Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

isuA380B777
Topic Author

History Experts, Help Please!

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:27 pm

Hi All

I heard a conspiracy theory, which says that Adolph Hitler did not die after the war ended in 1945. Is there any truth in this theory or is this just an urban legend?

Kind Regards

RichardPrice

RE: History Experts, Help Please!

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:44 pm

This is actually based on a truth.

In 1945, SMERSH found the remains of Hitlers burnt body, and transported them back to Russia. An autopsy was carried out on the body, and the results presented to Stalin with the cause of death being cited as Cyanide poisoning, with no mention of a bullet wound.

When the Fuhrerbunker staff were questioned later on, a common theme of death by a single shot in the mouth was confirmed by Soviet interrogators, of course this was missing from the official autopsy.

This problem led an embarressed Stalin to order directed Marshal Zhukov to announce on June 9, 1945 that the remains in Soviet possession were likely not those of Hitler and that he was probably still alive.

This announcement was never withdrawn.

A skull fragment was recovered from the bunker site in 1946 which matched missing pieces from the remains discovered in 1945 and had a bullet hole in it. This was confirmed by several doctors to be Hitlers remains.

The Soviets confirmed that the remains they had in their possesion were his using dental records, and the remains were buried, exhumed and reburied several times before they cremated them and disposed of them.

There still exists the piece of skull and jaw fragments sent to Moscow for dental confirmation, and the skull fragment has been on public display.

[Edited 2005-12-23 12:45:23]

[email protected]

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:45 pm

I have heared that they found someone who looked like him in the bunker where he is sad to have shot himself. But a documentary claimed this person was only a double. As far as I know, there is no 100% proof that his body was found.

[email protected]
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

TheSonntag

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:46 pm

Hitler died in the Bunker, there are numerous sources saying this. There, of course, are a lot of myths around what really happened, but it is regarded as a given fact that he died in the bunker.

If you want to see what happened in the bunker in the last days of the Third Reich, watch "Der Untergang" (English name "Downfall"), one of the best movies ever made. This movie uses several credible sources to show what happened.

The body of Hitler was later burned, the ashes were scattered on the river Elbe. The reason why this remained vague is that the Soviets kept the information regarding Hitlers death secret, or at least tried to do so.

There are a lot of legends, but Hitler died in Berlin in 1945, as did Goebbels, his wife and their children (which were poisoned by their mother).

Michael

[email protected]

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:48 pm

Dang, ya beat me.  Smile

Thanks for correcting me.

[email protected]
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Banco

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:48 pm

Quoting TheSonntag (Reply 3):
If you want to see what happened in the bunker in the last days of the Third Reich, watch "Der Untergang" (English name "Downfall"), one of the best movies ever made.

I'll echo that, I watched it the other day. A terrific film.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

ClassicLover

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:53 pm

If you want to see what happened in the bunker in the last days of the Third Reich, watch "Der Untergang" (English name "Downfall"), one of the best movies ever made. This movie uses several credible sources to show what happened.

I echo those sentiments - saw it a couple of months ago, excellent film.

Trent.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

isuA380B777
Topic Author

Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:19 am

Thanks all for your inputs. But what is the basis behind this escaping in a U BOAT story?

pelican

Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:38 am

Quoting IsuA380B777 (Thread starter):
I heard a conspiracy theory, which says that Adolph Hitler did not die after the war ended in 1945

That's true. He died before the war ended.  Wink

Quoting IsuA380B777 (Reply 7):
But what is the basis behind this escaping in a U BOAT story?

The basis is the dream of some Nazis who wanted their beloved Führer back.

pelican

ME AVN FAN

Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:09 am

Adolph Hitler did not die after the war ended in 1945

he died BEFORE the war ended. Only AFTER his apparent death came the take-over of power by Admiral Karl von Doenitz and the official surrender given by Von Doenitz.

is this just an urban legend?

maybe rather wishful thinking of his many admirerers

RichardPrice

Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:16 am

Quoting IsuA380B777 (Reply 7):
Thanks all for your inputs. But what is the basis behind this escaping in a U BOAT story?

The Odessa project saw many high ranking Nazi's escaping to Argentina and other countries in U-Boats. Thats where that rumour comes from.

Joseph Mengele was one infamous Nazi that lived for years in Argentina.

Indeed, the entire Luftwaffe was reconstructed by ex Nazi's in Argentina in the 1950s.

SlamClick

Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:29 am

In any case, Hitler would be a hundred and seventeen years old next April.

If you understand anything at all about the man it is hard to imagine him taking a look around in late 1945 and saying: "Well, I had a good run at ruling the world. It almost worked! Guess I'll sit in a lawnchair in Latin America and drink iced tea for the rest of my days." I don't think his ego would have permitted him to remain below the radar.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

ME AVN FAN

Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:57 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 11):
I'll sit in a lawnchair in Latin America and drink iced tea for the rest of my days."

yes, I canNOT imagine THAT man as a kind of "hidden Imam" !

Braybuddy

Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:59 am

If you want to see what happened in the bunker in the last days of the Third Reich, watch "Der Untergang" (English name "Downfall"),

One of the best films I have ever seen. Bruno Ganz's portrayal of Hitler is amazing.

isuA380B777
Topic Author

Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:31 pm

Quoting Pelican (Reply 8):
The basis is the dream of some Nazis who wanted their beloved Führer back.

Yeh, I also think the same

happy holidays every body