Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Espion007
Topic Author

How Did The London Attacks Effect You?

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:36 am

Even though I was in DC at the time it did effect me directly. At L'efant plaza metro station next to downtown DC there was an armada of news vans and police. Inside the station, the boards that showed train arrivals had security warnings scrolling on them. Quite scary at the time but I safetly made it up to Bethesda.
Snakes on a Plane!

planespotting

RE: How Did The London Attacks Effect You?

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:42 am

i thought to myself

"here is another reason for people to 'report any suspicious activity to the authorities immediately' "
Do you like movies about gladiators?

Klaus

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:46 am

I don´t have friends or family in London right now - except our a.net friends. I hope they are all safe.

A332

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:47 am

I was neither surprised nor shocked... and that simply scares the hell out of me.. that our world is so f*cked up that even horrific terrorists attacks no longer bother me any longer.

The future looks pretty bleak... *sigh*
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

mrniji

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:53 am

I just feel damn bad and worn.. I lived EXACTLY in that area and studied EXACTLY in that are... and friends are still EXACTLY there..

I left work early to access by British SIM at home and tried to call allover, emailed etc.. so far only positive responses (two of my friends were 50 m from teh bus explosion and took a train from Liverpool St., respectively), no one injured. Still waiting eagerly from the other ones

On the other side, knowing the "Brits" a little, I am 100 % confident that the reaction from the Civil Society won't be overreacted but considerate. Britain is the home of many different communities and has comparatively done a very good job (learned the history)! the civil society is simply amazing. As people will be aware: two bombs have exploded in areas which are mainly associated with Islam: Edgware Road and close to Brick Lane. This is a sign that any association of these attacks with a group per se would be wrong. I am very amazed how quickly things calmed down, so my friends. All this somehow gives me the confidence that Britain won't overreact but rather attempt tp target these individual terrorists the approproate way and make sure that minority groups won't suffer from the actions of some terrorists

To end this: I am quite emotional and quiet (but restless and shocked) today: everyone with a heart will feel sad and think: "hey, this ought not to happen anymore! And lets make sure we get along and fight these terrorists collectively, without undertaking actions that we will regret later". I hope Tony Blair remains calm. The majority of people in Britain will.

Still, I am looking forward to my upcoming trip to London in 10 days! the city is simply amazing, and people soooo nice!
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

flyAUA

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:58 am

I have friends and family in London, so apart from the initial heart-attack at work today, it has "only" caused me sadness and worry. I am sure that is much less than what it has caused others at the scene  Sad
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

jamesbuk

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:03 am

it didnt affect me apart from the fact that tomorrow i was going to go to a Queen concert at hyde park in which the bombings couldve happened then and the fact that today a load of my mates were going on a school trip up there and couldve got caught near the bus that exploded

i am quite scared/amazed by this as i had just gotten in to the im safe and nothings going to hurt me mode and all this came as quite a shock that our country, our soil, our friends can be killed by imbesiles who believe they way of life is the right one nd everyone must follow it or death
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

ArmitageShanks

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:09 am

I have a lot of family there, so I called them up to see if they were ok.

TWFirst

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:10 am

It didn't "effect" me at all. It did, however, affect me in a negative way.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

S12PPL

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:13 am

No affect on my personally. It saddens me that this event took place, and my thoughts go out to the dead and injured, and they're families. This is yet another disgraceful act committed by cowards. These people have no concience. They have no feelings. Anyone who thinks murder justifies getting your point accross is insane, and is missing the point of the teachings of the book they hold so dear. The people responsible for planning these acts are desperate little men, who are affraid of something bigger than themselves. They think they're God wants them to murder for religious freedom, when in reality I know of no way any God would want you to murder to get that point accross.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

Lutenist

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:14 am

My reaction is one of disgust towards the savages who would perpetrate such an act and towards anyone--and considering some of the arguments put forth in the wake of 9/11 there are unfortunately quite a few of them out there--who would attempt to justify such barbarity. Only a fool would argue that Britain has had something like this coming to it.

I also worry that this could have a negative impact on personal freedom in the UK. I hope there's no unreasonable curtailing of civil liberties, lest a victory be handed to the terrorists.

BMIFlyer

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:30 am

I have many friends in London.

Most of them are ok, still waiting for 3 others to reply to my txts  Sad

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

BR715-A1-30

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:54 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 4):
I hope Tony Blair remains calm. The majority of people in Britain will.

Let's hope he doesn't go to war with Australia for having Kangaroos of Mass Destruction... Surprised GWB hasn't

I do hope our brit friends are Ok.
Puhdiddle

Capital146

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:57 am

Emotionally, I am affected of course, though not in a physical sense thankfully.

I know British767 has had travel plans affected. He was due to be flying into Heathrow from MAN today and then needed to catch the underground as part of his journey home. Due to public transport in London needing to be shut down he is staying in Manchester again today and will try to get home again tomorrow.

Today has been a terrible day, but British people are tough as old boots and this will bring people together and make us even stronger.
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

BAViscount

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:58 am

Well, being a Londoner who lives and works in London, I was sickened by today on so many levels.

Firstly I'm deeply saddened for those directly affected and involved in these events. Those people left their homes this morning thinking that they would be heading to their places of work, or wherever they were going, and would go about their daily lives in a way that they had probably done thousands of times before. They boarded those tube trains or that ill-fated bus without giving it a second thought, little knowing that their journey would be their last, or would leave them deeply physically or mentally scarred - or both. Then there are the families and friends of those people who will have to deal with the death of a loved one, or will have to help survivors through the aftermath. And those who witnessed the explosion on that bus - they'll live with that memory forever.

Then there were those of us who weren't directly involved, but spent our day wondering what would be next and how far those b*stards would go. Wondering who we might know that was involved, and who or what might be next. Those of us who spent the day trying to let people know we were OK, making and receiving phonecalls and sending and receiving e-mails from all around the world from concerned friends and loved ones who wanted to know that we had made it safely to our destinations this morning. And then wondering whether we would be able to get home safely this evening, or whether we faced a night of sleeping under our desks. And trying to console those who have never lived through anything like this before, who hadn't been around when we faced attacks from the IRA and who spent their days wishing that they had never left the safety of their home towns and countries many miles away, and who were receiving messages from home offering to pay their fare home on the next available flight.

I was lucky, I made it safely to work this morning, and safely and easily home again this evening. And I am lucky enough to not know anyone who was directly involved, although I do have a friend who left Kings Cross probably moments before the explosion there.

Others weren't so lucky.

But who knows what tomorrow will bring. Who knows where this will all end?

There may be those who have watched the events on TV today thinking that we got off lightly compared to what happened in NYC and elsewhere on 9/11. It's true that there weren't as many deaths here as on that horrible day, but regardless of the numbers, there were deaths...and that's totally and utterly unacceptable.
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barbados

scbriml

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:00 am

I came within an ace of travelling to London today, but decided to work from home instead. Following yesterday's euphoric high, today has left me totally drained.  mad 
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

[email protected]

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:52 am

What happened today was appalling, it makes you wonder why such things happen, it makes you a bit apprehensive about using the London underground and buses. I use the Underground often (Piccadilly line) and every time i step on a tube train or a bus, i'm always thinking what if a bomb goes off, i always brace myself psychologically for the worst. Before it was the IRA, now Al Qaeda. I just hope these attacks don't put off tourists from visiting because London IS a safe place for a holiday, terrorist attacks are rare, and hopefully the worst is over for London.
In Arsene we trust!!

GDB

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:57 am

Not directly, everyone I know who works there is OK (one overslept so never started out on his bus journey to Central London).

I was to go to a gig in Islington, not far from where some of the bombs went off tonight, got an e-mail saying it's been moved to next week.
I still intend to go to one at Somerset House, on The Strand, tomorrow.

Shamrock_747

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:59 am

I would have been in my regular place of work in Central London today, but through a very fortunate coincidence I working at LHR for the day instead.

Once it became clear it wasn't just a power surge on the tube and there was an organised terrorist attack on London I became extremely concerned and worried - nobody knew where the next bomb could be. Much to my relief LHR was not attacked and none of my friends, relatives or colleagues were caught up in the awful events.

Of course, my deepest sympathies are with those who were caught up in the attacks and their families.

I still believe without a doubt that London is the greatest place in the world, and it will stay that way. The authorities are doing a superb job and I think the speeches given by the PM and Mayor could not have been any better. Everyone has pulled together - we are not defeated and we will recover.

ly7e7

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:59 am

I have a friend living in London and he is OK.

regarding a.netters: EDKA - r u OK?
2 things are endless: ignorance and space

PlymSpotter

Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:59 am

Very sadened by todays events, I rode the tube from Padington to Liverpool Street last week, something which caught my eye was how clean it was and how safe I felt despite being on my own and past ten at night. In a couple of hours time I am due to catch a coach up to LHR for the CGN B747-100 meet up, I know there have been knock on delays across Britain so not sure how I'll fare.

Dan
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Klaus

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:03 am

EDKA has posted after the attacks: https://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/870824/6/

It seems he´s alright. I had looked for Banco the same way (profile - last posts). I hope nobody we know will remain missing. Sad

aloges

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:09 am

I'm glad they didn't affect my personally, just like the 9/11 attacks or the bombings in Madrid. However, I am of course saddened by the loss of life, perplexed by how much hatred some people have and want the culprits to be caught, sentenced and punished.

That said, I sometimes get a little uncomfortable when looking at the grades and barriers the US Army put up around its installations after 9/11, to prevent incidents I don't even want to think about from happening.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Lucky727

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:22 am

Called my Grandma as soon as I heard - she lives within 100m of both Edgware Rd. tube stations, and does her shopping at the M&S next to the station on the Circle Line...fortunately, she did her shopping yesterday (thank god...)

Working in the news, it's been the only story running all day, and about 90% of tonight's show. I'm currently trying to put together a year of working at the BBC, and today's events don't change my plans at all - I want to go more than ever, which feels surprising and strange at the same time.

Rgds,
Kevin
··· [·] oooooooo [·] oooo oo ooooo [·] ooooooooooooooooooo [·]

qantas744

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:25 am

It affected me quite a bit because I work for a London Rail Company. Shortly after arrival at work at 1pm I got a pager message requiring the immediate removal of all litter bins from every station so that was one of the first things I did, this was followed by a requirement to make an hourly security sweep of the whole station. Other than that I spent the afternoon trying to answer all the questions about whether we were running trains and what is going to happen tomorrow etc. I actually found myself in the odd position of encouraging people not to travel-despite the government, the police, and the train companies telling people not to go into London some people still felt that their shopping trip/party invitations etc were sufficiently essential that they had to travel today.

Then I had the unpleasant task of dealing with a suspicious package-obviously the police etc were fully stretched elsewhere so I had no choice but to deal with it myself which was a particualrly worriyng event, but it turned out to be just a bag of garbage.

The highlight of the day was probably the complete twat who walked in to the ticket office and had the nerve to complain about how long it had taken him to get across London Angry.

Matt
you can't buy time but you can sell your soul and the closest thing to heaven is to rock'n'roll

VS747SPUR

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:35 am

I don't live a million miles away from what happened today, I didn't realise how much emotionally it would hit me. A truely terrible event, r.i.p to all who lost their lives, and fingers crossed for those injured.

I just hope the true evil that caused this are dealt with

VS747SPUR
Fly DL

Msl747

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:59 am

Most of my family lives around London. I still have not heard from some family in the area. My cousins wife's sister was working only blocks from one of the explosions. I really hope all my loved ones are OK worried 

-Msl747
Commercial Pilot Certificate: Single and Multi-Engine Land; Instrument Airplane

flyboy36y

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:06 am

I was at MAD when it happened on an IB MAD-TLV (via BCN) flight. I did not fing out 'till I got to TLV, but I will be on BA flying TLV to LHR next week, and I was hoping to come to a city euphoric over the gaining of the olympics, not mourning the senseless loss of life.

My sympathy is with London (and Paris, since they seem to act as if losing the games is worse a crime than any terrorist act)

pilot kaz

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:15 am

All I could think and feel is this:

I'm 25 miles away from his horror and there is nothing I can do to help, Are my friends in London ok?

Very tense few hours for me  Sad
-

LifelinerOne

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:16 am

Well, I had a very stressfull day today.

My girlfriend currently works for the social services as a social worker in London and when the news came to me at my work I immediatly tried her cellphone. However, the network was overloaded, so I couldn't get true. After that I called her office and their was said that she was under way to a school near Liverpool Street Station and that they were trying to locate her. This was at 9.25 London time.

At 10.30 I finally got trough on her mobile and she was indeed at Liverpool during the first explosion and was helping police to aid the victims coming out of the train. So, I told her I was glad she was okay and she hung up to continue to help.

I've just ended a long phone-call with her, she's stressed-out, because she realises it was a close-call today but she also saw a lot of wounded and scared people.

Terrorism is always something that you think will not hit you, however, we received our wake-up call today!

I hereby want to express my sorry for the loss of loved ones, but I hope that we will continue life as soon as possible and with that, not letting the terrorists win!

Cheers!  wave 
Only Those Who Sleep Don't Make Mistakes

Nimish

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 am

I was on the picaddily line this morning and got off at Kings cross an hour before the blasts. My thoughts are with those hurt/killed in the blasts.

I was amazed at the responses from the Brits I met today (and I met quite a few as I spent my day near Cambridge conducting a training session). Basically no angry frothing at the mouths, just the standard response - we will not react in any way that will make these bastards believe they've won. That and the fact that they've been bombed so many times in the past (going back to the IRA and the wars), that the brits are quite capable of handling these terrorists.

What way does this impact me - one, I've cancelled my meeting in the city tomorrow (had one at 10 at liverpool street), but besides that, not much else. I felt much more impacted/shaken at 9/11, even though I'd worked in that area a good year before the blasts there. It might be just the sheer scale of that attack vs. this one. Or it might be the fact that I watched 9/11 on TV, but I was conducting a training session all day today, and have not yet bothered to switch on the TV (been browsing UK news sites, but that's not the same thing).
Incredible India!

LoungeLover

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:37 am

Well I was directly affected by this today. One of the stations where one of the bombs blew up is Edgware Road. That is where I get off of the Circle Line every morning and back every evening when I go to work.

I was in the tube just two trains behind the one that blew up. Had I gotten up just ten minutes earlier I would have catched exactly the wrong one and god knows what could've happened to me.

My train just stopped in total darkness and we were told it was a power failure (which is common on the London underground). We stayed in the dark for 1h30 before they turned out an emergency light and still were just told that it was a power failure. After 2hours we were told that we would proceed to an emergency evacuation via the front. This took about an hour, as they were getting us off through the drivers door by small groups and I was the very last person to get off as I was at the back of the train.
We didn't have a cellphone network until we got to the front. In a matter of 10seconds I received 20 text messages asking me how I was and to call immediately. Everybody around me had the same messages and we were getting worried now. One guy had a Blackberry and received a mail about explosions in London. It was panic now and we quickly pushed out of the train on to the rails in darkness. We now had to walk for 20minutes with flashlights (and a couple of rats) to the next station.
This was horrible, I got out of the station seeing hysterical people in the street screaming and crying. It was horrible. I couldn't get a call through because of the overloaded cell networks. I got to the office after a long walk through a surreal London and shutdown Edgware Road. I was the last one missing on a list of not accounted for in the office (250 people) and they were cheering when I arrived. I gave a couple of interviews to some newspapers and later that day walked home with some friends.
It is a terrible day for London but we'll pull through it!
I don't know how long it will be until I get back on the tube and I really don't think I can ever go back to Edgware Road tube station, so I'm not quite sure how I will get to work. I think tomorrow I will go buy a bike.

what a day....

gkirk

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:40 am

Very shocked at what happened. Stunned, completely stunned
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Lucky727

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:52 am

LoungeLover - so, I gather it was the Circle Line Edgware Rd. station that was bombed, and not the Bakerloo Line one...?

Have yourself a pint on me - you deserve it after a day like that.
··· [·] oooooooo [·] oooo oo ooooo [·] ooooooooooooooooooo [·]

N1120A

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:02 am

Having lived in London and currently up in Cambridge, I got quite upset when I heard my second home had been attacked. I called a bunch of friends to make sure all were ok and called my parents (by that time, it was 0530 in Los Angeles) to make sure they knew I was ok. I then went up to my room to look at news, check in with people like Gigneil, Avek00, Jkw777 and other friends and just started tearing up and crying a bit. Also, I immediately thought about my trip to NCE this weekend. I knew there is no way I would get a train tomorrow so I booked a rental car to drive to Heathrow. So here's to London, her people and her resolve. If any city can handle this and move on, it is London.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

pogo

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:21 am

I work at LHR T2 on the ramp and as Shamrock_747 said, I am glad we were not targeted, I was on lates today and I thought I had better leave a bit earlier in case of traffic, just as well as everyone was now driving into LHR, the spur road was tailed back to the M4 and T's 1,2,3 were gridlocked for a while.
We did not experience any delays of inbound or out bound flights but I do not know about how the other terminals got on?
When in doubt give it a clout

AsstChiefMark

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:30 am

Whenever there's a mass-casualty incident in London, I'm reminded of a VERY close call I had there.

It was July 26th, 1994. At 11:30 AM, my cousin and I stopped at the Pizza Hut at 2 Kensington Church Street, Kensington W8.

We bought a couple of slices each for take away and dashed over to the High Street Kensington tube station to catch the Circle Line to Victoria Station. We had to take the Gatwick Express to LGW and hop a CO 747 to IAH. A car bomb exploded at 12:10 PM behind the Israeli Embassy at 2 Palace Green, Kensington W8.

When I awoke the next morning, I switched on the TV to watch the "Today" show. Bryant Gumbel was talking about a bombing in London. The image was from of a black-and-white security camera with the words "High Street Kensington" at the bottom. You could clearly see the Pizza Hut with its windows blown out. Its checkboard tableclothes were strewn across Kensington High Street.

IIRC, the Pizza Hut is about 75 yards from the embassy. The blue circle is the embassy and the red circle is the Pizza Hut.

BBC news video

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

allstarflyer

Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:43 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 2):
I don´t have friends or family in London right now - except our a.net friends. I hope they are all safe.

Ditto. I can't remember who is all over in the city itself from Anet, but I'm sure we'll be able to find out soon if anybody was (hopefully not) one of the many unwilling participants.

How Did The London Attacks Effect You?

Not in any way directly, except that last night, at prayer meeting, and I can't remember why, but three of us were discussing the inevitabilty of another terrorist attack (but in the U.S.) someday.

-R
Living the American Dream

HAWK21M

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:03 pm

Reminded me a lot of the Bombay Bomb Blasts in 1993.The City was back on track in a few hours.The Message was clear.Terrorism would never Win.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

DeskPilot

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:09 pm

Although I'm in Australia, and all my friends in or near London checked in OK last night, I still had a sleepless night.

Whether it's New York, Madrid, London, Baghdad or any other city or country, terrorism sickens me.
By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Kieron747

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:10 pm

How did it affect me?

I had been out of the loop all day, I found out from a barmaid that there had been an attack on London.

I am currently in Quebec, (and found out at 5pm Canada - 10pm UK) and when a French guy who I know came up to me and laughed, jabbed me in the ribs and chuckled, ''Pretty warm in London today!'' I lost my temper, I called him an inconsiderate c**t and was subsequently booted out.

I have several friends who live and work in London. I hope to God they are safe, and my heart goes out to all the families of those that were lost today.

England will recover, England will be stronger.

Kieron747
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

StevenUhl777

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:17 pm

Quoting FlyAUA (Reply 5):
I have friends and family in London, so apart from the initial heart-attack at work today, it has "only" caused me sadness and worry.

Same here. I was shocked when I got in to work this morning and read about it. Disbelief, really. I DO have family who live about 15-20 miles west, in the Marlow and Frimley and Camberley area. I don't think any of them were in the vicinity, I can only hope not.

Quoting BR715-A1-30 (Reply 12):
Let's hope he doesn't go to war with Australia for having Kangaroos of Mass Destruction... Surprised GWB hasn't

Not the time or place, dude. Get a clue.
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

mrniji

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:28 pm

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 16):
Before it was the IRA, now Al Qaeda. I just hope these attacks don't put off tourists from visiting because London IS a safe place for a holiday, terrorist attacks are rare, and hopefully the worst is over for London.

So then I will most likely see you from 17 - 23 July?  Wink - no worries, Tourists will still come. I agree LON is safe!

Quoting Nimish (Reply 30):
I was amazed at the responses from the Brits I met today

I fully agree. British Civil Society is simply amazing

Quoting Kieron747 (Reply 40):
England will recover, England will be stronger.

Yes, I agree!  Wink
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

HKGKaiTak

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:00 pm

For those of us working in tourism, and especially working for a European youth tour operator, the morning was spent learning corporate responses to the situation and gathering practical information just in case our clients ask (ie how to get from Heathrow to city, and what tube lines are running).

So far today the phones have been surprisingly quiet and no panicky calls at all. There have even been a few bookings for London!
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

AsstChiefMark

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:42 pm

God bless our British friends. Admirably resolute. I can't imagine going through this every day and night for six years. Righteousness always prevails.

Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

Kieron747

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:49 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 44):
God bless our British friends. Admirably resolute. I can't imagine going through this every day and night for six years. Righteousness always prevails.

It's nice to know that there are friends who understand. I know a lot of Americans, both good and bad, For what it's worth, welcome, in this time of need, to my RR List. I feel very vunerable at the moment, and I have to say that your appreciation is welcome.

Kieron747
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

JGPH1A

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:42 pm

Not at all directly. I have two cousins living in London, one of whom was in the carriage of the Aldgate train where the bomb went off. He was uninjured, luckily, just hurt his ear from the blast, but it must have been horrendous. Thank God he's OK.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

edka

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:07 pm

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 19):
regarding a.netters: EDKA - r u OK?

Hi Rudy
i'm fine thank you.
We had to work as normal yesterday, but turns out anything but normal - the level of trading went up crazy, most people were selling stocks or buyng options on stock indexes falling... i guess there will always be some smarta$$ trying make some money even in situations like this...

I personally don't know anyone who has been injured or hurt, one woman i work with her husband was on one of the tube trains, but he was ok...
Speak to you later.
Eddie

Klaus - thanks as well

[Edited 2005-07-08 09:19:54]

ryanb741

Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:39 pm

I was in the train behind the one blown up at Edgware Road (I switched to the Circle Line because the Piccadilly line was slow that morning - even before the bomb at King's Cross).

Suddenly we heard a thud up front and our train stopped, and no announcement from the driver. Lights dimmed and after about half an hour the police and London Underground Stewards got us out of the train via the rear carriage (I was in the front carriage).

There was a bit of smoke in the tunnel so I assumed a train had derailed up front. When we walked to Edgware Road station via the tunnel we could hear alarms going off and an automated voice saying 'Emergency, please leave the station' or something like that. Everyone was calm, no rush, we assumed a simple derailment had happened.

When we got out there were police everywhere but still I thought a 'simple' derailment had taken place.

It's only when I got into work that people were talking about explosions and it all became clear what had happened.

Anyway, it's life as normal now - I was given the day off today but whilst I may be more nervous on the 'tube' now, it still won't stop me as you can't let these [email protected] win IMHO.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Jkw777

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:30 pm

Hello to everyone all over the globe,

I woke up at around 10:30 a.m. and was IM'd on MSN by fellow user BNE, he asked me what the hell was going on with the Underground. I really didn't think anything of it until I logged onto the bbc.co.uk website. The page must have taken 3 minutes to finally load. My initial reaction to the news I was seeing wasn't at all pleasant and cannot possibly be repeated on here.

I then went downstairs to get a drink, I knew it was going to be a long day. My Mum just got off the phone to my Dad and she said, "I hope you don't have any plans to go to London with in the next few days!" I said "I've just heard!"

I came back up here to check to see if there were any more updates, and still in shock continued talking to various members online. I started speaking to N1120A and he was pretty upset.

I sent texts to various friends, and hoped for a response. Most of them I have heard back from, others, still no word. I have some business contacts with in the affected areas, and I will wait to see on Monday if they are okay.

Just over a week ago I had gone into London with MYT332 and we met with N1120A, I took a few pictures on the underground as we were in Transit, I was looking through these images yesterday and I found one that I took in Kings Cross. My heart sank when I saw it.

http://www.justinwood.me.uk/London/KingsCross.jpg

Right now I'm pretty saddened by yesterdays attacks, and I cant thank the people who I have spoken to for their support and good words. I'm not really affected by it directly, but I'm still deeply upset and shocked by it all.

I hope no one we know here has had family members and friends injured or killed in these blasts.

Warmest Regards,
Justin  Smile
[email protected] or +447751242989