RE: Pilot Kaz Has Left The Building

Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:29 pm

Where is Matt D and AA61hvy?

Drew

LOT767-300ER

Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:37 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 83):
People are always valuable, and in such a forum I'm not on private email terms with most, but I'd miss very many if they dropped off the map all of a sudden. It does make a difference. ...If not for everybody, it appears.

Would you miss me if I left?  Silly

Matt72033

Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:06 pm

Quoting FXramper (Reply 100):
Where is Matt D and AA61hvy?

and Hawk21M? i know its only been a week, but thats a long time for him?
any pics? lol

Klaus

Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:30 pm

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 101):
Would you miss me if I left?

Is that an offer?  mischievous 

airbusA346

Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:03 pm

Quoting Shamrock_747 (Reply 85):
On a more positive note, a much loved member who has been absent for over a year will be making an emotional return to airnet within the next 24 hours.

Whooooooo is it......

And Good Luck Kaz.  bigthumbsup 

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

ZakHH

Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:15 pm

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 94):
I don't particularly like the "give a fuck-o-meter" and other pictures that can frequently bee seen here, but your picture is more than tasteless. I didn't know Justin well and I didn't claim Kaz was "superior" to him (who did btw?). Frankly, I didn't even have her on my RU list, nor was I on hers.
What I said surely applies to other "xy has left" threads as well: Let people say they're sorry and leave them alone if you don't care.

Furthermore, it seems you didn't like to see those pictures on other occasions. If true, how come you are now showing exactly the same behaviour or worse? Or are you merely copying other people's habits no matter how stupid those are?

checkmark   checkmark 

Planesarecool, if you don't care for someone leaving (or making a certain statement or whatever), why would you think that others would care to learn if you care? If no one cares about a thread, it would soon be gone.

The "attention whore" pics can be funny on certain occasions. But if a quite active member of the forum says he or she will leave, they are inappropriate. Plus, yours was disgusting.

I wasn't really close with Kaz, as we rarely posted in the same threads (I'm not such a frequent poster here, anyway). Still, she was quite active here, and her intention was certainly not mere trolling. Which cannot be said about everyone here, I would guess. Thus I think it's rather sad she leaves.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

7LBAC111

Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:28 pm

I never knew Kaz if I'm honest, but find it ironic how she drew attention to the fact that Orion737 was seeking attention for his decision to leave (in Site Related) and then someone goes and starts a thread detailing the very same thing.   

I must say however, that being one of the people whos sad life has allowed A.net to become almost a daily necessity, I empathise with Kaz for deciding to leave. , and for the reasons she did.

CivAv is becoming overrun with less informed members and this is beginning to reflect in the quality of posts contained therin. The price of success no doubt, but one which I do feel is driving more and more knowledgeable members away from there, and into NonAv and other competing boards.

The mods, both old and new are working damn hard to address this, and I think they're getting there. By and large.

7L

[Edited 2006-02-26 14:30:42]
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

cornish

Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:40 pm

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 106):
CivAv is becoming overrun with less informed members and this is beginning to reflect in the quality of posts contained therin. The price of success no doubt, but one which I do feel is driving more and more knowledgeable members away from there, and into NonAv and other competing boards.

yep. i barely post any more in Civ. av because of this - too many people who've never got close to the industry and think they know better, refusing to listen to people who do know. too many spolit brats who get everything they want from mummy and daddy and have never had anyone tell them their wrong - their attitude is spoiling what could otherwise be a marvellous site
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

chris78cpr

Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:53 pm

Kaz,

Good luck with your music hun and your new job! Keep on at it and i know good stuff will come from it. Don't let anyone in here get you down at all, there are some good people at this place but there are also a lot of tw**s! You know who your mates are, so dont take any s**t from anyone else! I'm sure ill see you at LHR on the 29th and i'll talk to you on msn soon.

See ya soon!

Chris
5D2/7D/1D2(soon to be a 1Dx) 17-40L/24-105L/70-200F2.8L/100-400L/24F1.4LII/50F1.2L/85F1.2LII

planesarecool

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:57 pm

Furthermore, it seems you didn't like to see those pictures on other occasions. If true, how come you are now showing exactly the same behaviour or worse? Or are you merely copying other people's habits no matter how stupid those are?

I have nothing against the pictures, probably because I don't take everything so seriously and I can actually have a laugh on occasion.

I had nothing against Kaz, just like i had nothing against other members when i posted similar pics in their "im leaving" or "im new" threads. But, people post pictures in them, yet in a thread about Kaz everybody takes it seriously. And did anybody take such great offense to that picture when Kiwinanday posted it? No, they didn't, because he didn't post them in threads about Kaz.

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 105):
But if a quite active member of the forum says he or she will leave, they are inappropriate

With the exception of, again for example, Justin - i'm guessing he wouldn't be regarded as an active member, with close to 4000 posts in just a year or two  Yeah sure. Nobody minded then. So does this mean that next time somebody else announces they're leaving, nobody will post any pictures of any sort saying "i don't care?" I highly doubt it.

but your picture is more than tasteless

There's no "your" pic about it, because it wasn't my pic. If you're going to have a go, take it out on the person who made it.

captaingomes

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:58 pm

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 101):
Would you miss me if I left?

I wouldn't!!!  box   laughing 
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

airbuzz

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:20 am

Kazzy, I never knew you, but reading your posts was funny. Good luck little musician!  Smile

MYT332

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:28 am

Nuno, it's your turn to go next.  Smile
One Life, Live it.

Mir

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:40 am

Kaz, it's a shame that you're leaving, but I wish you the best in your future endeavours. Your contributions will certainly be missed.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

boeingfanyyz

Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:09 am

Quoting Runway23 (Reply 16):
So I guess she'll still be here for some time.

checkmark 

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 26):
What a question, of course was it moderator trouble, didn't you know the we mods are responsible for everything that is happening here?

"He shoots, he scores!"  wink 

Quoting Jap (Reply 37):
I'm sorry some members have turned this thread into a farce- you know this wasn't my intention... if you decide to return someday, I'll happily pay your membership and everything

Yes, it was kind of a poor idea to start up a thread of this nature. Although we all know she did have some great friends, she also had some great enemies!

Quoting BHXFAOTIPYYC (Reply 41):
Guys, as much as we enjoy spending a few hours on a.net here and there, it is just an internet forum after all. It should not be taken anywhere nearly as personal as some folks take it.

I agree. Sometimes I feel as if a.net is a country, being run by various people.

Just my $0.02 (CDN)

Cheers,
Boeingfanyyz  airplane 
"If it aint boeing, it aint going!", "Friends are like condoms...they protect you when things get hard!"

Btriple7

Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:15 am

Although I never knew you personally, Kaz, I did enjoy many of your posts. You were an important part of A.net. You will be missed.

Best of luck,
Btriple7  Smile
Just...fly.

ABfemme

Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:37 am

Quoting Btriple7 (Reply 116):
Although I never knew you personally, Kaz,

Me neither,

But very best wishes in your persuits,

Regards

Claire
Women do not have hot flushes, they have power surges

tfsphoto

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:07 am

Kaz,

I know you told me to get my hiney into bed.. But when you do read this, you know words cannot express what you are doing for me, and have done for me during my continuing times of ill health. You will be a great loss to this forum and i wish you every bit of success with following Iron Mai..Muse and with your promising musical persuits.

Lew

Jetset763

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:43 am

Soap opera?!!, this is worse...
Bye!, umm have a good umm life.....
hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?

BR715-A1-30

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:12 am

Quoting Jap (Reply 17):
PS: As for the attention thing- I don't think so. Kaz never asked me to make this thread. I did it because I didn't want people to worry because she suddenly just stopped posting, in case she doesn't come back.

Why would I worry?

Quoting Jap (Reply 37):
I'll happily pay your membership and everything

Dude... Get a girlfriend, and get laid. FAST!!! TEHE!!!
Puhdiddle

ANCFlyer

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:20 am

Quoting BR715-A1-30 (Reply 119):

FYI . . . Jap is a girl . . .

Profiles are a wunnerful thing - just gotta read them.  wink 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Euclid

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:21 am

Wow, I can't believe I'm the first person to be able to post the following: DUDE, READ JAP'S PROFILE.

Tee-hee.

Edit: Damn, ANCFlyer beat me to it. Oh well, I was the second then.

[Edited 2006-02-26 19:23:47]

jap
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:16 am

Why would I worry?

Did I mention your name in there anywhere? No? P!ss off then

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! Your own needs reflecting there, my friend? Oh, and FYI- I have a BOYfriend... as for getting laid... well, that's going ok too

Quoting Euclid (Reply 121):
Wow, I can't believe I'm the first person to be able to post the following: DUDE, READ JAP'S PROFILE.

Tee-hee.

Edit: Damn, ANCFlyer beat me to it. Oh well, I was the second then.

thank you! I do believe kaddyuk can confirm that with 100% certainty

[Edited 2006-02-26 23:17:53]

[Edited 2006-02-26 23:41:38]
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

Aleksandar

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:28 am

Quoting Jap (Reply 122):
I have a BOYfriend... as for getting laid... well, that's going ok too

Good to know there's no need to worry about it  Wink So, keep on having fun, kids  old 

Seriously, I'm glad you told us about Kaz. I wish there was no need for that at first place, but....Anyway, I'm really sorry that she made such a decision.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

NoUFO

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:03 am

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 96):
Quoting NoUFO (Reply 89):
I don't stomp in like an elephant on speed only to insult other people.

I think you took my post a bit too seriously.

The elephant metaphor wasn't directed to you. Sorry if it wasn't clear enough.

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 109):
There's no "your" pic about it, because it wasn't my pic. If you're going to have a go, take it out on the person who made it.

Are you serious? You posted the picture, and it's absolutely irrelevant who actually took it. If I was going to post all those nasty and disgusting stuff that hides somewhere on the web, I would be the one who gets banned - and rightfully so. You used it, it was your action, so don't put the blame on the one who took the picture.
I support the right to arm bears

SWISSER

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:54 am

WTF?

I' am one weekend not reading A.net and one of the most remarkable members decided to leave?
If A.net was Manhattan, then we just lost the Empire State Building...
Or maybe Sabena332 is the ESB, and Kaz the Chrysler building, even then!

Altough I respect the issues for leaving Kaz.

Seeya soon somewhere!
What time is top of descent?

planesarecool

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:11 am

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 124):
You used it, it was your action, so don't put the blame on the one who took the picture.

Did i say the one who took the picture? No i said the one who made it (i.e. the person who added the "Raise your hand if you care"). Sure, i'm partly to blame, but -as the picture implied- i don't really care. Lighten up for goodness sake.

ANCFlyer

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:16 am

Quoting Jap (Reply 122):
 bigthumbsup thank you!  silly  I do believe kaddyuk can confirm that with 100% certainty biggrin 

My Hero!!!!  laughing 

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 126):
Did i say the one who took the picture? No i said the one who made it (i.e. the person who added the "Raise your hand if you care"). Sure, i'm partly to blame, but -as the picture implied- i don't really care. Lighten up for goodness sake.

Lighten up . . . if you don't care, don't post . . . it's a simple concept really . . . is it that difficult to grasp???
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

planesarecool

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:51 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 127):
Lighten up . . . if you don't care, don't post . . . it's a simple concept really . . . is it that difficult to grasp???

Did you say that to every other person who's posted a similar post?

GulfStreamGirl

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:58 am

"Did you say that to every other person who's posted a similar post?"

He doesn't have to

Jap, great post babe, u hit the nail (if we can call them nails, more like bricks) on the head  Smile

GulfStreamGirl

jap
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:59 am

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 128):

No one has EVER posted a picture as extreme as this one- and if they did, they would've gotten roughly the same replies and their post would've been removed too!

End of story! It isn't what this thread is about either!

planesarecool

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:09 am

Quoting Jap (Reply 130):
No one has EVER posted a picture as extreme as this one- and if they did, they would've gotten roughly the same replies and their post would've been removed too!

You must be pretty sad if you've checked every thread in the history of Airliners.net. And yes, people have posted that exact same photo, and similar ones.

Quoting GulfStreamGirl (Reply 129):
He doesn't have to

Sorry but he says:

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 127):
if you don't care, don't post . . . it's a simple concept really . . . is it that difficult to grasp???

then yes he does have to, if he's going to say that to me. Its a little thing called equality.

jap
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:19 am

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 131):
You must be pretty sad if you've checked every thread in the history of Airliners.net. And yes, people have posted that exact same photo, and similar ones.

nnnndeeeerrr... apparently, you're the one who checked all the posts in the history of a.net since you posess such incredible information... and I still believe they got the same treatment as you are receiving here.. and if they didn't, they should have! Once again, end of story!

If you're so unhappy and absolutely have to whine about this, make your own bloody thread! The image is gone! Boo hoo, but that's the truth!

Quoting GulfStreamGirl (Reply 129):

Jap, great post babe, u hit the nail (if we can call them nails, more like bricks) on the head Smile

Thank you  Smile

planesarecool

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:27 am

Quoting Jap (Reply 132):
nnnndeeeerrr... apparently, you're the one who checked all the posts in the history of a.net since you posess such incredible information...

No, i haven't checked every thread which makes my claim even stronger because i've only seen some threads and seen the pics.

Quoting Jap (Reply 132):
If you're so unhappy and absolutely have to whine about this, make your own bloody thread! The image is gone! Boo hoo, but that's the truth!

Me whining? That's rich....

Quoting Jap (Reply 132):
If you're so unhappy and absolutely have to whine about this, make your own bloody thread!

Like i said, you're the one whining.

ANCFlyer

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:40 am

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 128):

Yup.

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 131):
then yes he does have to, if he's going to say that to me. Its a little thing called equality.

Tit for Tat . . . I quit that in the 3rd grade.

Next?

planesarecool

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:49 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 134):
Yup.

So you, like Jap, obviously examine every single thread to make sure that no such pictures are posted, and when they are, you tell each and every poster of them that if they don't care, they shouldn't post. Right....you're cool... Yeah sure

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 134):
Tit for Tat . . . I quit that in the 3rd grade.

Congrats...

ANCFlyer

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 135):
So you, like Jap, obviously examine every single thread to make sure that no such pictures are posted, and when they are, you tell each and every poster of them that if they don't care, they shouldn't post. Right....you're cool...

I, unfortunately missed the picture, I was only responding to the post you made immediately prior to mine . . .

I'm sure, however, the picture had to be tasteless and without quality or value, since everyone seemed to the think it was inappropriate . . .

Not that I'm a bandwagon jumper - I just learned early on in life that descretion is the better part of valor . . . you apparently have neither.

planesarecool

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:39 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 136):
I, unfortunately missed the picture, I was only responding to the post you made immediately prior to mine . . .

So you're commenting on something you didn't even see?

since everyone seemed to the think it was inappropriate . . .

Bit of a generalisation there...since there are over 6 billion people in the world, and this thread has only been viewed 2700 times...and I've received many Pm's from people who obviously didn't think it was inappropriate..or at least didn't start crying about it.

descretion

You obviously didn't learn how to spell early on in life.

you apparently have neither.

Like i said previously in the thread, judge me when you know me

Klaus

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:45 pm

Knock it off, Pac, the picture was beyond tasteless and completely indefensible, especially in this context. You're doing yourself no favours by trying to justify your post. Just be thankful that it was merely deleted.

ANCFlyer

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:47 pm

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 137):
So you're commenting on something you didn't even see?

Noooo, a little reading comp problem here . . . let me restate it for you:

I was only responding to the post you made immediately prior to mine . . .

Is that better - I narrowed it down quite a bit for you . . . . other than drawing a picture, I'm not sure what else I can do to make it clearer - perhaps have my 11 year old explain it to you???

...and I've received many Pm's from people who obviously didn't think it was inappropriate..or at least didn't start crying about it.

And don't have the balls to agree with it in public . . . which makes their credibility worthless IMO.

descretion

You obviously didn't learn how to spell early on in life.

Oh, shit you got me . . . "i" not "e" . . . holy smokes . . . my bad . . . a typo! Oh my goodness, whatever shall I do . . .  sarcastic 

jumbojim747

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:09 pm

All the best Kaz .
She was always a pleasure to chat too and personally i think she was a very nice person.
Also from memory she had a RR of over 80 .
That's a lot to throw away if She was seeking attention don't you think ?
I think if kaz has made a decision like this she has a very good reason to do it.
See you soon Kaz.
Cheers
On a wing and a prayer

atco2b

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:22 pm

Sorry to hear this info  Sad

All the best Kaz, good luck in whatever avenue you decide to follow. Was great meeting you last summer. Take care  Smile
Hey, you want to go out for pizza and some sex? What, you don't like pizza?

[email protected]

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:37 pm

Don't have time to read all the sob posts, but congrats on getting a life Kaz.  Wink

[email protected]
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

ndebelebev

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:46 pm

Ok. Thanks to Janni for creating this thread and informing us all of Kaz's decision. However after reading this thread I fully understand why she has left. Seems this place has a few small minded people who don't give a toss about anyone but themselves. Yes its sad she decided to leave but spare us the pathetic comments and just don't post at all if you're not interested.

Good luck with life Kaz and I'm sure you will keep in touch with whoever you want to.

Bev xx
Her Pose Is That Of Someone... Who Knows It All And Is In Total Control Of Her World... Little Does She Know...

ndebelebev

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:46 pm

Ok. Thanks to Janni for creating this thread and informing us all of Kaz's decision. However after reading this thread I fully understand why she has left. Seems this place has a few small minded people who don't give a toss about anyone but themselves. Yes its sad she decided to leave but spare us the pathetic comments and just don't post at all if you're not interested.

Good luck with life Kaz and I'm sure you will keep in touch with whoever you want to.

Bev xx
Her Pose Is That Of Someone... Who Knows It All And Is In Total Control Of Her World... Little Does She Know...

ndebelebev

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:47 pm

Dunno why my last post got in twice lol

Bev xx

BigOrange

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:30 am

Sorry to hear Kaz has gone, but I'm sure she knows what she's doing.

Whatever the problem, hope it sorts itself out for you Kaz.

Good luck with everything including the new job, and if you're ever headed to New York let me know, I'll be glad to arrange a mini NY meet for you!

Mark

PIA777

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:38 am

Everytime one of my threads gets deleted for inappropriate comments
I always tell myself, that I will never go back to a.net and I always
do. Can't stay away.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

ShyFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:06 am

Sadly, I never got to know Kaz except for her posts here and the accounts of the many A.net meets. By reading those, I am sure that there isn't a dull moment when she is around, so I would have enjoyed meeting her.  thumbsup 

Good luck to you in all of your endevors, Kaz. If you ever find yourself in the Great Southwest, drop me a line.
I lift things up and put them down.