Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

B744F

RE: The People In CA Have Spoken

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:46 am

Exactly. If you don't teach kids the basics, how will they learn? How many kids don't understand that pulling out isn't birth control prevention?

MaverickM11

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:19 pm

Quoting B744F (Reply 99):
I was discussing the general power of a Union compared to a corporation.

No you weren't. Let me replay it for you, all in a thread about the CA special election:

MidnightMike: "Gov. Arnold has been under attack from the unions for close to a year, I can not believe the almost limitless money the unions are pumping into the attack ads, incredible."

You "Corporate donations outnumber Unions by over 2-1"

You "oops, did I say 2-1? I ment corporate donations outnumber union 25-1"

LA Times and NPR: Union donations outspent Arnold's supporters 2 to 1. Your backtracking ensues  Silly.

Quoting B744F (Reply 99):
I really enjoy how you always nitpick one small part of my general comments and then claim victory at the end without addressing anything. It is quite amusing

Oh I think I've addressed it sufficiently. What IS amusing is watching you trying to backflip your way out of this. "But, but, but what I REALLY meant..." Silly

Superfly

Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:31 am

Any way you slice the numbers, Arnie still got his ass handed to him last week.  Smile

B744F

Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:42 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 101):
Your backtracking ensues

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 101):
Oh I think I've addressed it sufficiently. What IS amusing is watching you trying to backflip your way out of this. "But, but, but what I REALLY meant..."

I was talking about the general power of Unions. Who the hell cares how much Unions have donated in THIS election? The law that would have gone into effect was a respone to the general problems of campaign donations throughout all elections? Once again your simple one track mind gets caught up in topics you know nothing about, so your way of backtracking is to dwell on something you don't understand and continue to bring up. This is just another non-issue. Whats the point of me talking about campaign donations for THIS election when the topic is the problem with Union campaign power in every election?

Its like arguing with a little child who keeps asking such simple questions. End of dicussion. Unless you can address what I've actually said and start explaining to me how Unions have so much power and why they should be stopped or anything else you wish to discuss regarding my posts, feel free. But this is just ridiculous.

Go back to day care

halls120

Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:56 am

Quoting B744F (Reply 103):
Whats the point of me talking about campaign donations for THIS election when the topic is the problem with Union campaign power in every election?

Given that this thread started out as a discussion of the recent election in California, not elections in general, talking about union donations to THIS election would be very appropriate.

You decided on your own (with help from another poster) to try and shift discussion to union campaign donations in general elections. That is your right, but when you try to change the topic under discussion to something else, don't be surprised when people object.

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:23 am

Who the hell cares how much Unions have donated in THIS election?

Oh idunno...people responding to threads about THIS election maybe  Silly....LIKE THIS THREAD.

so your way of backtracking

You're the only one backpedaling (see below)

Whats the point of me talking about campaign donations for THIS election when the topic is the problem with Union campaign power in every election?

What does the topic of this thread state? Does it state "The problem with union campaign power in every election"?

B744F

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:40 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 104):
Given that this thread started out as a discussion of the recent election in California

Given that this thread was an extension of the discussion BEFORE the election took place, I'd say you're grasping for straws and evading my actual points

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 105):
What does the topic of this thread state?

What does that have to do with anything?

And discussing the points of the ballot measure, which complain Unions have too much power, is exactly what I was doing. Feel free to comment on my points or stop evading and grasping for straws. as usual

[Edited 2005-11-16 21:43:37]

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:50 am

Quoting B744F (Reply 106):
What does that have to do with anything?

If it wasn't already crystal clear before, it is now.

Quoting B744F (Reply 106):
And discussing the points of the ballot measure, which complain Unions have too much power,

Uh huh...you just said:

I was talking about the general power of Unions. Who the hell cares how much Unions have donated in THIS election?

So which is it...you're talking about "the points of the ballot measure" or "the general power of unions"? No amount of backpedaling can get you out of the corner you've talked yourself into.

Superfly

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:56 am

Unions played just as much of a role in this election as all other elections. The voters saw through Arnold's b.s. and told Arnold....

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:12 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 108):
Unions played just as much of a role in this election as all other elections.

They outspent Arnold supporters 2:1 whereas on a national scale it's quite the opposite, primarily since their numbers are small to begin with and declining....since everyone is rightly seeing through the union b.s. Smile.

Superfly

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:23 am

MaverickM11:
So I guess the majority of the voters are wrong when you don't agree with the results?

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:33 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 110):
So I guess the majority of the voters are wrong when you don't agree with the results?

One has nothing to do with the other. Sometimes I agree with the majority, sometimes I don't.

B744F

Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:31 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 107):
So which is it...you're talking about "the points of the ballot measure" or "the general power of unions"? No amount of backpedaling can get you out of the corner you've talked yourself into.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 107):
And discussing the points of the ballot measure, which complain Unions have too much power,

What the.....

OK lets go over this slowly Mr Semantics.

The point of the ballot measure was to restrict the power of the Unions in all elections.

You obviously have failed to grasp such a simple concept and once again play the semantics card because you have nothing else. You cry about proof yet you give none yourself. you cry about lack of common sense yet you have none. You cannot debate ANYTHING I've said in this entire topic except to continue with your sidestepping nonsense crying about me sidestepping only because you fail to grasp simple concepts and simple answers

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:17 pm

Quoting B744F (Reply 112):
You obviously have failed to grasp such a simple concept and once again play the semantics

Keep backpedaling...maybe if you go backwards in a circle fast enough you'll be able to turn back time and stop saying stupid things!