Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Battlestar Galactica - Part Duex

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:06 pm

So . . .

Episode 8 in the US is done.

The President is, IMHO, now VERY suspect.

Adama is not. Regardless of what asshole said.

But does it get you thinking. . . the Lords of Kobald - the 12 God's - etc.

So Banco, I hope you're reading this and laughing . . . fortunately, you're in the same boat. At least you were at the end of episode 8 . . . .

Kara Thrace did good in her interogation . . .

And then there's the pansy ass, Doctor Baltar - that painty waist.

Oh, Lt. boomer, you're ok . .. . even if you ARE a Cylon!!! Glowing Red on the board and all, let me help ou out there.

So, I hope Dr. Baltar gets killed - soon, very soon . . . . sheese.

Love this new Battlestar. . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Springbok747

RE: Battlestar Galactica - Part Duex

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:11 pm

Battlestar just started here in Australia. So far we're at episode 1...and I love it  Big thumbs up

Can't wait for the whole series...it's awesome!
אני תומך בישראל

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:18 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (reply 1):
So far we're at episode 1...and I love it

Guess we better be careful what we say here in the states too huhm, sowe don't ruin it for you in Oz . . . .

I guarantee you will like the new Battlestar . . . it like a souped up Star Trek, only better, faster, darker, cooler, neater, more quizacle . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

NZ747

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:25 pm

I have seen one episode, and find it rather boring. Then again i'm not much of a SciFi fan. I can't stand watching most of it, including Star Trek, not enough thrill or excitement to fulfill my entertainment needs.

Episode three is on right now in New Zealand as I type. Looks like we bet Australia in something for once  Big thumbs up .

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:30 pm

NZ747 . . sorry dude . . have a drinkie, relax, maybe it will grow on you!  Big thumbs up

[Edited 2005-02-26 08:30:43]

Springbok747

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:34 pm

Episode three is on right now in New Zealand as I type. Looks like we bet Australia in something for once

Haha..true. We had the 2-hour miniseries, then episode 1 last week (it airs on Wednesdays here). I love it  Big thumbs up
אני תומך בישראל

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:43 pm

Hey, better than the offer I got, I hve episode 1-9 plus the mini-series for sale . . . special for you . . . . $1k US. . ha ha ha.

Just kidding. . . you gotta suck it up like I have been, for WEEKs now!

Boy, episode 8 will get you to thinkin . . . like Arsenal Hall used to say: . . . things that make you say Hmmmmmmmm.

Wild, fantastic, oblique, unique, different, excellent . . .

[Edited 2005-02-26 08:43:49]

Springbok747

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:51 pm

LOL...ANCFlyer! It's really irritating to wait for one whole week. We have to wait 7 whole weeks before episode 8..damn  Sad

Hmmm...how does $750 sound for those DVDs? Hehe...can't wait for the whole series to come out on DVD Big grin
אני תומך בישראל

NZ747

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:55 pm

Well ANCFlyer, I think you've convinced me. Next week I'll give it another shot.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:57 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (reply 7):
Hmmm...how does $750 sound for those DVDs?

Weeelllllll, plus shipping, handling, taxes, interest, customs fees, bribes, payoffs, packaging, posting, wrapping . . .

Sucks, you'd be better off waiting for the TV.

So, you've seen "33". . . is that cool or what!

Springbok747

Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:05 pm

So, you've seen "33". . . is that cool or what!

Yup. Can't wait for "Water"  Big thumbs up
אני תומך בישראל

Ready4Pushback

Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:45 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (reply 6):
Hey, better than the offer I got, I hve episode 1-9 plus the mini-series for sale . . . special for you . . . . $1k US. . ha ha ha.

...that's a bargain given the value of the dollar!  Wink/being sarcastic

Quoting ANCFlyer (reply 2):
Guess we better be careful what we say here in the states too huhm, sowe don't ruin it for you in Oz . . .

I can't believe us Brits beat the Americans - we've finsihed the first series. I feel as though I can't take part in this discussion coz I'll give it all away and ruin it for everyone! All I can say is that I can't wait for season 2.

I have one or two good links with some good forums and episode guides on there if anyone is interested.

SATL382G

Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:41 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (reply 0):

Naw.. Her visions are just a reaction to the chemo/drugs or whatever treatment the cigarette smoking man has her on.

But... it would have been easy enough to time the attack with her trip.

Kara Thrace did good in her interogation . . .

So being alone in a room with a known toaster was a tactic and not an error?

Oh, Lt. boomer, you're ok . .. . even if you ARE a Cylon!!! Glowing Red on the board and all, let me help ou out there.

Potential double agent? I think so.....

So, I hope Dr. Baltar gets killed - soon, very soon . . . . sheese.

We can't lose our comedic relief!!

Speaking of comedy... was last nights "Enterprise" supposed to be funny or SciFi drama, re: Archers forehead?
"There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being shot at and missed" --Winston Churchill

Banco

Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:33 am

Adama is not. Regardless of what asshole said.

But does it get you thinking. . . the Lords of Kobald - the 12 God's - etc.

So Banco, I hope you're reading this and laughing . . . fortunately, you're in the same boat. At least you were at the end of episode 8 . . . .

I still am, mate! Big grin Don't expect clear cut answers to any of these. Well, not to all of them anyway.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:10 am

So, what's with President Roslin bouncing into that interrogation and shipping this asshole into the nether regions of space?

Starbuck should have listened to Adama . . . it got to her, just as he said, and she didn't pay attention.

"Adama is a cylon". Well, I don't know if I totally subscribe to that unless somewhere, sometime the REAL Commander Adama was kidnapped and replaced, after he had fought them in his Viper and after he had fathered two children.

And the activity on Caprica . . . hmmm. "We had Sex" said the Psuedo-Boomer. (As an aside, I'd pay real money to have been in Helo's place there- Lt. Boomer is a cute litle thing . . . .  Big thumbs up ). Now they are setting up a cabin, and supplies, etc . . . I suspect the Cylons have figured a way to "Mate" with the humans, and want to use Helo and Boomer as the test dummies. Interesting thought there.

Ok, I'd play along, as long as Boomer (or #6) were the opposite test dummies. I know, I know - I'm a dirty old man . . . . I've learned to live with it.

Fokker Lover

Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:30 am

I would suggest that any Australians skip over this post. You've been warned

It seems that The Cylons are really into religion, and the one God thing.
I believe that Boomer and Helo are supposed to be the next Adam & Eve.

I was thinking that the hidden Cylons in the fleet would be able to transmit their location, but it became very evident that they can't transmit anything.
This was shown on Caprica when #6 was pissed at Boomer for being a half hour late and not knowing where she was.
I guess the only programming they get is what they had at delivery time.
That's why the sleepers don't even know that they are Cylon.

I was having a hard time staying awake during "33" and "Water". Banco said hang in there because they get better with every episode. Well, he was right. I'm hooked and can't wait for next week.
10,000 years ago we would have eaten you. Today, we drag you along and allow you to pollute the gene pool.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:49 am

Quoting Fokker Lover (reply 15):
I was having a hard time staying awake during "33"

Wow, really, I thought "33" was an excellent episode, better than Bastille Day which is my least favorite to date.

Quoting Fokker Lover (reply 15):
I believe that Boomer and Helo are supposed to be the next Adam & Eve.

I agree - it does seem to be shaping up that way. Helo is going to have to wonder, sooner or later (if he and Boomer set up housekeeping in the cabin on an occupied planet) why they are being left alone. I mean, I certainly would be wondering why I wasn't being bothered if I were in an "occupied" area.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:00 pm

So, now we have Tigh's wife onboard Galactica . . . is she or isn't she a Cylon? Can't rely on Baltar's high speed test, he's lost his mind. Doesn't matter really whether she is or not, she's definitely a scanky thing . . . better Tigh's wife than mine.

And Caprica Boomer has apparently decided to bail out with Helo - where is she going to go on that planet? Or in that system? Ought to be interesting to see.

Next week ought to be good.

andersjt

Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:00 am

First my apologies to those down under who have just started watching the series if I give too much away, but I like the chance to discuss this stuff that is brought up. I can't decide if I'm bored with the "are they a cylon or not?" question, but when I watched last night's show and the anguish President Roslin showed over her doubt that Adama might be a cylon was good. But please, I hope they don't get too carried away with the paranoia - this stuff harkens back to all the old sci-fi movies and TV series with aliens disguised as humans.

OK - two copies of Boomer, a cylon that doesn't know it is a cylon. Good stuff, especially the one on Caprica with Helo (who is a babe by the way).

As far as Ellen Tigh being a cylon - funny how she looks like a slightly aged, and just as, if not more sexual, version of Number 6.

The big question - and I wonder if we will ever learn this. The cylons were originally designed by humans, and obstensibly humans who had a heretical belief in "God" (and not the Lords of Cobol) decades ago - will we ever get a history on the origins of the cylons? Their self-evolvement could only come from the original programming. Get back to that human or group of humans and their beliefs, and wouldn't it make it easier for the Galacticans to know who they are fighting?
Oh how I long for the day when the skies were truly Friendly!

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:07 am

Quoting Andersjt (reply 18):
Good stuff, especially the one on Caprica with Helo (who is a babe by the way).

Oh, the Caprica Boomer KNOWS she's a Cylon, and she's running, and you're right - quite cute Big grin

Agreed, Ellen Tigh does look like an aged #6 (and not very well aged I might add, kinda skanky and used up). I hope it turns out she is a Cylon because if COL Tigh us putting up with her he's lost a lot of my respect - ask me, they ought to put her ass out the airlock.

andersjt

Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:25 am

Sorry ANCFlyer, yes, Boomer (Sharon Park) is quite beautiful, but my babe remark was meant for Helo (I hope I don't offend).

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:45 am

Quoting Andersjt (reply 20):
Sharon Park)

Sharon Valerii played by Grace Park  Big grin

Oh, Helo - cool, no offense . . . we can split them between us  thumbsup 

andersjt

Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:02 am

Thanks for the correction - anyway if I were to switch, I think Grace Park might get me to. Big grin

Again - my apologies to those who haven't seen it -
So we find out that Ellen Tigh has a reputation for sleeping with half the fleet, maybe she is like the 6.0 original version of Number 6 that infiltrated the humans before the newer current version 6.6 (7, 8, or 9 take your pick). It makes sense that cylons with organic components (that aren't replaced or upgraded) have to show aging.

Banco

Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:27 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (reply 17):
The big question - and I wonder if we will ever learn this. The cylons were originally designed by humans, and obstensibly humans who had a heretical belief in "God" (and not the Lords of Cobol) decades ago - will we ever get a history on the origins of the cylons? Their self-evolvement could only come from the original programming. Get back to that human or group of humans and their beliefs, and wouldn't it make it easier for the Galacticans to know who they are fighting?

Apparently so. I was reading an interview with with the creator Ronald D Moore, and he was saying that they want to explore rather more of this backstory in future. I think, for obvious reasons, developing this line in the first 13 episode series was always going to be both difficult and posibly even self-defeating.

Incidentally, if you're interested in the various musings of Moore, he's set up a blog on the Sci-Fi website. It responds to issues raised in the US airings, so you don't get anything in the way of spoilers from the completed series.

http://blog.scifi.com/battlestar/

thomasphoto60

Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:01 pm

While I am not a huge SciFi nut, I love this series. It is one of the few shows that I actually make the time and actually sit down and watch intently, which is saying something as I am not much of a TV watcher in the first place. I posted other thoughts on BSG in an earlier thread dedicated to this subject here a month or so ago.

I am curious as to why British viewers were able to see the entire series before the US? While I have not paid close attention to the closing credits so perhaps this was a British production, also I realize that BSG has a sizable British cast, again perhaps that is part of the reason. Regardless, I am ready for the remaining 5 new episodes.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

Banco

Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:04 pm

It was part of the agreement that saw Sky One in the UK co-fund the series. I doubt it'll be repeated in the future, partly because so many in the US bitched about it endlessly  Yeah sure and partly because the series has been a success and so Sky's money, though helpful, won't be so crucial. As I understand it, the first series wouldn't have got off the ground without it.

Incidentally, there are only two members of the cast who are British. Three are American and all the others are Canadian.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:01 am

For those of you that have become instant Grace Park (Boomer) fans, please do yourself a favor and turn your attention to the March 2005 issue of Maxim! Please see page 114.  hyper   yes   eyepopping 

[Edited 2005-03-09 00:01:52]

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:38 pm

Any thoughts on this weeks episode?

Got to wonder is Helo starting to wonder WTF is going on? He mentions it's weird that he and Boomer are the only two people he's seen on Caprica. . . that's different. Also, when #6 comes walking up the road, he's got the big??? He dosen't know "the cylons look like us now" part . . . and he didn't see the platoon of walking chrome toasters coming right behind her - Boomer had the binos then.

whitehatter

Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:03 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 25):
It was part of the agreement that saw Sky One in the UK co-fund the series. I doubt it'll be repeated in the future, partly because so many in the US bitched about it endlessly Yeah sure and partly because the series has been a success and so Sky's money, though helpful, won't be so crucial. As I understand it, the first series wouldn't have got off the ground without it.

Sky have already booked season two on the strength of their own viewing figures, which were excellent for first run scifi. Scripts were commissioned before it even aired in the USA.

Season one did sag a bit in the middle due to a lot of character development and story filling, but them there scifi nuts in the USA have the last few episodes in the season to look forward to when it all fires up nicely again.

The best ideas Moore had were to make Starbuck into a strong woman and to cast Edward James Olmos as Adama. Two standout performances. Watching Baltar fall apart is also another strong plotline and performance.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:08 pm

Quoting WhiteHatter (Reply 28):
Edward James Olmos as Adama.

I've been trying to put my finger on exactly what makes Adama a "strong" commander - and why his troops have such an affection for him (as demonstrated in the original mini-series).

He's strong, stoic, quiet, doesn't get excited (save a few small instances where he fired up Tigh, Apollo or both) when they were looking for Starbuck.

Interesting character Almos has turned out for Adama.

I'm glad Sky picked it up for another season - and I'm quite sure we'l lkeep getting it here in the states as well . . . I'm sure there would be riots against SciFi if they cancelled . . .

whitehatter

Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:17 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 29):
I'm glad Sky picked it up for another season - and I'm quite sure we'l lkeep getting it here in the states as well . . . I'm sure there would be riots against SciFi if they cancelled . . .

Already picked up by Scifi in the USA on strong ratings from Sky! They optioned some fresh scripts on the Sky numbers and converted them into a whole season on their own numbers.

Season 2 will apparently be longer, at least 22 episodes. Preproduction is already under way.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

SATL382G

Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:04 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 27):
He mentions it's weird that he and Boomer are the only two people he's seen on Caprica. . . that's different.

The Wraith stopped at Caprica for chow before pressing on to Atlantis...  Smile

Damn friday nite sci fi.....

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 27):
Any thoughts on this weeks episode?

Let'see 90 Cylon Raiders go after the decoys, 50 Raiders go after the Galactica strike force. The 90 raiders see the ruse and join the 50 going for the strike force. Total Vipers involved? Maybe 2 dozen split into two packages. So 140 Cylon Raiders can't mop the floor with 2 dozen MKII Vipers once the Cylon C2 is destroyed? Is this a return to the "feel sorry for the Cylons because they can't win a straight fight" from the original series?

All Cylons should have the following code in their programming:

If during battle Cylon Base/command and control links destroyed
then regroup and destroy human targets of opportunity
or regroup and rejoin Cylon forces
return

Oh yeah, BTW: How long would it take to collect, process, and distribute fuel to the fleet? Especially considering that you've just destroyed the processing equipment. And how long before the Cylons figure out what happened and respond?

...and how are we doing on the Cylon models count? Are we going to count the Ack-Ack battery and fuel processing plant?

regards
"There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being shot at and missed" --Winston Churchill

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:12 am

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 31):
Especially considering that you've just destroyed the processing equipment.

They picked up a refinery ship in the mini-series before the initial FTL jump, remember . . . all they need is the Tilieum Ore . . . they can process on the move.

Nope, not counting the AAA or the plant - not counting Base Shhips either.

My count is at 6 (possibly 7). The possible 7th is Tigh's old hag . . . err, I mean wife. Never saw the results of Baltars test on her, but it's just too convenient. See reply #22 from Andersjt on that issue as well.

Apparently, the Cylons aern't any better shot in this show than they were back in the 70s. WIth 90 fighters in the air, they still lost against a couple dozen vipers!

Banco

Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:58 am

Quoting WhiteHatter (Reply 28):
Sky have already booked season two on the strength of their own viewing figures, which were excellent for first run scifi. Scripts were commissioned before it even aired in the USA.

Not quite. Sky expressed a strong desire to see a second series based on their own viewing figures, before it went to air on Sci-fi in the US, but Sky were "only" contributing around a third of production costs, and so the final decision was always going to be Sci-Fi's. Had Sci-Fi said no, then we might have had the interesting scenario as to whether Sky would have sought to increase their involvement or not, but that didn't arise. You are quite correct to say, however, that new scripts (six of them in fact) were ordered based on the programme's performance in the UK.

Now, another innovation from Sci-Fi has been that they are offering DVD-style commentary by Ron Moore on a podcast on their website:

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/downloads/podcast/

Amongst some of the interesting things he has to say are that he was determined that the Cylons wouldn't be seen week in, week out, getting duffed up by the Galactica. The example he gave was that the Borg were always losing to the Star Trek lot, and lost their menace accordingly. Interesting point.

andersjt

Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:06 am

For Cylons, shooting accuracy not important, remember they can always build more. Unlike the old series, the raiders in this series are Cylons themselves (no pilots). You give the raider model the programming to backtrack and re-group, then you introduce more complicated coding that can have a bug in it. Keep the programming simple, go out shoot and destroy, more raider models are on the assembly line.

I missed last nights episode. I have DirecTV which means I either had to watch it at 7:30 last night (Pacific Time), or wait until 11. I didn't get out of work until 8:00, and I was too tired to stay up after 11:00. I had to be back to the office Saturday morning. How good was it?

Springbok747

Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:56 am

Just saw "Bastille Day"..awesome episode.

Just have a few questions though..

1. Both Six and Zarek make references to "humanity's children", is there a connection?
2. Is Zarek genuinely willing to die for the cause of anarchy?
3. Can Baltar really use a nuclear warhead to build a Cylon detector, or does Six have some other plan? I'm guessing Six is gonna use this so-called Cylon detector for some diabolical scheme...hehe..can't wait for the remaining episodes  bigthumbsup 
אני תומך בישראל

Fokker Lover

Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:22 am

Well, I just finished watching the tape since it was on too late last night to stay up.
Now that the Boomer on Caprica not only chucked her Cylon programming and is on the run, and managed to get pregnant, I believe that it shows the Cylons are more human than what we think.

The show always starts with " Man created cylons. They evolved. Then they rebelled." We can now add to that, "They evolved again, and they rebelled again." The human models are now becoming more and more human. So, it's only natural that they will rebel against the mechanical models.
It also looks like Baltar is going to start taking himself way too seriously with the tool of God thing. It may be his downfall. I can't wait until next week.
10,000 years ago we would have eaten you. Today, we drag you along and allow you to pollute the gene pool.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:18 am

Quoting Fokker Lover (Reply 36):
So, it's only natural that they will rebel against the mechanical models.

So far, I've only seen one "Toaster" model. And they appear to be worker bees, not bosses.

Quoting Andersjt (Reply 34):
I missed last nights episode. I have DirecTV which means I either had to watch it at 7:30 last night (Pacific Time), or wait until 11. I didn't get out of work until 8:00, and I was too tired to stay up after 11:00. I had to be back to the office Saturday morning. How good was it?

Bummer, good episode . . . might I suggest TIVO or a DVD-R  Smile It should be on again Monday - that's been SciFis usual practice . . .

[Edited 2005-03-13 02:19:17]

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:51 pm

Episode 11 tonight - interesting twist. . .

I see COL Tighs wife is more of a slut and scumbag than I thought she'd be. Zerek is turning out to be a typical low life - but very dangerous politician.

And President Roslyn?? Hmm??? Did SHE have the assasin killed or did Zerek?

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a good tape tonight - will have to do that on Monday. Next Friday, the last 2 episodes, season finale, will aire in the states,. Then we get to wait for the next season . . .

Any surprises coming Banco?

Banco

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:09 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 38):
Any surprises coming Banco

Oh yes! There's quite a few actually, tying up a lot of the unanswered questions (but by no means all) at the end, but starting a whole lot more. And there's an absolute belter of a twist to come as well. Suffice to say, the start of the second series will be very, very interesting.

Actually the last two episodes are really, really good.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:15 pm

I neglected to mention the discovery by Helo that something is definitely amiss on Caprica with little Boomer . . . now that they've assailed that Cylon Base and he's seen two more #6s, and then the Boomer that drew on him . . . which was killed by the Boomer that he's been bumpin' uglies with . . . well, the poor guy's got to be thinkin' . . ."Shit, just when I find a nice little cutie and she's givin' up the (*#&*(&$%, turns out she's a bad guy, Shit!"

Well, I'll certainly be awating the final two episodes . . .

Any clue as to what this "Belter" of twist is or who to watch so I don't miss it?

Banco

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:30 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 40):
Any clue as to what this "Belter" of twist is or who to watch so I don't miss it?

I could do, but it would spoil it, and I don't believe that you really want to know.

So long as you watch it all, you won't miss it, I can guarantee you that. There's nothing else I could say that would do anything other than slightly spoil it, and I don't want to do that.

But it's good. The whole series has been great, and the final two-parter will definitely leave you wanting more. I'm really pleased the producers had the confidence to go for it when they weren't certain of renewal.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:35 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 41):

I could do, but it would spoil it, and I don't believe that you really want to know

You're right of course . . . damn it. No harm in asking . . .

I too am glad they've been picked up again for another 22 shows - that's almost double this season.

I suspect we'll see the usual crew next season plus more of Tom Zarek, hopefully Tigh's old hag wife will disappear, get beamed up (wait - wrong show  Smile ) or something . . . and Vice President Baltar will finally lsoe it altogether.

Banco

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:42 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 42):
I suspect we'll see the usual crew next season

Those who are coming back have already been announced, but I ain't telling! Big grin

It seems like you'll get series 2 at about the same time as us. What tends to happen is that you start first, have a mid-season break, at which time we catch up and we finish first.

Have you listened to any of the podcasts? It might be an idea to wait until the end of the series and then go back over them, but Moore does talk about the ideas and the development for the future.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:47 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 43):
Have you listened to any of the podcasts? It might be an idea to wait until the end of the series and then go back over them, but Moore does talk about the ideas and the development for the future

No, but that's a thought . . .  scratchchin 

Well those coming back are obviously the CIC crew - as for the extras, the Doctor I'm sure (kinda like a McCoy wanna be - I like him, I'm just waiting for him to spout off about "I'm a doctor Adama, not a computer technician" if he ever has to work on a cylon), the Landing deck crew including the limp dick Chief; Calley and her sidekick.

Still, wish Tigh's old lady would vaporize . . . she'll be in bed with Zerak before this is overwith - probably already has.

SATL382G

Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:03 am

Zereks last word's with the president are familiar:

"I shaved very closely in anticipation of being smacked by you"

Who else said this? I want to say George C Scott said it in Patton but I can't think of who to.. Monty?

Baltar -- From unaware Quorum delegate to Vice-President in one easy episode. And still nobody notices him talking to #6/himself.....

regards

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:09 am

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 45):
Zereks last word's with the president are familiar:

"I shaved very closely in anticipation of being smacked by you"

Who else said this? I want to say George C Scott said it in Patton but I can't think of who to.. Monty?

Exactly . . . Patton to Montgomery on the Steps of the City Center Cathedral in Mesina in WW2 . . . Pattons Army was waiting when Monty and company came popping round the corner.  bigthumbsup 

Gotta love that movie . . . Patton that is . . .

Baltar -- From unaware Quorum delegate to Vice-President in one easy episode. And still nobody notices him talking to #6/himself.....

Ya kinda gotta wonder, huh! He has a meeting with the President in the shitter of a luxury liner and then it's discovered he's in one of the stalls making babies with a TV commentator! Gotta give the guy credit tho - he does get a lot of nookie from some awesome looking women! Next week, previews appear as tho he and Starbuck might have a little something going . . . geez, I hope she has better taste.

Banco

Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:44 am

Well, there are only 50,000 of them left, none (bar one) politicians. They made it pretty clear in the mini-series that Baltar is a bit of a superstar as far as the public are concerned. Remember him being interviewed on television at the start? And he was recognised by Helo and given passage. So, he's hardly an unknown. And I wouldn't say it was one episode either, this whole Vice-Presidency issue has been bubbling along throughout much of the series.

As for the talking to himself, I think they've done that quite well. How often is he actually seen publicly talking to himself? Not very often. So, they think he's a bit weird, that's clear, but don't forget what we see is not what the characters see.

Fokker Lover

Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:23 am

I guess as an actor/actress, the best part to have is a Cylon. The writers can kill you as many times as they want and you still have a job. You also get to play different parts on different sets. Tigh and Adama are pretty much locked where they are.

An issue of TV Guide had alot of telling info and pics. In one of the pics it looks to me like Starbuck is staring down at another dead Starbuck. But hey, you have to remember that I wear glasses and all blondes look alike to me.

Did you catch the part Where Boomer tries to tell Helo that since Cylons look human, they can probably think for themselves and feel emotions like love and fear? That was a great setup for the future. Especially since she is carrying his baby. Man I can't wait for next week.

Banco

Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:58 pm

Quoting Fokker Lover (Reply 48):
In one of the pics it looks to me like Starbuck is staring down at another dead Starbuck

That scene plays in the final two parter. But as to the identity of the dead one, wait and see.