Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Falcon84

RE: Back From Iraq

Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:57 pm

Alphafalcon you just don't get it do you? The time for debate is over. It was over in March 2003.

Maybe in your world, but not mine. The time for debate is NEVER over. Because to cease debate is, in many ways, to cease opposition. And I will never give up my oppositon to this idiocy. So your request to cease and desist on debate is summarily denied.

You say you support the troops but you don't like what they do or where they are at.

You can't even get that one right. I support the troops, and the job they have to do. Let me repeat it for you: I DO NOT SUPPORT THE POLITICAL DECISION TO SEND THEM INTO THIS WAR!! Do you get it now??

You can't imagine the kind of harm people like you cause around the world in regards to how others view our fortitude and strength.

What sanctimonious garbage. Absolute rubbish. You can't imagine what kind of harm people like you cause around the world, by meekly and lamely accepting something like this war, because a certain politician you like wanted it, and then demanding obedience from others.

Seig heil, baby.
Work Right, Fly Hard

commander_rabb

Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:07 pm

The time for debate to go to war is OVER!

Now you put you FULL support behind the effort like it or not.

Alphafalcon you obviously have never been in the military nor in the private business sector like I have. I have done many things that at first did not like but when I came on board my goal was just the same as those who I did not support at first. I put 100 % energy to make it work.

I made it happen. Many times and very successfully I have to add. Guess there is nothing wrong about that mind set after all considering my successes.

Now go clean the Presidents Club Lounge. I hear it needs some attention.  Big thumbs up

Falcon84

Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:12 pm

Now you put you FULL support behind the effort like it or not.

That sounds like a threat. I support the troops. I want them to be successful and get the hell out of there. That's my support. But that's not enough for you: you want me to support THE DECISION to go there, or else it doesn't matter.

Request denied.

Alphafalcon you obviously have never been in the military nor in the private business sector like I have.

So? I guess that makes you somehow a better American than me. It only means one thing: you know how to follow orders. Congratulations.

Your arrogance is such a load of garbage, that I can't even begin to tell you the contempt I feel for it.

You want to kiss Bush's ass on this one, go right ahead, but take a lot of lip gloss. I refuse to change my stance.
Work Right, Fly Hard

pacificjourney

Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:21 pm

Still keen to hear what todays warrior de jour 'commands'.

Come on erm ... commander .... tell us what a big hero you are. Telling some strong tales here, personally I think your full of shit ... admin to the end c. rabb.
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "

keesje

Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:51 pm

7e7 good to hear you´ll be able to spend Xmas with your family.

Big thumbs up

"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

JetMechMD80

Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:10 pm

"Typical idiocy. The war in 1991 was started when Iraq invaded Kuwait. We threw Iraq out of Kuwait. That war ended 13 years ago, with a Cease Fire."

A Cease fire is NOT an end to war, It is a Cease fire, nothing more, and you deny that Iraq violated it?

Get you head out of the sand. BTW: I didn't insult you, but you do the typical Liberal thing and come back with one when someone says something YOU don't agree with. I gues free speech is only for the left huh? The rest of us are idiots if we don't agree?

Well okay dips**t, since you feel the need to insult people, let me tell you something from someone who has been there. You know nothing, you are a fool, and everytime you post, it just makes you look like a bigger fool.

I give you facts, you deny them, and ignore them, because it doesn't suit your cause. The war was never over, NO FORMAL TREATY WAS EVER SIGNED. I challenge you to show me otherwise. You can't.
IRAQ DID VIOLATE THE CEASE FIRE NUMEROUS TIMES.
IRAQ WAS IN VIOLATION OF UN RESOLUTIONS, 1441 BEING ONE OF THEM.

Now, go stick your head back in the sand junior, you left-wing shrill bores me, and I am finished with you.
"I get along great with nobody"~ Billy Idol

airplay

Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:10 pm

Raab,

What kind of nonsensical advice are you preaching here? Just because that idiot Dubya got his way and embroiled the US in a stupid war, doesn't mean that everyone should suddenly fall in and support him.

You are applying army mentality to the rest of us. Soldiers are supposed to be mindless sheep that follow the leader into battle without question. Dissent could mean disaster for the mission.

The general public however are not bound by any such obligation and Falcon84 is doing exactly what he should be doing. Maintaining his opinion and views of the debacle in Iraq and the idiot that initiated it.

Vietnam was a disaster too. Can you imagine if the entire US population just abandoned their criticism when the decision was made to go there? With nno public pressure to expose the issues you guys might still be there....

qr332

Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:21 pm

A Cease fire is NOT an end to war, It is a Cease fire, nothing more, and you deny that Iraq violated it?

Theres a lot of shit in this thread I wont even touch, but to this point: First it was WMDs, then Osamas, when did Bush mention the cease fire having to do anything with it?

gues free speech is only for the left huh? The rest of us are idiots if we don't agree?

Your buddy, Rabb, seems to think its only on the right because he wont let Falcon be against Iraq.

NO FORMAL TREATY WAS EVER SIGNED. I challenge you to show me otherwise. You can't.
IRAQ DID VIOLATE THE CEASE FIRE NUMEROUS TIMES.
IRAQ WAS IN VIOLATION OF UN RESOLUTIONS, 1441 BEING ONE OF THEM.

Ummm, I thought to most Right wing people the UN is nothing and its UN-American? You guys bash the UN all day but when you need them, look, the UN said this and that!
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

gkirk

Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:59 pm

Whether your for the war or against the war, leave it out of this thread will you?

Welcome back from Iraq Boeing7E7, and lets hope the rest of our boys and girls over there come back safe as well (Brits, Americans, Poles  Big grin, and Australians (and whoever else I cant remember))  Smile
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

CaptOveur

Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:05 am

Rabb and Falcon, This is for both of you. While I agree with Rabb that Falcon is probably cheering at every setback in this war simply because he disagrees with who is in charge, that is no justification for BOTH of you hijacking a thread. Rabb, you are smarter than this, rise above his hippy bullshit.

Ever hear the phrase "You can't argue with a total idiot, because they never know when they lost?"
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

JetMechMD80

Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:44 am

"With nno public pressure to expose the issues you guys might still be there...."

Sorry, with no public pressure, and the war left to the military to fight, it would have over somewhere around 1968. Thousands of lives that were lost in the years that followed would have been saved.
"I get along great with nobody"~ Billy Idol

airplay

Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:57 am

I don't think Falcon84 or Raab have hijacked the thread. The thread is all about how nice it is in Iraq. Apparently its a friggen holiday wonderland and not at all how the media portray it.

dl021

Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:18 am

I do not think that it was ever insinuated that Iraq is a walk in the park, but it is true that the press focuses of the worst (if it bleeds it leads) and they ignore the good stuff to a large degree.

Iraq has a chance, and a good chunk of the country is on the way to democracy. When the people in the disputed parts get good and sick of the terrorists they will help out and oust these scumbags and take control of their country with a vote they will be loath to ever relinquish.

That is the dream and reality of freedom and democracy. Thanks again to all of those fighting to give them this chance, and for keeping the terrorists occupied and dying over there. Ignore the people that call this Vietnam, they ignore the geopolitical realities to make cheap points that have little basis in reality. You guys are doing the right thing, and history will mark this fact.

Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

gkirk

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:41 am

I don't think Falcon84 or Raab have hijacked the thread. The thread is all about how nice it is in Iraq. Apparently its a friggen holiday wonderland and not at all how the media portray it.

Bollocks...
The poster posted about how he saw it. Get a life and stop trying to twist things.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

commander_rabb

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:47 am

Well alphafalcon, the President of the United States has decided. The American people have decided with their votes. The U.S. military is making it happen. You or any other person has no more say in the matter at the moment. None. So get over it, move ahead, and support out nation and its troop fully. No more debate.

Like I said you have no say in the matter except to voice your now over used opinion. Big whoop.

Now go salute the flag and take a rest on the issue you have NO control over.

And now…

I have to apologize here for helping ruin a perfectly good thread in trying to put forth my case against stubbornness.

Welcome home 7e7 and thank your for your service to our country. Many people FULLY support you, our government and our military that is nonpareil.

I’ll just leave it at that.

Falcon84

Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:42 am

I do not think that it was ever insinuated that Iraq is a walk in the park..

Oh, come on, man, take your blinders off. If it wasn't insinuated as such, why did Bush declare it all but over 18 months ago? This administration felt it WOULD be a walk in the park. If you can't see that, you just can't see I guess.

Iraq has a chance, and a good chunk of the country is on the way to democracy.

Pardon me while I laugh my ass off on that one. What war are YOU watching? The one Bush is feeding you? I used to have more respect for you, but lines like that? ROTFL.
Work Right, Fly Hard

xjramper

Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:14 am

You know whats great Falcon? If we were in almost any other country you would be dead right now, or at least in some serious, serious shit. for opposing the admin. DEMOCRACY is a beautiful thing. Don't reply with your hippy bullshit...people are tired of hearing it.

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

dl021

Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:10 am

I prefer to listen to the views of people who have been on the ground here, in different parts of the country, who do not have the editorial imperative of "if it bleeds it leads".

The guys I speak with who have been there tell me that there are plenty of positive signs for Iraq. They also tell me about the problems, one even made a comparison a few days to the Battle of the Bulge (we were having a discussion with a couple of veterans of that battle from the 82d and 101st) where they remarked that the greatest, largest, best equipped army in history was caught unprepared for the action that came and for a while were losing more troops to trenchfoot than anything else. War involves surprises and changes that help define the conflict. When major maneuver operations (what we consider traditional force on force warfare) were over, we were faced with a mounting terrorist insurgency. Our response to this has developed since then and we are making progress. Could it be faster? Hell yes. Is there BS bureaucracy getting in the way of some procurements..probably. I guarantee that when it gets identified it gets fixed.

All of these armchair generals who have all the answers, well I would bet money that if we put you in the room with a dozen actual subject matter experts you would all sit and listen in wonder as you heard at least a half dozen different versions of what the experts think should be done. Leadership means making decisions about which way we are going and how we get there.

Iraq is getting the help it needs, and I think that if we support them and provide them with the breathing room and security they need they will become a functioning democracy.

Does anyone have a better idea about what we should do? Has anyone besides FRASpotter and Boeing7E7 been there lately to see what the deal is for themselves? If so lets hear it, if not then answer me what makes your opinion more valid than anyone elses.

Falcon84

Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:30 pm

You know whats great Falcon? If we were in almost any other country you would be dead right now, or at least in some serious, serious shit. for opposing the admin. DEMOCRACY is a beautiful thing. Don't reply with your hippy bullshit...people are tired of hearing it.

And it is great I can bugger people like you without fear to life or limb, but it also means I don't have to march, goose-step, with the likes of you.

Oh, and as for being a hippie, I don't know where you get that from. Playing with a lot of pre-conceived (and incorrect) notions in that mind of yours? That's what I thought.

And DL021, keep burying your head in the sand. You say you believe someone on the ground more than the media. So tell me, what do YOU think of the CIA Station Chief in Baghdad telling Bush the situation is getting worse. I mean, you don't trust the media, but you allegedly believe almost anything out of thise government, so what about that?
Work Right, Fly Hard

luisde8cd

Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:53 pm

Funny to hear the arguments that some people here give to support the war...

Especially the one when they said that the US went in to "liberate" the Iraqi people from Saddam the Ugly and Mean dictator. So I ask... why hasnt the US invaded countries like Rwanda, Uganda, and many other countries that are undergoing real suffering? the answer is simple: THOSE COUNTRIES DO NOT HAVE THE OIL THAT IRAQ HAS.

The US went in for the OIL, that's the sad truth, whether you like it or not.

Also during the cold war years, the US supported many Right-Wing dictatorships in Latin America. Those regimes tortured and killed many people, and the US just sat back and watched the "show". The CIA even released classified files that say that they backed Pinochet's coup in Chile. The US dont care about people suffering in other countries, they just act according to their interests...

L-188

Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:34 pm

Welcome back Boeing7E7

My brothersromate is in the national guard and his NG unit is supposed to ship out next month I think, he has been down at Ft. Bliss training the past couple of months.

Any advices on what gear we need to fix him up with before he goes?

I understand that copper solvent isn't a line item in the supply chain but is the only way you can get copper contamination off the bolts on the M2 without resorting to scraping.

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

mdsh00

Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:04 pm

Welcome back 7e7.

I wan't to ask you one thing. I'm sure you know about the soldier that asked Rumsfeld about the problem with armor. Is the situation truly like that down there? Also, after coming back from Iraq, do you feel that the administration/Donald Rumsfeld could have made wiser decisions on Iraq?

xjramper

Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:28 pm

Louisde

Show me documented proof that we did.

Falcon
Playing with a lot of pre-conceived (and incorrect) notions

Incorrect in your eyes? Perhaps. In the vast majority of Americans...i think they would beg to differ.

Oh, and as for being a hippie, I don't know where you get that from.

Oh gee I don't know...let me think...Vietnam.

I would hate to burst your bubble about blaming GW on going in to Iraq. You might want to blame your senators and congressmen as well. They both passed that he may attack Iraq by an overwheming majority. Altho I won't blame you for your twisted view...I place blame entirely on the media.

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

dl021

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:13 pm

falcon...I believe that things are getting hotter as we get closer to the elections and with good reason. The terrorists are getting more desperate and executing more ops...which will hopefully backfire on them. It will not only bring more attention from us onto them, but it will continue to piss off the locals from whom they hope to gain support. I also think that Iraq is a big country and that most of the press stays in the hot zones looking for muck to rake. If the world media focussed solely on Compton, Camden, and Gary, ignoring everywhere else where good was happenning, we would look pretty desolate as well.

l-188 If the guy is infantry you can send him GOOD toilet paper, prepaid phone cards, new optics for his rifle if he does not get them issued (ACOG makes the best), camelbak supplies, and...hey, send the dude a note asking him what he needs/wants that his unit is not issuing. Think about what you always wanted while in the field and look around your house to see if you have something to send.

luis...IF all we wanted was oil and were willing to invade someone illegally to get it tell me why we would not just take care of Chavez and install someone we liked in Venezuela to get the oil there? That would be alot easier. If we were going to reap the benefits of oil exploitation there why would we allow the Iraqia to give the first contracts to a Turkish and Canadian company?

[Edited 2004-12-19 09:13:35]

L-188

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:19 pm

Well he should be home from Bliss for Christmas. His unit isn't supposed to deploy to southwest asia until next spring. News last week I think covered the unit's vehicles being loaded onto a transport ship here in Anchorage.

He is in a scout battallion AKANG.

What the hell Eskimo Scouts are going to do in the desert is beyond me.

I have heard stories that the M-9 magazines that where part of the mid-1990's buy are complete junk.

dl021

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:28 pm

I heard the same thing. C-mags are pieces of crap as well, when put through desert torture.

The guy could probably use a good Surefire light with extra batteries, and a rifle mount for it if you and your bro have the scratch.

Eskimo scouts (are they still called that?) could be very useful as infantry and security. I would have though them to be required for their primary job of backing up the Brigade in securing the pipeline, but there is a battalion deploying to Afghanistan as well as one to Iraq. Wish the guy luck for me.

Ian

L-188

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:33 pm

Well technically the ATG went out many many years ago.

I don't know how much stuff he will have with him. I haven't talked to him since the day after he got his offical callup orders at the start of the semester, so that would have been September or late August.

Maybe I'll get a chance to ask him what he has over X-mas if I see him.

I was over at the forums at AR-15.com and was very impressed. There was a request for replacement magazines and those guys got together and sent this armorer in Iraq some 75 that where privately purchased.

From what I understand the C-mags are parkerized on the inside which collects dust and the springs are weaker then the factory springs so they can't overcome the friction caused by the dust in inside.

dl021

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:38 pm

That and they freaking break easily. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, sucks worse than needing to fire and not being able to because your POS magazine fails on you.

Extra mags are good, so are mag connectors. Also replacement followers and springs are good to send. One more thing to send would be decent paperback books. These guys get some downtime and phonetime as well as computer time are limited.

Batteries are always appreciated too.

Falcon84

Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:58 pm

Oh gee I don't know...let me think...Vietnam.

ROTFL. What the hell does Vietnam have to do with this XJRamper? Know how old I was when Vietnam started? About 1 year old. I was 13 when it ended. So how do you call me a "hippie" for that. Let's see, I've never had hair down to the middle of my back; never smoked the lettuce; never went to a peace rally in the 60's or 70's, you see I was too young.

Or, are you saying only hippies opposed Vietnam? Well, if you believe that ,then you're more delusional than I first thought. By the late 1960's, and overwhelming majority of Americans-not just the "hippies", opposed it, But you wouldn't know that, would you, being about 17 years old, would you?

Next time, do not lecture me about something that was going on when I was around and you weren't, OK? You don't know shit about Vietnam, so stop pretending you do.
Work Right, Fly Hard

luisde8cd

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:09 am

Louisde

Show me documented proof that we did.

Show me some evidence that Sadamm had Weapons of Mass Destruction  Nuts
Regarding oil... wasn't Halliburton (Cheney's former company) awarded huge oil contracts quickly after the invasion?

luis...IF all we wanted was oil and were willing to invade someone illegally to get it tell me why we would not just take care of Chavez and install someone we liked in Venezuela to get the oil there? That would be alot easier. If we were going to reap the benefits of oil exploitation there why would we allow the Iraqia to give the first contracts to a Turkish and Canadian company?

You did take care of Chavez. In april 2002, Chavez was taken out of power briefly for 48 hours after the military decided to oust him because he had ordered to fire at an oposition march that was headed to the presidential palace (I was in that march). Before the "provisional" president swore himself in, one of the first ambassadors to visit the presidential palace and recognize the "provisional goverment" (if not the first one) was the US Ambassador.

Now Chavez claims that the CIA supported the coup and he has shown some unclassified CIA documents that say that the CIA knew about the coup and had contacts with some of the military officials that participated in the coup.

I was so happy during those 48hrs that Chavez wasnt in power, but I have to admit that I didnt feel it was the right way to take him out of power.

Right now the US hasnt invaded Venezuela because Chavez still sends most of our oil to the US, but Im sure that if Chavez decides to halt shipments to the US, we'll face sanctions from the US. But I dont think that will happen because we cannot afford to stop selling oil to the US because they are our largest buyer, it will cripple our economy if we stop selling oil to the US.

As I said in another thread, I used to be very pro-US until GWB came to power... I've lived in the US, I know the country, its people. Its a nice country with nice people but Im sorry but your leader sucks.

[Edited 2004-12-19 16:11:24]

dl021

Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:35 am

No, we did not take care of him, as he is still walking and talking.

There is no reason to invade Venezuela, and we will wait and see about who will lead the Venezuelan people. Just like we do with every other country that poses no overt threats to any of their neighbors or to us.

As far as your first response, you are changing the subject. Halliburton has not been issued a long term oil contract by the Iraqis. They just named Turkish and Canadian companies as the first two winners of oil deals.

http://www.aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=6323

luisde8cd

Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:03 am

No, we did not take care of him, as he is still walking and talking.

You tried to take care of him and you fucked up our best chance to get rid of the guy. Next time please try to do it better. After the failed coup Chavez won more support and now he controls the Supreme Court, Congress, Electoral council and 20 out of 22 governor offices. So you guys basically fucked up the country even more. So the next time you guys try to overthrow a president, do it as you guys did recently in Haiti with Aristide or in Chile when Pinochet overthrew Allende. Because now people like me who oppose chavez are in deep shit.

There is no reason to invade Venezuela

Of course there isn't. We are providing you guys with more than 1 million barrels a day. Next time you fill up your tank in a Citgo gas station, your engine will be guzzling venezuelan gasoline. Citgo is owned by the Venezuelan govt.

As far as your first response, you are changing the subject. Halliburton has not been issued a long term oil contract by the Iraqis.

Im not changing the subject.Im talking about people/corporations that have made tons of money because of the war. Those contracts might not be long term, but the Iraq War has given Halliburton billions of $$ in income. Check this out written by the Washington Post
http://foi.missouri.edu/usenergypolicies/halliburtonsdeals.html

They just named Turkish and Canadian companies as the first two winners of oil deals.

Good for them. I hope they help rebuild Iraq's oil infrastructure.

dl021

Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:26 am

One more post on the subject, as we have hijacked this thread, if we were responsible for the recent effort to oust Chavez, then you do have my apologies for not getting the job done.

It seemed to me that Chavez has public support at the grassroots level and the people who tried to take over (it looked to be an effort made up of oil company execs, military competitors, and the middle class) were opposed by them in public demonstrations and now have less power than ever before.

I doubt it was us, but it is a moot point as you will believe whatever you want on the subject.

Halliburton did indeed win interim contracts to perform the rebuilding, but can you name another company capable of doing what they have done?

jmc1975

Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:43 am

The thread needs to be deleted after Reply 25, period! Plain and simple!

xjramper

Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:46 am

You don't know shit about Vietnam, so stop pretending you do.

Now its my turn: ROTFL. I made one reference to Vietnam from you asking me how the hell I can call you a hippie. Hippies were against the war from the beginning, and as I recall, you were against the Iraq war from the beginning.

You are right on one thing. I wasn't around during the war. But I wrote a 27 page paper for my HST330 class last summer. So don't tell me I don't know shit about it. You might want to think before you flame someone...but thats just a suggestion.

You made me laugh twice in your response:

But you wouldn't know that, would you, being about 17 years old, would you?

Once again be careful before you write. Since you don't know shit about me, don't assume that I am some stupid young kid. 2nd semester junior in college.

And as for being delusional. I never once said that hippies were the only reason. Show me if I did...Yeah, thats what i thought.

Next time, do not lecture me about something that was going on when I was around and you weren't

Let me reiterate what I said: Think before you flame someone.

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

Falcon84

Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:17 am

Halliburton did indeed win interim contracts to perform the rebuilding, but can you name another company capable of doing what they have done?

You mean overcharging the military; doing shady deals and the like?

I'm sure others do, but they do it so well, wouldn't you say?

Once again be careful before you write. Since you don't know shit about me, don't assume that I am some stupid young kid. 2nd semester junior in college.

So? And what does that prove? That your in college, nothing else. Again, you had the lack of intelligence to call me a hippie, for being against this god damned war, and that shows an utter lack of intelligence. Hippies were against Vietnam, but so were many average working people, from the time it became a major even till was ended.

And last time I checked, millions of Americans are against this war not just the modern day hippie.
Work Right, Fly Hard

xjramper

Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:51 am

So? And what does that prove? That your in college, nothing else.

So it goes up from me being a stupid 17 year old to a stupid college student. LOL. Stay steady with your facts man.

Again, you had the lack of intelligence to call me a hippie, for being against this god damned war, and that shows an utter lack of intelligence.

This is what I love. I used a term to "describe" you and you are getting all hot and bothered by that.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy And I love how you repeat that I have a lack of intelligence.

I used hippie as an expression. Just a simple expression, not a true description of who you really are. I don't know you and I really don't care to know. So once again watch how you write.

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

Go3Team

Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:04 am

Keeping on topic, Welcome Home, and thanks for your service.
Yay Pudding!

ClassicLover

Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:09 am

Popped into this thread to read some stuff from someone who had been there, without the media spin.

What a shame I didn't get to  Sad

Trent.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!