Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Countdown To Battlestar Galactica!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:34 pm

Battlestar Galactica Season 2 starts in the States on Friday, 15 July.

We will get 13 episodes here, then take a break and get 13 more after the Holiday Season.

So where did we leave off . . .

Commander Adama has a bleeding problem . . .
Captain Adama is heading to the pokey . . .
The President is under arrest . . .
Boomer (Galactica) is in a LOT of trouble . . .
Boomer (Caprica) is knocked up . . .
Starbuck is ready to explode . . .
Helo is going to be a Papa. . .
The Vice President is a terrorist . . .
The XO's wife is a slut and a terrorist sympathizer . . .
The XO is going to be in charge for a while . . .

Holy Smokes!!!   

What a way to start a season!!!!

[Edited 2005-07-01 14:35:30]

[Edited 2005-07-01 14:36:15]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Banco

RE: Countdown To Battlestar Galactica!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:41 pm

And this time you in the US get to see it before we do - at least initially.

For the first series we got it in the UK first because Sky One had put up a load of the money. This time we start later but carry on through, so we'll catch you up around Christmas and move past you.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Thread starter):
Commander Adama has a bleeding problem . . .

We know Edward James Olmos has returned so he's going to survive. But the producers have already said he's going to be "incapacitated" for some time. No miracle recoveries and back to work the next episode in this show!

Captain Adama is heading to the pokey . . .

Indeed. And by all accounts they are having great fun with this storyline.

The President is under arrest . . .

Ditto

Boomer (Galactica) is in a LOT of trouble . . .
Boomer (Caprica) is knocked up . . .

Starbuck has seen her and knows. Hmm. Interesting.

Couple of other things. Rumour has it that a couple of "established" characters are going to be killed off, and also that there's going to be some kind of Kent State University equivalent incident.

Still pulling no punches it seems.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

gkirk

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:45 pm

You sad  grumpy  old  geeks  Wink
 duck 
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

SATL382G

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:50 pm

Dr. Baltar, the vice president, a terrorist? Not yet anyway.

He is however marooned, for the moment, on Kobol with Callie, Chief, Six, and a somewhat moronic Lt. Presumably they are awaiting Starbucks arrival with the Arrow of Apollo.
"There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being shot at and missed" --Winston Churchill

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:50 pm

I saw a couple of previews . . .

CAUTION: SPOILER!!

1) Colonel Tigh declares Marshal Law and takes command of the fleet. Now that oughta be a hoot.

Wonder when he's going to wake up and realize his old lady is a skank and probably bumpin' uglies with the a terrorist . . . Zarak . . . who is using that dumb bitch for all she's worth . . . .

2) Starbuck is still trying to take out Boomer (Caprica). I millisecond shot shows her lunging for Helo's weapon again . . .

I would not want to Starbuck right now . . . now Boomer (Caprica) has a hard call to make. What to do about Starbuck? Obviously they have to get off the planet now. Obviously Boomer (Caprica) has not endeared herself (itself, are the him, her or it??) to her compadres . . . but she is pregnant, which I'm guessing was the target. So, now what?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:53 pm

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 3):
He is however marooned, for the moment, on Kobol with Callie, Chief, Six, and a somewhat moronic Lt. Presumably they are awaiting Starbucks arrival with the Arrow of Apollo.

Dang, forgot them in the Thread Opener . . .

Yup, if ever the Chief needs to be training a Lieutenant it is NOW!

Now, as for the rumor about who could go, who would be least likely to miss if they were killed off???

How about the President little Butt Wiper? Zarak? Wouldn't miss either of those two.

SATL382G

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:56 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 1):
Starbuck has seen her and knows. Hmm. Interesting.

Well I think everyone knows now that Boomer has ... a problem. Even Racetrack, who seems to be more than a little dense, probably saw all those apparel lacking Boomers in the Cylon docking bay. I mean how could she miss them, manning the sensors as she was?

Now the question is who is or what happened to the REAL Boomer.....
"There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being shot at and missed" --Winston Churchill

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:02 pm

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 6):
Now the question is who is or what happened to the REAL Boomer.....

Real Boomer (and other humans) Theory 101:

Helo nailed it in the first season, and I can't remember the episode, but it's when he and Boomer(Caprica) were discussing where the blonde (#6) came from and why there were two of them, etc. "Sharon, do you think they're messing with Human DNA", asks Helo to Boomer?

So, my theory - likely some alien kidnappings have occured and the products of those kidnappings - 10 is my guess - were cloned, or otherwise co-mingled with Cylon Technology - in a Borg sort of way (pardon my mixing SciFi fantasies) to produce the 10 Cylon Human Lookalike models. . .

Remember, "There are 12 Cylon Models" and the Fighter and the Toasters account for 2. . . . that leaves 10.

To date we've seen 4?
Doral
Boomer
Guard Dog

SATL382G

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:03 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 5):
Now, as for the rumor about who could go, who would be least likely to miss if they were killed off???

A sniveling Boxey (I bet the actor is still on contract) would be an easy mark or turn him into a Cylon....

Banco

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:05 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 4):
Colonel Tigh declares Marshal Law

Isn't Marshal Law that bloke out of CSI: Melbourne?

Or did you mean Martial Law?

(I know, it's a really, really cheap shot, but hey, you're going to get to see the new series before us, and I'm still bitter  Wink )

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 5):

Well, Boxey has apparently featured in almost every episode but has always finished on the cutting room floor, so that'd be no loss. My money's on Helo, since he wasn't initially meant to be in the series at all, and when they all meet up his story arc is about finished.

One other totally unsubstantiated rumour: They meet up with another Colonial warship, though maybe not another Battlestar. Echoes of the original there.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:09 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 9):
One other totally unsubstantiated rumour: They meet up with another Colonial warship, though maybe not another Battlestar. Echoes of the original there.

Pegasus and Commander Caine . . . . .

Quoting Banco (Reply 9):
Or did you mean Martial Law?

Embarrassment

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 8):
A sniveling Boxey (I bet the actor is still on contract) would be an easy mark or turn him into a Cylon....

Ahaaaa! Test my theory in reply #7 . . . problem is, he's always hanging out with Boomer(Galactica) and she's got some serious legal issues to deal with now . . .and I'll bet there's no bail for her . . .  tongue 

Banco

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:36 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 10):

Maybe. But on the other hand, maybe not. They seem to have gone out of their way to create a fleet that has more than just the aircraft carrier/battleship kind of thing as evidenced by the Battlestars. They may well look to introduce frigates, destroyers, corvettes, MTB's.... (OK, I'm being a bit silly there  Wink ).

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:41 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 11):

Maybe. But on the other hand, maybe not.

I was having a flashback, not a prediction of the future . . .

Another Battlestar would be cool . . . but unlikely I think. Perhaps someone that might be senior to Cdr. Adama just to make it interesting . . .

But wait! No cute little Blonde Socialator turned Nurse's aide for someone to mess with?!?! Whatever shall we do!?  silly 

Banco

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:48 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 12):
No cute little Blonde Socialator turned Nurse's aide for someone to mess with

No, don't be silly. It wouldn't work any more now Starbuck's a woman. Oh, hang on a minute....  scratchchin 

L-188

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:41 pm

I only have seen part of the new series.....it isn't the original series.

Actually the one thing that I do remember of it is that Adama was talking on the phone/radio/comm with I presume the president. And the only thing that I, the ex-signal corps, wire jocky could focus on was the fact that he was using a T/A-1 phone.

which I used to wire into networks with T/A-312 phones and SB-22 switchboards, which where old manually switched ones (with the plug jacks). All of this modern technology on a spaceship and the phone prop is a manually switched phone!
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Springbok747

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:42 pm

Oh wow...can't wait for it. I guess we'll get it a few months after you...damn, more waiting  Sad
אני תומך בישראל

SATL382G

Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:11 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 14):
which I used to wire into networks with T/A-312 phones and SB-22 switchboards, which where old manually switched ones (with the plug jacks). All of this modern technology on a spaceship and the phone prop is a manually switched phone!

Actually this might, at a stretch, be intentional. Adama has a phobia where modern technology is concerned -- modern technology led to the rise of the Cylons.

Springbok747

Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:31 am

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 16):
Actually this might, at a stretch, be intentional. Adama has a phobia where modern technology is concerned -- modern technology led to the rise of the Cylons.

Yeah, Adama is paranoid about modern technology. That's why the computers aboard the Galactica are not networked, because he thinks that the Cylons can easily disable the whole ship if they were networked with a computer virus or something.

Can't wait for season 2....just saw a preview today....

CAUTION - SPOILERS AHEAD!!

-Colonel Tigh commands the Fleet while Adama is incapacitated, instituting martial law.

-Starbuck and Helo discover a Colonial resistance movement on Caprica.

-Starbuck and Helo return to the Galactica from Caprica; Helo becomes ostracized due to his relationship with Sharon Valerii.

-The Fleet divide into two factions: one which supports Adama, and one which supports Roslin/Zarek.

-Roslin is apparently re-recognized as President, the two fleets merge again.

-The Fleet encounters another battlestar that survived the attack, the Pegasus, which is commanded by Admiral Nelena Cain, a female.
אני תומך בישראל

Springbok747

Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:41 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 7):
Remember, "There are 12 Cylon Models" and the Fighter and the Toasters account for 2. . . . that leaves 10.

To date we've seen 4?
Doral
Boomer
Guard Dog

Apparently, there's another one - Gina.

Gina is a Humano-Cylon who was "rescued" by the Pegasus, claiming to be a survivng civilian dock worker. After befriending the crew, she betrayed them to the Cylons, whom summarily boarded the Pegasus and terminated 800 of her crew.

Gina was apparently captured and arrested, only to be turned over to Gaius Baltar who examined her. (Pegasus).

From http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/n...6/galacticadiscoverssistersh.shtml
אני תומך בישראל

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:13 am

Excellent info Springbok . . . haven't seen those previews here . . .

Ha, wishful thinking on my part earlier . . . Pegasus and Cain . . .

Quoting Banco (Reply 9):

What'd'ya know!  wink 

Gonna be another great season. Any idea what is going to happen with Boomer(Capcrica) . . . does she come back to Galactica with Helo and Starbuck? Does she have a baby cylo-human?

Springbok747

Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:09 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 19):
Any idea what is going to happen with Boomer(Capcrica) . . . does she come back to Galactica with Helo and Starbuck? Does she have a baby cylo-human?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see ANCFlyer Big grin

There was no mention of Bommer having a baby etc...but I'm sure it'll be another exciting season...can't wait for it.

BTW...is season 1 already available on DVD? It's only coming out in August here  Sad
אני תומך בישראל

SATL382G

Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:36 am

BTW:

There's a video blog available from Eick

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/bts/videoblog/

SATL382G

Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:28 am

Some logistics matters I thought we should work out and keep track of....

Callsigns.. Who has them, who doesn't, and what are they.... feel free to correct me. I'm sure I got some wrong and I probably missed someone.

Name...................Callsign
Cmdr Adama..........Actual (Imdb says name is William "Husker" Adama)
Col Saul Tigh.........???
Capt Lee Adama.....Apollo
Kara Thrace...........Starbuck
Sharon Valerrii........Boomer
Lt Gaeta................??? (Might not be a pilot)
???.......................Racetrack
Lt Karl Agathon.......Helo
???.......................Crashdown
Brendan Constanza..Hotdog

Afterthought... What do the callsigns mean? I thought I heard that "Boomer" refers to an accident on the mining colony Sharon grew up on. I haven't heard a good explanation of "Apollo", but isn't Apollo the son of Zeus in mythology? The son of the boss in other words.... Didn't Starbuck give HotDog his name for hot landings while in training???

Nuclear Warheads...

When Baltar asks for a warhead for the Cylon detector Adama states that there are 5 aboard the ship. Baltar uses one + Boomer detonates one on the basestar. Leaves the Big G with 3 aboard..... maybe they can rob the cylon detector later if they need one......

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:23 am

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 22):
Didn't Starbuck give HotDog his name for hot landings while in training???

Actually he got the nickname before he flew a Viper - in the inbriefing when they showed up for training.

The explanation for Apollo's callsign came in the 4th Episode - Bastille Day - from last season given by Tom Zarak on the prison ship . . . and it matches yours.

As for the Commander, his Pilot callsign is Husker. Where that comes from I don't know, but you can see it painted, very clearly, on the cockpit of the Viper he used to fly - the one that restored for by Chief Tyrol and the deck gang and shown in the very beginning of the Mini-Series. "Actual" is the suffix given to him as Commander of Galactica. Since concievably anyone calling from Galactica's bridge would be referred to as "Galactica calling", this distinguishes the call as "actually" coming from Commander Adama.

I don't think I ever heard how Boomer got hers . . . I can guess  tongue , or hope  tongue .

As for the nukes - I remember hearding Baltar ask for one - and Adama agreeing to give one, but don't know if it got used or what? Either way your count appears to be correct . . . three remaining.

Lastly, SciFi network has been replaying all the episodes all day long . . . at least in Alaska  biggrin 

SATL382G

Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:47 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 23):
"Actual" is the suffix given to him as Commander of Galactica.

Sort of like the way "6" gets used to designate the boss i.e. "Thunderbolt 6", "Savoy 6", eh. You don't suppose "6" means the same to the Cylons? Nah couldn't be......

Lastly, SciFi network has been replaying all the episodes all day long . . . at least in Alaska

Hence the reason my brain has been engaged in mundane issues like how many nukes Galactica has...  Smile

Springbok747

Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:11 am

Lastly, SciFi network has been replaying all the episodes all day long . . . at least in Alaska

Oh you lucky people....I can't wait for the DVDs to come out Big grin

Callsigns..is this list correct? Feel free to correct me if it's not.

Name: Callsign

Lee Adama: Apollo
Kara Thrace: Starbuck
Galen Tyrol: Chief
Sharon Valerii: Boomer
William Adama: Husker
Karl Agathon: Helo
?? :T-Bone
?? :Winger
?? :Wedge

Nukes...so there are 3 aboard the Galactica now? Didn't Number Six use the one Baltar got? What happened to that nuke anyway?
אני תומך בישראל

SATL382G

Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:51 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 25):
?? :Wedge

Wasn't that one of Lukes T-16 piloting buddies from Tatooine? No mixing SciFi Fantasies now....  Smile

L-188

Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:46 am

Hey do they still use made up swear words like, "FRACK!!!"
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

SATL382G

Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:53 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 27):
FRACK!!!"

Is still around but some of the other made up words, like "Centon", are history.... I think I've heard "FelderGarp" used as an expletive in the new series, I think it means BS

Springbok747

Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:58 pm

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 26):
Wasn't that one of Lukes T-16 piloting buddies from Tatooine? No mixing SciFi Fantasies now....

Um..I thought that was the callsign for a Viper pilot onboard the Galactica. (episode 33) ? I may be mistaken though..lol!
אני תומך בישראל

Banco

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:25 pm

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 28):
Is still around but some of the other made up words, like "Centon", are history.... I think I've heard "FelderGarp" used as an expletive in the new series, I think it means BS

Yes. From what I read about it, they intended to dump most of the made up words, but when you clearly have a way of swearing without swearing - you're going to keep it. Everyone knows what they're really saying, but no-one can touch them for it. Father Ted (to change genres more than slightly) did the same thing.

JGPH1A

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:54 pm

This thread finally reveals the one thing in the universe sadder than a Star Trek convention. A Battlestar Galactica convention  Smile

Banco =

Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

SATL382G

Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:19 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 31):
This thread finally reveals the one thing in the universe sadder than a Star Trek convention. A Battlestar Galactica convention

Nobody here takes this seriously, it's a TV show and we know it. But we're going to have a spot of fun with it.

You should read some of the other threads here in non-av. All kinds of people trying to solve their sexual, social, political, financial, and "My parents are unfair to me" problems on, of all things, an aviation photography website!!. Better yet go read all the wannabe pilot, wannabe engineer, and wannabe FA threads in civ-av.  Smile

You have left me a classic opening for: Pot - Kettle - Black

JGPH1A

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:04 pm

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 32):
You should read some of the other threads here in non-av.

Oh I do. It makes one despair for the future of humanity ! Actually, I think the internet is natures way of keeping under-achievers distracted so that they don't fall into the gene-pool by mistake  Smile

My post was purely aimed at Banco, who even in such a light-weight thread as this, demostrates repeatedly his metaphorical pointy ears  Smile
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:20 pm

It's Friday in Alaska - albeit 0018am on Friday . . .

Tonight's the night - premier, Season 2, Battlestar Galactica . . . should hit the Sci-Fi channel here at work about 1700 (we get the east coast feed here)!

Are you ready!?!?!?!

I won't post any spoilers without appropriate warning so our UK friends don't have me hunted down and killed  biggrin 

Banco

Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:23 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 34):
so our UK friends don't have me hunted down and killed

Bugger. And there was me looking for an excuse....

SATL382G

Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:35 am

Ok! Second season starts tonight!

Who shot Adama?!?

er, ahhh oops, we already know that one.. try again..

Who's in charge?

Uhh sh!t! we already know that one toooo... Let's see... I know!!

Who's baby is Boomer Caprica carrying?

Well damn, no secret there either. I'm striking out here...

Are there any unresolved cliffhangers from season 1?

UALPHLCS

Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:09 pm

So Far so good a very entertaining if baffling new eposide for BSG.

No new answers only more questions.

Picking up right were last season left off, the action was non-stop. I don't want to give away anny spoilers for those fans outside of the US so I won't give details.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

MxCtrlr

Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:07 pm

I thought it was perfect for an on-going storyline like BSG - tell us part of the story but leave enough questions to keep you coming back for more. Good show and a good episode.

SG Atlantis was also pretty good as was SG-1.

MxCtrlr  bouncy 
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:48 pm

Pretty Damn Good . . .

alert  alert SPOILER ALERT !  alert  alert 

thumbsup 

I think Starbuck let Helo screw her over . . . Boomer(Caprica) has hauled ass with their Cylon Raider . . . bad move. I'd have shot Boomer's(Caprica) ass . . . no questions . . . enemy is enemy is enemy . . .  duck 

And now there is a shit storm on Kobol with that damn baby Lieutenant . . . never give a lieutenant a map or command . . . especially if there's a perfectly capable NCO around . . . and that NCO should have stayed with his command and sent someone else off with the team to recover the medical kit . . . IMHO . . .

I liked the flashbacks Tigh had to when he and Commander Adama were young.

I'm beginning to think Captain Adama is a puss. Pretty boy fly boy whose brain is hosed. Loyalties are fucked. Common sense is MIA. Sense of duty is AWOL.

Calley is turning out to be pretty awesome . . .

Did I miss this in he first season:

The method by which the Cylon Raiders are carried on the Base Stars . . . . apparently they simply dock into slots on the hull of the Base Star? Sort of like a Borg recharging. I truly didn't notice that until now.

Another new Cylon Ship . . . rather like a Cylon Fast Frigate . . . pretty cool whatever that thing was that crashed in to the landing bay . . . and the ship was boarded . . well, who the hell didn't bother to check out the crashed ship? Bad call.

Easy to Armchair General their moves from here . . . but at least it lends itself to anticipating the next episode  biggrin .

SATL382G

Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:40 am

Ok gang, it's friday, we need to get some activity going on this thread...

Will Tigh declare martial law tonight?

I'm looking forward to the Chrome Toasters having something useful to do. Maybe we'll learn something about their functions in life tonight.

regards

SATL382G

Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:59 am

So am I the only one that watched/taped the show last night?

On the off chance that that's true I won't go into details....

I'd like to point out though that our characters are heading for some "trust" issues... How can Starbuck be sure of Helo? As far as she knows he's survived on Caprica with a bunch of Cylons when he shouldn't have survived -- he even made a baby with one. How can Helo be sure of Starbuck, I mean she showed up in a Cylon Raider afterall. If Caprica Boomer some how shows up back at the fleet can she pass herself off as the REAL Boomer? Will the fleet trust Galactica again now that the Cylons have boarded?

edit: Almost forgot what's the deal with the ambush on Chief, Calley, and the dead guy? Why did the attackers conceal themselves? If it was Cylon Centurions I'd suspect they'd just stand up and blast away, all our guys had was a rifle......

[Edited 2005-07-23 22:05:45]

searpqx

Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:24 am

I have to admit, I was fairly disappointed with last night's episode. It didn't really answer anything, or move the story further along, or even provide new puzzles, it just sort of seemed to plod along. It didn't feel like a stand alone episode, but it didn't do much for the storyline either. I realize not every episode can be a blockbuster, but overall it just lacked energy and direction. As my partner put it, "It just feels limp".

Duane
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

SATL382G

Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:36 am

Quoting Searpqx (Reply 42):
or even provide new puzzles

Well there was the moment with Adama drowning the infant... speaking of which, was Baltar dreaming or in another cylon induced menagerie? And then of course he wakes up and there is Six....  Smile

... and is the babe really Baltars & Sixes or Helos & Boomers? Inquiring minds want to know.....

searpqx

Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:43 am

Yeah, I did like that part, the dream within a dream. My take is that she is trying to turn him so she can use him to take action directly against Adama & humans, vs. the passive manipulation of his fears (and sex drive) she's used so far.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:40 am

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 41):
On the off chance that that's true I won't go into details....

Details damnit- I want details!  wink 

I was entertaining KROC - actually we were consuming mass quantities of brewed hops and barley at various establishments throughout greater Anchorage  biggrin  . . . I completely forget to tape it and watch it.

SATL382G

Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:32 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 45):
Details damnit- I want details!

Alright Alright...  Smile

Cylon Boarding Party: The Centurions headed for the Aft Damage Control station with the intention (according to Tigh) of depressurizing the ship and then using Galacticas guns on the fleet. Along the way they depressurize sections of the ship to slow up the pursuit. Cpl manning the brig releases Laura due to sounds of gunfire. After landing back aboard Apollo & pilots run into the Centurions and find out the hard way that their ammo is ineffective (worked ok for Helo on Caprica though) -- Apollo is saved at the last minute by a Marine firing an explosive round, his last round of that type. Apollo takes command of Marine fire team, sends Laura, Cpl, and Billy (?? Lauras aide) to safety in sickbay, and gives Billy a side arm. Apollo & Marines head for small arms locker to get more explosive rounds, find other teams have already been there and have left only enough explosive rounds for one each (5 I think). They manage to rig a comm line (see CIC below) to CIC and Tigh tells Apollo to secure Damage Control or they'll lose the ship. Laura, Cpl, & Billy run into several depressurized sections and have to double back past Damage Control to get to sickbay -- they run into Centurions but the Cylon don't see them. Billy takes a shot anyway and draws there attention. Apollo and Marines arrive in the nick of time and take out last two Centurions, but Marines take heavy casualties.

CIC / Ship: Apparently the firewall didn't work. A Cylon virus has disabled power, internal comm, and jammed comm with the fleet. So the whole battle with the Centurions is in dark and without coordination until Apollos team rigs the comm line. Operation on Adama is successful but he's in tough shape and needs the Doc badly.

Kobol: Callie and Chief join up with the rest of survivors too late to save the dying guy. Medic suggests the best thing to do is put dying guy out of his misery with a "Morpha" (?) OD. Lt delegates the decision to Chief. Chief tells dying guy a rescue Raptor has just landed to take them to Galactica and thens gives him the OD. Baltar has a dream about Adama and the infant. Adama asks baltar something to the effect of "Is this what the future holds?". Baltar says yes and then Adama says something like "then I know what must be done". Adama takes child to pond and drowns child. Baltar splashes uselessly in pond looking for infant and then wakes up. Of course Six is right there when he wakes. Baltar tells her dream and asks her why Adama would do that. Six says the answer is all around and points to numerous human skulls and bones in the vicinity.

Caprica: Helo and Starbuck decide there best bet is to recon an airbase and try to find a Raptor. Starbuck wants to make a pit stop on the way and they head for her apartment. At the apartment we find out somethings about Starbuck: She didn't pay her electric bills, her father was a musician, she likes to paint, Oh and she has a fresh stash of cigars there but, to Helos disappointment, no groceries. When they leave they take Starbucks ride -- A HMMWV, yes a HMMWV, not a Hummer.

Boomer, sadly, is not in the ep at all. If I left something out or got it wrong feel free to comment.

regards

searpqx

Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:23 am

Nope, you pretty much got it all. Only thing I add was the closing scene. Pres, Billy, Apollo Tigh and various military types are standing in sickbay looking at Adama. Pres looks at Tigh and says I assume I still have a cell waiting for me, which he says she does, she says ok and walks off with the Cpl. Tigh looks at the blood covered Apollo and makes the comment that he sided with her (Pres) and went up against Adama, and he doesn't deserve to wear "that uniform". Apollo says something along the lines of, "maybe I don't, maybe I never did, but then, neither do you. This isn't your ship, it's his (Adama's), and when he wakes up he'll decided what to do with both of us". Queue overly dramatic piano music, Apollo walks out and Tigh pulls up a chair and sits down next to Adama. Then the previews, where they show the clip w/ Tigh declaring martial law.

Like I said earlier, with the exception of the Baltar's dream w/in a dream sequence, the episode felt more like filler than anything else. The final (above) scene was the clincher. It seemed liked they suddenly realized the episode didn't go anywhere so they needed to create suspense, and instead just provided a corny overacted moment.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:35 am

Thanks! Sorry I missed it . . . wil probably be on again in the fall when re-runs start . . . that's cool . . . put some pieces together for me and I'll know why things why they are next Friday - KROC be damned, I'm not missing it next week.  Smile  wink 

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:22 pm

FYI, for those that missed Episode 2, Season 2, will air again Monday, 7/25 on SciFi at 10pm Alaska Time  biggrin 

No distractions this time . . .