Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

deltaffindfw
Topic Author

SF Chron Reports Barry Bonds Used Steriods

Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:39 am

What a shock...

NEW YORK (SI.com) -- Beginning in 1998 with injections in his buttocks of Winstrol, a powerful steroid, Barry Bonds took a wide array of performance-enhancing drugs over at least five seasons in a massive doping regimen that grew more sophisticated as the years went on, according to Game of Shadows, a book written by two San Francisco Chronicle reporters at the forefront of reporting on the BALCO steroid distribution scandal.

(An excerpt of Game of Shadows that details Bonds' steroid use appears exclusively in the March 13 issue of Sports Illustrated, which is available on newsstands beginning on Wednesday. The book's publication date is March 27.)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...06/news.excerpt/index.html?cnn=yes

deltagator

RE: SF Chron Reports Barry Bonds Used Steriods

Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:44 am

Take a look at him when he started with the Pirates versus the year he hit 70+ homers. That bulk didn't come from just working out. I think Bonds is one of the biggest spoiled brats in baseball and welcome his fall from grace. Perhaps he'll get an asterisk next to his name for most homeruns in a season. Hopefully he won't break the all-time record for homers. Hank Aaron is a much better man than Barry could ever hope to be.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

halls120

Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:03 am

Quoting DeltaFFinDFW (Thread starter):
What a shock...

NEW YORK (SI.com) -- Beginning in 1998 with injections in his buttocks of Winstrol, a powerful steroid, Barry Bonds took a wide array of performance-enhancing drugs over at least five seasons in a massive doping regimen that grew more sophisticated as the years went on, according to Game of Shadows, a book written by two San Francisco Chronicle reporters at the forefront of reporting on the BALCO steroid distribution scandal.

I know I'm shocked.  sarcastic 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

aerobalance

Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:04 am

Hank Aaron is a much better man than Barry could ever hope to be.

The truth is harsh but oh so sweet.
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

sean1234

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:21 am

He used, "trenbolone, a steroid created to improve the muscle quality of cattle." I wonder if this is all worth it to him. Forget about your baseball, what about your body and healthy life?

texan

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:28 am

SF Chron Reports Barry Bonds Used Steriods

Dallas Morning News Reports Summer Will Be Hot

What a revelation Smile

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

AerospaceFan

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:55 am

Beginning in 1998 with injections in his buttocks of Winstrol, a powerful steroid, Barry Bonds took a wide array of performance-enhancing drugs over at least five seasons in a massive doping regimen that grew more sophisticated as the years went on, according to Game of Shadows, a book written by two San Francisco Chronicle reporters at the forefront of reporting on the BALCO steroid distribution scandal.

If this is true, it only means that the last vestige of purity in baseball has disappeared.

I do wonder: Will they take away his records?
What's fair is fair.

searpqx

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:02 am

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 6):
If this is true, it only means that the last vestige of purity in baseball has disappeared.

While the statement may be true - linking Bonds to any sense of 'purity' in baseball is a little far fetched. Anybody with eyes has known that Bonds doped, let alone the reports that have been out there for a couple of years.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

AerospaceFan

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:05 am

Quoting Searpqx (Reply 7):
While the statement may be true - linking Bonds to any sense of 'purity' in baseball is a little far fetched. Anybody with eyes has known that Bonds doped, let alone the reports that have been out there for a couple of years.

I only made the statement because I saw a video of Bonds signing autographs at a baseball game during one of today's stories about the book on CNN. It's rarer and rarer that anyone except a Hollywood celeb gets asked by fans for signatures, these days.

[Edited 2006-03-07 23:07:47]
What's fair is fair.

Mir

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:38 am

In related news, George Bush has been discovered to be a Republican....

Is anyone really suprised by this?

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 8):
I only made the statement because I saw a video of Bonds signing autographs at a baseball game during one of today's stories about the book on CNN. It's rarer and rarer that anyone except a Hollywood celeb gets asked by fans for signatures, these days.

Players get asked for signatures on a regular basis, and not just Barry Bonds, pretty much everyone who has made a least a bit of a name for themselves. Spring training is a hotbed of autograph seekers, from what I've heard.

They ought to.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

AerospaceFan

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:15 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 9):
Players get asked for signatures on a regular basis, and not just Barry Bonds, pretty much everyone who has made a least a bit of a name for themselves. Spring training is a hotbed of autograph seekers, from what I've heard.

Thanks for that information.  Smile

Quoting Mir (Reply 9):
They ought to.

If the allegations are true, I agree!
What's fair is fair.

deltagator

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:29 am

I sure hope so. Vernon Maxwell was probably the greatest basketball player in University of Florida history but you'll never find his name in the record books. You spend a couple of seasons high on cocaine and you get tossed from the record books. You roll the dice and you take your chances. Barry apparently thought a small pecker and back acne was worth the home run record and he got caught.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

deltagator

Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:47 pm

JetJock22

Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:51 pm

Damnit Gator, you beat me to it. Great article though isn't it? Barry Bonds will see the firey gates of hell before he sees the halls of Cooperstown. And rightfully so.

deltagator

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:11 pm

Sorry about that. Although he says he won't talk about it I can't wait to see his press conference where he acts like an ass and blames everyone for hating him and how it is all a conspiracy against him. I bet he'll drop something in there about how nobody wants him as a black man to have the homerun record...uh Barry, you might want to check the record books again...Babe Ruth is 2 and Hank Aaron is first. Last time I checked he was a black guy.

I can't wait to get tickets for when the Giants come to ATL. I've got to come up with a witty sign and funny heckles to holler at his cheating ass.

itsjustme

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:23 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 14):
Although he says he won't talk about it I can't wait to see his press conference where he acts like an ass

He won't be acting....he truly is an ass. He should be stripped of his records and banned from the sport. I hope his balls shrivel up and fall off, too.

halls120

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:48 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 14):
I bet he'll drop something in there about how nobody wants him as a black man to have the homerun record...uh Barry, you might want to check the record books again...Babe Ruth is 2 and Hank Aaron is first. Last time I checked he was a black guy.

And Aaron didn't use steriods to break Ruth's record.....
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography