Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rsmith6621a
Topic Author

National Gaurd Is Looking To Labor Ready Temps

Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:15 pm

"Faced with nationwide recruitment challenges, the Army National Guard has partnered with Labor Ready, a provider of temporary jobs for unskilled workers, in the hopes the Tacoma-based company's 700 branches across the nation can help boost the dwindling number of recruits"

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...news/2002347968_recruiting25m.html

THEIR DESPARATE

It looks like our military now has stooped to low ground. I guess they havent yet come to acknowledge their problems come from a lack of integrity and honesty that has been bestowed upon all branches of the military.

The military would have been free of this problem had their COC been completly honest about the reason they are in Iraq......No!!! let me rephrase this.......They wouldnt have this problem had we not invaded a country that never attacked us or had anything to do with 9/11

I know you neo-con will write this off to creative marketing I call it preying on those who are with out.

My daily remeinder.....Read Up On The Downing Street Memos.....cause FoxNews wont do it for you......The truth of Iraq lyes within those pages.

[Edited 2005-06-26 07:18:08]
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

ANCFlyer

RE: National Gaurd Is Using Labor Ready Temps

Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:19 pm

Hey, RSmith, you're BEHIND the times AGAIN!!!!

The military, which for your edification, includes the NATIONAL GUARD, has been using temp services and civilian contractors for a decade or MORE.

Day late and way short again!

Military members no longer peel potatoes or cut grass or wash out the shitters or anything else. . . not for a long, long, long time. Don't know where you've been for the last ten to fifteen years   

Why not put some of them in uniform? Nothing wrong with it. Temp workers can be just as valuable in the military . . .even in the National Guard   .

Might be a good chance for these "unskilled laborers" to gain a skill! Novel thought huh!?!

You've done it again - proven you're ignorance. . . way to go, at least your batting average is 1000!!! Loser!

And here you go:

THEIR DESPARATE

How about this: They're Desperate. . . . you cant evun spel it write, whose gonig to pae atenshun to it!?

I beat you by seconds AllStarFlyer.  wink 

[Edited 2005-06-26 07:25:58]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

allstarflyer

RE: National Gaurd Is Using Labor Ready Temps

Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:20 pm

Quoting Rsmith6621a (Thread starter):
I guess they havent yet come to acknowledge their problems come from a lack of integrity and honesty that has been bestowed upon all branches of the military.

Thanks for insulting half of my family, Rsmith. Bestowed upon all branches of the military? There's idiots to be found throughout the ranks, but that's definitely not indicative of the whole, not by a longshot. As far as this move by the National Guard - if they're really hurting so bad, we would know about it by more than just this, I'm sure.

And, in preparation of ANCflyer's sure-to-be-fitting retort:

redflag 

-R
Living the American Dream

rsmith6621a
Topic Author

RE: National Gaurd Is Looking To Labor Ready Temps

Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:28 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 2):
Thanks for insulting half of my family, Rsmith. Bestowed upon all branches of the military?

I am talking of the ONE who has bestowed this situation on the military......got a clue who that could be????
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

DeltaGuy

Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:53 pm

Your mom

filler filler filler
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

allstarflyer

Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:32 pm

Quoting Rsmith6621a (Reply 4):
Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 2):
Thanks for insulting half of my family, Rsmith. Bestowed upon all branches of the military?

I am talking of the ONE who has bestowed this situation on the military......got a clue who that could be????

Rsmith, no matter what damage a Prez could do to the military's image (and, yeah, I have someone in mind about that, and he left office just over 5 years ago), the U.S. military would still shine through the muck and grime regardless.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 1):
I beat you by seconds AllStarFlyer.

On my knees, teeth gritted, fingers in claw position, eyes clenched, faced upward - Arrrgghhh!!!

Well, somebody had to wave the flag, at least.  biggrin 

-R
Living the American Dream

ANCFlyer

Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:56 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 6):
On my knees, teeth gritted, fingers in claw position, eyes clenched, faced upward - Arrrgghhh!!!

Well, somebody had to wave the flag, at least.

I was going to suggest RSmith go find himself a position with said company, and then seek out a Recruiter at the local Washington National Guard center (near Tacoma, adjacent to Ft. Lewis - I can give him a few names for references). But then I didn't want to obliterate in one fell swoop any credibility I might have with my friends there . . .  biggrin 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

L-188

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:11 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 1):
Military members no longer peel potatoes or cut grass or wash out the shitters or anything else. . . not for a long, long, long time. Don't know where you've been for the last ten to fifteen years

Actually, when I joined in the early 1990's one of the big issues that came out of the first gulf war was the fact that there weren't enough military cooks since all of the chow halls stateside had moved to contractors, and that was causing problems in Saudi during the first war.

So outsourcing the military isn't a new problem but the only answer is greatly expanding the number of active duty personel.

Quoting Rsmith6621a (Reply 3):
No you have missed the whole article.....they are recruiting them for military service....like ya know ....going to war????????........

Lets see here, people go to temp services looking for work. So why not give them another work option to consider?

Or do you not believe that people should have choices.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

ANCFlyer

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:27 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 8):
So outsourcing the military isn't a new problem but the only answer is greatly expanding the number of active duty personel.

Big Big Push in the early 1990s to downsize, downsize, downsize . . . as you recall.

In the three components of the military, Active, Reserve and Guard, there were all types of MOSs (jobs for those that don't know). Combat*, Combat Support** and Combat Service Support***.

In an effort to reduce the Active Component end strength, it was decided the majority of the CS** and CSS*** would be transferred to the reserve components. This decision was made by the Chairwarmers in the 5 Sided Funny farm, and of course endorsed by the Draft Dodger in the White House.

At that point, it was realized that if they moved the cooks, medics, dentists, mechanics, map makers, intelligence analysts, linguists,etc into the reserve components, that someone would have to fill that billet. SO, private contracting was hired. Lots of private contracting.

End results has had several impacts:

First, it APPEARS as though, as far as the Army is concerned, the budget has gone down and the end strength has reduced. Smoke and Mirrors. The amount of money being spent, inflation and pay raises notwithstanding, has gone up! It's just spent out of a different pot to pay the civilian contractors, not the actual GI!!! Oh, and by the by, a contractor costs more than a GI. By far!

Second: When we got involved in Desert Storm and now in Iraq we discovered that - Ohhh Shit - we don't have anyone to fix the broken tank, rifle, soldier because we shipped them all the reserve components, and NOW we'll have to activate half the reserve components just to make minimum manning.

Many of us "Field Soldiers" - as opposed to the Chairwarmers - knew this would happen. We warned against it, but of course, in an effort to make budget, or appear to make budget (remember my comment about Smoke and Mirrors above) it was done anyway.

Another tertiary result no one thought about. Re-training and reclassifying all those soldiers already in or going in to the reserve components that wanted to be infantry and were now told, well, you've got to be a waterboy now. That cost a lot of money as well.

Now of course - look what's happening. That process is being undone. The CS and CSS troops are being reintroduced into the Fast Attack Brigades because after a decade of bleeding the reserve components to death, someone at Sodom on the Potomac finally realized it was a collosal clusterf*&k to have done the swap in the first place.

Hindsight is still 20/20.

* Combat: Armor, Infantry, Artillery, Special Forces
** Combat Support: Mechanics, Medics, Artillery, Commo
** Combat Service Support: Cooks, Waterboys, Medics, Dentists, Intel Analysts, etc

L-188

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:40 pm

Right now on PBS there is a big thing on PBS about the contractors.

Right now they are dumping on KBR and all of the food court with Pizza Hut, Burger King and Subway franchises located in trailers in the food court. Aparently this is a bad thing, Public Broadcasting apparently thinks our guys don't need a taste of home every once in a while.

What a load of horseshit...and a contractor in my office at my new job agrees. He just got back from another contract job in the region. He had seen it earlier.

Actually when my contract at this current job is up, maybe I should look for a job in the area, he says he would go back.

ANCFlyer

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:47 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 10):
Right now they are dumping on KBR and all of the food court with Pizza Hut, Burger King and Subway franchises located in trailers in the food court. Aparently this is a bad thing, Public Broadcasting apparently thinks our guys don't need a taste of home every once in a while.

Screw 'em. More Chairwarmer  redflag .

It doesn't cost the gov't anything the have a Burger King trailer there. Who cares. Who knows, when all is settled in Iraq there'll be dozens of BKs, KFCs, Pizza Sluts and all sprouting up all over.

NWA742

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:50 pm

Quoting DeltaGuy (Reply 5):
Your mom

rotfl 

Just the kind of response to get a good chuckle. Thanks Chris  Smile

Rsmith, you are one sad pup.

Do the world a favor and

/yourself

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

L-188

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:55 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 11):
It doesn't cost the gov't anything the have a Burger King trailer there. Who cares. Who knows, when all is settled in Iraq there'll be dozens of BKs, KFCs, Pizza Sluts and all sprouting up all over.

Well then after that we got this guy bitching about the fact that the guys had the choice of four....yes four choices of ice cream flavors at the mess hall in a war zone.....

That is what I get for watching Frontline......if you ever wanted proof that PBS is left leaning, that show is the proof.

[Edited 2005-06-26 09:56:34]

Mir

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:05 pm

Quoting Rsmith6621a (Reply 3):
learn to spell BATTING

The truth of Iraq lyes within those pages.

Since we're on the subject of how to spell, I'd appreciate it if you'd look up how to spell "lies". Do you ever see "Bush lyes, who dyes?" I think not.

Yeah sure

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

srbmod

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:04 pm

I know you neo-con will write this off to creative marketing I call it preying on those who are with out.

Be careful using the word "neocon" because RJpieces might see it and will probably call you ignorant and a fool and that you aren't using the word properly and will hijack the thread!

And use the spell check feature so you look like less of an idiot. It's alright for someone not a native English speak to make multiple spelling mistakes. You're beginning to prove how bad the schools in America are. Can you even find Iraq on a map?

CaptOveur

Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:20 pm

Has spell check and basic English usage been totally lost on Rsmith?

Any credibility his argument may have had was totally lost by when he made more typing errors than the average third grader. Is this he representing the average left-wing nutjob?
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.