Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

It Is Zarqawi

Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:54 pm

Interesting news from Ramadi . . .

One hundred and thirty five Iraqis, Five Americans killed in Ramadi in the latest attack by insurgents there . . . including the explosion of a homicide bomb during a funeral (how fucked up is that anyway).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...le/2006/01/05/AR2006010500351.html

"Neither the Americans nor the Shiites have any benefit in doing this. It is Zarqawi," said Khalid Saadi, 42, who came to the hospital looking for his brother, Muhammed. Saadi said he hoped that sympathies in the city, considered a hotbed of support for the Sunni Arab insurgency, would turn against Zarqawi's faction.

The Ramadi residents responded to the attack with fury. Nearly everyone at the scene said they believed it had been ordered by Zarqawi's al Qaeda in Iraq, considered the most ruthless and best-organized faction in the insurgent movement.

"People in this city helped Zarqawi a lot, and I hope this would make them change their minds," said Saad Abid Ali, a captain in the Iraqi army hit by shrapnel in the legs.

Seems as thought Zarqawi may have stepped on the toes of the very people that he purports to "fight for".

As regards the insurgency and their supposed support for Zarqawi and other Insurgent assholes . . . . Is the tide turning in Ramadi? Elsewhere in Iraq?]

Blah Blah Blah, A-Nets Random Thread Generator  redflag  strikes again.

It Is Almost Midnight... by Flyingbabydoc 2005-12-31 21:59:31
It Is The Year 2005... by Stlgph 2005-12-30 11:04:24
Is It Moral To Buy Homeless People Alchohol? by Vio 2005-12-23 15:26:42
The Best Beer In The World Is..... by BestWestern 2005-12-23 11:56:48
Here We Go Again! Pat Opens Is Yap! by 777DadandJr 2006-01-06 00:14:02
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Delta767300ER

RE: It Is Zarqawi

Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:00 am

I hope so. Zarqawi is a racist thug and needs to die. I put Zarqawi and Pat Robertson in the same nutcase category.

-Delta767300ER

jdwfloyd

Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:44 am

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 1):
I hope so. Zarqawi is a racist thug and needs to die. I put Zarqawi and Pat Robertson in the same nutcase category.

The difference between Zarqawi and Robertson is the Robertson isn't sending people out with bombs around their chest and killing innocent people. Just a minor detail but still important.

exarmywarrant

Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:27 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Thread starter):
"People in this city helped Zarqawi a lot, and I hope this would make them change their minds," said Saad Abid Ali, a captain in the Iraqi army hit by shrapnel in the legs.

VERY encouraging that after that bomb went off, while injured were still being carried away, recruits began to line up again...it's clear that the Iraqis are getting tired of the "insurgents" blowing up their own people. Hopefully, if Ramadi is changing, a tipping point may be near. Ramadi has always been the city most sympathetic to the insurgency.

CO7e7

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:34 am

Quoting Exarmywarrant (Reply 3):
recruits began to line up again...it's clear that the Iraqis are getting tired of the "insurgents" blowing up their own people

yea no kidding !

Did you know that the Kingdom of Jordan has sentenced AL Zarquawi to death, even though he wasn't present at his trial ??
I can't wait for this guy to DIE.

Gary2880

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:49 am

Nearly everyone at the scene said they believed it had been ordered by Zarqawi's al Qaeda in Iraq, considered the most ruthless and best-organized faction in the insurgent movement.

well it wasn't nemo.

My heart go out to the poor Iraqis, 135 that's one hell of a funeral! Must have been popular. atleast for them the suffering is over. i guess the good thing about suicide bombings the bastards can only do it once..
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:59 am

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 5):
My heart go out to the poor Iraqis, 135 that's one hell of a funeral!

As does mine Gary . . . one thing though, I believe the count killed at the funeral was 80+, there were multiple attacks in Ramadi that day, the 135 figure was total for Iraqi casualties . . .

My heart goes out to the families of the dead Americans as well.

My hope is that the Iraqi anti-Zarqawi feelings in Ramadi - a very pro-insurgent stronghold - swells exponentially, and feeds to other parts of the Sunni Triangle . . . soon, perhaps (and the sooner the better) the Iraqis will realize that the US/UK Forces are not their enemy, but Zarqawi and his screwball followers are . . . and that they are the killers.

I hope the tide is turning . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

usnseallt82

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:52 pm

Seems as thought Zarqawi may have stepped on the toes of the very people that he purports to "fight for".

I agree. And the more this occurs, the less tolerance the Iraqi people will have for the attacks. Its what our presence has been fighting for since the beginning. As soon as the population realizes who the real enemy is, their cause will be defeated.

Hopefully this realization will become a common event.
Crye me a river

Gary2880

Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:38 pm

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 7):
the less tolerance the Iraqi people will have for the attacks. Its what our presence has been fighting for since the beginning.

I'm sorry but there weren't many suicide bombings in Iraq before we arrived.

You must remember that the Iraqi people neither want the suicide bombers, Zarqawi, America or Britain in Iraq. They just want their country back.

With all these people invading my country I'd be pretty pissed too... and no doubt you would as well.

yhmfan

Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:41 pm

Blah Blah Blah, A-Nets Random Thread Generator strikes again.

It Is Almost Midnight... by Flyingbabydoc 2005-12-31 21:59:31
It Is The Year 2005... by Stlgph 2005-12-30 11:04:24
Is It Moral To Buy Homeless People Alchohol? by Vio 2005-12-23 15:26:42
The Best Beer In The World Is..... by BestWestern 2005-12-23 11:56:48
Here We Go Again! Pat Opens Is Yap! by 777DadandJr 2006-01-06 00:14:02

Huh?  confused 
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:50 pm

Quoting Yhmfan (Reply 9):
Huh?

When a thread is started, the good ole Airliners.net database does a search to see if there are any other threads comparable, or duplicating, the one you are attempting to start. It will find similar (ha ha ha ha) threads for the user to check against to ensure there are no duplicates. The one's I show in my thread starter here are the ones the database suggested I check to ensure I'm not duplicating another thread.

They are almost (99.9999%) of the time assinine, ridiculous, not even remotely close. As you can see above.

Go ahead, open a thread, call it anything . . . you'll see what I mean.

cfalk

Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:39 pm

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 8):
You must remember that the Iraqi people neither want the suicide bombers, Zarqawi, America or Britain in Iraq. They just want their country back.

They need to realize that they could have their country back tomorrow if the insurgency stopped.

If the US/UK forces leave today, the insurgency would continue until either someone like Saddam, or Mullah Omar, or maybe Zarquawi himself is made dictator for life and any progress towards democracy over the last 3 years is lost.

If the Insurgency stopped and the Iraqi government is able to maintain order, the US/UK forces would be on their way home.

That's the choice. I think you would agree that the econd option is better than the first.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

CO7e7

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:30 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 11):
If the US/UK forces leave today, the insurgency would continue until either someone like Saddam, or Mullah Omar, or maybe Zarquawi himself is made dictator for life and any progress towards democracy over the last 3 years is lost.

The problem is: Al-Qaida wants an Islamic state in Iraq. So if the troops were to leave before the Iraqi government can take control, we're gonna have some dictator running the show again. The problem with that is: This dictator is going to be a radical / fanatic muslim.

Gary2880

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:36 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 11):
They need to realize that they could have their country back tomorrow if the insurgency stopped.

stop it then.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:49 pm

Quoting CO7e7 (Reply 12):
So if the troops were to leave before the Iraqi government can take control, we're gonna have some dictator running the show again

Nope . . . . you'd have anarchy and mass civil war . . . each faction/section of the country vying for power and killing off one another. That's the reason we (the US/UK Forces) need to hang a bit longer. Make sure the Gov't is stable, and in control - and make sure the Iraqi military/police are trained, ready and fielded . . .

It will not be without it's challenges . . . but, with the news from Ramadi - where the populace blames Zarqawi and his assholes for these bombings and NOT the US, UK or their new Gov't - things have a different perspective. Lets hope this perpetuates itself.

cfalk

Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:39 pm

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 13):
stop it then.

We are open to your suggestions. What do you suggest? Carpet bombing of any city where terrorist attacks occure? Flowers in gun barrels? What?
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

yowza

Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:45 pm

For all of you who say he needs to die, you're missing the point completely. Even if he is killed somebody else will take his place and the replacement may even be worse. Making him a martyr will simply fuel the problem.

With that in mind you've just been reduced to lusting for blood, which makes you no better than the,

YOWza

Gary2880

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:11 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 15):
We are open to your suggestions. What do you suggest? Carpet bombing of any city where terrorist attacks occure? Flowers in gun barrels? What?

no cunning plan baldrick?

RAMPRAT980

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:31 pm

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 1):
I put Zarqawi and Pat Robertson in the same nutcase category.

Well, when we see followers of Pat Robertson killing people in the name of god then we can lable him a criminal.
With gun control there can be no democracy.. With gun control there can be no Freedom