Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

clickhappy
Topic Author

B.U.S.H. Wants Another 80 Billion For Iraq

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:03 pm

Lets try this again!

I am so angry that we continue to spend such huge sums of money on the problem that is Iraq. Get those kids out of there and lets fix the U.S. of A. Iraq takes a backseat to our own problems.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041224/pl_afp/iraqusmilitarybudget&cid=1521&ncid=1473

Falcon84

RE: B.U.S.H. Wants Another 80 Billion For Iraq

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:10 pm

Yes, but it's worth our hard-earned tax money to screw up that country, isn't it?  Laugh out loud

Spend it on OUR schools; on OUR infrastructure, like highways; on SOCIAL SECURITY, Mr. President!! If we can get $80 billion to throw down and endless pit, why not make it one that benefits AMERICANS? This money pit doesn't benefit anyone but defense contractors and Halliburton.
Work Right, Fly Hard

rsmith6621a

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:12 pm

Once Again Royal.......Bush is sinking $$$$$ into Iraq because it will be his nest egg after he leaves the WH,why else do you think he is in there.

We had a chance on Nov 2nd to stop this crap but no one cared to read or listen to other news sources than Fauxnews.

What pisses me off is that we are not spending any $$$ on our troops for the long term care they will need when they leave rehab,much less letting them have phone cards to call home for the holidays. Wait till you talk to the father of a boy who died over there(I made travel bookings for the family of casulty #1216) to attend the funeral.....we will spend a million$$$ on a couple of missles but wont pay for the family way to a loved ones funeral........somthing is wrong with this picture......BIGGIE

Were not fighting a war on terror over there....The USA is creating the worlds largest PUBLIC WORKS project. Its a war of profit.

BTW why was the other thread deleted?????
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

bruno

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:23 pm

Send the Bush daughters to this war. Roll back the tax breaks for the rich to help fund this war. Send the children of the donors of the Bush campaign to war. Send the sons and daughters of the CEOs of Diebold, Haliburton, BP, Chase Manhattan, Goldman & Sachs, Morgan Stanley. Send Ruper Murdoc's children to combat.

Sad thing is that Bush will get the money for this war. All the systems of checks & balances is controlled by one political party.
This is the most lopsided and twisted government the United States has ever had.
I support the women’s movement up and down!

ANCFlyer

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:42 pm

Falcon84 Spend it on OUR schools; on OUR infrastructure, like highways; on SOCIAL SECURITY . . . and how about new ATCs, medical care for the elderly, new forms of energy, feed our starving kids, etc.

Agree completely! However "internationally" short-sighted this opinion may appear, I think we have an inherent responsibility in this country (as do all countries really) to fix our internal problems first.

I'm all for helping out where it's needed, like the recent victims of that earthquake, but once the initial emergency is passed, time to again refocus on our own problems.

I have often thought that it might not be such a bad idea for the USA to go back to being an "isolationalist" type nation - as it was in the early 20th century - concentrating on our own problems. When they are under control, then worry about the rest of the world.

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Continental

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:46 pm

80 Billion!?! Holy @#[email protected]!!! I don't care what anyone says, spend it HERE! Say all you want about taking a murderer (Saddam) out of office, I don't give a damn, I'm sick of the U.S. spending such huge sums of $$ on crap. Besides, we already gave the boot to Saddam, now lets leave! We could use some of that money over here!

ZKSUJ

Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:07 pm

All I am going to say that $80 Billion is alot of money to spend on 'foreign soil'

COTXDFW777AA

Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:51 pm

Agreed. We could do some much with that money at home. But, instead we have to fund an unnecessary war. I hate Bush economic policy.
Texas- it's like a whole different country!

Falcon84

Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:53 pm

I hate Bush economic policy.

This one falls under both foreign and economic policy-and they both suck the big one.
Work Right, Fly Hard

b757300

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:02 pm

Spending money to pay a lazy bum not to work or a women to lay on her back and pop out baby after baby or spending money to kill terrorists? Jeez, how hard of a decision is that? With the exception of the minority left in this country I think most Americans want us to spend the money on killing terrorists before they come here and kill us.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Usairwys757

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:08 pm

Spending money to pay a lazy bum not to work or a women to lay on her back and pop out baby after baby or spending money to kill terrorists? Jeez, how hard of a decision is that? With the exception of the minority left in this country I think most Americans want us to spend the money on killing terrorists before they come here and kill us.

Enough with that BS B757300, why dont you go tell those hard working US Airways Flight Attendants and Gate Agents that are about to be laid off that they are lazy bums. Lets see the response you get. You just dont get it, just like George W Bush doesn't.
Inactive.....

jpetekyxmd80

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:11 pm

Minority? May have been one a few years ago- where your reality exists. A time where we actually had good cause to be fighting. Why dont you join the rest of us all?
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

vafi88

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:12 pm

Wrong again. I don't know what kind of American you are, but not many people want to put OUR SOLDIERS in the line of fire in some sh!t-tacular nation based on lies our commander in chief spewed.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

Falcon84

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:16 pm

With the exception of the minority left in this country I think most Americans want us to spend the money on killing terrorists before they come here and kill us.

Yes, education be damned; infrastructure be damned; social security be damned.

B757300, did you NOT hear OBL recently-saying he wants to bankrupt us in our fight against him and the creeps like him? And Bush is obliging him, in every way we can.

We can defeat the terrorists, AND take care of our own. You seem to want to doe the former, but to ignore the latter. If you ignore the latter, and only concentrate on the former, then the terrorists win.
Work Right, Fly Hard

VC-10

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:21 pm

As G.W.B unleashed the genie, it is now his responsibility to get it back in the bottle.

Yes, Saddam murdered his own people but the US was more than happy to turn a blind eye when it suited them and Saddam was fighting Iran.

*I don't have a problem with the US nation, but I do have a problem with US Government foreign policy

clickhappy
Topic Author

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:34 pm

Spending money to pay a lazy bum not to work or a women to lay on her back and pop out baby after baby or spending money to kill terrorists?

LOL, what a post. I was thinking more about things like fixing our roads, our schools, maybe paying teachers more, learning more about medicine and diseases, that type of thing.

Of couse, all things being equal, I would rather turn on the news and see a story about a welfare abuse case rather than our soldiers getting blown up halfway around the world for a cause fewer and fewer support.

rsmith6621a

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:38 pm

Royal.....I thought you were one of them Bush supporter by the tone of your post pre-election..........Did you change your mind?????? or just plying wit us.

clickhappy
Topic Author

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:49 pm

Randall, I am not a Bush supporter, either before or after the election. But I don't know if Kerry had the answers either.

We live in troubling times and I worry about the future, both short and long-term. Our country is truly divided, and it is very sad.

jpetekyxmd80

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:56 pm

I found this to be very interesting and telling..

My Mother has kept in contact with my father's uncle's (who died at Normandy) best friend from the army. When they talked on Christmas they got into politics and the war. This WWII veteran from Odessa, TX, who has lived down the road from and supported GWB in his life, is totally against the Iraq war. He said that invading Iraq was a total disgrace to the war on terror and was motivated by oil.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

rsmith6621a

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:57 pm

Much agreed Royal.

I though think Kerry at least would have given us somthing Bush has not yet....that being a HOPE you would work rapidly to get out of Iraq.

Talk about divided what about our Gov race.

pilotaydin

Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:23 pm

ordinary everyday americans don't want to sit and see through the budget plans and complex explanations that insurance agencies give to you when you ask where is my money going...

a regular american would want to see 80 bil......spent at home, rather than abroad...because most of the 80 bil will come from americans paying taxes and working hard.....

757 are you suggesting you would take a pay cut and send half your salary to iraq?? go right ahead, i wouldnt dream of anyone in a capitalist society ever doing that...but maybe im wrong.
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

ConcordeBoy

Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:52 pm

that being a HOPE you would work rapidly to get out of Iraq.

There's been a ton of screwups in Iraq... many would argue that going there in the first place was chief among them, but pulling out now (or any time in the immediate future) would immediately usurp even that title.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

rsmith6621a

Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:13 pm

Which in effect would be like we were not there........

ZKSUJ

Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:21 pm

Agree with Concordeboy. Leaving Iraq now would send a message saying that the US government are quitters.

'You finish what you start' and I think GWB has to do that or face international political humiliation

Superfly

Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:42 pm

B757300 & ConcordeBoy:

- With the exception of the minority left in this country I think most Americans want us to spend the money on killing terrorists before they come here and kill us.

-There's been a ton of screwups in Iraq... many would argue that going there in the first place was chief among them, but pulling out now (or any time in the immediate future) would immediately usurp even that title.

OK, so why don't you two chickenhawks take your a$$es to Iraq and finish the job.  Insane

After all, the military is always looking for a few good men.
Bring back the Concorde

solnabo

Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:51 pm

To Mr Bush and his hawks:

You make the bed, now you lie in it  Insane

Micke/SE
Airbus SAS - Love them both

aloges

Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:18 pm

LOL... If some people want their own country to go bust "killing terrorists" that only went to Iraq after it was "liberated", I'll have my share of fun watching it. Big grin

Has Halliburton's favourite puppy already asked for donations or is that still ahead?  Acting devilish
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Danny

Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:54 pm

Yeaaah I bet Haliburton will get a nice stake of that money. What a shame!

Continental

Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:08 am

"Leaving Iraq now would send a message saying that the US government are quitters."

We don't have to 100% pull the plug right away. We could pull out a load of troops and explain to the world it's unnecessary to have that many there doing nothing, and perhaps NOT SPEND $80 BILLION!

donder10

Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:17 am

We could pull out a load of troops and explain to the world it's unnecessary to have that many there doing nothing,

And then watch Iraq fall into anarchy.

L410Turbolet

Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:24 am

And then watch Iraq fall into anarchy.

Isn't it already happening? Great deal thanks to "excellent planning" by the Pentagon and the White House.

StowAway

Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:32 am

B757300, welcome to my respected users list.

Folks, like the war or not, we are there. We are now responsible. It is a shit sandwich, and we must partake of it.

I don't understand you liberals! One minute, you are complaining about the lack of armor over there. The next minute, you are complaining about money for supplies being given!

Look, pouring money into the states does no good if we do not knock out the threats that exist overseas. Future attacks will just continue to hurt the economy. We are cutting the head off the snake right now. Like it or not

A monkey's ass always talks crap.

yukimizake

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:04 am

"Leaving Iraq now would send a message saying that the US government are quitters."

This is what Bin Laden and groups like Ansar al-Sunna are hoping for, the US has a history of pulling out after getting their nose bloodied (Lebanon and Somalia). GWB and his cronies are realizing their opportunistic plan of installing a puppet regime to control Iraq will be a lot more costly than they had planned for (in terms of both $$$ and soldiers). Its not a sustainable situation, sooner or later they will realize this and, like in Lebanon and Somalia, they will leave. America will be left a sharply divided nation, deeper in debt and reviled internationally. This is already happening today, this will be GWB's legacy.

MD11Engineer

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:10 am

As I´ve mentioned before, the only way to sort out the Iraq business is to internationalise it. Nobody in his right mind wants it to slip into a kind of Taliban or Somalia style anarchy, because this would only help the terrorists.
But this means serious political humiliation for Bush abnd Co., because they would have publically to admit that they´ve been wrong.
It would also mean that the US would have to give up the command in Iraq and putting her own forces under the command of somebody else, e.g. a UN appointed general staff, because nobody would send troops to be used as cannon fodder for the current US government.

I would strongly suggest the British to take over the command, as they´ve got maybe most experience in successfully handling insurgencies.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

ltbewr

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:20 am

Don't forget, some of this funding is also for our far more legitment support of troops in Afganistan.
Worse yet, probably all but a few exteme liberal Democrats in the Congress and Senate will vote for this proposed funding bill because:
1) if they vote no, it will be used against them in their next election (remember what happened to Sen./2004 Demo Pres canidate Kerry),
2) many districts get some of that money for stuff needed for the war, the pay of soldiers, etc.
3) Even if they dispise this war, they want to support the soldiers
4) As noted in a previous post, that to withold any requested funds, and force the withdrawl of our troops would be a 'win for the terrorists'

Falcon84

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:21 am

B757300, welcome to my respected users list.

Oh, God I feel sorry for you, mate.  Laugh out loud

I don't understand you liberals! One minute, you are complaining about the lack of armor over there. The next minute, you are complaining about money for supplies being given!

Another knee-jerk response by a conservative who can't think for himself, and somehow blames liberals for everything.

1. Why aren't YOU complaining about the lack of armor? Tell me that.

2. Had we not followed Bush's hard-on for war, we could be using that $80 billion towards helping AMERICANS-you know, like the U.S. government is SUPPOSED to do, instead of throwing it down this endless pit that is the war in Iraq.

You call the war a "shit sandwich", but then critisize us for being against it. Does the word "hypocrite" come to mind.

I can see why you put B757300 on your list-you're as shallow as he is.
Work Right, Fly Hard

StowAway

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:48 am

1. Why aren't YOU complaining about the lack of armor? Tell me that.

Because I support that the government will eventually do the right thing. This money is a start.

2. Had we not followed Bush's hard-on for war, we could be using that $80 billion towards helping AMERICANS-you know, like the U.S. government is SUPPOSED to do, instead of throwing it down this endless pit that is the war in Iraq.

I would call it a hard-on for his country.  Big grin You know, if this was politically motivated, he would have just played it safe until his second term. You will never understand that. You, and your liberal friends, are Monday morning quarter backing. It is OK, America is used to it. That is why the majority of America voted against that Senator who is the poster child for such an action.

You call the war a "shit sandwich", but then criticizes us for being against it. Does the word "hypocrite" come to mind.

I am simply acknowledging that things did not go as entirely as planned. NOBODY can plan out an operation, and predict the full outcome. Iraq has gotten pretty bad, (hence the sandwich.) If you would really read my original post, I said: Folks, like the war or not, we are there. We are now responsible.

If you disagreed with the war to begin with, that is fine. You, in your mind, are looking out for America. However, the war is happening. We can not turn back now. If we do, Iraq is up for the terrorist's taking.

Look, I can see where you want to isolate our money to America's soil, and not have messed with Iraq. However, if we would have been attacked again, I know you and RSmith would be racing to throw the blame at Bush. We are just trying to be proactive in the fight against terrorism.

DfwRevolution

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:48 am

Problem is, it's too late to pull out of Iraq. You can't just "up and leave" today because we're tired of insurgents, ect. Doing so would be disasterous to the stability of the region and basically cause Iraq to collapse into anarchy.

I share your sentiments that this money could be put to better use, and of Bush's FP, but there is no way we can just leave Iraq now.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

Falcon84

Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:06 am

Because I support that the government will eventually do the right thing. This money is a start.

The government did the wrong thing in initiating this conflict, so you'll wait till hell freezes over. This money is one thing-the first in an installment plan of billions thrown away for NOTHING. I'm glad you think so higly of a president who started a war, and didn't have a clue what he was getting into.

I would call it a hard-on for his country.

ROTFL. That's so pathetic, that it's not even funny. He wanted this war in Iraq from the moment he entered office. It had nothing to do with this countyr, with 9/11, with freeing the Iraqi people. He wanted revenge. Well, it looks like revenge can be a real mother, can't it?

NOBODY can plan out an operation, and predict the full outcome.

You are correct, but SOMEBODY, like those in the Administration, could have gone into this war with less of their pie-in-the-sky mentality that this was a cakewalk, that would be over in a few months. The fact that on May 1, 2003, he walked on that aircraft carrier behind that "Mission Accomplished" banner, and announced the war all but over tells me one thing: they thought the war would be over by then, and they had absolutely no plan, or no thought of what to do if it was still going on. You plan for the worst scenario in war, not the best. The Bush administration did the latter, and we're paying a heavy price for that now.

You know, if this was politically motivated, he would have just played it safe until his second term.

Wrong. That would have made it less, not more politically motivated. This war, whether the blind like yourself ever want to admit it or not, was started it when it was, in part, to help George Bush get re-elected. Had he done this in '07, it would have been seen as less politically motivated, because if the fact he wold not be running for any office.

However, if we would have been attacked again, I know you and RSmith would be racing to throw the blame at Bush.

Iraq wasn't tied in with 9/11, unless you're telling me it was. Iraq didn't have the weapons to attack a fly, let alone the U.S. That's been proven. If another 9/11 happens, it's because we're still not prepared the way we should be, not because we wouldn't have gone to war in Iraq.
Work Right, Fly Hard

ConcordeBoy

Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:22 am

As I´ve mentioned before, the only way to sort out the Iraq business is to internationalise it.

And how would you suggest doing that in a manner which has not already been attempted more than once?
  • demand the now-sovereign country to cede control to a provenly-inept entity such as the UN?
  • ask the French/German/Russians to send troops/supplies/external finance?
  • revoke Halliburton's "no-bid" contracts, sending all their workers home and replacing them with lower cost Indian peons a-la Dubai?

Nobody in his right mind wants it to slip into a kind of Taliban or Somalia style anarchy

...and yet, there are those Westerners (in myriad number) who've wished for nothing less since the day the war started-- tells you something.  Big grin
  • Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

StowAway

Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:23 am

Falcon84.... I don't know where you get your facts from. But until you can show signs of life in your head, we can't have a serious discussion. I should have known better than to enter the liberal square dance....

BTW, READ THE DAMN POST YOU ARE RESPONDING TO. You continually contradict yourself! Bush could have ridden the 9/11 support all the way to 2004. Your argument is that he did this for revenge? You are a sad, sad person.

My New Year's resolution is to not participate in any of these repeated stupid liberal threads that spew hate, not facts. I want facts, you want drama.

All done......

Falcon84

Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:27 am

My New Year's resolution is to not participate in any of these repeated stupid liberal threads that spew hate, not facts. I want facts, you want drama.

Good, then I won't have to listen to you kiss Bush's ass in 2005. That suits me fine. Stay in your deluisonal conseravtive world. It doesn't hurt me any, but makes you look like a damn fool.
    Work Right, Fly Hard

StowAway

Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:35 am

Well now, I am conservative.... but I have never heard of conseravtive?

But ok, I am the fool, I use spell check, but I am the fool.  Smile

S12PPL

Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:53 am

Ah well, another 80 billion down the crapper. You know what scares me most? All of you moron right wing republicans on this board fail to understand that by the time most of you are eligable for social security....there will be none. That's right. NONE. I sure as hell hope you have a plan for retirement, because Bush sure doesn't have a plan for you.

Bush is going to have to answer alot of tough questions in about a month or so...From his OWN PARTY. Republican senators and congressmen are beginning to get restless. They are about to start asking the same questions Democrats are right now. Why? Because they are starting to realize that Bush is the worst thing for America right now. Nevermind the fact that this country's economy is in the crapper. Spend the money in Iraq! Bush isn't hunting down terrorists. Bush is finishing what dear old dad started. It's been no secret from the start the only reason he is in Iraq is because he had an excuse. "Invade Iraq" was number one on his list when he entered office. Not social reform. NOT education reform. Iraq was at the top of the list. I get so damn sick of listening to republicans say the liberals are just made Bush is President, and that is why we're picking on him. That couldn't be farther from the truth. What scares me the most, though, is that we send Bush over to other countries to speak on behalf of the American people. A man who whenever he is off a script, can't walk and chew gum. A man that when asked questions in interviews he really has no clue how to answer, just pauses for 5 seconds...says nothing....and then speaks. I don't even want to hear that it is what any of us would do when asked a tough question. That may very well be. But the world, and Americans want a President that can think on his feet, and answer any question quickly, and intelligently.

When Bush was having a press conference after the slaughter at the mess hall, his response was "It's always tough to accept the losing of the loss of a life." What????? This man is seriously worse than Dan Quale. And I dunno what is more Scary. The fact that he went to Yale, or the fact that he got IN to Yale. Hell. If he can get in, so can I! I'll be President the day I'm eligable by age. And I have a slight speech empediment as well.

Now, I'll agree that the "No Child Left Behind Act" was a great idea. Great concept on paper. Problem is you have to fund the damn thing. You don't put an act onto paper, sign it, and then shit the money away. Children are being left behind. Period. And at the rate we are going, it will never be a success in the next 15 years. We're going to leave those children with so much debt, they're children will MAYBE have a shot at bennefiting from the NCLBA. It's the same thing with Social Security. I'm going to have to go get a great job, and start packing away money for my retirement real soon here, because when I'm eligable for S.S., I'm gonna need it.

It scares me that we couldn't get rid of him in November. But, I'll have to accept it. I'm just glad I live in a blue state. It's a very well know fact, however, that the red states are the most un-educated, least moral states. Least moral according to the Bible, that is. They have the highest divorce rates, more domestic violence. Higher alcoholism rates. Too bad Bush doesn't still drink. Then he'd definately fit right on in in Texas still. What is more terrifying still, is that Rudy Gulliani, or Jeb Bush will be running in 2008.

Now, back to Iraq. Bush is the man without a plan. No direction in this country. He has no exit plan. He has no plan on making it work there. It's obvious what his plan was. Get Sadam(Which I agree was a good idea in principle), bomb the hell out of the country, and......nothing. No idea what to do after that. The only reason Bush is in Iraq, is because he knew Iraq was the only place he'd win something. Afghanistan would have been a lost cause. We'd STILL be running around the mountains looking for Bin Ladan. Oh...but wait. LGW-Luftfahrtgesellschaft Walter (Germany)">HE'S the one that attacked us on 9/11. Bush couldn't even LINK Sadam to Bin Laden! He just said "Well he MUST have helped...I mean...come on." Nevermind we still havn't found those famous WMD's. And what about those terrorists we keep saying we're after. Yes, we keep finding Al Queda operatives every few months. But if you throw enough resources into it, you can find anyone eventually. But Al Queda isn't in Iraq anymore, are they? And if we do find them there, it's few and far between that we actually do. They know to stay out of there. Yes, folks. We're in Iraq because Bush wants to avenge his father's failure. Just like Dubya is a failure. This is a man that couldn't even make oil companies work in Texas, bought a baseball team simply because he likes baseball, and up until a while ago, was a real boozer. Now, Bush likes to say that we're training an Iraqi military and police force. But over half the police force that Bush trained were thrown out because of they're criminal records. And we are taking our sweet time with that military.

I'll make the statement that by half way through his second term, Bush is going to have most of his own party pissed at him. That is a pretty safe bet these days. His own party is all ready beginning to turn on him. He is rapidly losing support. And sooner or later he won't be able to "Um", "Uh", "Well," and "Ya see" his way out of tough questions. Now, you do gotta admit it is pretty funny to watch him think REALLY hard Big grin
    Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

skyservice_330

Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:28 am

...and I would say that reply 42 is where he realizes his argument has no weight. Now, I know you have only been a member for 10 days or so but when you start criticizing someone because they got 2 letters mixed up or something your entire argument and credibility go down the crapper. Try sticking to an argument based on empirical facts and intellectual thought, not petty one-line responses like a 5 year. They do nothing to help prove your point.

ConcordeBoy

Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:41 am

All of you moron right wing republicans on this board fail to understand that by the time most of you are eligable for social security....there will be none. That's right. NONE

ROFL, are you kidding me with this?  Nuts  Nuts

We KNOW that all too well, which is why many/most of "us", like anyone with a shred of fiscal sense over the last two decades plus, not BASING our FINANCIAL FUTURES on it... now there's an idea  Wow!
    Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

StowAway

Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:56 am

...and I would say that reply 42 is where he realizes his argument has no weight. Now, I know you have only been a member for 10 days or so but when you start criticizing someone because they got 2 letters mixed up or something your entire argument and credibility go down the crapper. Try sticking to an argument based on empirical facts and intellectual thought, not petty one-line responses like a 5 year. They do nothing to help prove your point

I knew somebody would jump on this.  Smile Fact is, I couldn't help it. Falcon's post are so full of junk it is funny! S12PPL, same deal.

I am not on this thread to argue about Bush's decision to enter Iraq, or past things that have happened. The thread is "Bush Wants Another 80 Billion For Iraq," Fact is, THAT MONEY IS NEEDED! We have got to clean up shop over there!

BTW, for all this jibber jabber about how Saddam didn't cause 9/11.....
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132682,00.html
    Also, here is a copy of Colin Powell's speech to the UN:
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/2/5/151609.shtml

Oh yeah, S12PPL, about Social Security. You said Bush has no plans? You don't do your homework.
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/12/16/bush.socialsecurity.ap/index.html

I know this won't help, people simply won't put a biased opinion aside, and review the facts. It really does no good to argue..... So I won't anymore. Liberals, have at it! Flame the Administration all you want! Start all the asinine threads that your hearts can handle! Some people are clearly obsessesed... (Hell, a lot of people like to make those cute little signatures) Well, America has made it's choice.

MaverickM11

Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:01 am

"Enough with that BS B757300, why dont you go tell those hard working US Airways Flight Attendants and Gate Agents that are about to be laid off that they are lazy bums"

Huh? They aren't lazy bums...but their union leaders are lazy bums and mostly to blame. Unfortunately the employees are caught in the cross fire. But what does this have to do with anything?
    I don't take responsibility at all

Arniepie

Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:19 am

Stowaway,

I am not going to take sides in this discussion as it is mainly an American thing
    (what to do with the money, etc...)
    Just a word of advice though, I wouldn't quote FOX or Powell as a reliable unbiased news source.
    As far as I know the only good thing comming from FOX are the Simpsons an Futurama.
    And everybody still remembers the "facts" Powell showed to the UN when he gave his presentation.
    [edit post]

Yu138086

Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:25 am

And just to think that ALL the money spent on Iraq could have been used to provide universal health care for all the citizens of the USA. What a missed opportunity! To believe the politicians when they say that reforming health care is too expensive and cannot be done is to believe a BIG LIE.

Cheers