about three teachers and they'd all be allergic to alcohol and/or pot.
True, but the Bush twins aren't your average girls. I can feel for them trying to have a good time in college while having to deal with the public spotlight, but I'm sorry...if your father is President of the United States you need excercise some good judgement and make a few sacrifices that normal teenagers may not have to worry so much about. For starters...how about not breaking the law!

DC10GUY

Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:29 pm

And she's got nice titties too !!!!
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

jaysit

Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:30 pm

I hear that Jenna is a great fag hag - and a party girl. Thats the perfect combo in a woman, I think.

Actually thats a pretty damn good combo in a Republican. If more republicans were fag hag party girls, the world would be a better place.

So here's a toast to Jenna. Bottoms up, Presidential offspring babe.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

Superfly
Topic Author

Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:42 am

ORDflyer:
if your father is President of the United States you need excercise some good judgement and make a few sacrifices that normal teenagers may not have to worry so much about. For starters...how about not breaking the law!

Well said!
Can you imagine the amount of hell the Republicans would have raised if Chelsea Clinton was a drunken party girl in public?
Chelsea Clinton and Amy Carter were very proper you ladies with lots of class.

DC10guy:
And she's got nice titties too !!!!

Agreed!  Big thumbs up

Jaysit:
If more republicans were fag hag party girls, the world would be a better place.

I agree as long as there gay male friends don't stand in the way of us hooking up. They can't go shopping nor go out dancing at clubs that play awful trance music with you guys if Superfly wants them for the weekend.  Laugh out loud

Bring back the Concorde

CaptOveur

Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:04 am

I guess no current school teachers EVER partied in college.

Guess what.. Most school teachers coming out of college now were party animals. Why? Maybe because the only thing less demanding than studying sociology, afro-american studies or women's studies is fulfilling the requirements for a teachers certificate. I know some people graduating pretty soon who want to be teachers, not only are their classes easy but there are virtually no GPA requirements to get a job many places.

She may have done a lot of stuff in college, but most if not all schools will have a pre-employment drug screen and may even do random screenings, so if she actually gets the job you can bet she's clean.

I really think this is a non-story. But then again, most of what comes out about the personal lives of the Bushes is a non-story.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Stratofish

Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:36 am

Now, if only we could get her to (successfully) teach someone else...

Sorry, could't resist Big grin
The Metro might be the Sub(optimal)way

prosa

Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:28 am

Maybe because the only thing less demanding than studying sociology, afro-american studies or women's studies is fulfilling the requirements for a teachers certificate

You forgot "communications and media studies"  Smokin cool
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

CPH-R

Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:32 am

She already worked in Harlem as a school teacher..quit to work on the campaign....they just did not make a huge deal out of it.

Are you kidding? It was all over the news - though I don't think she ever started that job. It just quietly faded away, when the campaign ended.

Let's just hope that she can teach her own father enough to actually READ the PDB's he get. There might be some clues in them, that could prevent another 9/11.

jaysit

Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:55 am

Maybe because the only thing less demanding than studying sociology, afro-american studies or women's studies is fulfilling the requirements for a teachers certificate.

"Afro-American" studies is a composite degree where you focus on african american history, literature, etc. Its as demanding as any English or History degree.

Try writing a cohesive and cogent thesis on Wallace Thurman's effects on the Harlem renaissance. It aint easy.

Any major is a challenge if you strive to excel at it.

In any case, some of the smartest people I know are party girls (and boys). Tossing down a few cocktails with friends on a Saturday night in no way prevents one from performing at their job on a Monday.

CaptOveur

Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:08 am

"Its as demanding as any English or History degree."

Thats my point, it's a blow off degree for people who have no desire to find employment. That is why I roll it in with HR, education, communications, sociology, underwater basketweaving etc. Just read and write papers, no real thinking or learning involved. I guess if your only desire in life is to get a law degree or something, great.

I agree, however, that partying your ass off really has no bearing on how smart you are. In order to party your ass off and still graduate with decent grades you have to be a pretty good time manager and pretty bright as well.. The one thing college teaches all that finish is self-discipline.

I really don't get why certain members of this board start a thread every time a Bush daughter farts.

[Edited 2004-12-17 20:21:42]
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

whitehatter

Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:10 am

underwater basketweaving

Isn't that something to do with lesbians?
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

jaysit

Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:27 am

Just read and write papers, no real thinking or learning involved.

I must disagre and suggest you re-evaluate your own thinking and learning. Reading and writing papers is what thinking and learning is all about. In all disciplines.

I received an engineering and a science degree from MIT. But I valued my liberal arts classes and my unfinished Political science (thats a "government" degree at other schools) degree far more than all my hardcore science and math classes. The complexities of human history and thought are far more daunting than a PDE or a genetic research challenge.

One of the reasons why the US system of education at the collegiate level is so incredible is that we are not forced to pursue just one subject. Others may disagree, but I find the American system of education with its liberal arts core to be the finest in the world. It allows one to major in, say, Physics, and still be conversant in history, politics, literature, etc.

Superfly
Topic Author

Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:41 am

Captoveur:
Whoa calm down. No one is insulting Jenna Bush here. In fact I had some kind words for her.
Bring back the Concorde

SlamClick

Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:12 am

Submitting papers in college is hardly an intellectual act. The ghosting of these papers is a gigantic cottage industry. A fair percentage of the work-at-homers write college papers for a living. There are large companies that broker these jobs. I would be surprised to learn that one college paper in ten was student-written.

Back to the topic.

"...if your father is President of the United States you need excercise some good judgement and make a few sacrifices that normal teenagers may not have to worry so much about. For starters...how about not breaking the law!"

Partisan crap!

How about if you ARE President of the United States and making a sacrifice where internes are involved.

I'd say that if your father is a respected doctor, lawyer or native American tribal functionary you have an obligation to exercise some good judgement.

The Bush twins are not employees or elected officials of the USG. They owe you and me nothing. What they owe their father is between them and their father. (and perhaps vice versa)

Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

dl757md

Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:48 am

Can you imagine the amount of hell the Republicans would have raised if Chelsea Clinton was a drunken party girl in public?

You're probably right but it was a lot easier for Bill and Hillary to control the public exposure of a teenager than it is for W and Laura to control that of a twenty something.

Chelsea Clinton and Amy Carter were very proper you ladies with lots of class.

Chelsea and Amy were much younger than Jenna during their father's terms. Amy was 9-13 and Chelsea was 12-20. Also don't forget about the pictures of Chelsea stumbling drunk leaving The Embassy Club in London's Mayfair. Nothing against Chelsea, I don't have a problem with the children of sitting or past presidents kicking up their heels. Everyone does it. Jenna and Barbara paid for their mistakes. Get over it. It's part of growing up.

[Edited 2004-12-18 01:50:11]
757 Most beautiful airliner in the sky!

SlamClick

Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:04 am

Does anyone get it? The entire content of this thread is gossip.
You are all a bunch of gossips.

There is no dressing it up with public issues, even sleazy public issues like partisanship. It is simple gossip.

Gossip.

SlamClick

Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:18 am

Superfly you need to look up the word gossip.

The Peterson trial is an issue of at least some social importance as it dealt with two significant issues:
  • Can a conviction for murder be obtained on circumstantial evidence alone?

• Will a liberal state like California impose the death penalty where recommended by a jury.

• Michael Jackson is a public referendum on celebrity worship which, arguably has replaced religion in the Western world. It is also fodder for much substantive commentary on monetary compensation being used in place of legal action: i.e. parents taking hush money from Jackson when there might have been a chance to expose him and save other children from sexual abuse. It also speaks to the issue of whether or not laws apply to the rich.

On the other hand, there is not one single thing Jenna Bush has ever done that makes her a public figure - except to be born to someone who becomes the President of the United States. But again, that is not something she did. In other words, she is just another private citizen.

That makes this entire thread GOSSIP.

Pretty it up any way you want, it is gossip.

Superfly
    Topic Author

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:58 pm

SlamClick:
    Stop gossiping. Big grin
    Bring back the Concorde

Falcon84

Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:05 pm

She'll have a full day of classes. I hear this is what she'll be teaching:

-First Period is Economics. The benefits of supply-side, trickle down economics will be stressed.

-2nd period will be Health 101, where the themes will be "Just Say No" is the only answer and that birth control is for wimps.

-3rd semester will be on the Constitution, and how gays should be denied Constitutional protections.

-4th semester is World History, and the benefits of invading thrid-rate nations.

-5th semester is Lunch. Ketchup will be considered a vegitable.

That IS a busy day.  Big grin
    Work Right, Fly Hard

NUAir

Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:27 am

Falcon84,

Obviously your not familiar with the DC School system. The 3rd period Constitution class was replaced by the Gun "safety" class promoted by No Child Left Behind and sponsored by the NRA. Already DC students are well ahead of their peers with the highest number of school shootings in 2004!

I feel for the Secret Service agents protecting Jenna who will be significantly outgunned by 8 year old elementary school students with AK47's.

Also, world History has been replaced by a "Crack" education course that was recently implemented by new city council member Marion Barry...

But none of this really matters because unfortunately for Jenna all DC schools will be closed next year to provide the funding needed to build a nice new stadium for multi-million dollar baseball players who play on one of the worst teams in baseball. It could have made a great current news subject for the proposed class on the Benefits of Corporate Welfare. Maybe she can teach rich white kids at a private school in Georgetown...

"How Many Assholes we got on this ship?" - Lord Helmet

aerobalance

Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:34 am

NUAir wrote-
    'Falcon84,

Obviously your not familiar with the DC School system. The 3rd period Constitution class was replaced by the Gun "safety" class promoted by No Child Left Behind and sponsored by the NRA. Already DC students are well ahead of their peers with the highest number of school shootings in 2004!

I feel for the Secret Service agents protecting Jenna who will be significantly outgunned by 8 year old elementary school students with AK47's.

Also, world History has been replaced by a "Crack" education course that was recently implemented by new city council member Marion Barry...

But none of this really matters because unfortunately for Jenna all DC schools will be closed next year to provide the funding needed to build a nice new stadium for multi-million dollar baseball players who play on one of the worst teams in baseball. It could have made a great current news subject for the proposed class on the Benefits of Corporate Welfare. Maybe she can teach rich white kids at a private school in Georgetown...'

Good God that was funny, good show. My co-workers are wondering why I'm laughing so hard.....While all this time I was wondering what Ms. Bush could teach me.
    "Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."