Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Braybuddy
Topic Author

Most Irritating Record Of 2005

Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:00 am

Some records are good, some are BAD. But the JCB Song must be the most irritating of 2005. Who buys this crap?

alcregular

RE: Most Irritating Record Of 2005

Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:06 am

Put Crazy Frog into the list, I think that might win!
Why drive when you can fly?

Braybuddy
Topic Author

Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:18 am

It's a hair between the two of them Alc!

9VSPO

Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:30 am

Anything by James Blunt.

We went to my Sister-In-Law's on Boxing day for dinner. She said "I got this new CD for xmas, do you mind if I put it on?"

Guess what?....It was James Blunt...

I said "over my dead body"  Smile

FLYtoEGCC

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:02 am

I fully agree with 9VSPO - James Blunt has to have the most irritating and excruciatingly painful-to-listen-to voice I have ever had the misfortune to come across. My vote goes to "You're Beautiful" - what a crap song.

And as for the Crazy Frog, that should just be banned. That "ring-ding-ding-ding-ding" that it sings in "Axel F" is enough to make my blood boil.
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...

2H4

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:08 am

Gwen Stefani should be caned for that wretched "Holla Back" song.

2H4

Intentionally Left Blank

BR076

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:20 am

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 3):
Anything by James Blunt.

checkmark 
especially his last song, ''goodbye my lover'' , what a horrible song  yuck 
ú

MaverickM11

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:37 am

Anything by the Blackeyed Peas...good lawd I hate their music. That (*#$&%( "Lumps" song is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "My lovely lady lumps"???? GET A F*(#NG MAMMOGRAM YOU DUMB WH@RE!
I don't take responsibility at all

ltbewr

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:06 am

BLP's 'Lumps' song. Fergie, the lead lady singer is a hot and beautiful babe, but her singing that song lost me as a fan of her. YUCKKKK. It is insulting to women. The lyrics apparently were written by some horny guy and girl who must have been wound up on crack on crazy night. It is the kind of song that when I hear it, I immediatly change the channel.

zippyjet

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:49 am

Anything by the Black Eyed Peas, especially that awful song that starts out with the lady croaking Oh No No No!

I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

MaverickM11

Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:19 am

Quoting Zippyjet (Reply 9):
Anything by the Black Eyed Peas, especially that awful song that starts out with the lady croaking Oh No No No!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that despises every single note they put out.

mhodgson

Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:42 am

Crazy Frog, first and foremost.

Closely followed by 'My Humps'. And that Pharell Williams and Gwen Stefani 'Can I have it like that song'. And 50 cent's 'Window Shopper'. Proof he can't actually sing!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

malmoaviation

Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:14 am

Crazy Frog.. It hurts me that a Swede has made it! Gah, I have the d*mn sound of that small f*king frog in my head always!  bigmouth 

fly_yhm

Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:32 am

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 5):

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 7):
Anything by the Blackeyed Peas...good lawd I hate their music. That (*#$&%( "Lumps" song is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "My lovely lady lumps"???? GET A F*(#NG MAMMOGRAM YOU DUMB WH@RE!

I couldn't agree more with these statements.
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!

BA0284

Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:33 am

Totally agree with the crazy frog and james blunt on the list. What can i say about the crazy frog? Hmmm...What were they thinking!!?!?? Then James Blunt, well frankly, i believe he sounds like someone's grabbed hold of his 'area' and voila, the high voice. No-one could ever sing like that!!!!!  laughing 

BA0284  Smile

YoungFlyer

Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:39 am

My Humps might be a bad song, but the music video is quite entertaining if you know what I mean! But you guys are right, every time that crazy frog went on I thought I would puke.
Dan
"An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi

zippyjet

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:03 am

Quoting Fly_yhm (Reply 13):

You're right but, I'd just bend her over and shag her with that hot leggy swimmer's body!

stlgph

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:36 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 10):
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that despises every single note they put out.

i'm on this bandwagon.

Quoting Fly_yhm (Reply 13):
Quoting 2H4 (Reply 5):

i'm on this bandwagon.

also, another wretched song...Weezer and "Beverly Hills"

"Beverly Hills, that's where I wanna be."

i have a fantastic suggestion. just flippin' go there, bastard.

sad thing is, the actually PLAY the song in Beverly Hills! like every 5 damn minutes!
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

iflyatldl

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:56 am

Gwen Stefani- Holla Back Girl- hands down. First couple times I heard it- sounded like Harlem Phatt Girl. Wasn't quite sure what was up with that Wink
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

sovietjet

Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:12 am

I feel like whenever I hear the Hollaback Girl song I get dumber. Something about the beat makes me feel that way along with the extra stupid lyrics. Bottom line is....most highschool media-brainwashed girls buy it and that is what's important.

UN_B732

Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:21 am

Holla Back Girl (#1 fo sho)
Laffy Taffy (D4L, repetitive and annoying)
My Hump (Shut up, honestly, such a slut)
Snip Snap Snappy (the little girl, in German I believe. Have no clue why it didn't stay with the German equivalent of Radio Disney)

-Mr. X
What now?

tfsphoto

Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:11 am

Quoting Zippyjet (Reply 9):
Anything by the Black Eyed Peas

I agree however, their single "where is the love" i actually grew to like, but now, everything they do is crap.. my lady lumps arghhhh!

Lew

VonRichtofen

Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:16 am

Quoting Braybuddy (Thread starter):
Some records are good, some are BAD. But the JCB Song must be the most irritating of 2005. Who buys this crap?

Who's JCB?  Embarrassment

pl4nekr4zy

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:02 pm

Kanye West's "Gold Digger". I can't stand that song, or Kanye West himself for that matter!
"Don't forget to bring a towel!"

Braybuddy
Topic Author

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:30 pm

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 22):
Who's JCB?

YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW, believe me.

Don't know why so many yanks find Black Eyed Peas irritating! I loved Where is the Love, and the remix of Shut Up was one of my favourite dance tracks of a couple of years ago. . .

ZKSUJ

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:01 pm

My Humps by the Black Eyed Peas wins as the crap song of 2005 hands down!

So Blinking Annoying!!!

noelg

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:30 am

Black Eyed Peas are one of my favourite bands. We went to see them live just before Christmas and they are absolutely amazing live.

I'll tell you what is annoying though, the "PussyCat Dolls". They sound like a load of whining cats at any rate, and wtf is the deal with "stick witchu".....

Why the hell are white girls singing "witchu" - it is just absolutely pathetic! I feel like saying "bless you" after each line in the chorus "Witchu" "Bless you"...

And their other song (if you can call it that) - what a load of rubbish - I much prefer BBC3's cover of "Don't ya" (or to the wannabe black girls "dontcha"...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/media...le.shtml?pack2-bangbang_16x9_bb.rm

Noel

sovietjet

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:38 am

The Pussycat Dolls song is so monotonous too I almost forgot about it. Also that song by Gwen Stefani and Eve. Kanye West's Gold Digger would've been loads better if that annoying guy wasnt in the background repeating the same lines "She hit me hard", "when i'm in need" arrrgh

DAL767400ER

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:47 am

"This sh!t is bananas,
B-A-N-A-N-A-S" (repeat 3 times) - Speaks for itself
Anything by animated 'things' (Crazy Frog, Snappi the crocodile)
"Durch den Monsun" - Tokyo Hotel (German band, if you don't know them, be thankful!)
"You're beautiful", already mentioned too many times
"Don't Cha" - Especially the long version with that washed-up mary-jane smoker Busta Rhymes
And now that the year is over:
"Last Christmas"  Silly

scallar

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:56 am

Quoting Braybuddy (Thread starter):
But the JCB Song must be the most irritating of 2005

Well, I actually think The JCB song is kinda cool. The video is fantastic!

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 22):
Who's JCB?

JCB Song

The real worst one of 2005 is Crazy Frog. No question about it.

/Scallar

mhodgson

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:16 am

Quoting Noelg (Reply 26):
Black Eyed Peas are one of my favourite bands. We went to see them live just before Christmas and they are absolutely amazing live.

Every live performance (admittedly not a proper concert) has been dire. The woman simply cannot sing!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

zippyjet

Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:24 am

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 24):
Don't know why so many yanks find Black Eyed Peas irritating! I loved Where is the Love, and the remix of Shut Up was one of my favourite dance tracks of a couple of years ago. . .

I can't speak for everyone but, The Black Eyed Peas represent how shitty American Soul has become. R&B from the 50's, 60's and early 70's was legendary. Proof in the pudding being that this genre was embraced and even covered in the UK and popular in much of Europe. Even into the mid 70's, American Soul was something to brag about. The 60's was one of the few periods where the Top 40 encompassed Country, British Invasion, Soul and pshycadelic rock and had quality. Along comes FM radio, radio segmentation, the synthesizer, the lawyers, bean counters and image pimps and R&B as well as most popular music started the irreversible downhill flight into the shithouse. Disco just added insult to injury. And then, in 1979, for the first time, I saw a story on New York's CBS station about a new format where a bunch of black dudes wore oversized glasses, funky clothes and scratched records and croaked out what still sounds to me as jibberish with little or no beat. That format being rap which in my book is crap. Sorry if I'm politically incorrect but, political correctness is a bottom feeder concept in my lexicon anyway. Now, we get these drugged up people calling themselves the Black Eyed Peas and most of their music ( I don't consider it music) sounds like a big
fat turkey baster got loose in the dishwasher during the power wash cycle. Their vocal attributes make fingernails scratching a blackboard seem enjoyable. For those of you who enjoy them, be my guests; go buy their records, attend their concerts I for one will just say no thank you!
Also regarding most of today's soul,it sounds just as vapid as the rest of the shit they peddle today. That Boys To Men pseudo gay sound doesn't cut it for me, much like Britney Spears, the Simpson sisters, the Duff girls are all hot to look at and shag but their music pauleeze! Give me Motown, 60's British Invasion, and Parliment Funkadelic anyday. Thank God for Sirius. I can have Howard Stern uncut, and specific programming the way I want it and like it.

http://www.popmatters.com/music/features/050722-randb4.shtml

bhxforever

Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:33 am

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 3):
Guess what?....It was James Blunt...

I said "over my dead body"

Couldnt agree more. He is possibly the most annoying person EVER on the planet.

"Youre beautiful..youre beautiful...youre beautiful..your..SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse my French.

yowza

Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:40 pm

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 5):

Agreed but I would still like to stab her with my sausage  Wink

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 7):

See above

Quoting Pl4nekr4zy (Reply 23):
Kanye West's "Gold Digger". I can't stand that song, or Kanye West himself for that matter!

Some ppl only have one god CD in them, shoulda stopped at College Dropout my friend.

My pick has to be Madonna's "Hung Up." The only catchy part of the song is the bit stolen from ABBA, the rest is shit and it has been overplayed to death, at least in Canada. Most disturbing of all is that every time I hear the song I picture her in that disgusting leotard and socks in the video. Seriously lady you're pushing 100 years old, put on a few layers and stop flashing your wrinkly camel toe, you have kids for god's sake. Oh and the whole fake British accent is not fooling anyone.

YOWza

MaverickM11

Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:08 am

I'll tell you what is annoying though, the "PussyCat Dolls".

The Pussycat Dolls are one shady Native American (honestly, what's his function other than to look creepy?) and an appearance from Wyclef Jean away from being the Black Eyed Peas.

Quoting Zippyjet (Reply 31):
. I can have Howard Stern uncut

I think I'd rather listen to the Black Eyed Peas...or listen to the paint dry.

zippyjet

Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:12 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 34):
I think I'd rather listen to the Black Eyed Peas...or listen to the paint dry

Thank God we live in America! God bless the USA! We have the choice: I can listen to Howard talking lewd, crude and funny and you can torture your ears with the Black Eyed Peas, and for that matter Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, Michael Jackson and the rest of the no talents pushed by the lawyers and drugged out promoters in their quest for the almighty dollar.

CactusA319

Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:52 am

I can't speak for everyone but, The Black Eyed Peas represent how shitty American Soul has become. R&B from the 50's, 60's and early 70's was legendary. Proof in the pudding being that this genre was embraced and even covered in the UK and popular in much of Europe. Even into the mid 70's, American Soul was something to brag about. The 60's was one of the few periods where the Top 40 encompassed Country, British Invasion, Soul and pshycadelic rock and had quality. Along comes FM radio, radio segmentation, the synthesizer, the lawyers, bean counters and image pimps and R&B as well as most popular music started the irreversible downhill flight into the shithouse. Disco just added insult to injury. And then, in 1979, for the first time, I saw a story on New York's CBS station about a new format where a bunch of black dudes wore oversized glasses, funky clothes and scratched records and croaked out what still sounds to me as jibberish with little or no beat. That format being rap which in my book is crap. Sorry if I'm politically incorrect but, political correctness is a bottom feeder concept in my lexicon anyway. Now, we get these drugged up people calling themselves the Black Eyed Peas and most of their music ( I don't consider it music) sounds like a big
fat turkey baster got loose in the dishwasher during the power wash cycle. Their vocal attributes make fingernails scratching a blackboard seem enjoyable. For those of you who enjoy them, be my guests; go buy their records, attend their concerts I for one will just say no thank you!
Also regarding most of today's soul,it sounds just as vapid as the rest of the shit they peddle today. That Boys To Men pseudo gay sound doesn't cut it for me, much like Britney Spears, the Simpson sisters, the Duff girls are all hot to look at and shag but their music pauleeze! Give me Motown, 60's British Invasion, and Parliment Funkadelic anyday. Thank God for Sirius. I can have Howard Stern uncut, and specific programming the way I want it and like it.

So how do you really feel? LOL

Quoting YOWza (Reply 33):
Agreed but I would still like to stab her with my sausage

Ditto.

Quoting YOWza (Reply 33):
Some ppl only have one god CD in them, shoulda stopped at College Dropout my friend.

Apart from "Gold Digger" which has been played to death (altough the video is quite nice) the rest of the album is pretty solid. Kanye is one of my favorite performers despite the fact that he has one of the biggest egos on the planet.

Black Eyed Peas was actually a pretty decent group when they first came out in the mid-to-late '90's. They added Fergie (who is nice to look at with the mute button on) and went mainstream and now their music sucks donkey. How "My Humps" continues to be popular is beyond me. The sheer stupidity of that song is mind boggling.

zippyjet

Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:12 am

Quoting CactusA319 (Reply 36):
They added Fergie (who is nice to look at with the mute button on)

I'm in agreement with that! Fergie, Britney and the rest of those pieces of ass that croak music would be laughed off the stage before 1972! They'd be on the stroll or maybe a cocktail waitress or a secretary in a low end company!

MaverickM11

Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:23 am

Quoting CactusA319 (Reply 36):
They added Fergie (who is nice to look at with the mute button on)

I beg to differ.

" I do know that it's hard to compete with cover lines of such stunning genius as "My Designer Vagina Transformed My Sex Life," and "Leeches Stopped My Nipple From Falling Off." Really, I sympathize with Fergie, because outshining those gems is an uphill battle. But the fact remains that, if this photo is to be believed, Fergie needs to stop worrying about her heart so much and start phunking with her estrogen levels.
"
http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_...the_pea_not_the_duchess/index.html

Braybuddy
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:31 am

Give me Motown, 60's British Invasion, and Parliment Funkadelic anyday.

I grew up in the '60s and Motown did it for me more than the progressive rock of that era. . . and while it was a fantastic sound I just don't listen to any of that old stuff from the '60s or '70s anymore. I guess it just played itself out for me. Having said that, I smile to myself when I hear some of those old records played on the radio.

I like to move on, and I'm not a fan of rap at all, but the odd track sounds good, and the Black Eyed Peas I thought were one of the best. "Where is the Love" ended up being the best selling single here a couple of years ago and, while it wouldn't have been my personal favourite, it wasn't the worst either.

I still think the JCB Song was the most irritating of 2005, followed closely by the Crazy Frog.

zippyjet

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:07 am

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 39):
I grew up in the '60s and Motown did it for me more than the progressive rock of that era. . . and while it was a fantastic sound I just don't listen to any of that old stuff from the '60s or '70s anymore. I guess it just played itself out for me. Having said that, I smile to myself when I hear some of those old records played on the radio.

There was a lot of Excellent B sides//Forgotten 45's from this classic era!
Check out these links:  bouncy 
http://www.melingo.com/thesoulnet/
http://www.icebergradio.com/

LOT767-300ER

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:34 am

Is it just me or am I the only one who does NOT find Gwen Stefani hot?

My reason is because SHES FLAT. Good god, its so sickening just look at the luxurious video....god damn washboard.

zippyjet

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:57 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 41):
Is it just me or am I the only one who does NOT find Gwen Stefani hot?

My reason is because SHES FLAT. Good god, its so sickening just look at the luxurious video....god damn washboard.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I for one don't have "kittens" if a chick is lacking in the boobies department. Remember unless she is a dedicated fitness fanatic hard body, Mother Nature ain't kind to big tits they sag as the woman becomes a hag. But Gwen Stefani has legs I could lick and have wrapped around my neck anytime and she was a former competitive swimmer and, I think female swimmers are some of the hottest hard bodied athletic women!

[Edited 2006-01-06 02:58:41]