Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

L-188

RE: Gotta Love Them Liberals

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:26 am

Sorry, missed the request for guide info.

Motorhome isn't a bad idea, You could drive the loop from ANC-FAI-BIG-GKN-ANC. I have done it a couple of times car camping. I also can point out a few spots to visit in Anchorage.

You have to love Alaska, How many other states are you not only allowed to shoot the state bird, but it is also damm fine eating.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

ANCFlyer

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:32 am

Last summer when I wasn't working (I work a 2 week on 2 weeks off shift) I was in the camper . . . it's not primitive, it's got the TV, satellite, crapper, shower, full kitchen, etc . . . hey, I did my share of tent camping 24 years in the Army, no more of that shit for me!!!

I recommend the above referenced loop ANC-FAI-BIG-GKN-ANC with an additional run down to Seward and Homer. If for no other reason, the halibut fishing! Have you ever caught a 150 pound fish?!?!?!

So back on topic - liberals and at the moment guns.

Be advised Stowaway, no handguns through Canada. And there is a detaied process for bringing long guns. When I travel through Canada I keep my Shotgun - the others are left with a friend at a lodge near the Alaska/Canada border.

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

StowAway

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:54 am

Really? Would it make a good anniversary destination? Ok sorry, I am diverting the thread.... If you guys got any good advice, I would love to see it! You can e-mail me thru my profile.
A monkey's ass always talks crap.

BN747

Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:32 am

JetMechMD80 and Stowaway, you two pees-in-a-pod need to learn read a thread for what is.. no where do I say I don't like my country! I merely pointed out that nation 6 times our population does not have our gun problem nor our crime problem. You don't like that factual juxtaposition.. that's too damn bad! You both need to growth fcuk up and learn a thing a two what's happening in your own backyard instead getting pissed because you don't like how the facts shakeout. L-188 has long and storied histoy here on A.net for making stupid comments--notice, I addressed neither of them--

"Don't like the country, leave it..." Please... you can't do any better than that??? Steal some originality if you can't think up your own...

You two are relatively new here.. and starting off stupid doesn't bode well for either of you down the road. We who have been here longer have seen your act before.. it's old, it's stale, lacks any originality and can be brought off the shelf at K-Mart on a blue light special. You're offended by the comment of 'religious nutcases'??? Good! It's a title they worked very hard to earn, just this week it was Pat Robertson who made a ridiculous statement about why the Tsunami occurred, Falwell and his idiotic comments about why 9/11 occurred... both men have millions of followers in this country (and in power) and THAT...my friend EQUALS 'religious nutcases'...

Now back to the thread...
11,127 gun deaths and counting ... means one thing, a good segment of our population may very well be homicidal in nature and the rest seem to be okay with it. If the situation isn't addressed, it could easily escalated and it very well boil down to house to house searches and confiscation of all weapons (plus arrest)! If it comes to that...just what are you going to do about....I'll tell you. Absolutely nothing.

BN747

[Edited 2005-01-09 04:05:39]
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

StowAway

Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:50 am

BN747, Your comments were so insulting that they failed to make a central point.

I merely pointed out that nation 6 times our population does not have our gun problem nor our crime problem.

And I merely pointed out that each country is a different situation. Did you even read my reply, or did were you just skimming and trying to think of good buzz words for your reply?

"Don't like the country, leave it..." Please... you can't do asny better than that??? Steal some originality if you can't think up your own...

No, I can't do better. Nor, am I trying. I don't want to make a flashy point, or create flashy little quirks that contain no objective substance. I will say this to you again: Don't like the country, leave it... The country was founded on the idea that Americans are allowed to protect themselves. If you don't agree, that is fine. But, if it is enough of a problem that it engrossed you...see above comment.

You two are relatively new here.. and starting off stupid doesn't bode well for either of you down the road. We who have been here longer have seen your act before.. it's old, it's stale, lacks any originality and can be brought off the shelf at K-Mart on a blue light special.

Now that is just insulting, and lacking of thought. I am starting to see a pattern with you.... Anyways, if you have to pawn off my views on account that I am new to an aviation forum, you are exposing how weak your argument is. Like many, I shadowed this site for quite a while, and finally joined because of some of the crackpot views around here. You make my membership worth the money, Thank You.

You're offended by the comment of 'religious nutcases'???

Yes, Yes I am. I understand that there a nut jobs like Farewell out there. However, I don't appreciate the generalization to prove a point. Mention the names in your original post. You made a very offensive remark.

11,127 gun deaths and counting ... means one thing, a good segment of our population may very well be homicidal in nature and the rest seem to be okay with it.

I agree with you. That is too many. However, taking away the guns is not the answer. I think that it should be tougher to get a gun. However, when I get a gun, I will not let it be taken away and thrown in with the rest of the pile. That is because I know that the nut jobs will find a way to keep theirs, and cause havoc. My family will be safe.

L-188

Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:52 pm

Another good side trip is down to Valdez, or to Chitna.

I merely pointed out that nation 6 times our population does not have our gun problem nor our crime problem.

And China doesn't have our freedom problem either.

And that ignores the fact that there isn't a gun problem in the US, there is a criminal problem.

Two different thing.

Liberals like BN747 only treat what they think is the politically correct symptom. Never the root cause of the problem.

StarAC17

Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:10 pm

I agree with you. That is too many. However, taking away the guns is not the answer. I think that it should be tougher to get a gun.

This is exactly what gun control is at the Wal-marts in Canada they sell guns, same with Canadian tire stores. The difference is that you must show the proper documents and have a background check to get a gun. If taking away guns is not the answer then what is. More police was the only suggested answer to the huge firearm homicide rate in the US which is a fine solution except the tax hike to hire the cops needed will not go over well in the mostly conservative US.

And that ignores the fact that there isn't a gun problem in the US, there is a criminal problem.

Maybe this is the only problem so how do you intend to slove it if you even want to as you are the the richest most powerful nation on earth and are easily able to do so.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

windshear

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:25 am

Great to see Americans at least debating the issue.

L-188 your comments are quite double. Freedom is that freedom to not care or hold responsibility as to what you as a citizen can do to stop or change things?

Or is freedom the right to be and co exist?

I find the ladder one to be the correct one. But where do guns fit into that?
The fear of a neighbor does not sound as being free, nor does the wish to carry guns.

Gay rights are not one of the US's best achievements, doesn't that have something to do with being a free country?

Or in the ultimate "responsibility under freedom" society, shouldn't all drugs then be legal as each citizen holds his/her responsibility to control the use of them?

I cannot see how guns is a sign of freedom, it sounds more like a nation on the brink of civil war and chaos.
To think that prevention is achieved with aggressive behavior is to not see the entire picture.

As for your comments about that the guy should move to China?! Hmm well try to listen to what he says, I hear him say this out of care and worry for his country, not another one. To be inspired by other countries is not a bad thing you know? You could MAYBE learn something.

Boaz...
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

JetMechMD80

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:03 am

BN747,

Lets get one thing straight shall we? You made the comment about me being "relatively new here", And that is supposed to mean exactly what? Am I now supposed to beg for forgiveness, and bow down and kiss your ass because you have been on here longer than me? Get a life junior. I could care less how long you have been on here, and who and what you have seen come and go, okay? I doesn't impress me.

Now back to the subject at hand, you come on here and make blanket statements with no factual information to back up your claim, (the murder rate in China vs the US) and when I call you out on it, you ignore it, and start telling us that we are newbies, and we are supposed to be impressed by that?

Look, this is how it is supposed to work, you post BS, I call you on it, now you need to back up your claim, everyone is waiting.

I notice that you list your occupation as "film and Television Consultation" is that supposed to be a joke? Because I would think that the last thing anyone who works in "the Industry" would want to do, is to come on here and point the morality finger at any one else. After all, that would be the pot calling the kettle black, wouldn't you say? I mean really, you come from and industry that is one of the primary reasons that children today have no morals. You glorify violence, the films and videos your industry makes degrade women, who are you to say anything? Hell the problem IS you! You, and the people in your Industry have SO little talent, you are unable to make a entertaining movie anymore unless it contains violence, nudity, or profanity. Am I wrong here? Your entire profession has become a joke. And seeing what you do for a living, I now understand your comment about religion, your Industry has been at war with them for years.

So, next time you reply, why don't you try and answer the question, if you can. And I will give it to you one more time.

If a crazed gang member with a machete is coming after a woman, with the intent of raping here, and hacking her up (See Drudge Report 1/7/05) Should this woman submit to this, and give up her life, for the betterment of humanity? Or should she be allowed to protect herself, with any thing available, including a firearm? Please answer this, don't side step it.

You are a typical liberal though, when someone calls you out, and you don't have the guts to answer the question, you side-step it, and hurl insults.

So what's it going to be? Are you going to give us the Liberals solution to the above problem, or are you going ignore it again?

I am waiting junior.

"I get along great with nobody"~ Billy Idol

ANCFlyer

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:08 am

I was hoping you'd say something like that JetMechMD80. Kinda wondered how'd you react to the "Newbie" bullshit.  Big thumbs up

RU list for you, Sir! OOOhhh!, You're already on it!

[Edited 2005-01-09 19:09:57]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

L-188

Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:32 am

I find the ladder one to be the correct one. But where do guns fit into that?

Well lets look at my small collection and see if I can show you where each gun/rifle/pistol/firearm or much more appropriately tool fits in. And tools are exactly what they are. That is something that is lost on most people who are from cities and suburbia. Their retched lives only require them to move from the playstation to the fridge. But how that is ruining our kids is a subject for another discussion.

As I stated earlier the vast majority of the rifles I own are part of a collection of WWII battle rifles I have been working on as the budget allows. Although most as in calibers such as .303, 30-06, 7.62,*54, and 8mm which are all in themselves effective deer rifles, I would only feel slightly undergunned going after a moose with the 30-06.

1 have several .rimfire rifles most are in the almost universal .22LR caliber. One is a cheap romanian military training rifle, so I guess we can call that one of the collectors rifles, despite the fact it is out of era. These rifles are very good for Rabbits, Ptarmigan and other small game animals. I also now have a .17HMR, which I got to play with, that also fills the same role, but is reportedly longer and flatter shooting.

I also have a SKS which was my brush gun back when I used to do a lot of running around on a three-wheeler in the bush. I recently aquired a bolt action in the same 7.62*39. The SKS is considered by many people a "assault rilfe" which is an ill defined and abused term used by gun-grabbers such as BN747 to scare the good people of this country. It fires a heavier shell then the rimfire, so while it would really tear up a small animal such as rabbits, leaving nothing worthwhile for salvage, it is more effect at scaring away bears, which is why I usually carried it...as a good noisemaker. It also would be adquate for wolves and similar sized game. I think it would do a good job on a blacktail deer which is why I got the carbine bolt action rifle version.

For caribou I have recently aquired a M100 Winchester in .308. I really wished that it was in .243, but when you buy a mid 1950's production rifle from the consignment rack at the local sporting goods store you take what is there. It is also a semi-auto, that while has never had a military application, still runs the risk of being lumped in with those "assualt rifles' that some idiots want to ban.

The next step up is the 30.06 I would consider this a good rifle for large deer, pronhorns, Sheep and the like. I would not ever use these rifles on rabbits, it would vaporize them. Problem is that mine are heavy, which while good for readucing felt recoil. I would not use it for sheep hunting, Shleping a 1903A3 up and down mountains looking for sheep is not my idea of fun. I would like to get a much lighter rifle for that. This brings up the point that it is possible to have a rifle in the same caliber of the other and yet they have different jobs. You could have a short and stout one for working in brush. One with a long barrel for distance shooting and then one that is lightened for humping up and down mountains.

I also need to get a couple of larger caliber rifles, if I want to go after Brown Bear or Moose in a meaningful way. I pesonally would like a .338 winchester and a .458 Lott. I figure that those would allow me to get the right rifle for the right jobs.

BN747

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:10 am

Because I would think that the last thing anyone who works in "the Industry" would want to do, is to come on here and point the morality finger at any one else. After all, that would be the pot calling the kettle black, wouldn't you say? I mean really, you come from and industry that is one of the primary reasons that children today have no morals. You glorify violence, the films and videos your industry makes degrade women, who are you to say anything? Hell the problem IS you! You, and the people in your Industry have SO little talent, you are unable to make a entertaining movie anymore unless it contains violence, nudity, or profanity. Am I wrong here? Your entire profession has become a joke. And seeing what you do for a living, I now understand your comment about religion, your Industry has been at war with them for yea

JetMechMD80 you can't possibly be as stupid as you just painted yourself. You live in Las Vegas, a place where prostution is legal, and women are exploited to the MAX! Gambling can't be out down anywhere else on the planet (not to mention the house always wins-- while suckering the life savings of millions annually) and you're going lecture about about Hollywood/my job and morality??? It's just not possible to cram that much stupidity into one human brain! Or is it?

My profession is a joke??? It's most lucrative and enjoyable one out there. it's made the US the envy of the world. And I think that's what's coming out of your mouth pure unadulterated envy! Yes I get paid handsomely to clown around and come up with some crap to entertain millions for a few minutes or hours..who wouldn't want to be in that position? I could say nah... I rather be a grease monkey constantly tinkering with jet engines or repairing lavatories on MD80s.... but I won;t go there because I hold great respect for people who actually do work a hell of a lot harder than I have to. I don't disrespect anyone's occupation.. the job has to be done and someone has to do it--end of story. It's easy as hell to cast a finger at the crap that comes out of Hollywood but many people are aware of things that have come here that has brought profound changes to the lives of many--worldwide. Here's and idea..why don't you march home and toss your tv out the window while on your moral crusade... and be prepared to get your ass kicked by your wife and kids for thinking your nuts. People have been amoral for thosusands of years before tv/entertainment arrived on the scene. They were even worse to each other from 1900 on back. So what the hell are you thinking??? But back your super silly rant..given your age you'd think you could come up with better reply than what's posted.

I could also say grown the fcuk up for someone your age to even entertain the notion of 'what to do, or what do you think about a woman chased by some idiot with a machete'...dumbass..how many times a day does that happen? A month? A year? Mothers drowning and killing their won kids occur more often. Jealous ex-boy friends blasting the new boy friend occurs almost daily-- hourly worldwide! I'm not going to dig and search the gun statistics on China vs the US for YOU because you say 'prove it'... if you want to prove me wrong, you get your lazy ass busy and look it up yourself. I've been to China, I already know what it's like. I also read enough to know the biggest crime problem plaguing China is arresting the wrong 'Mr. Chan'..and odds are it's certainly not for a gun crime. Basically, your single-cell thoughts just aren't worth addressing!

Yes you are junior in your tenure here. It's great you think someone wants you to kiss their ass..but don't think for a minute anyone else here carries such a thought..but knock yourself out. Your short time here along with your comments... come of like the atypical loud mouth 13 year old who knows it all and has seen it all....imagine the surprise to find out you're a lot older... no one would ever know it if they didn't check your profile. It's because of your child-like 'If you don't like it leave it' attitude why you don't deserve to have any of your points addressed in kind. Like many here, I don't waste my time when I hear idiot comments like that... it's even worse when it comes from an adult. Now go back to counting your bullets and monitering moral deeds or whatever it is you do. You possess the global perspective of snail because discussing this issue is clearly WAY over your head....junior!

BN747

[Edited 2005-01-10 01:20:18]
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

L-188

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:06 am

I don't disrespect anyone's occupation.. the job has to be done and someone has to do it--end of story.

Bullshit. Seen the opposite from you way to many times.

I'm not going to dig and search the gun statistics on China vs the US for YOU because you say 'prove it'... if you want to prove me wrong, you get your lazy ass busy and look it up yourself.

Translation: BN747 can't back them up either. Either he made them up or is quoting the left wing lie.

BN747

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:23 am

L-188... you'll do any and say anything to gain some attention... who'd every figure you to be an attention whore?

filler

filler

filler

filler

BN747

Superfly

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:02 pm

JetMechMD80:
I mean really, you come from and industry that is one of the primary reasons that children today have no morals.

Nor does our government and the people running it. I certainly hope you're writing letters to Tom DeLay about morals. Where was W's morals when he lied to get us in to a war with Iraq?
Or was W influenced by the "violent" 'liberal media'?
Whare are the morals of religious leaders that 'pray' that certainl federal judges die?
What about corporate morality?
I don't think you can single out BN747's industry about 'morals'.

You glorify violence, the films and videos your industry makes degrade women, who are you to say anything?

Since when do conservative give a rats @ss about women being degraded? Racist sterotypes are still widely accepted in the entertainment industry. I don't hear conservatives whining about that. Please explain.

and the people in your Industry have SO little talent, you are unable to make a entertaining movie anymore unless it contains violence, nudity, or profanity. Am I wrong here?

I hate to say it but you are wrong. I hardly see any "nudity" on TV or in mainstream movies. There is NO coorelation between nudity and street punks and crazy madmen randomly shooting people. European and Asian movies has more nudity than ours yet they aren't as violent of societies we are. Please explain. If you're going to bash an entire industry, I guess you can't let the FOX Network (GOPTV) off the hook either.

Let's stay on topic without knocking others professions.

[Edited 2005-01-10 08:13:36]
Bring back the Concorde

airlinelover

Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:52 pm

You goddamn liberals!!

Signed,

Hairyass
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

StowAway

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:24 am

JetMechMD80 you can't possibly be as stupid as you just painted yourself. You live in Las Vegas, a place where prostution is legal

Not to jump in on the argument between you....(JetMech doesn't need the help in making BN747 look like a fool), but I would like to submit this as exhibit 1a in the case of BN747 not knowing what he is talking about. Prostitution is actually on the books as illegal in that county.  Big grinNot to mention the fact that the original point was the industry that you work in 747. To counter with location? Weak, at best

I am going to have to throw the Bull Shit flag on BN747. I really find it hard to believe that you are as old as you say your are, due to the fact that you can't have a logical conversation without immature rantings.

Since when do conservative give a rats @ss about women being degraded? Racist sterotypes are still widely accepted in the entertainment industry. I don't hear conservatives whining about that. Please explain.

Another wrong statement. I can't tell you how many watch dog groups are out their pounding the pavement against different issues with Hollywood. Hell, from Desperate Housewives to The Simpsons.... somebody has taken an issue with it. People are sick of the disgusting lack of substance, and the substitution of flash. Well, that comes from the heart and soul of America. People in Hollywood live a COMPLETE different life style.

I hate to say it but you are wrong. I hardly see any "nudity" on TV or in mainstream movies.

Nothing needs to be said there. You obviously haven't been to the movies lately.

MD-90

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:33 am

JetMech, don't let BN747's immature ravings bother you. According to BN747 I'm just a "raving sczhitzo band camp dweeb" myself.

Superfly

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:55 am

StowAway:
Not to mention the fact that the original point was the industry that you work in 747.

Incorrect. The "original point" was about a foolish gun control law being proposed by elected officials in my city . I explained the real reason behind this but people ignored it and decided to change the topic and flame one another.

I can't tell you how many watch dog groups are out their pounding the pavement against different issues with Hollywood. Hell, from Desperate Housewives to The Simpsons.... somebody has taken an issue with it.

Sounds like these 'watch dog groups' need to get a life. Do these people have real jobs? If they don't like certain programs, why can't they turn the channel? What ever happened to freedom of choice? The Simpsons comes on FOX!
Well I'll be darned!

People are sick of the disgusting lack of substance, and the substitution of flash.

I agree 100% with you there but that's hardly a part of any political movement.

Well, that comes from the heart and soul of America.

That's part of the problem right there! For some strange reason, you feel that you are more American than others.
Honestly since the age of 10 years old, I haven't been much of a TV hog/couch potato. Every since the TV show CHiPS went off air, there hasn't been too much to intrigue me that much on TV.  Smile

People in Hollywood live a COMPLETE different life style.

NO $h!t!
They are MOVIE STARS!
Of course they live a different lifestyle!
People in Hollywood live a diffferent lifestyle than those in Inglewood (10 miles south of Hollywood).
People in Hollywood live a different lifestyle than those in Pasadena (15 miles east of Hollywood).
People in Hollywood live a different lifestyle than us here in San Francisco (400 miles north of Hollywood).

Hell people in my neigborhood live a different lifestyle than those in Chinatown and the Castro district.  Insane

What is your point Stowaway or did you have one?

Nothing needs to be said there. You obviously haven't been to the movies lately.

Incorrect again.
I saw the movie 'Ray' last month and I saw 'Meet The Fokkers' last week. No nudity in any of those.

Bring back the Concorde

StowAway

Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:36 am

Superfly;
Since when do conservative give a rats @ss about women being degraded? Racist sterotypes are still widely accepted in the entertainment industry. I don't hear conservatives whining about that.

StowAway:
I can't tell you how many watch dog groups are out their pounding the pavement against different issues with Hollywood. Hell, from Desperate Housewives to The Simpsons.... somebody has taken an issue with it.

Superfly:
Sounds like these 'watch dog groups' need to get a life.

Flip, Flop - Your point was saying that Racist ster(e)otypes are still widely accepted. I simply say, bull fesces.

My point is that people is Hollywood often exhibit an obtuse sense of reality. In this case, BN747 is an example.

That's part of the problem right there! For some strange reason, you feel that you are more American than others.

Yes, I feel that I am more in touch with general American culture that somebody in Hollywood. I make no secret of that.

Superfly:
I hate to say it but you are wrong. I hardly see any "nudity" on TV or in mainstream movies.

Later says:
I saw the movie 'Ray' last month and I saw 'Meet The Fokkers' last week. No nudity in any of those.

Your original point was aimed at the general mainstream movies. You give two examples of such. That is not such a solid case. There are numerous movies with plenty of nudity in them.

BN747

Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:56 am

JetMech, don't let BN747's immature ravings bother you. According to BN747 I'm just a "raving sczhitzo band camp dweeb" myself.

Not quite.. you're notorious and documented here at A.net as it's formost 'racist raving sczhitzo band camp dweeb"... but what's that got do with the thread?

Stowaway, grow the fcuk up... and come out of the 18th century. A boob flashed here, a butt shown there... what the hell is the big deal? Nudity leads to what exactly??? Kids watching tv are going to want to jump up and suddenly run around the house naked? Around the class room??? Heaven forbid when you make your 1st trip to europe and see a topless woman sunning in a public park! Or in the US you see a woman whip her tit to feed her kid.. you sound like the type that file a lawsuit because of seeing as much! You and Jetmech probably own every Play Station/Xbox violent game there is..and surely you've played it! And guess what? It doesn't come from Hollywood!

I think you're confusing smut/porn from the San Fernando Valley with legit Hollywood films... and just who are the biggest purchasers of the product? The ones running around claiming to be 'holier than thou' ... people just like you! The largest perpatrators are always the largest and loudest of protesters against issues of 'morality'.. it never fails we see it exposed time and time again. Nudity depicted in legit Hollywood films reflect true life. People get nude, have sex, are perverts, are freaks. Did you bitch about nudity in Top Gun, Full Metal Jacket, Taxi Driver, Animal House, The Godfather, Rocky, 48 Hours,Absolute Power, Clear and Present Danger? If you did, you need a serious reality check! People like you need to cease scapegoating and vilifying facts of life-- our bodies and the simple subject of sex. If you haven't engaged in sex yet..one day you will..and you'll get over it..it's no big deal! You find it isn't criminal and you'll find women don't consider it degrading unless you yourself choose to pervert it. Does our society have perverts...? Too many to count, enough films can't be made to showcase just what America is doing when no one is looking. But the facts are, with Europe's HEALTHIER and open attitude about sex/nudity vs that in the US... rapes are greater in number here in the US than europe by a NY mile! Look that up.

If it's violence in film you abhor, then you need only to look at real life for more horrifying influences..no film ever depicted planes crashing into crowded skyscrapers or two kids getting guns and shooting school classmates. The mantra 'truth is stranger than fiction' exist for a reason..because it is. And as I said above, the US was a far more immoral country long before Hollywood arrived on the scene. The birth of this nation is about as immoral of civilization before it... the vitual wholesale destruction and wiping out and entire race of people in order to take their land. The enslavement/murder of millions more to build it's very foundation. History ringing a bell yet? Get off you high horse fella'.. don't go around screaming morality flaws when you are benefitting from the greatest moral crimes every inflicted. Talk about a bullshit flag...you're wrapped in one! And it reeks of hypocracy!

but I would like to submit this as exhibit 1a in the case of BN747 not knowing what he is talking about. Prostitution is actually on the books as illegal in that county.

Oh is it? So what are the police doing? Looking the other way? There are more legally tolerated call girl services in Vegas than the entire country of Holland! It may be illegal on the books..but look yourself in the eye (use a mirror) and say it isn't going on in there and that anything and everything is being done to enforce the 'illegality of it'...either that or admit you don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about.

And L-188, I know you've looked it up and have found that China with it's 1.5 billion people have vitually ZERO annual gun deaths vs the US's 291 million people and 11,127 guns deaths a year. The police don't even carry guns! No guards.. the police! But it's okay, you don't to admit that you don't know what the hell you were talking about earlier either.

BN747

L-188

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:00 am

Did you bitch about nudity in Top Gun

What nudity in Top Gun?

Or was there a Tomcat with some Stressed Skin Panels exposed?

The police don't even carry guns! No guards.. the police!

The Police in the US don't have the army backing them up.

Superfly

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:02 am

StowAway:
I simply say, bull fesces.

Is that the best you can do?  Confused

My point is that people is Hollywood often exhibit an obtuse sense of reality.

They ALWAYS have exhibited an obtuse sense of reality. Duh!  Insane

Yes, I feel that I am more in touch with general American culture that somebody in Hollywood. I make no secret of that.

You keep telling yourself that.

There are numerous movies with plenty of nudity in them.

You seem to have a knack for picking out movies with nudity in them. You are one nasty little horndog!  Laugh out loud  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Bring back the Concorde

L-188

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:08 am

Oh I know what is going on BN747.

You have a Top Gun confused with it's knockoff- Top Slong.

or

the Air force version.....The Great Shag-tini

StowAway

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:18 am

Stowaway, grow the fcuk up... and come out of the 18th century. A boob flashed here, a butt shown there... what the hell is the big deal? Nudity leads to what exactly???

I have no objections to the occasional nudity in a film to express an artistic point. After all, that is what movie ratings are for, and parents should use their own discretion. My original argument is that Hollywood has been saturating the entertainment industry with sex, and glorifying violence. What TV shows have you had a hand in? I am just curious.

If you haven't engaged in sex yet..one day you will..and you'll get over it..it's no big deal! You find it isn't criminal and you'll find women don't consider it degrading unless you yourself choose to pervert it.

Sensationalism, pure and true. Hell, you are using sex as an insult to market a point! You have made my case for me! I love Hollywood. The people are amusing.

If it's violence in film you abhor, then you need only to look at real life for more horrifying influences..no film ever depicted planes crashing into crowded skyscrapers or two kids getting guns and shooting school classmates.

I'll take "Totally incorrect statements" for 500, Alex.

And as I said above, the US was a far more immoral country long before Hollywood arrived on the scene

Same category for $1000, Alex.

Oh is it? So what are the police doing? Looking the other way? There are more legally tolerated call girl services in Vegas than the entire country of Holland!

The point is that you were wrong about prostitution being legal in Las Vegas. That is a common misconception. Everywhere has these "escort services." There are always loopholes. Hollywood making this a sex driven society makes the business good for escort services I would imagine.

You continue to post about China, and other countries. I still contend that every country's situation is different. If we established policies based on what other countries do.....we are in trouble.

Superfly

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:18 am

L-188:
Actually the police DO have the military to back them up. They are just a phone call away. The national gaurd was called in to L.A. during the uprising in 1992.

Stowawy:
If you want to see violence, just watch the images of families being blown to pieces in Iraq. Do you have children? If so, would you let them watch that?
Or is it OK to kille them because they are non-W.A.S.P. on the other side of the world?  Insane

BN747:
I was a part of that San Fernando Valley adult film industry. I did one flick back in 1994. Instead of relying on government handouts, I believe in legaly earning my money. I am afriad that Stowaway may have one of the adult flix I was in. He seems to have a lot more time on his hands and a knack for finding films with "nudity". Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

StowAway

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:22 am

StowAway:
I simply say, bull fesces.

Is that the best you can do?

When you only post half a quote, yes.

Superfly

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:27 am

Stowaway:
You are the one that draged sex in to this discussion. Come on and open up and tell us what's bugging you.
No need to flame me because I had kind words for you in my first reply to you. Just scroll up and read for yourself. Also I agree with you 100% on the gun control issue. I agree with BN747 on just about everything else.
BN747 is a very smart level headed member here but he will not waste his intellect on those who is not on his level.
I mean come on, the topic is about a few elected officials in my city that are proposing a policy that is proven to be a failure. Then you come along knocking another member's profession and talking about sex. What in the hell?  Confused
Your not doing a good job in defending the 2nd. Amendment pal.
Just let me and L-188 take over from here OK.  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

L-188

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:36 am

L-188:
Actually the police DO have the military to back them up.

It isn't quite that simple.

EA CO AS

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:38 am

how do these quotes relate to your rather radical interpretation of the Second Amendment?

I question the term "radical interpretation" when the aforementioned quotes in reply #56 are the interpretations of those same founding fathers and other early statesmen in the history of the nation.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

jaysit

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:39 am

It's an argument about gun control paving the way to Socialism.

Not ONE of you saw that?

No.

It takes a particular brand of ideologically rigid, "deer in the headlights" brand of social conservative hypocrite who spews incredibly asinine bits and pieces of stupefyingly stupid, incoherent random musings to "see" that.

You don't like policies you view as socialistic?

Vote the politicians who create them out of power. It takes a vote, not a bullet. Join the rest of civilization.

Atheism is Myth Understood.

BN747

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:41 am

Your original point was aimed at the general mainstream movies. You give two examples of such. That is not such a solid case. There are numerous movies with plenty of nudity in them.

What is it with this kid and nudity??? Do you piss sitting down or something? The only thing you're in touch with is some delusional imagery that you know more of what this country is all about than the very people who make and set cultural trends! Exactly what 'american culture 'do you feel you have your pulse on that no one in Hollywood has? If it's church and religious in nature... keep it, we've made it very clear that stuff is all bullshit! I gotta hear his reply to this it oughta' be good..

The Police in the US don't have the army backing them up.

They don't??? The National Guard showed up to back up the LAPD during the LA Riots! The National Guard is the Army! If they aren't..then someone had better tell those guys in Baghdad who are doing Army duties! L-188..can it while you're behind!

have a Top Gun confused with it's knockoff- Top Slong

Jeez L-188.. you get more pathetic with each post... do something constructive.. like stop calling Michael Moore a 'lard-ass'..and get your own fat ass in a gym and lose some weight! You'll feel much better about yourself.

BN747

ANCFlyer

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:55 am

Superfly: Actually the police DO have the military to back them up. They are just a phone call away. The national gaurd was called in to L.A. during the uprising in 1992.

Sure did, unarmed! Wait- check that, they had guns . . . and no bullets.

The regulations and requirement for calling out the National Guard in support of civil law enforcement is covered under NGR (National Guard Regulation) 500-1. Very, very specific circumstances must be met.

Superfly

Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:02 am

BN747:
Since the conservatives want to talk about TV instead of guns, when will there be an end to 'reality TV shows and crap TV that's all about tearing up people emotionaly such as 'Who's Your Daddy' and 'The Apprentice'?

We need more shows that tastefully faces social problems head on as did Different Strokes, Threes Company, The Jefferesons, Good Times, The Facts Of Life and All In The Family. Uh-oh, those shows made people think and a thinking mass of people isn't adventagous to corporate America.
Also we need TV shows that have good theme music such as Dynasy, Dallas, Falcon Crest, Love Boat, The Fall Guy and Charlies Angels. TV theme noise today is retarded. Then again, so are those who watch it.

Maybe I am just living in a time warp.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Bring back the Concorde

Superfly

Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:09 am

ANCFlyer:
Very, very specific circumstances must be met.

Such as maybe a revolution ?
If so, I guess the 2nd. Amendment is bogus then huh?  Confused

Perhaps all they saw were store owners letting every one in to steel candy, alarm clocks and cassette tapes. Afterall, there insurance company would take care of those store owners. I guess it wasn't worth the military killing off there fellow countrymen for looting.
Bring back the Concorde

BN747

Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:10 am

Hollywood making this a sex driven society makes the business good for escort services I would imagine.

Boy, are you short on history! There's a series called the 'History of Sex' that runs periodically on the History Channel...watch it! You'll learn how the US gov't/military got involved with setting/regulating up 'bordellos (whorehouses) near military installations after the Civil War and up til WWII and beyond that. Humans have been sex driven from DAY 1! Hollywood films don't make people want to run out of a theatre and 'get their freak on'... you Stowaway.. really need to get out more.

Superfly, just incase... send Stowaway a copy of your porn flick.. I'm sure he could get a few pointers from it.

You continue to post about China, and other countries. I still contend that every country's situation is different. If we established policies based on what other countries do.....we are in trouble.

That statement emerges from arrogance extra-ordinaire... this country has learned a great deal from many nations around the world, it shouldn't stop now because of your nationalistic pride (which comes from nothing you had anything to do with...other than being born here).

The China reference (if you haven't figured it out yet) merely points out how a nation 6 times our size in population...isn't running around blasting the shit out of each other... and the inaccessibiltiy to hand guns have everything to do with it. Because I'm certain their are a lot guys over there walking around going 'if I had a gun.. I'd blast his ass right now'... be an ex-boss, or a love interest rival.

BN747

Superfly

Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:14 am

BN747:
Superfly, just incase... send Stowaway a copy of your porn flick.. I'm sure he could get a few pointers from it.

I don't want to make him jealous!
He sounds like someone with penis envy!

Sorry Stowawy, it was just too obvious!  Laugh out loud
Bring back the Concorde

BN747

Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:33 am

Yes Superfly, you do long for 'the good ole days'..but what's on now is mixture of what people want and a pile of crap someone wants to 'gamble on' that the average person will buy!

But seriously, look at the top rated shows. 24, Law & Order, NYPD Blue, CSI, ER series..all of them involve violence and most all taken from true occurences. These shows are viewed by many because televison appears to our greatest sense... our eyes. Because of sight, we are some seriously voyueristic creatures! We want to see everything, but we don't. Take the beheadings that began in Iraq.. they were posted on this site within minutes and damn near every here was downloading and commenting on them. You've seen how people ty up traffic by slowing down to gawk at an accident to 'see how much carnage they can witness' so they can run back and tell someone. Or slow don't to yell something stupid to those involved because they held up you and everyone else in traffic. We have been this way long before Hollywood arrived. Hell, Americans used to pack a picnic lunch and the whole family go out and watch a lynching or a hanging or view John Dillingers body. People can blame Hollwood all they want.. but that's just pure ignorance and laziness on their part to really examine what our problems truly stem from.

As for bad tv, well it's like escargo, some people like it..others don't. It's like porn you may like huge juggs (sorry ladies) others can get off watching someone suck toes for 2 hours-- go figure! Some things just unequivocally defy explanation! America has always been about if someone can make it..and another willing to pay for it... 'it' won't end.. until the money dries up! That's America for ya... capitalism in it's most basic form, plain and simple!

BN747

Superfly

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:07 am

BN747:
we are some seriously voyueristic creatures!

I agree and voyuerweb.com is one of my favorite sites. Check it out.  Smokin cool

Hell, Americans used to pack a picnic lunch and the whole family go out and watch a lynching or a hanging or view John Dillingers body.

Were those the people in middle-America that Stowaway is a part of and in touch with?

but what's on now is mixture of what people want and a pile of crap someone wants to 'gamble on' that the average person will buy!

True. Perfect examples are the Pet Rock, Millie Vanille, Vannila Ice, Emenem, Elimidate, Singled Out, Rikki Lake, TLC, Backstreet Boys, 50cent and Creed are all perfect examples of garbage. The industry has the means to market and distribute anything they want and teengers will buy it up.

It cost a lot more money to make shows such as Dynasty than Elimidate. There is always some dumb fool out there that just wants to be
Bring back the Concorde

spinzels

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:37 am

I question the term "radical interpretation" when the aforementioned quotes in reply #56 are the interpretations of those same founding fathers and other early statesmen in the history of the nation.

I addressed this extensively in posts #59, and #62 .

If you want to disagree with me fine, but at least bother to write one or two sentences explaining why I’m wrong.

At any rate, this interpretation of the Second Amendment is by definition a radical interpretation since not a single court in the United States has endorsed it. In fact, I’m still waiting to hear of a single gun law that has been invalidated on Second Amendment grounds.
I've been to Paradise, but I've never been to me

L-188

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:42 am

Also we need TV shows that have good theme music such as Dynasy, Dallas, Falcon Crest, Love Boat, The Fall Guy and Charlies Angels

Man you left out the intro to "Simon and Simon". Forgot about that one for years until this Christmas, when my brother and sister got me. the DVD of Season 1 of Magnum PI. In the special features is a copy of the carry over episode of Magnum and Simon and Simon.

Morgan Fairchild is in it.....puurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

They don't??? The National Guard showed up to back up the LAPD during the LA Riots! The National Guard is the Army! If they aren't..then someone had better tell those guys in Baghdad who are doing Army duties! L-188..can it while you're behind!

Too bad they didn't have any cartidges issued with them. Makes those M-16's about as effective as plastic bats......Now the M1 Garand. There is a solid piece of hickory for that stock that makes a great club.

Oh btw: the store owners that wheren't looted in LA where the ones that where armed and able to defend their stores. Something the police where hopelessly unable to prevent. And legally not required to prevent.

Superfly

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:52 am

L-188:
Oh btw: the store owners that wheren't looted in LA where the ones that where armed and able to defend their stores.

...and the ones that said "Black owned" on front.
But that didn't stop the non-Blacks from looting there stores.

Simon & Simon has a decent them song. I like that electric slide guitar.  Smokin cool
I know how to play all of the Magnum PI theme on guitar.
Gee I am so talented!  Nuts
Bring back the Concorde

L-188

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:55 am

The orginal theme or the one they used after show 6?

Superfly

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:10 am

L-188:
Uuuuuuh, the most popular version.
Bring back the Concorde

BN747

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:26 am

Edit...

Duplicate..

Post...

BN747

[Edited 2005-01-11 00:00:54]

BN747

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:28 am

Oh btw: the store owners that wheren't looted in LA where the ones that where armed and able to defend their stores. Something the police where hopelessly unable to prevent. And legally not required to prevent.

Oh that's real smart! Get into a gunfight with a mob of unruly gun-wielding lunatics to save your Snickers Bars and Doritos from being stolen....

Some of those you mentioned above, quickly became a statistic trying to save a crate of Cheetos! I'd say that's worth dying for!

Plenty of stores in Beverly Hills got looted too... instead of mounting an armed defense to save Guess jeans and Ferraris... they just let the Insurance companies worry about it! Instead of dying trying to save some materialistic bullshit. Real bright there L-188... I hope like hell that isn't a indication of your brilliance when strategizing under fire....

BN747

windshear

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:48 am

Wow you guys!!

This has turned into a chick fight (sorry girls!)...

L-188 wow you seem really proud of your collection!
But why did you feel the need or relevanse for this kind of detailed information?

Owning antique guns are not what I am against, hunting is a sport, which I am against, but it is considered a sport or hobby  Big grin

Anyways rifles are one thing, but owning guns for defensive purposes, that's where I draw the line.

I would rather have it that you commented my reply instead of giving me information about something I did not ask for and have no interest in...

Sorry because I can see that your collection means a great deal to you, but I just have no need for that info.

Boaz...
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

MD-90

Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:29 am

You know, when I first watched Top Gun, my mother fast forwarded through the sex scene, tame as it was (by today's standards). I was maybe 8-9 or so.

L-188, have you ever read Boston's Gun Bible? I'd already decided to get a Glock .45, even though I'm not too crazy about the lack of a safety, but his book made me want to get an M1A (or M14, depending on availability).

L-188

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:00 am

No MD-90 can't say I have.

Windshear, what I was trying to illustrate that you have different tools for different jobs, just like there are different firearms for different jobs and a lot of times those jobs aren't interchangable. Which is one of the reasons why I am totally against any sort of "total owned" limits. It sounded like the post you made, you where questioning why there are so many types of weapons

What I have noticed that that any gun arguement will boil down to self-defense and shooting criminals and that ignores the majority of uses of firearms for sports, hobbies, work, and fun. That I think narrows the arguement for banning them to a rediculously small level.

Also a lot of the arguement about "Military arms are more dangerous" that are used by the gun grabbers don't hold water when you take a look at the history, and what came from where.

Owning antique guns are not what I am against, hunting is a sport, which I am against, but it is considered a sport or hobby

Where I am, it isn't a sport, it is survival. A lot of people hunt for the freezer, not the wall I grew up on wild game. I frankly hope to god that I will eventally be able to take my kids hunting and fishing. Being able to claim that you where the one that caught the fish or shot the deer that fed the family that night is a big deal for a kid a provides a sense of self-worth and contribution to the family that a kid is suburbia doesn't get when all he or she does is get off the bus and plop down in front of the X-box with a bag of Cheetos.

[Edited 2005-01-11 01:04:34]

StowAway

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:41 am

BN747 and Superfly:

Let me ask you something. When you go to bed at night, do you feel good knowing that you have thrown childish insults in substitute of making a solid point? Your disgusting insults close the case that you have no solid morals.

My point was that America is in a culture war right now. You have traditional people, and then a culture that is growing to glorify violence, and yes, sex. Hell, that is the culture I grew up with. Sorry if my point was clouded around flaming. That contradicts myself, because I am always harping about being objective. My objective point on gun control is that taking the guns away will not help. I believe the solution is to be much harder on felons the first time. Mad dad is a cop. Growing up I heard too many times of how he would find the same people around town committing the crimes. Now, take away the people around town's defense, and what are you left with?

One more thing, BN747... and I really intend for the venom in my posts to be aimed towards BN747. Superfly, sorry that you got caught in the middle.

If it's church and religious in nature... keep it, we've made it very clear that stuff is all bullshit!

That right there sums up Hollywood. Look, this is a free country. That is fine if you don't agree with the foundation or religion of somebody. But to call somebody's beliefs or morals "bullshit," is completely asinine. Not to mention offensive. Well, it would be if I believed that your views contained intelligence.....

Throw all the "penis" jokes, and childish insults you want. Hopefully it will help you for whatever you have been short changed in.