Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SLC1
Topic Author

Canadians And Their Cars

Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:27 pm

I love Canadians, I am half Canadian, I proudly carry a Canadian passport. Canadians are some of the nicest, laid-back, cultured people I know, but why oh my god why do you Canadians drive such crap cars? Cross the border and the brand new BMWs are substituted for some crap 15-year-old GM product, a nation where the Sunfire is the nicest car around. What is it about Canadians and their cars?

707CMF

RE: Canadians And Their Cars

Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:38 pm

As the story says... drive one winter around Montreal, and then decide if you prefer a brand new BMW that is not brand new anymore afterwards, of a 15-year old GM that can go around for another 15 Canadian winters...

Cheers,

HL7460

Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:43 pm

It's not so the winter but rather the salt and sand on the roads that ruin the bodywork.

SLC1
Topic Author

Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:48 pm

I thought that before, but then wonder why the same is not the case in snowy climates like where I live (SLC) or Minnesota, New York, Boston, etc; or in places where the ocean hurts the car like Cali.

707CMF

It's not so the winter but rather the salt and sand on the roads that ruin the bodywork.

That is what I was implying also.

Is a winter in Seoul as bad or worse than in Canada ? I might be sent there soon.

Cheers,

[Edited 2005-02-07 10:49:12]

SLC1
Topic Author

...or why the same is applicable in Vancouver

HL7460

Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:50 pm

The winter can get very bad in Seoul, with the same snow than in Canada but with higher temperatures.
Also in Korea they spary less salt/sand/etc... than In Canada/Northern USA.

rindt

Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:37 pm

Applicable in Vancouver?

Then I guess you must have only visited the east-side and Surrey.

Otherwise, I'd say a good one out of every 4-5 cars is a BMW or a Merc and throw in the odd Porsche Cayenne. And those not driving at least a BMW drive a Mustang or a new Acura/Toyota/Honda.

-Rob

Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:26 pm

Isn't the Insurance here higher here compared to the US?

caribb

Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:54 pm

Don't forget the potholes and poor condition of Canadian roads... Wheel alignments and bearing replacements are common things for everyone here. My car faces ice (slippery roads causing many fender benders), snow, potholes (affects wheel alignment, bearings & rims) , ice ripples (further north the road litereally ripples from the intensity of the ice but I've even seen it in Montreal around the mountain), poor patching (road workers dump ashphalt into pothols and don't even bother to pat it down so it flies everywhere and gets on your car)... leaving my car with all sorts of marks, scrapes and just a generally ugly appearance. Ideally in a perfect world I'd like two cars.. one crappy car to take to work everyday just to get the job done, and then another nice one to go out on weekends or take trips... but that's not going to happen any time soon.

[Edited 2005-02-07 13:57:19]

yukimizake

Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:00 pm

'the border and the brand new BMWs are substituted for some crap 15-year-old GM product, a nation where the Sunfire is the nicest car around.'

What a ridiculous thing to say. I'm not sure which parts of Canada you have been to, or what you have been smoking. Next time you're in Canada you should be more observant.

UTA_flyinghigh

Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:03 pm

In Montreal a lot of people actually have two vehicles; a nicey one for the summer and a Rhaa of old vehicle for the winter.

UTA

desertjets

Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:11 pm

Not sure where in Canada you have been taking your scientific survey of Canadian cars, but in my times in Toronto I have certainly seen a good mix of cars at all price points.

Now Canadians in general do have somewhat different car purchasing preferences when compared to us Americans. Generally you'll see more compact and fuel efficient models, and you'll see some nicer trimmed out compact models like the Acura 1.7EL (better known to Americans as a Civic EX with Leather and a better warranty).

NWADC9

Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:15 pm

"Don't forget the potholes and poor condition of Canadian roads"
Sounds like Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Big thumbs up

captaingomes

Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:27 am

It is generally true that Canadians buy cheaper cars on average than Americans, but this can be simply explained by Canadians having a lower GDP per capita. Canadians just don't have the purchasing power that Americans do, so cars are purchased using more reasonable rationale than for their bling-bling attributes. Last time I checked, the average price consumers paid for new vehicles in Canada was the same as in the US, but let's face it, $30,000 US buys a much nicer car than $30,000 CAD.

ScarletHarlot

Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:20 am

I agree with Nuno. I certainly have noticed this same thing. Canadians do tend to drive smaller, older cars. Nothing wrong with that. Nuno's explanation as to why is correct as well.

I think there's also just less conspicuous consumption in Canada. I've noticed a big difference between Canada and the US when it comes to shopping. The US economy makes it very convenient for you to part with your money. It's a bit harder in Canada. An example? Grocery stores. Lineups are much longer in Canada. Stores are open more hours in the US. I swear, you can buy anything in the States.

tristarenvy

Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:36 am

We just envy them for those great names of past Pontiacs... Paresienne...Strato-Chief....Laurentian.....

Superfly

Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:52 am

SLC1:
I love the Canadians too and I try to visit Canada as much as possible.
You also forgot to mention that Canadians tend to be smart hence that's why you see a lot of "15-year-old GM products".
I'd take a 1991 Buick (anymodel) over a brand new bmw ANYDAY!

GM made some great cars back then. I think Radarbeam (YUL) still drives a 1988 Buick LeSabre.
My roomate has a 1990 LeSbre with 180,000 miles on it and it still runs perfect and floats over bumps and potholes.

Bmws are just stupid overpriced image vehicles. Just lease them for 2 years and be done with them. Once they start breaking down, they are a bottomless pit!

PHLBOS

Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:53 am

We just envy them for those great names of past Pontiacs... Paresienne...Strato-Chief....Laurentian.....

Don't forget the Corsica-based Pontiac Tempests and of course, the 1976-1985 Chevy BelAirs.

On the Ford end, the Custom 500 2-doors lasted through 1979 model year; the first year of the current 'Panther' platform. In the states, the Custom and Custom 500 2-doors didn't even see 1971. If I'm not mistaken, for the '80s full-size Canadian models offered the 5.8L (351W) engine on all the Ford/Mercury/Lincoln retail models. I guess the pesky CAFE laws didn't apply to vehicles built for Canadian use.

When I was in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island back in 1981, I saw my share of BelAirs, LTD S models, Paresiennes and Laurencians

On the Mopar end, remember the M-body Plymouth Caravelle that ran from '77 through '81? The FWD E-body Caravelle was introduced in Canada a year before it was offered in the States.

[Edited 2005-02-07 21:55:25]

A332

Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:01 am

What a ridiculous statement! Where in Canada were you making your observations... the slums of Edmonton or Winnipeg or something?

Come on now... Canadians are just as extravagant with vehicle purchasing as Americans are. All I need to do is take a spin around Calgary anytime and just glance around... BMWs, Mercedes, Jaguars... you name it, they're all over the place.

Nothing wrong with the Sunfire either...  Big grin

[Edited 2005-02-07 22:02:16]

ScarletHarlot

Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:38 am

A332 - try getting outside of the wealthy areas of the big cities and look around you. I don't think Thunder Bay, pop 110,000, has a BMW dealer. Closest would be Winnipeg. A Volvo is a big deal there, and a Mercedes...there's a dealership, but I think it's only the doctors in town who can afford those.

NKP S2

Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:11 am

SLC1:
I love the Canadians too and I try to visit Canada as much as possible.
You also forgot to mention that Canadians tend to be smart hence that's why you see a lot of "15-year-old GM products".
I'd take a 1991 Buick (anymodel) over a brand new bmw ANYDAY!

GM made some great cars back then. I think Radarbeam (YUL) still drives a 1988 Buick LeSabre.
My roomate has a 1990 LeSbre with 180,000 miles on it and it still runs perfect and floats over bumps and potholes.

Bmws are just stupid overpriced image vehicles. Just lease them for 2 years and be done with them. Once they start breaking down, they are a bottomless pit!

You tell 'em man! In any case, how is a teen going to have lived long enough to have shrewd enough judgement ( much less experience ) to make such declarative statements?

SLC1
Topic Author

Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:14 am

I'm a Canadian citizen and I've been to Vancouver, Victoria, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax, PEI, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina, and Ottawa, many several times, winter and summer, and have found that Canadians just don't seem to get as riled up over having nice cars as their American counterparts, not a bad thing, just a cultural quirk that I've found. My family has a 10-year-old Mercedes that isn't that great in the US, but that people in Canada seem to think is a very nice car.

L-188

Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:58 am

I won't speak for the Canadian Civilians but for the Canadian Military they do have the habit of either buying junk, like that 5/4 ton Iveco design that they had Western Star build or equipment that is already being replaced in other Armys. The VW Iltis was being replaced the germans when the Candians bought it. Now 20 years later it is being replaced by the vehicles that the Germans where replacing it with. Their "Deuce and half" is a copy of the US militaries M35 series which has been around since the 1950's...Canadians bought it in what 81?

Edit:about the only new truck designs that I can think of the Canadian Forces buying where the 1980's CUCV purchases and that Big Austrian 10 ton they have.

However while the US replaced the CUCV when they realized how much of a dog it was in Kuwait, the Canadians are buying more since it is cheaper then a 5/4 ton Humvee.

[Edited 2005-02-08 04:01:38]

ANCFlyer

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:28 pm

BAFDT* . . . good in Canada, good in Alaska, good anywhere . . . .

Big Ass Ford Diesel Truck!

L-188

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:32 pm

Just don't forget to keep it running on the slope!

airplay

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:46 pm

Its purely a regional thing, and not tied to nationality. If you travel to some of the hot dry climates in the US, you tend to see lots of 20 year old cars.

Around the colder areas of Canada where very little salt is used on the roads, again, car bodies tend to last longer.

If you consider Toronto and Montreal, think SALT and corrosion. It takes a great deal of care to maintain the body of your car if you live in southern Ontario. As mentioned, many put the nice ride on blocks in the garage over the winter months and flog the beater.

Go to Alberta and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an SUV or pick-up. Same goes for the midwest US.

Overall, in my travels, I think Canadian car buyers have similar tastes as our American friends.

Superfly

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:51 pm

ANCFlyer:
BAFDT* . . . good in Canada, good in Alaska, good anywhere . . . .

Big Ass Ford Diesel Truck!

Agreed!  Big thumbs up

Interesting note.
Some co-workers from Canada came to SFO a few years ago and one guy turned to me and said; "I see an awful lot more SUV down here. Are your winters like ours up in Toronto?"

I of course laughed and had to explain the stupidity of the average buyer down here.

ANCFlyer

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:56 pm

L-188: Just don't forget to keep it running on the slope

My work truck is a Chevy Diesel. There's not a snowballs chance in hell I'd take my personal BAFDT up the Dalton Highway. But, you're right, haven't shut my duty rig off since October unless it was inside, and that's rare.

Airplay: consider Toronto and Montreal, think SALT and corrosion.

Fortunately, no salt on the roads here. Sand, lots of sand. Occasional chunks of gravel. Replace my windshield at least once a year. Worse at work. No sand at all. Just plow and go!

I love my BAFDT and I'll never go back to a gas engine. Nothing hauls a 30' camper thru Alaska, Yukon and BC like that truck!

canuckpaxguy

Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:11 pm

Aside from the obvious suggestion to go to a better neighbourhood to see nicer cars....I've read some articles comparing American and Canadian spending habits and debt loads. If I remember some of the articles correctly, Canadians generally have lower disposable income due to comparably lower wages for similar jobs and significantly higher taxes. The articles also mentioned that Canadians generally spend less and are more debt averse than their neighbours to the South, however that trend seems to be changing.

One article argued that since Americans are able to write-off mortgage interest at tax time, and can amortize home loans over 30 years instead of 25 years for Canadians, there is less of a "race" to pay down one's debt, more disposable income on a monthly basis per household and less of a fear of putting large purchases on credit.

Now, I don't have reference links to back up my data, and I am certainly not an expert on American finance, but I think I got a lot of the info out of MoneySense magazine or Macleans if anyone wants to look it up.

G

yyz717

Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:33 pm

I have not owned a car in 3.5 years and I've never been happier. My last corporate job in downtown Toronto was a 10-minute walk from home. I now run my own business largely from home. I rent a car any where from 1-4 days a week depending on my client meetings.

I have come to the following astonishing conclusion: it is NO MORE expensive to rent a car for up to 4 days a week (from Budget, Alamo etc) if you have a platinum credit card that covers the insurance, than it is to own and run a car, at least in Toronto when you include car payments, insurance and mx. Plus, with Budget and National offering 500 Aeroplan points a day, I'm now earning about 5000 AP points on average per month. I avoid the hassle of car maintenance, depreciation. I get a new clean car every day. I can walk to 3 rental places at Union Sta in 5 minutes. They all know me and frequently upgrade me as a regular customer.

I may never own again.

LH423

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:02 am

Plus don't forget that Canadians are also a very proud people and while the majority of cars are American, they're mostly built in Canada. So, in buying American they're actually supporting Canada and Canadian jobs. Take a look at the Ford factory next to the QEW in...Hamilton? Massive factory. I know several other factories exist in Ontario and Québec for Ford and GM.

Also, as UTA said, many people tend to keep their nicer cars shielded from the winter conditions as much as possible. Take a look at Montréal or Toronto come summertime. It's a different story than in January.

Also, I think this pattern isn't strictly a Canadian thing. I think that cars around Boston are not as expensive or nice as those in the South or West. Even if people are buying new cars these days, they're tending to be smaller cars like Scions, VW, Minis, etc. Although there are still plenty of BMWs, Saabs, and Volvos on the road as well.

And one final point. Having learned how to drive on a BMW, I can testify that if you want to get anywhere when there is more than 3" of snow on the ground, you better walk, take public transportation, or borrow someone elses car, because BMWs SUCK in the snow. Even now with traction control, and such I still would not try and drive a Beamer in any kind of adverse, winter weather.

LH423

daedaeg

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:30 am

Maybe Canadians don't try to keep up with the Jone's like many Americans do.
I'm curious to know what the debt/income ratio of Canadians and Americans are. There is probably a big difference.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:38 am

Unfortunately, I had to purchase a friggin Honda SUV not too long ago, much to my chagrin re environmental concerns, etc. Yes, I am a nasty polluter and energy/gas sucker, but what can ya do? I still have my VW, which I am thinking of selling, mind you, it's perfect for city driving, and I don't feel as guilty driving in it alone as I would the 'monster vehicle', which is a big pet
peeve of mine. We also have an great 5 year old BMW parked, and we're thinking of selling that one off very shortly. Anyone wanna buy a BMW?

That said, I applaud people like YYZ717 and other city slicker folk who have opted to rent vehicles as opposed to owning them. Smart move.

captaingomes

Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:29 am

oooh CanadianBoy, what BMW and what VW do you have that you might be selling? Not that I'm in the market right now, but just out of curiosity!

KYIPpilot

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:22 am

Plus don't forget that Canadians are also a very proud people and while the majority of cars are American, they're mostly built in Canada.

While many cars are assembled in Canada, most of them come to the US. Cars assembled in Canada are not meant soley for Canadians. Take the Ford Freestar (formerly Windstar) and Crown Vic. They are both assembled in Canada, but most are sent to the USA. A few years ago I remember seeing at the local Ford lot, that about half the F-150's on the lot were assembled in Oakville, ON, but exported to the USA. Even though they are also assembled in Norfolk, VA and Kansas City, MO, they ended up in the USA. (*Note: the F-150 plant in Oakville is now closed; they opened a new one in Dearborn, MI.)

Most cars in Canada are assembled in the USA, and exported.

CanadianNorth

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:44 pm

Give me a nice new car for a day. When you get it back expect it to look like some old clunker thats worth a few hundred if that. I have a Yukon drivers permit and a Canadian passport.

CanadianNorth

yhmfan

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:11 pm

Cross the border and the brand new BMWs are substituted for some crap 15-year-old GM product

Well, I just traded in my S-Type Jaguar and got a Ford 500 all wheel drive.
I got sick and tired of the Jaguar not going anywhere at even a hint of snow!!!

LH423

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:17 pm

That said, I applaud people like YYZ717 and other city slicker folk who have opted to rent vehicles as opposed to owning them. Smart move.

We have here in Boston (and I think they are also now in other cities) a company called ZipCar. The idea is that you join and you receive a card that activates a car when you make a reservation. Cars are placed throughout the city and you can rent for by the hour or day (daily rates I think are a bit more than your average car rental but still competitive). The idea is that you can get a car near where you live (usually within walking distance) and use it for as long as you need it. So, if you only need it to run a grocery run you only pay for that amount of time rather than a full day if you rented through a normal outlet. The idea has really caught on in Boston, especially where Boston is such a non-car-friendly city and if you don't need to own a car, why bother.

http://www.zipcar.com

LH423

cptkrell

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:47 pm

No flames meant here - non intended.

During my tenure @ GM (Detroit area) I had occassion to interface w/ GM/Canada. To my surprise, my first visit to the GM/Canada headquarters bldg. (near Mississagua, IIRC) was barely larger than the "tear-down" bldg in Warren,MI @ the tech cntr. I learned that we sell less cars in all of Canada in a year than we sell in Dismal Seepage, Nebraska on a tornado day. OK, bad joke, but the Canadian market is very limited for all marques. The population (read: buyer demographics) simply isn't there. That Canadians keep their cars longer and care for them better is, therefore, not a surprise. I didn't see a lot of rags driving on Canadian roads during my visits. I know this is anecdotal, but I am under the impression that Canadians have more respect for their machinery than (at least) Detroiters do. Talk about salt rags...Detroit must be tied for king of shiney new cars vs. king of beyond-belief-shitboxes.

Maybe exchange rates coupled with real and percieved value/reliability of "imports" is adjusting the traditional GM/Ford/DMC market share downward in Canada, but as far as I'm concerned, CAW-built cars are very, very good (my current 300C is out of Brampton, ONT I believe; it's been perfect so far).

On a ratio basis, the CAW (Canadian Auto Workers) substantially outperform their USA "brothers". Canadian-produced vehicles are generally quite low in defects, and some of our USA UAW bums should probably take a look at the Canadian work ethics.

Disclaimer: this is written post Quebec Camaro (and longer-ago Monza) plant. Those cars always sucked in build quality. Probably the French  Smile Regards...Jack

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:19 am

"oooh CanadianBoy, what BMW and what VW do you have that you might be selling? Not that I'm in the market right now, but just out of curiosity!"

Well, Captain, seeing as how you are an avid car lover, perhaps you're gonna drool over this one: The BMW is a 2000 Z3 roadster silver coloured convertible with black top and black leather bucket seats, AC and a DVD player. We absolutely LOVE this car (she's a sexy little beast) but, can't exactly fit a baby seat in the baby! It's served its purpose, but it's simply not convenient any longer. It's a great 'date car', if you catch my drift? LOL. There's plenty of room for necking....not so much room for.....ahem. One of my brothers has a black 1973 BMW 2 door....can't remember the actual make, C3 or something, anyway - his pride and joy. Nice car.

The VW is a 2004 Passat W8 sedan, black coloured with all the fixins. I'm partial towards VW's, and this one is great to drive. This baby has power.

I'd really like to unload these two by spring or early summer, and I may have buyers for both.

PHLBOS

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:02 am

Take the Ford Freestar (formerly Windstar) and Crown Vic. They are both assembled in Canada, but most are sent to the USA.

Let's not forget that the engine blocks from 2 of Ford's most reliable engines, the 302 (5.0) and 351 Windsor (5.8), were assembled in Windsor, Ontario; just across the river from Detroit.

captaingomes

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:48 am

Canadi>nBoy, I truly hate you. First of all, you have great taste in vehicles!

But why are you getting rid of the W8? I like it a lot, but it's a serious depreciation disaster, much unlike other VW's. Does it have the 6-speed, or auto? You better not replace the W8 with a damn SUV!

Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:14 am

"Canadi>nBoy, I truly hate you. First of all, you have great taste in vehicles!"

Grazi Tanto. We like em, too.

"But why are you getting rid of the W8?"

Well, perhaps the lyrics to this song will answer your question:

I'm too sexy for my car - too sexy for my car
Too sexy by far
And I'm too sexy for my hat
Too sexy for my hat - what do you think about that?

I'm a model you know what I mean?
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk - on the catwalk yeah
I shake my little touche on the catwalk

Seriously though, the W8 is 6 speed manual, and it's been a dream to drive. The Z3 is stored away from October through April, and I drive it only from May through September inclusive. She's a beauty, and has great lines and curves to her....just like my wife. Ahem. Re Passat - I don't think my asking price is too outlandish, and in actuality has not depreciated that much (if it sells by spring, that is) considering the fact she's a 2004 model, but I know what you mean if time progresses. But all the vehicles are fully paid for, so that's a factor to weigh in. Our SUV offers fantastic storage space and plenty of room for gurgling and slurping and loud tonsils, and there's plenty of room for Teddy, Winnie The Pooh, and Tigger, too. It will be great for cottage time this summer (actually, it's great to drive) so, we simply don't need the sedan.

The Z3...hmmm, I dunno, I may hang on to it, haven't truly made up my mind about that one, but the sedan I definitely want gone, as stated, hopefully by early spring. As a matter of fact our next door neighbours are very interested, so that's cool. The Mrs. wants a small, more compacto vehicle to zoom around in, as she is partial towards them - which is odd to me, because she loves driving the SUV?? Go figure.

captaingomes

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:19 am

Hrmmmmmm, I hate to see you let the W8 go. It's quirky, just like you. The SUV is also too bad, and you should be ashamed at yourself!!!  Big grin

I think the W8 6-speed will be highly sought after in 10 years, and at that point, the price will slowly rise, much like 1992 Passat G60 Syncros are sought after, and relatively expensive here in Canada.

Airlinerfreak

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:23 am

Boy, I did not know they paved the roads up there yet. I am still wonderin how they got their stop sign up there. No but in all honesty in Toronto I dont remember seeing older cars, I thought it was just like America.

L.1011

Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:04 pm

because BMWs SUCK in the snow.

Really? Our X5 plowed right through the 28" snow storm we got up here in New England a few weeks back.  Big thumbs up

Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:27 am

"Hrmmmmmm, I hate to see you let the W8 go. It's quirky, just like you."

Thank you, sir. That's the quasi-nicest thing anyone has said about me in....
......hang on man, lemme check my watch.

And a GOOOOOD Mooorning to you! We just had delicious blueberry pancakes with ooey gooey rich syrup and oh-so-fresh dairy butter shmoozed on em for breakfast, washed down with rich, full-bodied Columbian coffee and freshly squeezed OJ. My tummy feels sooooo good.

"The SUV is also too bad, and you should be ashamed at yourself!!!"

I hang my head in absolute shame and disgust. :-( But ya know something?
The more we drive it, the more we really like it. I guess we were just born to be energy wasters, and whas so wrong wit dat?

"I think the W8 6-speed will be highly sought after in 10 years, and at that point, the price will slowly rise, much like 1992 Passat G60 Syncros are sought after, and relatively expensive here in Canada."

You ever thought of working in the auto industry? Seriously, you seem to really know your stuff, and also seem to be quite passionate about cars.
You remind me somewhat of one of my brothers, who was and still is nutzoid about cars, and I mean that in a nice way. One of my maternal uncles was a GM exec in Oshawa & Detroit, and he was forever sending my brother GM car posters and mags. My brother's bedroom was like walking into a literal auto shrine. Of course, whenever we saw our uncle, we never uttered the word 'Ford'. Who knows, perhaps there's a dealership, with those cheesy multi-coloured triangle flags hangin in the outdoor lot, with your name on it.
 Wink/being sarcastic Kiddin.

What the hell am I doing on this site on a Saturday? Off I go.

captaingomes

Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:57 am

Off you go sir! Working in the auto industry? I'd rather start a small service oriented business as a part-time gig to supplement income and keep me busy. Who knows, maybe one day.  Smile