Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Jalto27R
Topic Author

Michael Moore To Win People's Choice Award

Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:52 am

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/37874.htm
Wonderful, this man has done nothing but make his life a big lie. I hope he gets triple the boo's tonight as he did when he ranted on last time. In the words of David T. Hardy, and Jason Clarke, Michael Moore is a big fat stupid white man.

S12PPL

RE: Michael Moore To Win People's Choice Award

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:18 am

Oh, look! The right wingers are here!

My guess, is all the repubs are jealous that he's making so much money off the truth. By the way, how's it comin for Bush finding a new cabinet? Anyone else abandon ship this week? I stopped watching after the first half of them left Smile

What I also find funny, is now Michael Moore is making a movie about how bad HMO's are. All of a sudden those republicans that wouldn't even speak to him after 9/11 came out, want to call him and congratulate and thank him for this new movie. Funny how that works, 'aint it? Smile  Smile
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

[email protected]

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:27 am

Well if Bush can get re-elected then anything is possible...

[email protected]
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Jalto27R
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:35 am

What I also find funny, is now Michael Moore is making a movie about how bad HMO's are. All of a sudden those republicans that wouldn't even speak to him after 9/11 came out, want to call him and congratulate and thank him for this new movie. Funny how that works, 'aint it?

He doesn't make movies for the politics, to be a good person to the public. He makes movies and sells books so he can make money and get PR. That's all he lives for. Notice how after the election he ran back into his little hole?

My guess, is all the repubs are jealous that he's making so much money off the truth.

Where is there truth in anything he writes or makes? Just about everything he's done has been discredited, and his only response to being revealed is that the person/group the movie/book targeted paid off the critics.

ANCFlyer

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:48 am

Anyone with enough money can find a target audience, produce a film aimed at that wants, beliefs and desires of that target audience and the target audience will buy it hook, line and sinker. End result, more money for the maker of said film, the pot sufficiently stirred.

In Michael Moore's case, he went off into liberal dumocrat land, found that target, produced his bullshit film and was gone. I didn't see it help Kerry get elected, perhaps that's because more people saw it for the utter line of shit it really was, or simply because more people - dumocrat and republican alike - are smarter than he. Either way the end result . . . Michael Moore could give a flying fuck about foreign policy, soldiers in combat, or anything else that doesn't make him a little bit of $$$.

He's a great producer of fiction films . . . . that's his claim to fame.

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

HOMER71

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:54 am

Just by posting threads like this, you're giving Michael Moore what he wants...publicity (negative or otherwise).

By the way, how's it comin for Bush finding a new cabinet? Anyone else abandon ship this week?

Oooh, nice comeback  Big grin It's normal for two-term presidents to have an almost new cabinet in the second term. Only four lasted through Clinton's term; only one lasted through Reagan's term.
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

N766UA

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:03 am

I know quite a few ardent democrats who think Moore is a total piece of crap but, mind you, these are the free-thinking dems I know. They have plenty of good reasons as to why they hate him whereas those who love Moore really don't know why except he's against Bush.

Jalto27R
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:20 am

Just by posting threads like this, you're giving Michael Moore what he wants...publicity (negative or otherwise).

I'm sure he checks A.net daily  Big grin

StarAC17

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:26 am

Where is there truth in anything he writes or makes?

Then he would have had everything he has taken away from him via lawsuits and I'm pretty sure that if republicans could find a way to sue him and take everything from him they would in a heartbeat.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

aa61hvy

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:33 am

He was such a good choice as the main star in SuperSize Me.
Go big or go home

Falcon84

Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:46 am

Jalto, don't turn into another Rsmith, and bitch and complain about anything liberal, just because you don't like it. Who really CARES if he's getting the award, and even more, who even CARES what you think about it?

Cry, cry, cry. Grow up, kid.
Work Right, Fly Hard

SSTjumbo

Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:03 am

As a conservative on most issues, who cares? All it shows is the agenda of the People's Choice awards. I have other things to worry about.
I don't know, so this is my signature.

Jalto27R
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:22 am

Jalto, don't turn into another Rsmith, and bitch and complain about anything liberal, just because you don't like it. Who really CARES if he's getting the award, and even more, who even CARES what you think about it?

Cry, cry, cry. Grow up, kid.

Straight from a man who can't seem to stop crying himself. How many anti-conservative baby threads have you started again?

Then he would have had everything he has taken away from him via lawsuits and I'm pretty sure that if republicans could find a way to sue him and take everything from him they would in a heartbeat.

He can say anything he wants about the administration, truth or not, there's nothing against it.

ANCFlyer

Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:54 am

He can say anything he wants about the administration, truth or not, there's nothing against it.

I wouldn't go that far . . . . there are laws . . . so far, as I can tell, he hasn't broken any . . . but don't bet your shorts he isn't tading on thin ice . . . .

Ok, I just read your profile Jalto27R . . . I mean no offense really, but I have discovered I'm trying to make a point (as is Falcon) with a 15 year old. No offense, but when you became "presidentially aware" Mr. Clinton was in office. Not exactly a stellar example for you . . . . my apologies! So your warped ideologies aren't necessarily self-inflicted . . . you've been Clintonized. I suppose you think it okay to get a nobber in your office (or will when you get one) . . . .

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Jalto27R
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:09 am

No offense, but when you became "presidentially aware" Mr. Clinton was in office. Not exactly a stellar example for you . . . . my apologies! So your warped ideologies aren't necessarily self-inflicted . . . you've been Clintonized.

Clintonized? Where exactly are you going with that?

Falcon84

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:19 am

Straight from a man who can't seem to stop crying himself. How many anti-conservative baby threads have you started again?

Anti-conservative? Is that what the name is for critisizing the president? I'll remember that. And haven't started too many lately. In fact, I've been very impressed with the president's attempt to reach across the aisle, and to try to be a little less confrontational. His appointing of Mr. Clinton to help raise money for Tsunami relief was such a move.
Work Right, Fly Hard

ANCFlyer

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:23 am

Clintonized? Where exactly are you going with that?

Where I'm going is that you've not had a "good example" of what a REAL President, a true leader should be about. . . . notice please I didn't say anything about Dubya either . . . you've had no personal exposure to Reagan, or JFK

Simply that you've only really experienced Slick Willie Clinton and Dubya.

I don't begrudge Slick Willie for getting a little Monica . . . but I take issue with him doing it in the Oral (I mean Oval) office; not the place . . . and what transpired is between he, Monica and the Sheister Lawyer he's married to . . . .

No secret hidden meaning there. Simply that your two examples of a President have been Slick Willie and Dubya . . . .

skyservice_330

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:26 am

Let me get this straight ... as a republican you have Bush in the White House and a pretty strong hold on every chamber of government and you are bitching because Micheal Moore is getting the People's Choice Award??!!
HOLY MIXED UP PRIORITIES / SCRAPING THE BOTTOM OF THE BUCKET FOR THINGS TO BITCH ABOUT BATMAN!!

ConcordeBoy

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:39 am

...not when you're targeting public figures.

If what you claim were accurate, tabloids would be a thing of the past.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

Jalto27R
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:02 am

HOLY MIXED UP PRIORITIES / SCRAPING THE BOTTOM OF THE BUCKET FOR THINGS TO BITCH ABOUT BATMAN!!

So then you would agree that this entire situation is due to liberal leanings?

And ANC, I see where you are going, and I agree. I don't believe Clinton nor Bush are that great of presidents. There have been one too many mistakes made by either side, whether there were good intentions made or not.

skyservice_330

Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:13 am

So are you pissed because Micheal Moore is getting the award or because the Peoples Choice Award is, in your opinion, liberal leaning?

If its the latter, WHO CARES?! .. its a freaking televised award show, one of many that occur. Find a bigger fish to fry. If its the former, then I stick to my original comment- you have Bush in the White House and a strong hold over every chamber of government AND you are bitching that Mike Moore is getting this award?

Jalto27R
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:36 am

Maybe you didn't read all my posts and put the pieces together. I can't stand Moore for one, who cares only about PR and $, at other's expense. And secondly the fact that he will use this award to prop another speech, that I'm sure you'll be listening to.

skyservice_330

Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:44 am

Naw, I got better things to do then watch the People's Choice Awards.

S12PPL

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:03 pm

Homer:

Yes, but look how many cabinet members are barely escaping the George W. cabinet with they're reputations in-tact. It was pointless for Bush to even have Powel in his cabinet, he never listened to him anyways. Hell, he was the most intellegent person in the white house!

DC10GUY

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:23 pm

History will be Mikes greatest reward... 50 years from now while we are still paying for Dubyas oil war, people will say "That Michael Moore sure hit the nail on the head with that Fahrenheit 911 movie". A true American hero, May God bless him always
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

L-188

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:34 pm

Careful you don't step in the Hollywood B.S. there.

And they wonder why america is starting to revolt against them.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

scottieprecord

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:38 pm

I think this was a CBS/Dan Rather conspiracy...

Lord knows most of the country didn't think that was the best movie of year.

-Mike

b757300

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:53 pm

Seeing how people voted online this year for the winner, I'm surprised Michael Moron doesn't win every category. Democrats and the Morons flooded every election debate polls (on the orders from the DNC/Kerry Campaign) and had them all say Kerry won every debate by 90% or more. They even used BOTs to pad the results. (One CNN poll had to be pulled because it was getting over 10,000 votes per minute, all for Kerry.)

If one looks at the actual amount of money that every show took in, F911 is way down at the bottom. The only reason it is winning is because a small number of people have rigged the voting. If it was really that popular, then George Bush would not have won reelection by an overwhelming amount. F911 appeals to the far left kook fringe, not to the vast majority of Americans.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

DC10GUY

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:58 pm

Stupid democrats ... While they where stuffing the phone polls the republicans where out stuffing the ballot boxes in Ohio ... When it comes to tricks the republicans win by a clear majority.
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

S12PPL

Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:51 pm

Not in Washington this year! This time the Republicans will not be successful in they're attempt to steal the Washington Gubernatorial race!

Jalto27R
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:04 pm

ANCFlyer

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:47 pm

Ok, I just watched the fat ass get his award . . . I was prepared for his usual ranting and raving and absurd oratory. I almost changed the channel . . . .but . . .

Credit where it's due however. He actually had a very middle of the road, and somewhat subdued speech. I was pleasantly surprised.

Nothing like that Right Wing Liberal Martin Sheen. Damn good actor Martin Sheen, but oughta keep company with his pal Hanoi Jane . . . .

S12PPL

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:07 pm

ANC:

Do people come to where you live and call you names because they don't agree with your conservative views? I didn't think so. Quiet time, big guy.

ANCFlyer

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:15 pm

Well, S12PPL, I'm not sure anyone specifically has ever come all the way up here to call me a Conservative Warmongering Ass (it's a bit of a commute even from SEA) . . . . but, it's their right to do so . . . . just as it's your right to ask the question . . .

By reading your profile I see you have a political opinion too - hypocritical post you've sent isn't it.

rsmith6621a

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:53 pm

My Hat is off to Mr Michael Moore........He deserves it...

Mr Moore woke up a portion of society and exposed the Bush family for what it really is.......A BUNCH OF CROOKS. Moore could single handedly be responsible for the largest voter turnout in US history.

The Iraq WAR is a farce.....Bush being compassionate is a farce.......BUSH Having the favor of JESUS is a insult to Jesus and the entirety of Christianity all the way from St Peter to the present.

As it is figured now Bush has 577 days until IMPEACHMENT begins.....Bush cannot hide the real him for much longer and for all of you who support his presidency you will be utterly shocked to see how much he has been working against your best intrest.

MUST I SIGN MT NAME
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

ANCFlyer

Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:02 pm

Moore could single handedly be responsible for the largest voter turnout in US history.

You're as delusional as ever RSmith. But at least you're consistent.

As it is figured now Bush has 577 days until IMPEACHMENT begins

And from what way the hell out there left field might this Impeachment bullshit be coming from? Five Hundred Seventy Seven days?

MUST I SIGN MT NAME

Nope, I don't think so, we all recognize the inoquous ranting and raving anti-Bush prattle you preach.

airlinelover

Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:07 pm

I wish someone would rid this world of that madman..

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

rsmith6621a

Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:03 am

Falcon84 said......

"His appointing of Mr. Clinton to help raise money for Tsunami relief was such a move."

His appointment of President Clinton is a JOKE. It was not a sincere attempt to reach across the aisle. The legitimacy of this appointment lost all flavor when Georgee appointed along with Clinton the USA head of the House of Faud....president George #1.....why did he feel the need to appoint DADDY....because George is taking the country in the direction his daddy wants him to.

Falcon84........your attitudes are the very reason Kerry lost the White House.....The party has no room for centerist you need to make up your mind and turn a hard right or left. Being nice and comprimising wont cut it if we are going to get the White House Back...........The left has to start playin offense.
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

NUAir

Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:03 am

I think this forum is a great example of why he is getting the Peoples Choice award.

Americans love conflict and heated debate. Ever since Roger and Me he has achieved this with all of his films and even if you disagree with them he still has you all worked up about the issues he is presenting.

I don't think Moore expects everyone to agree with his views but he loves to see people think about what he presents and the debate that follows.

As far as him being a liar nobody has found any lies in Farenheit 9/11, Roger and Me or Bowling for Columbine, or any of his 8+ books. As a researcher, film maker and author he does an incredible job of fact checking and has a team of over 50, working to varify all the stats and information presented in his work.

For all the people who are so worked up about him why not stop watching his movies or reading his books? If you find a lie or error in any of his work you can report it to his team directly via his website.

God knows I hate Sylvester Stalone but I dont go around watching his movies and bitching at the world when he grosses over $50 million for Rambo.

Their are many more people who dont deserve awards who will get them for crap movies, I however dont see Moore as one of them.

"How Many Assholes we got on this ship?" - Lord Helmet

RayChuang

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:24 am

B757300, you wrote: The only reason it is winning is because a small number of people have rigged the voting.

I heard that the polling of the People's Choice Awards this year was changed from the original Gallup polling system to a online polling system. That does explain why there is some talk of the strong possibility that someone at MoveOn.org or a related Democratic 527 organization may have figured out a way to use a computer to "rig" the poll in favor of Moore's film.

EA CO AS

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:27 am

Dubyas oil war

Gee, thank GOD someone reminded me we went to Iraq just for oil! I'd almost forgotten.  Insane
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

ANCFlyer

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:59 am

your attitudes are the very reason Kerry lost the White House.....The party has no room for centerist you need to make up your mind and turn a hard right or left. Being nice and comprimising wont cut it if we are going to get the White House Back

RSmith, you just don't get it do you . . . . Tsunami Relief efforts aren't about politics and the White House and Republicans or Democrats; not about religion or race or gender . . . they're about humanity and helping in the face of a disaster of unheard of proportion.

Do you sit around each day thinking of new ways to twist ever situation into an anti-Bush rally?

ctbarnes

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:06 am

I suppose it all goes to show that there is money and publicity to be made in exploiting the September 11 tragedy for personal gain... unfortunately.

Makes me wonder if Karl Rove was the runner-up.

Pass the airsick bag.

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

airplay

Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:08 am

The people have spoken.....

ConcordeBoy

Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:19 am

Moore could single handedly be responsible for the largest voter turnout in US history.

...singly handedly huh?  Nuts
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

MaverickM11

Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:52 am

"Moore could single handedly be responsible for the largest voter turnout in US history."

Ha! Yeah, AGAINST him!

There's a people's choice award he should get...the "Thanks for Helping the People Choose Bush" award.

I don't take responsibility at all

EA CO AS

Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:07 am

The party has no room for centerist

Rsmith, a political party that believes it has no room for centrists is one that's doomed to never win the White House again.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Jalto27R
Topic Author

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:31 am

As far as him being a liar nobody has found any lies in Farenheit 9/11, Roger and Me or Bowling for Columbine, or any of his 8+ books. As a researcher, film maker and author he does an incredible job of fact checking and has a team of over 50, working to varify all the stats and information presented in his work.

You obviously didn't do your research. The man was criticized from day one on almost all his books and movies. Especially Roger & Me, where when critics found the lies, he dismissed every one of them saying they were all payed off by GM. Now give me a break, the man is a paranoid fool.

Newark777

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:36 am

The People's Choice Awards? Does anyone watch this garbage? I don't know about you, but watching movie stars who pull in millions of dollars per film get all dressed up just to applaud themselves makes me sick. Not only is it bad to watch them, it is even worse to actually care about who wins. I wouldn't be caught dead watching one of those lousy awards ceremonies.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

Zone1

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:03 am

People's Choice Awards? How can he win that since Bush got re elected? Anyway go to http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/. Even the most liberal people have to admit that everything stated in Fahrenheit 9/11 is true.
/// U N I T E D