Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

virgin747
Topic Author

Jujitsu Moves Foil Teenager's Attackers

Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:31 am

Matt72033

RE: Jujitsu Moves Foil Teenager's Attackers

Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:35 am

Quoting article,fully trained in the 2,500-year-old martial art of jujitsu, used a defensive technique to punch one of the men in the face, knocking him to the ground. When the second man came at her, she kicked him in the groin and punched him in the shoulder:

dont need no 2,500 year old martial art shit to smack someone in the face and kick another in the balls!

i learnt how to do that at school!

Edit: AND i didnt need to kick anoyone in the balls......thats against the unwritten rules!

[Edited 2006-01-31 18:35:49]

ArmitageShanks

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:03 am

I'm a firm believer in that karate/whatever is pointless in a real fight.

All the fights I've seen with people that know this amazing fighting technique always win with a standard punch or kick to the face.

DrDeke

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:04 am

Quoting Matt72033 (Reply 1):
AND i didnt need to kick anoyone in the balls......thats against the unwritten rules!

Pfff. I'd only be interested in "fighting fair" if I were interested in fighting at all. I never have and don't imagine I ever will instigate a physical fight, but if someone physically attacks me, I would either run away or failing that, attack them in the nuts, the nose, or wherever I need to in order to get them to back off.

-DrDeke

Matt72033

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:12 am

Quoting DrDeke (Reply 3):
Pfff. I'd only be interested in "fighting fair" if I were interested in fighting at all. I never have and don't imagine I ever will instigate a physical fight, but if someone physically attacks me, I would either run away or failing that, attack them in the nuts, the nose, or wherever I need to in order to get them to back off.

You never kick another man below the belt!
To be honest, if someone started a fight with me i'd just use it as an excuse beat the living shit out of them.....but without going below the belt!

you cant run away from a fight......what are ya? French?  Wink

virgin747
Topic Author

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:46 am

Use the "sing" technique...

ArmitageShanks

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:13 am

Quoting Matt72033 (Reply 4):
You never kick another man below the belt!

Anything is fair game in a fight, especially if you didn't start it. If I ever get into a fight I will gouge eyes, kick their balls, and stomp whatever to win.

"Get your revenge in first."

DrDeke

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:13 am

Quoting Matt72033 (Reply 4):
you cant run away from a fight......what are ya? French?

Not French, just sensible.  bouncy 

I have never been and never plan to be involved in a "consensual" physical fight which is why I will not hold myself to any sort of agreed-upon rules of fighting. I don't solve personal differences through physical fighting, so the only time you would see me in a fight is if I need to protect myself or someone else and have no other way to do it.

If I were to voluntarily fight someone, then it would be a good idea, I guess, for both sides to "fight fair," but I can't see that ever happening to me.

-DrDeke

theCoz

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:55 am

It's not necessarily the fighting technique of karate that will win the fight, but the state of mind that karate gives you during the fight. Like they say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 6):
If I ever get into a fight I will gouge eyes,

This happened to me once. Some guy just attacked me out of nowhere at a bar. I ended up gauging his right eye with my thumb. I pinned his head with a headlock and jammed my thumb about an inch into his eye. He got what he deserved.

Matt72033

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:08 am

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 8):
Like they say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog.

ive had a few fights when i was at school, i found that when i was fighting, i'd lose it completely, i couldnt hear anybody, i couldnt see anyone except the other person, i felt nothing whatsoever and i couldnt stop hitting them.....i was like "in the zone" but not in control at all, i'd punch has fast as my arms would let me, and i just wouldnt stop till people dragged me away! ended up putting a guy in intensice care for 3 days!

i dont remember what happened, but he turned round and smacked me one, cut my lip, and i just lost it, ended up beating him over the back of the head with a broken chair leg! left him in a puddle of blood in the corner.

when i lose it like that, i dont believe that any kinda karate s**t would help against me! however much i get hit, or kicked i dont feel it!

prosa

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:17 am

Muggers and other attackers don't expect their victims to resist. As a result, if a victim does fight back, the attackers don't know how to handle the situation and sometimes will run off, even though the victim is easy to overpower. Physical resistance may not be necessary, in some cases yelling and screaming might be enough.
I put "sometimes" in italics because the resistance strategy is anything but foolproof. A determined attacker might just teach the victim a lesson for trying to resist. Fortunately, that didn't happen in the case under discussion.

jap

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:47 am

Quoting Matt72033 (Reply 9):
ended up beating him over the back of the head with a broken chair leg! left him in a puddle of blood in the corner.

*sings*Everything's so blurry, and everyone's so fake, and everybody's empty, and everything is so messed up, pre-occupied without you....

Oh wait... thats puddle of mudd... not blood *grin*

I tell you what tho matt... You must be a *Hard* man to beat someone with a chair leg...

If anyone fights with me, i do what i need to get them off me then run... I'm a lover not a fighter

Matt72033

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:52 am

Quoting Jap (Reply 11):
I tell you what tho matt... You must be a *Hard* man to beat someone with a chair leg...

i didnt do it to be *hard* like i said....i did it because i just completely lose it! i dont know what im doing!

IceTitan447

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:59 am

Quoting Matt72033 (Reply 1):
don't need no 2,500 year old martial art shit to smack someone in the face and kick another in the balls!

I learnt how to do that at school!

I would love to see a person like you fight a person with Jui Jitsu skills. It is a pretty awesome sight to see. It teaches the art of submission. something 90% of fights end up on the ground, with Jui Jitsu, you take them down to your world, the ground!

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 2):
All the fights I've seen with people that know this amazing fighting technique always win with a standard punch or kick to the face.

She had confidence, she knew what her abilities were, and she knew where to hit em. You can laugh all you want, I am glad my wife know this stuff, peace of mind for myself.

civ4b2fan

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:06 am

I really think ya all should just lighten up a bit as this post was most likely intended to be a laugh. She did what she needed to do and with that you do not think when in that situation it is just reflex. I know from experience.

Leezyjet

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:08 am

I used to do Ju-jitsu when I was a kid. I did it for 3 years. Wish I'd never stopped going.

I was the only kid in the class too. I was 6 years old when I started, doing Ju-jitsu in an adult class. As a result of me, the instructor began a special kids class, but then I left !! DOH !!.

Was quite amusing though that I had to do all the moves and techniques on full grown adults when I was only a kid !!!.

Smile

IceTitan447

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:10 am

Quoting Leezyjet (Reply 15):
Was quite amusing though that I had to do all the moves and techniques on full grown adults when I was only a kid !!!.

Did you learn a lot from it? did you enjoy it?

senorcarnival

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:57 am

Quoting Matt72033 (Reply 12):
i didnt do it to be *hard* like i said....i did it because i just completely lose it! i dont know what im doing!

Three words for you, buddy: ANGER MANAGEMENT!  Silly

virgin747
Topic Author

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:57 pm

Quoting Senorcarnival (Reply 17):
Three words for you, buddy: ANGER MANAGEMENT!

Its not because he's an angry person.... this is because of an adrenaline rush.... I hear about this stuff all the time... It runs a lot in soldiers and police that have to chase their suspect... They get so worked up chasing them, the captive get kicked twice as hard versus if he'd stop in the first place.

ANCFlyer

Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:01 pm

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 6):
Anything is fair game in a fight, especially if you didn't start it. If I ever get into a fight I will gouge eyes, kick their balls, and stomp whatever to win.

Correct, if you are stupid enough to let an asshole get close enough to you to get a hold of you, then anything goes. Kick, Bite, Scratch, Punch, Slap, Slam, Bang, Boom. All body parts are targets . . . nuts and throat first.

That said: No deterrent like a nice hand gun.  duck 

DLPMMM

Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:15 pm

If it is worth fighting over, then it is worth killing over. If it is worth killing over, then the only rule is to kill before being killed.

People who enjoy fighting are sick individuals.

With some of the kids I see on the streets these days, I wish some parents would make their political stand on abortion retroactive.

DeltaGuy

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:19 pm

On the contrary, martial arts does improve your "dogfighting" skills. I took 5 years of Taekwando, and it was some of the best money my folks ever spent..I'll make sure my kids take it too.

Not only do you learn your traditional martial arts skills (chopping, kicking, etc), you also learn how to actually throw a punch correctly, where to exploit your enemy's weaknesses (pressure points, sensitive areas, etc) and probably most importantly, how to use these manuevers in a real-world fight...sparring teaches you alot of it.

Not that I go out looking for trouble, but I've never had a problem keeping my ass out of the hospital from a fight, the stuff I learned from my instructors will always be valuable to me.

DeltaGuy

Matt72033

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:01 pm

Quoting Senorcarnival (Reply 17):
Three words for you, buddy: ANGER MANAGEMENT!

thats two words, dumbass!

IceTitan447

Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 20):
ple who enjoy fighting are sick individuals.

Y ou must be a little guy, Orgsanized fighting is a blast, not sick, It is a skill.