Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

corey07850
Topic Author

Did Randy Moss Just Moon Packer Fans?

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:23 am

I'm watching the Packers/Vikings game and saw Randy Moss score a TD... right after I went back to something else and heard the announcers say he "Shot the moon at Packer fans" and how he performed a "dispicable act"...

I can't believe he actually did this!

ren41

RE: Did Randy Moss Just Moon Packer Fans?

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:25 am

He bent over and did the motion of pulling his pants down with his hands and then rubbed his ass against the goal post. He didn't actually pull his pants down.

R41

Falcon84

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:25 am

If he did, I'm glad I missed it.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

ANCFlyer

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:31 am

I thought he had, apparently, he just 'faked' it . . . still, I'm not surprised.

Classless act . . . .

Loser.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

bohica

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:58 am

This is an act of disrespecting football fans. He does not get any respect from me.

ordflyer

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:05 am

Not too surprising...just when he was redeeming himself from his actions at Washington last week he does another stunt that's sure to keep him in the news this week.  Yeah sure

F9Widebody

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:13 am

Directly afterwards, Joe Buck said "That is just disgusting, what a disgrace that that was picked live by our cameras."
YES URLS in signature!!!

L-188

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:16 am

Anybody want to bet on the size of the fine for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" he is going to get from the NFL?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

jpetekyxmd80

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:19 am

I could honestly care less... A more accurate interpretation of the events would the moon, and the insertion of the Packers heads.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Boeing7E7

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:28 am

Directly afterwards, Joe Buck said "That is just disgusting, what a disgrace that that was picked live by our cameras."

Pretty damn funny coming from the network that has nothing but T&A on in primetime.

Funny as hell seeing Randy do that. I hate the Pucking Fackers. If there's one thing that sucks about having moved to Wisconsin its the fother mucking Packer fans.

Continental

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:36 am

You guys don't understand. Here in Minnesota, we absolutely hate the Green Bay Packers, and whenever we have the opportunity to do so, we rub it in their faces. You're the man Randy! Go Vikings!

jpetekyxmd80

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:37 am

We hate you too. But you guys won that one fair and square. Atleast we wont have to second guess a single play this year (4th and 26), its a whole ball game.

Blackbird1331

Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:29 am

Moon and Culpepper suck.

Moon This!
Cameras shoot pictures. Guns shoot people. They have the guns.

aerobalance

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:07 pm

So the next time FOX televises a baseball game and a player touches and adjusts their genital area on camera they'll make a big deal about it? I don't think so....

Double-standard?

[Edited 2005-01-10 04:11:02]
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

S12PPL

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:09 pm

He just demonstrated why every sports writer in this country with an ounce of respect is, and always has been, correct. What an a** hole. Truely class-less. This is a guy that our kids are supposed to watch and learn from. God help our kids. The simple fact that he did that, shows what a total tool he is. I hope the Vikings, and the league, slap him with a HUGE fine for it.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

KL642

Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:15 pm

Yes, Moss is an a**hole with no class but.....slam a lam a ding dong...Vikings win!!!!!!!!!!!

Delta767300ER

Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:22 pm

I thought it was crap. It showed that Randy Moss has no class or respect. I hope he faces a heavy fine. As far as the game, Im pissed the Packers lost, I hate the Vikes. However I will be rooting for them next weekend against Philly because the Eagles are the scum of the NFL. Time to go Eagle hunting!

-Delta767300ER

AAplatnumflier

Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:27 pm

I would have to say that I hope Randy Moss gets suspended for this act as it should not be tolerated in my opinion. If you can't hit a guy head first without a possible suspension and a fine than you shouldn't be able to "moon" the crowd.

unattendedbag

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:34 pm

No Class??!! No Respect??!!

He should have mooned the cheeseheads WHILE talking on his cell phone!

ROCK ON!!
Slower traffic, keep right

nwa man

Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:48 pm

This is a guy that our kids are supposed to watch and learn from. God help our kids. The simple fact that he did that, shows what a total tool he is. I hope the Vikings, and the league, slap him with a HUGE fine for it.

Seriously, cry me a river. It's a huge pet peeve of mine to see people raving and lamenting "God help our kids" after anyone does anything that remotely challenges the status quo. If your kids are applying things they learn from Randy Moss in their classrooms, it's not Moss' fault, I can tell you that. The only thing that children should learn from him is how to catch and run the football, and given the effort, or lack thereof, he so often displays, even that might be questionable.

Sure, he's a tool. I agree. But he scored a big touchdown and conquered quite a few personal and team demons. The team was 2-20 in their last 22 outdoor games and has had about the same level of success in the playoffs. He's happy (albeit classless)... let him celebrate, and let the NFL fine him, as contradictory as that may be (see Boeing7E7's dead-on comment a few posts up the ladder).

And as far as the Vikings fining him - yeah, OK.

From the top down, this team has no leadership. I don't know who does have control, but I can tell you that Mike Tice does not. Watch him celebrate after key plays go the Vikes' way... hooting and hollering like a drunken fan. That's cool for me to do, but I'm not in charge of day-to-day operations. The head coach has to show some poise, and Tice can't do it. Tice can't discipline this team either - see his handling of the situation at the end of the Redskin game. I don't know if this is a carryover from the Denny Green era, but the point is, the Vikings won't fine Moss because they don't want him to sulk and withdraw going into the Philly game.

Personally, nothing on Sunday would surprise me. We might go in and win 42-21, or we might lose to them 49-7 like we did back in 2001. It all depends on how well the players motivate themselves - Moss included. And if he has to do something like he did this afternoon, then so be it. I suppose we'll see what happens.

Regards,

N-Dub
Create your own luck.

mlsrar

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:39 am

You know, I never really thought I would have to go on a rant here, but here's the story. For whatever reason, Green Bay has emerged in the years following their acquisition of the Lombardi trophy, as the media's golden child. And, living in the metro Milw area, I am perhaps a bit jaded for a few reasons, the least of which doesn't count for the absolute hatred that the local fans show towards Viking fans. I have rescinded from going to local establishments with a Moss or my lucky Stringer jersey on, as I have thrice now had some toothless, drunken buffoon come up to me in his best local vernacular try to pick a fight, simply because I'm a Vikings fan. It is as if I have violated a local ordinance for not supporting Green Bay. In one local suburb, with my Vikings stickers and flags flying proudly in the wind, I was given a ticket on Christmas Eve two years ago for going FIVE MILES OVER THE SPEED LIMIT. (Oconomowoc for you locals). Going to fight it was futile. The ticket, and fine stuck. Go figure. I've had one bumper sticker covered up with green automotive touch-up paint...which obviously is permanent, and a "G" keyed into my c-pillar. They think Philly fans are bad? Try hangin' tough with these inbred monoliths.

Am I ashamed of what Randy did? Absolutely. It is difficult trying to defend him, which I have given up on, when he can nullify his freakish talent with his bizarre on, and off-the-field behavior. Especially when you consider that he has donated sizable amounts of money to families in need, and has sponsored through donations, a number of childrens' cancer treatments. But, then he goes and tells Lambeau field to kiss-his-ass. Almost any other venue, with the exception of Philly, and the fans would have been pissed, but would not have played the Offended-family card.

If there's one thing that sucks about having moved to Wisconsin its the fother mucking Packer fans.

You could not have said it better. A local radio personality, John Jaegler from AM620 has said three times in the past week, how much he, "hates those idiots," on the air. This was the same guy, who after the Pack was mutiliated on Monday night by Tennessee, was ready to pack his jersey away for the winter..."Green Bay is Done." Now he, and other people are "defenders of the bandwagon," kicking people off.

So, to Green Bay, and their rude fans...FAH-Q!

I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

Venus6971

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:52 am

The only punishment that would make Moss really think about his actions is being suspended for the rest of the playoff's and the pro bowl without pay. Then the first 4 games next season, maybe he would join Ricky Williams in his shack enjoying a smoke and pissing away his life.
I would help you but it is not in the contract

UAXDXer

Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:26 am

You guys don't understand. Here in Minnesota, we absolutely hate the Green Bay Packers, and whenever we have the opportunity to do so, we rub it in their faces. You're the man Randy! Go Vikings!

... and this is why everyone else in the country hates the ViQueens & their fans!
It takes a bug to hit a windsheild but it takes guts to stick

F9Widebody

Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:58 am

Packer fans are pretty hard core. We drove up and spent the night in Appleton, WI one night. It happened to be the night before the packers played the bears, and we had an Illinois plate on our car. It got egged.
YES URLS in signature!!!

USAFHummer

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:24 am

Randy Moss does that next week in Philly, he will be a marked man here for life...though vs. the Packers I found it quite amusing! As for the fine...I say 10-25...thousand dollars

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

mlsrar

Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:05 am

... and this is why everyone else in the country hates the ViQueens & their fans!

There's a statement that is wholly inaccurate. Our fans tend to be some of the most accomodating, and, having lived through never-ending disappointment and drama, we are far more tolerant. However, we do take our short-lived, and, often well-won victories to heart, and let our opponents know that.

Packer fans are pretty hard core. We drove up and spent the night in Appleton, WI one night. It happened to be the night before the packers played the bears, and we had an Illinois plate on our car. It got egged.

I've endured thousands of dollars of damage to my car for being a Vikings fan. This is just one example of why the hatred grows.

They're not hard-core, they're deranged. The whole stigma of their loyalty was disproved during the 1-4 start. You should have heard how many "fans," hung up their cheeseheads, only to don them again when the going was good. Bunch of maniacal, obese half-wits.

The only punishment that would make Moss really think about his actions is being suspended for the rest of the playoff's and the pro bowl without pay. Then the first 4 games next season, maybe he would join Ricky Williams in his shack enjoying a smoke and pissing away his life.

Nope...that would be Onterrio Smith Big grin

mlsrar

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:29 am

Lets also not forget that these "devoted," fans were the same ones who shot a former coach's (Dan Devine, successor to Lombardi) dog to death in an effort to get him to leave town.

DfwRevolution

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:38 am

I would have to say that I hope Randy Moss gets suspended for this act as it should not be tolerated in my opinion.

You do realize that it is the tradition of Green Bay Packer fans to literally moon the opposing team's bus after a game? They don't just act it out, they do flash their asses to every visitors team that comes out to Lambo field...

In my opinion, that is a far classless, unsportsman-like act than the football player (doing his job) who mocks them by acting it out.... no one would ever moon someone in another profession, doing their occupation, and not get arrested for public exposure, yet this is what Green Bay has been doing for years. They are the ones who need to learn some class...

That being said, I hate Randy Moss... but this one incident has been blown way out of proportion and convieniently neglects some key facts...

The only punishment that would make Moss really think about his actions is being suspended for the rest of the playoff's and the pro bowl without pay

Why don't you ban all the fans who have ever taken part in Green Bay's little tradition from ever attending an NFL game? Fan behavior has crossed so many lines without any public outcry, and we expect the players to just stand there and be degraded while they perform?

[Edited 2005-01-10 23:42:06]
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

CactusA319

Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:06 am

Well turns out Moss got fined $5,000 by the NFL today. Not even close to a "huge fine" or "suspending him for the rest of the season". Personally I found the act to be kind of funny and I don't quite understand the outrage. It's not like he actually dropped his pants and flashed his bare ass in the air. He acted it out. And if anyone knows how obnoxious Packers fans can be, they'd probably wouldn't be crying foul right now. Hey, at least he didn't flip them off you know....

nwa man

Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:10 am

OK, hold on... I just saw this for the first time on PTI because ESPN and other networks had stupidly decided not to air it before, and because I was in the air during the game. I just have one question...

THAT WAS IT???

Fines? Suspensions? Give me a break. They shouldn't be spending the first 15 minutes on SportsCenter on how Randy's celebration will lead to the downfall of Western civilization. This shouldn't even be an issue.

Donovan Darius got knocked for $75,000 for almost breaking Robert Ferguson's neck a few weeks ago. Should Moss get more than that? Of course not. Will he? I guess we'll see.

Regards,

N-Dub
Create your own luck.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:16 am

Fan behavior has crossed so many lines without any public outcry, and we expect the players to just stand there and be degraded while they perform?

Oh, come on. Cry me a river. Inside Lambeay field is not a very hostile place. You can go in there supporting another team, and of course youll probly get razzed for it but it is in NO WAY comparable to Philadelphia, Oakland, etc where you'd actually be afraid to do it. Hell, even I get irritated by fanatical Packer fans, but the vast majority are decent friendly people, and to put them as the scum of the NFL is just plain ignorant.

[Edited 2005-01-11 00:42:10]

redngold

Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:20 am

The NFL made two mistakes as far as I'm concerned:

1. Officials not flagging Moss and penalizing the Vikings for unsportsmanlike conduct on the ensuing kickoff;

2. Not levying a larger fine on Moss after the fact.

Randy Moss's actions were disgusting. Everyone knew what he was pretending to do. Even the way he dropped the ball made it appear like he was taking a dump in the end zone. I completely agreed with the color guy.

redngold
Up, up and away!

unattendedbag

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:16 am

Redngold wrote:
"he was taking a dump in the end zone"

rofl, now that would've been great!! Someone get Randy a newspaper and some tp!

[Edited 2005-01-11 01:37:04]
Slower traffic, keep right

DfwRevolution

Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:38 am

Oh, come on. Cry me a river. Inside Lambeay field is not a very hostile place.

Did I say inside the stadium? Green Bay fans have a long-standing tradition of mooning the opposing team as their bus leaves the stadium. If you cannot not see the irony dripping off Ross' gesture, you need to be slapped with a 2x4... it was flipin hillarious.

I am disgusted people, like S12PPL, who act like this is the end of western civilization. This is considered obscene among the flagrant drunkeness and irresponsiblity so prevelant in sports fans??? I give the NFL infintly more respect (than the NBA, for example) for maintaining class and dignity on the field even at "low" points like the Moss incident.

I don't think Moss deserved a fine, I don't think it was obscene, I know it was blown out of proportion (probably by Joe Buck alone), and I think we all need to realize that if fans were held to the same standards that players are... they would be fined bankrupt.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

vafi88

Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:43 pm

Oh so now it's ok for a thousand fans to boo, and flip off players and curse at them, but it's not ok to show a sense of humor.

I'm not a fan of either team, but big deal...

If Todd Bertuzzi is getting away with community service for almost killing another man, on purpose, I think a little prank is ok... I have to do community service for my school for 2 years, just to get my diploma, he has to do it because he nearly killed someone...

Gimme a break!
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

CactusA319

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:37 pm

CORRECTION:

I misread the headline. Moss hasn't been fined....yet. However the likely fine is said to be only $5,000. My bad.

mlsrar

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:20 am

You can go in there supporting another team, and of course youll probly get razzed for it but it is in NO WAY comparable to Philadelphia,

Bulls**t. In my four trips to God's wasteland, I had beers emptied on my head on two separate occasions, my car keyed (see my above post), and some brainless scumbag tripped me on my way back to my seat from the concessions stands, with my insanely overpriced food going to the ground...the security "guard," (an overweight useless bag of flesh) laughed.

Philly fans have a reputation to uphold. The brainless scumbags that perpetually populate the stands in Green Bay get by without any coverage. Granted, when Green Bay is winning, its all good...but if you're up there when things go south, they turn mean, and its a morass of anger and childish angst.

Lets face it, Green Bay has been spoiled for the better part of a decade with a lot of talent. They haven't had to face medocrity, or even failure. I wish everyone could have seen the outcry when the pack started 1-4:

"Fire Sherman, he can't coach"
"Trade Green, he fumbles too much,"
"The refs hate us,"
"The NFL gave us a hard schedule,"

If the fans in Lambeau weren't spoiled and lavished with praise by the league and the media then they wouldn't be so shocked when someone gives something back that they've been doing for years.

Green Bay should be more outraged that Moss wouldn't speak to Green Bay reporters, to whom he told, "to hell with you, homey,"  Big grin

[Edited 2005-01-11 18:40:38]

Boeing7E7

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:26 am

We hate you too. But you guys won that one fair and square. Atleast we wont have to second guess a single play this year (4th and 26), its a whole ball game.

Yeah, you don't have to second guess anything anymore this year. Come to think of it... You don't have to do anything but shovel snow until the planting season.

BTW... For anyone so offended, I'm quite certain if there were audio, you'd be just as upset about the "F" bombs and taunting by Packer fans. Get the hell over it.

jpetekyxmd80

Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:30 am

Bulls**t. In my four trips to God's wasteland, I had beers emptied on my head on two separate occasions, my car keyed (see my above post), and some brainless scumbag tripped me on my way back to my seat from the concessions stands, with my insanely overpriced food going to the ground...the security "guard," (an overweight useless bag of flesh) laughed.

Count your blessings that you weren't baptized by the Packer Pope  Laugh out loud

peterpuck

Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:11 am

Why is it such a disaster in the U.S. to have somebody do something funny on TV., or God forbid, see a pair of tits. This was funny! It made me laugh people. You could always turn to TBS and watch Bruce Willis shoot people in the head, stab them in the chest, slice throats, while saying " you motherlover, I'll kick the shoot out of you". Is that better for the Kids?