Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AA777
Topic Author

The Official "Senioritis" Thread....

Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:47 pm

As many of you dont know; (lol), I am a Senior in College at George Washington Univ in Washington DC..... as such, I have come down with a bad case of senioritis-- which is characterized as frustration, lack of motivation, laziness, and general lack of caring regarding WORK that MUST be DONE. lol... I have a good GPA (an A average) but Im tiiiiiiireddddd of working! And you know what, I HATE READING.... hattte it. After more than 3 years of college, I am officially done...the little plastic thing has popped since i am cooked through and through, the timer is ringing, I am just waiting for a flock of Academia (Professors, deans etc) to come running in their cap and gowns to come attack me with forks and knives instead of books and pens... lol...

I say..... rebel! Stop reading. No more studying! Enjoy your life.

OK, not really.... maybe I just need some encouragement from my fellow a.netters?? I need to do work but I dont want to. Hmph. Anyone have the same problem!? Solutions!?

-AA777

Newark777

RE: The Official "Senioritis" Thread....

Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:54 pm

I had the same problem last year in high school. It didn't help that I got into college in December, since that is when I basically stopped working. I can't really give you any advice, since I basically gave in and didn't do anything senior year.

Harry

TedTAce

Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:52 am

Do it or you will end up like me!!

stlgph

Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:58 am

Quoting AA777 (Thread starter):
I say..... rebel! Stop reading. No more studying! Enjoy your life.

Yes, you messed up. Don't wait until your senior year to get senioritis. Start your freshman year. And take a 12 hour semester every once in a while.

HOMER71

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:31 am

Damn, I was getting excited, I thought you misspelled "Senioritas"

Anyways, dude, suck it up...you almost there! (unless, you decide to go to graduate school)

deltaffindfw

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:41 am

I got all my core classes done before senior year. So, my senior year was filled with free electives. My last quarter in college I took Philosophy of Sports, Sociology of Baseball, an independent study class on expanding the bar I hung out at, and was a T/A for the freshman business class.

Needless to say, I was drunk most of the time....

deltaownsall

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:58 am

reading sucks...I had bad senioritis in High School and im having one hell of a time breaking out of it freshman yr of college now...just be glad you're not me.

airxliban

Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:08 am

I contracted a case of senioritis during high school and it never really wore off until sophomore year of college. Once I figured out what major I was doing and I really got into it, I kissed it away forever...well not really, the last couple of months of my final semester it lingered back in.

Solutions? Try to surround yourself with people that don't have senioritis!

aaflt1871

Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:13 am

As many of you dont know; (lol), I am a Senior in College at George Washington Univ in Washington DC.....

Speaking of D.C, did you make it down to Tequila Beach Saturday night next to Polyesters on F street N.W? They were filming a girls gone wild dvd at the club, and from what I understand it got a little crazy.

Doona

Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:22 am

which is characterized as frustration, lack of motivation, laziness, and general lack of caring regarding WORK that MUST be DONE.

This came in your senior year? I've been suffering from senioritis since graduation junior high! Best tip: Go with it. Give in to your instincts. Miss a lecture or two. Stay at home all day, posting on a.net... Does wonders!

Cheers
Mats

AA777
Topic Author

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:22 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 3):
Yes, you messed up. Don't wait until your senior year to get senioritis. Start your freshman year. And take a 12 hour semester every once in a while.

I am taking a 12 hour semester this time (four classes...which is easy, I Know.) But I also took 12 credits this summer (ie, 4 classes in 10 weeks, which was a lot of work.)......dont I deserve to be able to relax??

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Reply 8):
Speaking of D.C, did you make it down to Tequila Beach Saturday night next to Polyesters on F street N.W? They were filming a girls gone wild dvd at the club, and from what I understand it got a little crazy.

No, I went out to Adams Morgan that night.... Tequila Beach is not my scene... let alone with perv guys all over the place and girls who probably shouldnt (based on their level of attractiveness) be taking off their tops...or bottoms for that matter... but do because they are so drunk. The poor fools... always freshman at GW and AU.... I did go to a similar party at Lulu's last year.... lol...crazy, thats all I can say.

To all the 'slackers'.... I have missed....4, count them FOUR classes in the past three and a half years of college. Three because I was sick, one because I didnt sleep the night before....and i tried to take a catnap...but overslept... oops. I know people who miss 4 classes a week...and still get good grades. Maybe I am a bit uptight? lol

-AA777

[Edited 2005-09-13 00:25:44]

[Edited 2005-09-13 00:27:50]

USAFHummer

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:26 am

Quoting Doona (Reply 9):

This came in your senior year? I've been suffering from senioritis since graduation junior high!

I think I had it straight out of the womb for me...I got by the high school strain of it, now I have about another year or so before the college strain truly kicks in...

Greg

aaflt1871

Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:20 am

Quoting AA777 (Reply 10):
No, I went out to Adams Morgan that night....

Madams Organ and Zuccabar (? spelling, great little 80's bar) are 2 of my favs down there.

and girls who probably shouldnt (based on their level of attractiveness) be taking off their tops

They did bus in some girls from out of town to make sure it was good.

san747

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:56 am

As many of you dont know; (lol), I am a Senior in College at George Washington Univ in Washington DC..... as such, I have come down with a bad case of senioritis-- which is characterized as frustration, lack of motivation, laziness, and general lack of caring regarding WORK that MUST be DONE. lol... I have a good GPA (an A average) but Im tiiiiiiireddddd of working! And you know what, I HATE READING.... hattte it. After more than 3 years of college, I am officially done...the little plastic thing has popped since i am cooked through and through, the timer is ringing, I am just waiting for a flock of Academia (Professors, deans etc) to come running in their cap and gowns to come attack me with forks and knives instead of books and pens... lol...

That's exactly how I'm feeling right now... Except I'm in high school. I tried getting out of my pre-calculus class, but my parents made me rejoin it (I know I'll get flamed for that). Oh well, only 9 more months of free public education... And only about 6 1/2 more until I get my driver's license... That's quite a while...

Doona

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:25 pm

But I also took 12 credits this summer (ie, 4 classes in 10 weeks, which was a lot of work.)......

Hey, you make your own bed... I took a ten week summer course of Japanese in Japan, mostly to make sure the what I had learned in the past year wouldn't go away. It was great, but I turned my 3 month summer into three lousy weeks...

And today, I'm skipping a grammar lecture, and a Japanese Politics lecture...
Cheers
Mats

AIR757200

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:38 pm

I had senioritis kick in when I was a junior, given that I've been going part-time, my junior and senior years have taken forever. I'm happy and excited to say that this fall will be my last semester!  Smile (BBA; HR Management)

Shawn Patrick

Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:19 pm

For me, high school senioritis never really had a chance to kick in. I busted my ass all the way to the end. But now college seems like a walk in the park  Smile