Topic Author

Crazed Chimps Bite Off Man's Cojones

Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:31 am

Some news stories are so weird they just have to be true:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...0304/ap_on_re_us/chimpanzee_attack

flyboy36y

RE: Crazed Chimps Bite Off Man's <i>Cojones</i>

Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:41 am

These guys had it comming. They had the chimps as pets untiill they bit off her fiinger. Now they keep comming back for more

alberchico

RE: Crazed Chimps Bite Off Man's Cojones

Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:47 am

Ouch that has to hurt  eek 

Superfly

Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:59 am

Wow, my sister works at that hospital whare these people will be treated!  Wow!
I amsure she'll have some stories next time we speak.

I can't stand it when people get exotic pets. Some animals just simply aren't meant to be domesticated. What's wrong with just having a dog, cat or fish tank?
Just last week a wild tiger was found on a jogging trail near the Reagan Library in Simi Valley California.
It was an exotic pet owner that was also responsible for the snakehead fish problem a few summers ago.

mham001

Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:46 am

Pretty amazing the strenght of those animals. Photos of the man showed he was at least 250+ pounds and one chimp started "dragging him down the road".

TV said they ripped out an eye, bit off his nose, pretty much ripped his face off and chewed off his foot. Never mentioned his testicles. ouch.

aerorobnz

Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:30 pm

Quoting Mham001 (reply 4):
Pretty amazing the strenght of those animals. Photos of the man showed he was at least 250+ pounds and one chimp started "dragging him down the road".

It is thought that the adult male chimpanzee is up to 3 times as strong as an adult male human.....That's awesome.

Yes exotic pets are a problem, people with no backgrounds with these creatures think they can look after one of these creatures in their homes. Even someone that has a fair idea of how to raise and care for a large primate/big cat would struggle with the practicalities of looking after them. With a chimp's strength, aggression and intelligence you take your life into their hands. The stupid bastard deserved all he got.

fspilot747

Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:52 pm

Quoting Aerorobnz (reply 5):
The stupid bastard deserved all he got.

I thought he was a visitor to the place? Either way, that's a dumb thing to say.

aerorobnz

Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:20 pm

Quoting FSPilot747 (reply 6):
I thought he was a visitor to the place? Either way, that's a dumb thing to say.

Yes it was kinda stupid, as he was a visitor to a reserve (I should read the article first) However Chimps have very good memories, and if the chimp had been kept in unsuitable conditions/abused/threatened by their dominance previously he will remember them and attack them - that is a natural instinct. Besides it is well documented that chimps(esp Males) are extremely aggressive, even verging on the sadistic when inflicting pain on others and If you are in an enclosure you know the risks and accept that you are risking your wellbeing by being there (ask any primatologist/zoo keeper)and If as Chimp owners/carers they didn't know that, then they deserve to be attacked because they are tempting fate with their stupidity.

saxdiva

Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:35 pm

Quoting Superfly (reply 3):
I can't stand it when people get exotic pets. Some animals just simply aren't meant to be domesticated. What's wrong with just having a dog, cat or fish tank?

Fly, much as I hate to admit it, I'm wondering if this is a California phenomenon. Does it seem to you like people in other parts of the US (except maybe Vegas, but that place has turned being a freak show into an industry) have these issues?

Still... ouch. Hope the birthday party was worth the present that guy had to contribute.  covereyes 

vaporlock

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:16 pm

Ouch.......... Thats all I can say!!!!

Superfly, I do agree that sometimes people have more money than brains! Why anyone would want an exotic pet is beyond me and the ones that usually get them can't even look after themselves...never mind a pet!!!

Phyllis  irked 

srbmod

Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:12 pm

Maybe this explains all of Michael Jackson's nose jobs (Hey you say chimps in California, Bubbles immediately pops in to mind.)

PacificWestern

Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:03 pm

Hmmm....now I have to figure out how to get a couple of cheating exes to visit that animal sanctuary.

A340600

Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:11 am

Quoting PacificWestern (reply 11):
Hmmm....now I have to figure out how to get a couple of cheating exes to visit that animal sanctuary.

My thoughts exactly!

Sam

mham001

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:33 am

From the local news stories I read, these chimps were not supposed to be in the same enclosure, but somehow escaped into the area. These people were experienced handlers, at least with the animal they were visiting and probably did know what they were doing. It will all come out eventually.

aa61hvy

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:57 am

"Animals bite, people bite, Mike Tyson bites. So what?" he said"

There is a good quote. Nice PR they have over there.

Superfly

Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:13 am

Saxdiva & Vaporlock:
This isn't limited to California. The Snakehead fish problem started in Maryland. Then there were other sicko copycats in 22 other states. Some guys buy these dangerous exotic pats to be macho.
Same goes for snakes, iguanas and even pit bulls.