Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

StevenUhl777

RE: Osama's Back

Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:26 am

Quoting Texdravid (Thread starter):
1). A "truce". Leave the Middle east and we will leave you alone.

Won't happen, at least not under GWB.

Put us in the White House and in control of Congress. We'll give in to Osama and we'll just hope they don't attack us again.

Signed,
The Democratic party

Mir

Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:56 am

Sounds good enough, except that we all know he'll never keep his end of the bargain. So screw that.

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 2):
No western country was present in the middle east when Al-Qaeda attacked the WTC.

I believe that the US had a significant presence (bases) in Saudi Arabia at the time.

-Mir

AirPacific747

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:08 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 51):
I believe that the US had a significant presence (bases) in Saudi Arabia at the time.

Not to my knowledge atleast

dan-air

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:27 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 25):
Four bombs later and the government was convinced and Spain will no longer be a part of any resistance to the spread of Islamic terror.

The spaniards bailed on Iraq because Iraq was not a source of Islamic terror.

OBL & Co. hang out in Afghanistan/Pakistan. Got it?

jaysit

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:43 am

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 50):
Put us in the White House and in control of Congress. We'll give in to Osama and we'll just hope they don't attack us again.

Signed,
The Democratic party

Put us in the White House and in control of Congress. We'll never find Osama, but we will start exciting wars in exotic places, because, hey, all them A-RABS look the same to us.

Signed,
The GOP.

Quoting B757300 (Reply 49):
Quoting Zippyjet (Reply 48):
W needs a spike in his well deserved crappy approval rating so, he rolls out that bastard just like the last time which just so happened to be on the Friday before the 2004 election! Scare up us poor gullible American citizens.

Statements such as this prove that liberalism is a metal disease.

But unlike the mental disease you have.

By the way, since when did accusations of "wagging the dog" become a liberal only crime? The GOP accused Clinton of doing the same when he bombed Sudan and Afghanistan.

Also, have you understood any of this?

Gilligan

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:43 am

With Spain as the model, move to France or England or Germany. No more terrorist acts than are necessary to keep the issue (a) in the front pages and (b) ever more divisive.

Why bother? Germany and France have a significant muslim presence already. Next big target, as you stated, would be the UK, and it already started last summer.

Yeah, you always say that when your winning don't you? A 'truce' for him is "please don't kill me!". Life in the cave must be getting boring.

TPASXM787

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:47 am

Quoting Rodge (Reply 1):
It fills me with fear thinking what they could do next.

Well this is exactly what the terrorists are going for so well done.

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 13):
I just hope nobody is stupid enough to believe that OBL, if alive, would ever offer a real truce.

These guys will hate us come hell or high water, and we need to kill all of them.

I agree with the forst part, not the second.

IF the real objective of the Islamic extremists is world dominance there is no point whatever in defeating Germany, France, Denmark, Brasil, Japan et al because they are pretty much irrelevant in the power game, at least individually. It is a better tactic to divide us on issues. Spain, for example: Some in government saw the post-9/11 efforts as being Spain's business. Most of the comfortable, complacent civilians did not. Four bombs later and the government was convinced and Spain will no longer be a part of any resistance to the spread of Islamic terror.

With Spain as the model, move to France or England or Germany. No more terrorist acts than are necessary to keep the issue (a) in the front pages and (b) ever more divisive.

As always you are right on the money. No one wants to hear it, but you are dead on.

Quoting Erikwilliam (Reply 41):
if it was up to us, the world would be peacefull, with only beautiful airplanes and no coach class.

And Brazilian women...mmmm....

jaysit

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:49 am

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 55):
Life in the cave must be getting boring.

How do you know he's in a cave?

For all you know, he's sitting in a fancy house in Islamabad, or in some Wahabbi palace north of Riyadh?

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he's sipping coffee in the Saudi Embassy in Washington, DC.

The man has plenty of sympathizers and adherents all over the Middle East who'll keep him in enough shawarma and lamb pilaf for a long time.

solarix

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:51 am

Quoting Zippyjet (Reply 48):
W needs a spike in his well deserved crappy approval rating so, he rolls out that bastard just like the last time which just so happened to be on the Friday before the 2004 election! Scare up us poor gullible American citizens.

LMAO are you serious? The only gullible American citizen is yourself... believing such non-sense as you have written.

eilennaei

Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:23 am

An extraordinarily brilliant political move from bin Laden, once again. The opponent at the moment in a baffled disarray, he's managing both to mock the opposition and to inject an additional dose of fear into them. The hollow warcalls of some of the writers above clearly indicate a frustration, which may well become worse in time.

zippyjet

Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:33 am

Quoting Solarix (Reply 58):
LMAO are you serious? The only gullible American citizen is yourself... believing such non-sense as you have written

Me gullible? Maybe but, Bush buddy buddy with the Saudi's, Saudi's big oil, Bush and co big oil, Right after 911, Bin Ladins get a free no fettered exit out of the USA when everything else with wings were grounded and besides the thousands of dead, hundreds of Airline workers got screwed out of their jobs. But of course, a lot of us are gullible, liberal air heads with Metal Disease! If it were not so damn tragic, I'd be laughing my ass off but, this is America and you have the right to your opinions and feelings and I have mine. You can pour honey on shit but, alas it is still shit!

MidnightMike

Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:46 am

seb146

Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:49 am

My thoughts are:

1. If GWB had been the great leader everyone thinks he is, we would not be having this discussion. OBL would have been captured and tried or killed in the war in Afganistan.

2. The "liberal" media will milk this for all it's worth and take American's eye off the ball of the Abramoff scandal and the fact that GWB is allowing warentless spying on Americans. In fact, look for Bush, Co. to use this to back up it's warentless searches and continue to take away freedom and liberty from Americans.

GO CANUCKS!!

aaden

Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:09 am

1). A "truce". Leave the Middle east and we will leave you alone

that's funny a couple of years ago it seemed like he wanted a war and not that he's got one...
Sounds like a  white  too me

Won't happen, at least not under GWB.

and it shouldn't not until we have him in custody and he and all the people responsible for 9/11 are brought to justice.

2). The reason there hasn't been a new attack in the U.S. since 9/11 is not because of heightened security, but because of Al-Qaeda planning and that takes time.

that's a knee slapper and bull$hit he just not willing to admit he no longer posses the capability to carry out a knew attack.

Nordair

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:16 am

Huh? And I thought Marvelous Dubya had taken care of all those terrorists.  sarcastic 

texdravid
Topic Author

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:24 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 57):
For all you know, he's sitting in a fancy house in Islamabad, or in some Wahabbi palace north of Riyadh?

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he's sipping coffee in the Saudi Embassy in Washington, DC.

I must agree. The whole business that he and his pal Ayman are in a cave on the Afghan-Pak border is just a bald guess.

He is probably comfortable, getting excellent medical attention for his renal insuffiency/failure, and has access to all media in all its forms. He is still popular in that part of the world, and no amount of money, even if it is $25 million is going to smoke him out. They love Osama more than the $25 million reward.

Why not Karachi?

GDB

Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:23 am

AirPacific747, a quick search would show that US and a contingent of UK forces, were in theatre before Sept 11.
How do you think those very frequent airstrikes on Iraqi SAM's, radars etc, prior to 2003, in fact from 1991 to the 2nd Iraq war, were carried out?
Sure carrier borne USN aircraft took part (based in the Gulf), but also USAF and RAF aircraft, based in Saudi.

erikwilliam

Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:03 am

Quoting TPASXM787 (Reply 56):
And Brazilian women...mmmm....

that´s something we alredy have, don´t have to wait for world peace for.....

ME AVN FAN

Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:05 am

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 62):
GWB had been the great leader everyone thinks he is

everyone ?? -I Yeah, sure (sarcastically)
 Confused Confused

OBL would have been captured and tried or killed

wishful thinking --- BUT GWB for years now is "very close in pursuit"

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 65):
The whole business that he and his pal Ayman are in a cave on the Afghan-Pak border is just a bald guess.

rather a rumour

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 65):
He is probably comfortable, getting excellent medical attention for his renal insuffiency/failure, and has access to all media in all its forms

of course. Ever wondered that his tapes usually are given to LONDON offices of Arab papers ? Suppose, he sits in London, his false beard nicely kept clean and in a drawer.

Gilligan

Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:20 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 57):
How do you know he's in a cave?

Do you have any proof that he is not? Actually it was a metaphor but in reality the last sightings had him in the border region of Pakistan/Afghanistan. Considering most of his closest advisors have been caught in Pakistan it stands to reason he is there too. The letter from his deputy in Iraq was intercepted where? You're right that he does have a lot of supporters which is the main reason he has not been caught yet. Think about Eric Rudolph and how long he was able to hide out right here in this country without a tenth of the support.

Quoting Zippyjet (Reply 60):
Bin Ladins get a free no fettered exit out of the USA when everything else with wings were grounded and besides the thousands of dead, hundreds of Airline workers got screwed out of their jobs.

There's another 9/11 myth.

1. If GWB had been the great leader everyone thinks he is, we would not be having this discussion. OBL would have been captured and tried or killed in the war in Afganistan.

Exactly when was GWB leading the search on the ground in Afghanistan?

and continue to take away freedom and liberty from Americans.

How are you less free today and exactly what freedoms have been taken away from you since Jan 2001?

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 68):
Ever wondered that his tapes usually are given to LONDON offices of Arab papers ?

Probably for the same reason that when they do come out they are already pretty dated.

AirPacific747

Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:01 pm

Quoting GDB (Reply 66):
AirPacific747, a quick search would show that US and a contingent of UK forces, were in theatre before Sept 11.
How do you think those very frequent airstrikes on Iraqi SAM's, radars etc, prior to 2003, in fact from 1991 to the 2nd Iraq war, were carried out?
Sure carrier borne USN aircraft took part (based in the Gulf), but also USAF and RAF aircraft, based in Saudi.

Well as I said, not to my knowledge. I guess you are right about it.

But to get back to the topic, I think we shall keep the pressure on Osama. When I hear him offering a truce, it only makes me think that he is beginning to feel the pressure, probably because some of his highly ranked men have been killed by missiles.

GDB

Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:38 am

Don't kid yourselves, this 'truce' BS is an attempt to drive a wedge between the US people and government, nothing more.
He's noted how sour Iraq has gone.

This is what we mean when it is pointed out that the Iraq invasion and botched aftermath, was/is a huge boost for OBL, if he drank, he'd have popped a champagne cork.
Thinking 'errr....we're like fighting there so we don't have to on our streets', is for Jerry Springer bovine people.

Kill/capture him tomorrow, will make no difference to actual terrorism, not that this is any argument for not getting him.
His very presence is a one fingered salute to his enemies.

stlgph

Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:10 am

Quoting GDB (Reply 71):
Don't kid yourselves, this 'truce' BS is an attempt to drive a wedge between the US people and government, nothing more.

the government's new policy:

"we refuse to offer a truce to people we can't even find!"

civ4b2fan

Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:52 pm

I am just going to say even though i do not agree with bush for going into iraq before Korea, I will say the only good terrorist is a dead one