Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aa61hvy
Topic Author

My Message To The Democrats Who Still Complain

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:01 am

I'm a moderate....but get over it, GWB won.

Signed,
AA61hvy

Edit: I was pro GWB this election, but I would have been just as happy if Kerry DID win.

[Edited 2005-03-09 02:05:01]
Go big or go home

N766UA

RE: My Message To The Democrats Who Still Complain

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:03 am

It's been 4 years, why are we still fanning these flames? I'm as sick of the democrats yapping on as anyone else but why just give them yet another thread to do it in?

MD11LuxuryLinr

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:04 am

cry 

OK..

filler
Caution wake turbulence, you are following a heavy jet.

SLC1

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:19 am

Maybe it's time for republicans to stop whining about our supposed whining. It seems to me that republicans (or pro-GWBers) are the people who keep bringing this topic up, not democrats. We have a right to be upset and voice that opinion, but we are over it, so to speak. I'd be interested to see what republicans would say had Kerry won, it would be labeled not as whiny but people who were concerned that the country is headed toward bad times with a horrible leader.

I'm over it, so stop labeling me and 48% of the country as whiny trash.
We're gonna do what we like to call a "jetBlue how do you do", which is slang for dumping a bunch of fuel in the ocean

cptkrell

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:40 am

Geeze, I didn't want Jimmie Carter or Bill Clinton to win their respective races, but I sure as hell got over it about as quickly as I did the results of other races I bet against and got along with my life.

Now, with the technology of the internet and the fact that many don't have anything constructive to do with their time except flame and bitch, these sorts of never-ending political threads seem to be the d'jour rather than doing a little something progressive like watching grass grow, paint dry or...flash!...fixing your friggen' leaking faucet or checking the air pressure in your tires before you overload the sumbitch, have a failure and a blowout and hire a lawyer.

Of course, I has succomed too, out of boredom, to even respond to this boring subject. GAFL. Regards..Jack
all best; jack

PacificWestern

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:44 am

SLC1 is the farthest thing there is from whiney trash. I ought to know because I AM whiney, but happily I'm not trash. Big grin

ROCK ON SLC1.

gigneil

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:57 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Thread starter):

Not how a democracy works.

N

diamond

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:58 am

Signed,
AA61hvy

Edit: I was pro GWB this election, but I would have been just as happy if Kerry DID win.

AA61Hvy - How about putting your comment in context? This is sort of out of the blue. Who is complaining? Who isn't over it?  Smile

P.S. GWB didn't "win". Kerry definitely "lost". Somewhat of a difference.
Blank.

dl021

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:03 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 7):

Well, I was going to say "let's get past it and focus on the future", which most of us seem to be doing.. but comments like that are simply sour grapes that don't do anything but display disrespect and cause hard feelings.

President Bush won the election, Senator Kerry lost. Done.

Now, lets see where we are headed next.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

ANCFlyer

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:05 pm

Now, I voted for Dubya, and that's no surprise I guess . . . even though I'm registered Independent.

But AA61Hvy - I completely fail to see the point or the purpose of this thread, other than to  stirthepot .

I believe it is a direct violation of A-Net Forum Rule # 5: Do not re-ignite inflammatory threads by creating new threads on the same topic; and it's solely here to create flamebait.

I think the Repubs here, AA61Hvy - like yourself - need to get over this issue as well.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

airplay

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:20 pm

An election isn't the end. It just sets the stage for the next four years. Why should democrats just roll over and die in the mean time?

L-188

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:24 pm

This wouldn't have any thing to do with Theresa's latest statements about how her husband was robbed.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

nycflyer

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:27 pm

the reason the losing side (Democrats) are more upset than usual, is because we Democrats view the course GWB is leading us down as far more treacherous than the usual post-election situation. GWB is a HIGHLY POLARIZING FIGURE to many people beyond the neocons and evangelicals who voted for him. I didn't mind so much when GWB won the first time, but I minded a hell of a lot more this time around, now that we're at war, driving away our allies, clamping down on civil liberties, etc. Far more serious issues at stake than normal. That's why we have a tough time "getting over it."

Newark777

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:32 pm

How about this: EVERYONE stop whining! What the hell are we accomplishing if we tell one side to stop whining, and the other side comes back telling them to stop whining about them whining? It's ridiculous! We need to stop with all the "Bush didn't win" and "Kerry didn't deserve his medals" crap. It's over, and we should discuss any issues that need to be addressed (which there are many). We sound like a bunch of little kids.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

L-188

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:35 pm

Quoting NYCFlyer (Reply 12):
GWB is a HIGHLY POLARIZING FIGURE

Clinton was much worse in that regard.

nycflyer

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:37 pm

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 13):
How about this: EVERYONE stop whining! What the hell are we accomplishing if we tell one side to stop whining, and the other side comes back telling them to stop whining about them whining? It's ridiculous! We need to stop with all the "Bush didn't win" and "Kerry didn't deserve his medals" crap. It's over, and we should discuss any issues that need to be addressed (which there are many). We sound like a bunch of little kids.

Harry

no, we don't sound like kids, but you just did in your last post. we're trying to have an informed political debate, nothing wrong with that.

Newark777

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:44 pm

Quoting NYCFlyer (Reply 15):
no, we don't sound like kids, but you just did in your last post. we're trying to have an informed political debate, nothing wrong with that.

Doesn't sound like it. Your post before me was possibly the only one, but the rest was just the usual back and force stuff we have heard over and over.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

L-188

Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:46 pm

Oh here it is, what the Ketschup which had to say.

Hope you guys can deal with it being a FOX story, but I have heard it on other sources.

Hacking the Vote?
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
By Brit Hume

Hacking the Vote?

Teresa Heinz Kerry (search), the outspoken wife of Massachusetts Senator John Kerry, says she still doesn't trust the results from November's election and that two brothers may have been responsible for changing the outcome.

Bob and Todd Urosevich (search) are top executives at the two largest manufacturers of electronic voting machines and the Ukrainian immigrants have described their politics as conservative. But at a Seattle fundraiser, Heinz Kerry called the two brothers, "hard right" Republicans who "own 80 percent of the machines used in the US," and argued that it's "very easy to hack into the mother machines." The Seattle Post-Intelligencer says that Heinz Kerry offered no evidence to support her claims, but added, "I fear for '06."

You know, I have a piece of advice for Theresa, actually it is a Robert Loggia line from the movie "Scarface". Never get addicted to your own product.

BN747

Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:04 pm

Quoting Airplay (Reply 10):
An election isn't the end. It just sets the stage for the next four years. Why should democrats just roll over and die in the mean time?

They might as well... they're both virtually the same party now. The 'good guy/bad guy' routine is becoming quite stale.

We went thru great pangs to see that Iraq had a fair election (partially anyway).

In the US, 2000 we one had state with some hanky-panky and in 2004 we had three states where there clearly some serious BS going on... and the best we can say is 'Well it wasn't that big, and there's always a little screwing around going on ....' and 'we'll fix it next time'. We cared more that 11 million Iraqis voting fairly (our news programs were all over this) than we did over several 1000 Americans being denied the right to participate (no news coverage at all after the election) and it not being addressed. One thing's for sure, many of those Americans will never participate again given what happened to them. Do you care? Of course not... my question is 'How large will that number have to grow before it becomes an area of concern?' Apparently we haven't reached that number yet...

Hell, if technology was regressing like our political progress... we'd be in a world of hurt! Wait... we are!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

N5176Y

Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:26 pm

Mrs. Teresa dropped the "Kerry" name from her last name shortly after her husband's loss.

diamond

Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:31 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 8):
but comments like that are simply sour grapes that don't do anything but display disrespect and cause hard feelings.

DL021 - Missed my point again. You do that about once every 90 days. I wasn't insulting your candidate. I was basically saying that our candidate did not do everything that could possibly be done to win the election.

Quit stretching for reasons to have hurt feelings.
Blank.

lehpron

Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:06 pm

I nth'ed the motion.

IMO, the democratic party as it has been is now dead. They need to start with a clean sheet and NOT harp on Bush as a punchline; it's old, expected, generic and stupid. IMO, they should rename themselves too, that label is gonna stick for a long time.

And no I don't think democracy has been democracy in 30 years, it's some kind of hybrid right now, I donno what of and I don't care. Currently no political party in the WORLD has my beliefs, unless I bunch them all up into one. I see myself now as either an objectivitst, a utopianist, or idealist; but even they are subjective (definitions change with different people) so I'm like whatever. I'm just tried of people trying to figure out where I stand on stuff without asking me enough questions for me to justify that they know what they are talking about.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

StowAway

Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:24 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 18):
We cared more that 11 million Iraqis voting fairly (our news programs were all over this) than we did over several 1000 Americans being denied the right to participate (no news coverage at all after the election) and it not being addressed.

You are right, BN747. The Democrats who slashed the Republican van's tires did not get much coverage. I am sure that is the story which you were referring to?  Big grin

This thread should be deleted. There are plenty of threads that are diverted into political pissing matches. (I know...I participate.) We don't need one dedicated to that very deal.
A monkey's ass always talks crap.

zippyjet

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:20 pm

A lot of right wing GOP folk, still whine about Bill Clinton getting Hoovered by a plumper intern. Pussygate is still fresh in many Red Stater's minds like that plus sized blue dress was still wet with those stains! Big grinD
I'm Zippyjet & I approve this message!

jaysit

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:45 pm

is still fresh in many Red Stater's minds like that plus sized blue dress was still wet with those stains

Pussygate !

ROFL !  Smile

I'v never heard it referred to as such, but that is hilarious !
Atheism is Myth Understood.

dl021

Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:02 am

DL021 - Missed my point again. You do that about once every 90 days. I wasn't insulting your candidate. I was basically saying that our candidate did not do everything that could possibly be done to win the election.[/quote]

Diamond... Actually no. Your comment was designed to come across the way it came across. Saying that President Bush didn't "win" (why the italics?) was designed to make democrats feel better about losing sort of like when a sports team claims to have beaten themselves in the post game press conference.

It's a pointless insult to the victors, and generally unprovable anyway. The point of my post was that we ought to get past this crap and discuss something new and worthwhile. With social security and Iraq and the price of oil, along with the dozens of others that bear discussion.

Bringing up old crap that does nothing but stir the pot is avoiding the real issues worth discussing.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

allstarflyer

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:20 am

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 6):
Not how a democracy works.

That's fine, seeing how we're a republic.

Didn't vote for either (though, I did vote), but winning the popular (w/over 50% of the total margin) and the electoral (the real vote) is solid enough.

Here's to 3rd party candidates. The 2 parties blend too often on issues.

-R
Living the American Dream

SLC1

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:22 am

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 26):
That's fine, seeing how we're a republic.

We're a democratic republic, colloquially the same thing

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 26):
Here's to 3rd party candidates.

Well, not until you fix the electoral college / spoiler effect
We're gonna do what we like to call a "jetBlue how do you do", which is slang for dumping a bunch of fuel in the ocean

allstarflyer

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:37 am

Quoting SLC1 (Reply 27):

Touche. And electing 3rd party candidates will never work until a 3rd party establishes a solid network of support starting with electing candidates into state legislatures.

-R
Living the American Dream

lekohawk

Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:43 pm

Or... starting with running presidential candidates that are worth voting for. Nader was a bigger joke and a bigger threat to America than Kerry or Bush.

Quoting SLC1 (Reply 27):

Here here! Except... good luck getting a Republican or a Democrat to vote to change the election system that supports the two major parties. It's a bit of a nasty circle.

Saying that Kerry lost more than Bush won is somewhat of a valid statement. Kerry didn't do everything he could to win the election. Many voters subscribed to the "anyone but Kerry" motto during their time in the voting booth last November. The Democrats that are Democrats for a living need to recognize that for 2008, if they hope to win (and they do).
If only closed minds came with closed mouths.