slider

RE: Which A.netters Do You Respect Fully?

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:40 am

I don't keep score.

But I do enjoy the fellowship and spirited debates with many here... Merry Christmas to all!  Wink

dan2002

Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:39 am

Falcon84, ANCFlyer, SlamClick, and Superfly. They all make very good points, and have more than enough sense to back them up.

Dan
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

gkirk
Topic Author

Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:41 am

Quoting Dan2002 (Reply 51):
Falcon84, ANCFlyer, SlamClick, and Superfly. They all make very good points, and have more than enough sense to back them up.

ANCflyer and sense doesn't belong in the same sentence  duck 
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

ANCFlyer

Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:51 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 52):
ANCflyer and sense doesn't belong in the same sentence

laughing 

Spending too much time at the Pub again Kirkie?!  wink 

Hmmm, can one actually spend tooo much time at a pub?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

i530j

Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:56 am

DLX737200 aka Justin Idle

Justin
"I love you, I love the kids..." then the phone went dead.

whitehatter

Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:56 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 53):

Hmmm, can one actually spend tooo much time at a pub?

Kirky is a Sweaty Sock. Too much time in the pub to one of them means being there when it's their round....
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

ME AVN FAN

Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:37 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 53):
too much time at the Pub

is it really too much TIME ? I do NOT believe that the time is THE factor !

Gilligan

Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:04 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 27):
says the guy with a Respect Rating of 1

Quoting Doona (Reply 33):
Sounds like you're a little grumpy. Don't worry, someday you'll be included in one of these threads

Some just enjoy being outside the box.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

DLX737200

Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:49 am

Quoting I530j (Reply 54):
DLX737200 aka Justin Idle

WOW me??? Are you serious or is this a joke? I cannot imagine anyone would respect me enough to post it on a thread? If your serious, thank you very much for the respect.

-Justin

MD11junkie

Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:41 pm

Diamond: Excellent person - excellent friend. Fun, thoughtful chat. Everything I could've ever asked for.

Shawn Patrick: Great fella, friend - and with a very BIG sense of humor. A great lad to get along with.

AA777: You're a big friend of mine Z. We've helped each other a lot   Great to have you with me as my friend. 

Marambio: Smart, funny - GREAT friend. Knows what he's talking about, unlike others  

KLM685: My mexican chavo - love him lots. 

Jasepl: My cheery friend! He boosts up my ego, and helps me lots - every chat with him turns into fun! Great to have you Jase.

canuckpaxguy28: One good friend. He's always there when you need him, and makes you think twice before acting. Caring, and lovable.  Smile

Happy Holidays, Feliz Navidad everyone!

Cheers!  
Gastón - The MD11 Junkie

[Edited 2005-12-25 05:49:18]
There is no such thing as Boeing vs Airbus as the queen of the skies has three engines, winglets and the sweetest nose!

PMN

Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:55 pm

Well...I'm not really into the idea of the whole RR thing. It seems a little pointless to me, but the people I respect the most on here from their postings are ANCFlyer for talking a lot of sense in general, Philsquares and Slamclick for their extensive knowledge of things passengers rarely get to properly understand, and Logan22L, also for talking sense (plus he's a bass player so he must be a good guy).

Also Psych in the photography forum. I've asked a few questions over there and he's always more than happy to offer his friendly advice.

Paul
Edith in his bed, a plane in the rain is humming, the wires in the walls are humming some song - some mysterious song

jetBlue190

Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:04 pm

kiwinanday
lfutia
vaporlock
captaingomes
N1120A
syncmaster
pilot kaz

They're all awesome people.

-jB190
"Look into his eyes and you can see, why all the little kids are dressed in dreams..."

LFutia

Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:20 pm

Blackhawk144 - great person to talk to, always cheerful,willing to listen to people and also is good at helping you try and solve problems. -- Boise... here I come... eventually.

Kiwinanday -- another great person to talk to, funny, knows how to keep people entertained -- i gotta fly out to Logan one of these days...

JetBlue190 -- a smart, funny young man who keeps me laughing and entertained. He is very laid-back person. -- Needa fly out to SMF and see what its like in NoCal...

* I must say, I enjoy talking to these 3 young men above as im always learning something new from them. Not a day goes by where i end up having some fun and learning something new.

FlyAUA - Molly... where to begin with you... well your at great guy to chat with... even if its 3am your time and the fact is you can pretty much understand me in Dutch and English...

I also respect fully those people who have helped me through life when i've had my problems! Thank you...

oh and Phyllis... we needa go to ORD eventually!

Merry Christmas / Happy Hanukkah to all!

Leo
Leo/ORD

AA777

Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:28 pm

Hmmm.... No particular order here:

Matt27- SO nice, funny, and always a joker. Great to have been able to get to know him.  Wink

MD11 Junkie- A great Argentino, always fun to talk with, and always has an open ear, and open mind for giving advice. Also good to practice spanish with  Smile  Smile

FlyAUA- The only other 1/2 Arab that I know. We share many of the same interests :-P

UAL747- We've had a lot of time to get to know each other, an interesting guy, and I've really enjoyed getting to know ya.

Diamond- GREAT conversations with him, very very interesting and fun fellow.

-AA777

md80fanatic

Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:59 pm

Quoting A332 (Reply 24):
Few to none.. it's an internet chat forum, so unless you have met some of these people in person, it doesn't really matter.

Exactly. I have met many real people from internet forums (none from here though), and well over 95% of the time the actual person is an alter-ego of the one they've created for cyberspace. For those who fantasize about being someone else this is where they can let it all hang out, literally.

The RR system gives folks a live critique of the -performance- of their fantasy character, how it gets along with other fantasy characters...and so on.

From one of the most disliked members of this forum (still waiting for a DR system to be implemented)  Smile I wish everyone a merry Christmas.

Matt27

Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:13 pm

Quoting FlyAUA (Reply 46):
Quoting Matt27 (Reply 34):
flyAUA - __________________________________

What's that supposed to mean!?

I have no idea.....  scratchchin 
Man ska inte dricka rödvin i en vit hall.

GLAGAZ

Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:38 pm

Respected Users:
What's this? Horus, Ryanair737, hoons90, NorthStarDC4M, AirKas1, WILCO737, ScottishLaddie, pilot kaz, Joge, OYRJA, Erwin972, gkirk, GEEZ, Cumulonimbus, MAH4546

There you go  Smile Merry Xmas all!!

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

A340600

Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:21 am

RR list Wink

Merci,

Sam biggrin 
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

gigneil

Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:24 am

I hate you all vividly.

Merry Christmas  silly 

N

Christian

Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:25 am

I'm a big fan of ChrisH, and what he can do with his camera! ¨

And I'm thankful to be his friend.

/Christian

[Edited 2005-12-25 22:52:03]
If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough

gkirk
Topic Author

Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:35 am

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 68):
I hate you all vividly.

Who are you?  Confused

Wink

fraspotter

Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:41 am

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 19):
I am cool

ditto  Cool
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

saxdiva

Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:02 am

Hmm... man, there's too many to list. But I do want to mention a few:

DL021 and Logan22L... for reasons they know about already--they go so far above and beyond being cool guys that I don't know how to put it into words.

Also...
ANCFlyer, for keepin' it real. You always know where you stand with him.
ScarletHarlot and Vaporlock... for being real women. There aren't enough of us around.
Moe (FlyAUA), for having my back.
Superfly, for being my favorite retro throwback.
Andy (Skidmarks)... because he's a super-sweet guy and can actually drive in Madrid without getting us killed.
Slamclick... the resident curmudgeon, for being curmudgeonly.
UAL747... for having the courage to be human, even around here.
UTA_flyinghigh... makes me laugh and is a good photographer to boot.
Kazzie... this woman is tough, and I can't wait to see where she'll be in another 10 years.
Falcon84... for knowing his s--t.
Banco and GKirk, for cracking me up.
DLKAPA, for being free with photography help, even if it couldn't salvage my damn St. Martin photos.
Diamond... for staying levelheaded, even when others don't.
Sabena332 and ihadapheo... for being the best mods I've ever run into in a forum like this.
jasepl... my other drinking buddy (where's he been, anyway?)
Curtisman, who got me into geocaching (I'm almost up to 75 finds now!)
All the Euro a.netters who had to up with me at the meets these past few months...

And everyone else on my RU list that I don't have time to address personally because I have to take the f-----g GMAT again tomorrow morning. Which reminds me, though.... StevenUhl777... congrats on getting the score you needed to start your MBA. Now I have to get into the 750's tomorrow so I can get into a PhD program and get promoted at work... any last-minute tips?

Cheers and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah (which I'm sure I've misspelled), Kwanzaa, and all that stuff!
-Leanne
See terms for details....

atrude777

Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:22 am

jetboyTWA- Ryan your my buddy and we have had good times online, and hes been there for me too, even drunk haha. looking forward to your future!

AmericanMD80-Just because hes cool and he likes MD80's, they rock.

MAH4546-He is a genious beyond belief. I acknowledge his aviaiton sense and his AA remarks, props to him.

Boeing_Nut, a STL person at heart, good guy too.

SWATPA-She is a great woman, and we had nice chats online. i appreciated her enthusiasm and from one WN fan to another, SWA rocks!

Lambertman- i love having STL convos with him online and we both share the passion and desire for STL to do well and he is a great guy online. hope he has fun on his trip!

Pilotpip-another STL dude, you just have to respect the work he does at STL, however the bastard has met to many famous people  Wink

DeltaRules, we have chatted occasionally and i know him from other sites, so he has had great posts there too.

Thrust- great guy to chat online, we have met in person too and the two times has been hilarious beyond belief

Southwestmdw- also a great guy to chat too, another online friend whom I have met, great guy, funny as hell as well.

OYRJA,-The times hes posted I enjoyed it and hes very knowledgable.

Burnsie28- just wow haha the man is funny. we have our arguments about NWA and SWA but its all good fun and hes a great guy to chat too.

flynavy- we havent chatted much, but he is a respectable guy.

777ER and swadispatcher added me and after seeing their posts I in turn learned to respect them as well.

Diamond- he is real, he doesnt BS around. but he is very fun and funny. he may come off serious but the man can LAUGH  Smile i enjoy his enthusiam and those else who talk to him online too will know what I am talking about. thanks kevin for everything you do it is appreciated.

Kylelosangeles, we have chatted on and off online and is a great guy to chat to. and he shows true partnership and trust. u knwo u have his back. i like that in him.

texan- oh man, can i just says boobs? (only Jap and him and I would understand) lol. great guy to chat too, and funny as hell.

nordair-sweet guy, very nice and he shows he cares about you, i like that.

bigphilnyc- he and I had some good times online and we share the same passion, flying. so thats all. he earns my respect.

tbird- tommy, tommy, tommy you ass hole lol. nah, hes a great guy, i enjoy our conversations and i look up to him (scary :P)

best for last- AC777LR- Brother, you are awesome, i enjoy our conversations online, you are real, down to earth and we have to much in common its fvcking scary! always look forward to our chats and keep it real. and please dont fall asleep at the controls i dont care how many coffees you have had  Wink see you around jordan!

as for those i havent mentioned or not on my RR, such as Kaz- i love you girl, your my sweetie lol. props to you, Jap- wowzers, i enjoy our conversations, thanks for listening to me wihtout pulling your hair out of your head haha. few others to mention tho.

thanks to all
Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

Archie Bunker

Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:17 pm

[email protected] the Viking

zzz 

[email protected]

Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:46 pm

I thought Archie got put to sleep years ago.

I'd probably put that CstarU guy on my list, if he hadn't become a twat and left a.net all those years ago...  Wink

[email protected]
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

FOMEA

Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:08 pm

In No Particular order.

cedars747, Wassch71 ,FlySSC, AirxLiban, dtwclipper, AC777LR

They are all pretty cool guys.I talk to most of them on Daily bases.

Regards
F-OMEA.
On the internet you can be anything you want..its strange so many choose to be Stupid.

MiCorazonAzul

Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:45 am

After reading this thread, I ask myself: Is this type of thread necessary when we already have PUBLIC respected user lists in our profiles?  Confused
Live for Today.....tomorrow is NOT guaranteed.

gkirk
Topic Author

Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:26 am

Quoting MiCorazonAzul (Reply 77):
After reading this thread, I ask myself: Is this type of thread necessary when we already have PUBLIC respected user lists in our profiles? Confused

After reading your reply, is there any need for replies like that?  Wink

Boeing744

Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:13 am

I respect all of the users on my RU list but of them I respect the people I talk to on chat often:
Garri767
richardnhsv
vaporlock
jetmatt777
Kevin752
SHUPirate1
Mexicana757
lfutia
Indy
WILCO737

Sorry if I forgot someone, but I am sure they are all on my RU list.

jasepl

Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:46 am

Quoting MiCorazonAzul (Reply 77):
After reading this thread, I ask myself: Is this type of thread necessary when we already have PUBLIC respected user lists in our profiles?

Wow Maggie. Whatever it is that crawled up your arse seems to have died. And festered.

Time for an enema.

pbottenb

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:04 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 27):
.. says the guy with a Respect Rating of 1

Crap, 1 is great! I have a RR of 0, and no one respects me......oh well....

mauriceb

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:28 am

got respect for many people  

kaz- always funny to talk with , Cream  
lFutia- have much respect for him learning dutch, wich isnt easy
jamieD-good guy  
Wilco- knows alot, although he isnt much at A.net lately
FlyAUA- cool guy  Smile
Gkirk- although he can be annoying, he brings a lot of humor into the forums  Smile

sabena332- patrick is a good moderator , with lots of humor  

concordeboy: knows a lot

Keesje: always comes with lots of information

[Edited 2006-01-11 20:31:57]

diamond

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:32 am

Quoting Pbottenb (Reply 81):
Crap, 1 is great! I have a RR of 0, and no one respects me......oh well....

Check again, buddy
Blank.

skidmarks

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:34 am

Well, what a question. Who do I respect fully?

Dunno really. But one or two that I have met will come into the respect category I guess. Bearing in mind I have a lousy memory for names, the following are people I seem to get on with on here, or who I have met and like.

Saxdiva, Leanne - She put up with my driving in Madrid, was nice and an amazingly intelligent lady
Capital146, Dave - a really nice chap, thoroughly friendly and good to have around - even if he does tan like a lobster.
JGHP1A, Jon - because he is as suave and sophisticated as he says he is, even if the svelte and youthful bit is a total lie Big grin
Iberia747, Alfonso - because in Madrid, he didn't know me from Adam yet he put himself out driving here, there and everywhere - organising a smashing weekend and making it pure pleasure.
Kaz, Kaz - because she is Kaz! A total nut, obviously a worry for her parents, and the spitting image of my two brats in mannerisms. And a girl who is independant, outgoing and fun to be around.
[email protected], James - well, never met the chap but I always have a good laugh when he is posting and he certainly makes me more cheerful.
Gkirk, Graham - Dare I say it? The Scots git is amusing, sometimes predictable and always there for a laugh - except when he's banned!
Cornish and Banco - I lump these two in together because it always seems they play off each other perfectly in the forums. Thoroughly British (well, Cornish) and they make you proud to belong to this rather tatty nation Big grin

There are many more I both like and respect, but my memory is dim, it's past my bedtime (7.30pm) and my nurse is waiting Big grin

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

pbottenb

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:38 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 83):
Check again, buddy

Back at ya....

ConcordeBoy

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:50 am

CBoy's Respected Users List

THOSE WHOM I LEARN FROM:
Hamlet69 - very valuable source of information
MidnightMike - *ditto Hamlet69*
Widebodyphotog - does calculations that'd take me an hour to figure out
Dynkrisolo - debates well, but haven't seen him around much though
B2707SST - always raises rather interesting points
GDB - learned so much about BA Concorde by listening to him
MAH4546 - the go to guy for scheduling and route performance
B747-437B - who hasn't learned some'n from this big ole 'Punjabi' pimp?

THE NEW ORLEANS HOME CROWD:
MSYtristar - the world's #2 MSY cheerleader
Tom in NO - the source for backstage pass & entry baby!
N1120A - cause I'm horrible to him, but he's even nicer back. The wretch.  Sad

THOSE WHO'RE JUST GREAT GUYS OVERALL
The777Man - love his website!
Artsyman - he's tourin' the world with his lil' boy band now, but still a fun guy
Gigneil - don't interact much with him now, but he was fun in the old days
Diamond - ah Diamond.... words fail me Big grin
BCAInfoSys - *see N1120a*
RJpieces - hehehe, the elf  Silly
LH423 - Erik is cool, it's a shame to have not met him yet.
MaverickM11 - this one's pretty weird, but fun to talk to, about a lot of topics
KROC - he's so mean to me, but in such a nice way though  Wink

THOSE WHOM I'VE MET IN PERSON
DL021 - nothing but respect for Ian, awesome dude
A330323X - meeting him was fantastically lame, but it's still fun to chat aviation with

THOSE WHOM I HAVE NO IDEA WTF THEY'RE DOING ON MY RR:
AA61Hvy - for years I've been wondering this, but "if it ain't broke", I guess.
DfwRevolution - um, he's rather cute.. but other than that, I don't have a clue why he's on here.

Several others of course deserve honorable mention, and I've met several others on top of that... I just reserved this solely for people that are currently on my RR list.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

N1120A

Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:35 am

I am actually going to talk about a few people who aren't on my list, simply due to space.

ANCFlyer: We disagree on somethings, agree on others, but I have the utmost respect for the Sarge for his honesty and absolute openmindedness.

laxintl: Love to share with him stories about the past, present and future of our home airport

MakeMinesLAX: The coolest name in A.net history

myt332: While he is a wanker who needs to pay his F-class bill, he is also one of my very best friends on this site

jkw777: An excellent photographer with whom, like myt332, I have formed a strong friendship.

Dazultra: Great beard, nuf said  

Diamond: Could probably get away being an absolute a$$hole in his life, but he is a really cool dude.

MAH4546: Lots of scheduling knowlege and always to the point

EA CO AS: Similar to ANCFlyer, and he truely understands that the little guy, particularly the one who works for us all at the airlines, should matter.

[Edited 2006-01-13 02:37:46]
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

ZKSUJ

Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:48 pm

Wilco737 and NZ1

SUJ

BigOrange

Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:50 am

DL021

Mir

RJPieces

BigPhilNYC

PilotKaz hope to get to meet her in YYZ

ALCRegular -not seen her on here in a while..your fault Justin!

WindowSeat

Superfly You gotta admire his taste in women!

And a few other's whose handles I can't remember

Omar, Rafal, Blendi

usnseallt82

Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:03 am

I respect everyone until they give me a reason not to. The ones on my list know why and know that it takes a lot to get on it.
Crye me a river