Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

777DadandJr
Topic Author

My A.net Friends, Please Pray For My Mom

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:03 am

Good Day All,

I would like to make a request to all my family on A.net.
Please say a prayer for my Mom, as I have just found out she has had another stroke.
She had one about 6 years ago, and has all but recovered. She lost some use of here left arm/hand and leg, but otherwise recovered well.
I am awaiting a call from my stepfather when they arrive at the hospital. I am trying to keep myself occupied until I hear from him.
I will keep you updated on her progress.
Thanks in advance for the prayers.

Russ
My glass is neither 1/2 empty nor 1/2 full, rather, the glass itself is twice as big as it should be.

dsa

RE: My A.net Friends, Please Pray For My Mom

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:09 am

Hi

I hope your mom is OK, Losing a mother is a tragic loss the bond between a mother and a child is so strong.

DSA>>>
Go Skybus!!!!

TuffGong

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:16 am

Heres to hoping your mom will be alright Russ, i'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Meet you at the Ol' Yacht club for a pint.

skysurfer

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:19 am

I don't pray, but i'm certainly hoping that your mother will pull through ok and i've got my fingers crossed  Smile Keep us informed!

Stu
In the dark you can't see ugly, but you can feel fat

msllsmith

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:22 am

Yes, I'll be thinking of your Mother and of you. Be strong for her. I hope you have friends around... other than all of us of course.

When you have time, keep us updated, please.

LL Smith
There's nothing more beautiful than flying into the dawn.

BradWray

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:37 am

Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your mother!

We are always here buddy if you ever need to talk so feel free to email me if you need to talk and I'm sure everybody else will be happy for you to contact them for a kind, comforting chat.

Just keep your hopes high and be confident, this will help your mother. If she See's you in a bad state she will be effected so keep smiling and hoping  Smile

Take care and look after your mother for us and more so, for yourself!
Hamilton: English for 'Alonso's bitch' :D

boeingfanyyz

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:42 am

Even though I dont pray, I will most certainly keep your mother in the back of my mind. My Grandmother went through the same thing, so I hate hearing about stroke-related illnesses.

In the mean time, however, keep yourself busy. Head out to MDT for a few hours...that'll probably keep you occupied!

Cheers,
Boeingfanyyz  airplane 
"If it aint boeing, it aint going!", "Friends are like condoms...they protect you when things get hard!"

boeingfanyyz

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:42 am

Even though I dont pray, I will most certainly keep your mother in the back of my mind. My Grandmother went through the same thing, so I hate hearing about stroke-related illnesses.

In the mean time, however, keep yourself busy. Head out to MDT for a few hours...that'll probably keep you occupied!

Cheers,
Boeingfanyyz  airplane 
"If it aint boeing, it aint going!", "Friends are like condoms...they protect you when things get hard!"

777DadandJr
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:18 am

Thank you all for your thought.
I just got a call from my stepdad that she has had a massive stroke. She has a living will with a non-resuscitation order, so I am leaving for the hospital now. The doctors think she only has a couple of hours.
Your thoughts are appreciated.
Thank You,
Russ
My glass is neither 1/2 empty nor 1/2 full, rather, the glass itself is twice as big as it should be.

767Lover

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:20 am

Wow. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. Big hugs to you.

Aeroflot777

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:30 am

I sincerely hope your mom is doing ok, I'm sure she will get better very soon. I wish her best of everything. Update us on her condition!

Aeroflot777

baylorairbear

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:34 am

Russ, you all are in my thoughts. My marines have added your mother to their prayer list, and right now she is being held by a thousand warm arms from every side of the world. God bless.

BAB
I'm just skipping stones...

Mir

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:36 am

That's awful to hear. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Best wishes,

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

NeilYYZ

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:59 am

I'll be praying for her mate. Be strong.

- Neil
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

yowza

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:09 am

I'm not a religious guy, but your Mom will be in my thoughts. I wish her and your entire family well. I hope you guys can find strength in each other at this difficult time.

YOWza

777DadandJr
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:03 am

Thank You guys for all your thoughts, prayers and concerns. I can't expess how much your words have meant to me and my family.

My mom's condition has not changed. The doctor's have basically told us to prepare for the inevitable. They are unable to give us any time frame. It could be hours, days or weeks.
She is breathing on her own, and not on life support. She is more or less in a coma. They are going to move her into a special room because she is an organ donor. I guess they need to be prepared, whenever the time may come.

I have been in touch with all my family members, all of which live out of town. We are holding together for now.
I have been trying to prepare myself for what seems the likely end of my mother's life. But, it is very hard.

I thank you all again, for your support. I will keep you updated.

Russ

AerospaceFan

Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:07 am

Quoting 777DadandJr (Thread starter):
Good Day All,

Please say a prayer for my Mom, as I have just found out she has had another stroke.

Russ, consider it done. My thoughts and prayers are for your Mom, you, and the rest of your family.

Quoting 777DadandJr (Reply 15):
My mom's condition has not changed. The doctor's have basically told us to prepare for the inevitable. They are unable to give us any time frame. It could be hours, days or weeks.
She is breathing on her own, and not on life support. She is more or less in a coma. They are going to move her into a special room because she is an organ donor. I guess they need to be prepared, whenever the time may come.

This is very sad news indeed, Russ. Thank you very much for keeping us informed, and may God bless and keep all of you during these trying times.
What's fair is fair.

airworlda320

Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:13 am

All the best to you and your Mum 777, no doubt all of us here on a.net are thinking of you at this time.

[Edited 2006-03-13 02:16:41]
Pull off kid, it ill go.

Daleaholic

Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:17 am

I feel for you. Do what the doctors have said and prepare for the worst. Losing a parent is horrible  Sad I hope you mother can beat the odds and pull through  Smile
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

luv2fly

Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:21 am

My thoughts go out to you and your family during this most difficult and trying of time.
You can cut the irony with a knife

BMIFlyer

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:36 am

Oh God  Sad

I know exactly how you feel (my mom had a stroke recently).

Hope she pulls thru man.

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

777DadandJr
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:53 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 20):
I know exactly how you feel (my mom had a stroke recently).

Hope she pulls thru man.

Thanks Lee.
I am trying to keep the faith, but I am also a realist. I am prepared to say goodbye, if I must, however hard it may be.
I think back to her first stroke. I thought it was the end, back then, and I feel blessed to have had 6 more wonderful years with her.

I hope your Mom is doing well.

Thanks for the concern.

Russ

BMIFlyer

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:06 pm

Quoting 777DadandJr (Reply 21):
I hope your Mom is doing well

She was in Hospital for 4 months, and at one point was only 24 hours from death, so said the medical team who treated her. She has sustained brain damage, and now is back at home but she isn't the same woman anymore.

Whenever I go over to my parents, she still forgets who I am  Sad

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

SESGDL

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:20 pm

I feel for you and your family. I sincerely hope that your mother miraculously recovers, but if not, I hope that you and your family are okay. I hope everything works out for the best. You and your family, as well as your mother will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeremy

oldman55

Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:29 pm

So sorry to hear about you Mother. I hope she pulls thru, and if not
god forbid I hope she does not linger. My dad died of a stroke and he was gone in about 12 hours. What a shock. I am not very religious but I,ll keep you and your family in my thoughts.Take care of yourselves

Rick
too bad most of us get too soon old and too late smart

aerobalance

Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:40 pm

Russ, your mother, you and your family are in my prayers.
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

vaporlock

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:11 pm

Russ, I am sorry to hear about your mom.

Your mom is in my prayers as well as yourself and family at this extremely tough time.

Phyllis

yegmaster

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:14 pm

Consider it done.
Whatever the outcome, it will be His will.
May that be of some comfort.

Garri767

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:18 pm

Russ, Very Very sorry, I can't Even begin to think how that feels, You have been in my prayers for the past few days and will continue to do so. God bless you.

Garri767
Two wrongs may not make a right, but three lefts do!

saxdiva

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:50 pm

Russ--I'm very sorry for what you and your family are going through. You're in my thoughts.

Best,
Leanne
See terms for details....

ABfemme

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:53 pm

Russ

My Thoughts and hopes are with you and your family, I am sending you a hug........

Kind regards

Claire xx
Women do not have hot flushes, they have power surges

ME AVN FAN

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:03 pm

Best wishes, in spite of the bad news. Prepare for the worst, but do NOT give up hope as long as there is any hope. And primarily think of all you had with her, and NOT what still might have been.

raffik

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:15 pm

Russ

I hope you don't give up hope and that your mother, in some way, pulls through. If not, hold on to the wonderful memories you shared.
- Alec

windshear

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:32 pm

Count my best wishes in...

Hope you are ok??

Boaz.
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

Aleksandar

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:38 pm

I am really sorry to hear that  Sad and I do hope that there is a chance for your mother to pulls through.

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 22):

It must be painful for you to see her in that condition. It is never easy.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

dl021

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:47 pm

You have my prayers and best wishes for her recovery. Now is the time to lean on friends.

DL021
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

frequentflyer

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:52 pm

Hey Russ:

My prayers, thoughts and Good Wishes are for you, your Mother, your Family.

Am sure you'll be strong

Pat
Take off and live

flyingbabydoc

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:53 pm

I join the list and wish you peace and strenght during this difficult time. Medicine can do a lot nowadays, hopefully that will be the case.

All my best wishes to you and your family.

Alex
Marriage is the art of turning a lover into a relative

sv7887

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:55 pm

Quoting 777DadandJr (Thread starter):
Good Day All,

She had one about 6 years ago, and has all but recovered. She lost some use of here left arm/hand and leg, but otherwise recovered well.

Russ,
Please accept my sympathies, I hope things work out for you!

Sincerely,
Sam

texan

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:22 am

Russ,

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

ctbarnes

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:45 am

Quoting 777DadandJr (Reply 15):

That's correct. They need to keep her on life support in order for her organs to be viable.

Take care and please know you and your family are in my prayers!

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

777DadandJr
Topic Author

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:53 am

Dear friends,
Thank you again for all the thought, prayers and concerns. They are greatly apprieciated.

My mother's condition has not improved. The hemmoraging in her brain continues, and the prognosis in not good. She has been moved to a medical surgical ICU area at the hospital. This is a special area of the hospital, essentially, a staging area for organ donor patients, where they can be prepped for organ harvesting immediately upon their death. The doctors cannot give us any definate time frame, but their feeling is that it won't be more than a day or so. The hemmoraging will eventually suffocate her brain, and she wil die. She does not seem to be in any pain.
I think the waiting for the inevitable is much harder than actually dealing with the inevitable.
I am comforted by the fact that when she does die, it will not be in vain, for she will live on in those whose are the recipients of the gift of life she has given them.

Thank you all, my friends. Thank you for your kind words. It does my heart well.
I will keep you posted.

Russ

Aleksandar

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:03 am

Quoting 777DadandJr (Reply 41):
I think the waiting for the inevitable is much harder than actually dealing with the inevitable.

Everything is hard in its own way. I really feel sorry for you and I can only guess how you feel at the moment.

Thank you all, my friends.

The least any of us can do now is to offer some kind of comfort to you at this moment. I'm sure we would do more for you and for your mother if we could. So, stay strong, Russ.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

sleekjet

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:18 am

Russ: I certainly am praying. I want to thank her and your family for considering organ donation. My great-nephew is alive and well today because he received a liver from a donor. He is two years old and would not have seen his 3rd birthday without a new liver.

Should your mom not recover, you can take solace in the fact that she will live on through the lives of those who receive her organs. You can't imagine what this will mean to them and their families.

I'm praying for her and for you; that God will give you peace and strength through this.

Tim Perkins
II Cor. 4:17-18

ctbarnes

Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:02 am

I am comforted by the fact that when she does die, it will not be in vain, for she will live on in those whose are the recipients of the gift of life she has given them.

Absolutely true. The uncertainty is the worst. The grace, as you say, is that she does not appear to be suffering.

She will definately live on in the hearts and memories of both you and your family. You are her living legacies, and to that end she has done an increadible job.

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

redngold

Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:18 am

Russ,

My father had (rather minor) surgery today and of course it reminded me of his mortality. We are never ready to lose our parents even when we feel most independent of them.

If you have already decided - or are following her wishes - to donate her organs, you are doing a wonderful thing. By doing this you are not giving up hope, rather you are converting your hope for her life into hope for the lives of others.

May God give you strength, peace, and hope of blessings to come, and may He hold your mother in His everlasting arms.

redngold
Up, up and away!

LO231

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:45 pm

Russ; I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. It reminds me of mine, a year ago. She had a stroke, was in a coma for 5 weeks and passed away. It was tough times, I'm still having problems with it, but remember good times.

I always do when I think of my mom and I'm certainly thinking of yours now and whatever the outcome will be, hang in there.

Quoting 777DadandJr (Reply 21):
I thought it was the end, back then, and I feel blessed to have had 6 more wonderful years with her.

See? Now you're talking!

Best regards,
Peter
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

frequentflyer

Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:38 am

Thank you all, my friends. Thank you for your kind words. It does my heart well.
I will keep you posted.

Hey Russ, listen I think you are doing strong here under the circumstances, you show us you care and remain strong that's admirable.

Please keep us posted, we're with you and you inspire us all

God bless,

Pat
Take off and live

777DadandJr
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:37 am

Dear Friends,
This is day three, and there is still no change.
My mom continues to rest comfortably. Though she is on a ventilator, she looks peaceful, almost like she is sleeping. She is non responsive to any stimuli, and one of her pupils is fixed and dilated. Barring a miracle, the doctor's feel that her condition is non-recoverable. Though it is difficult to set any timeline, the family is preparing for the inevitable.
As for my mom, she seems at peace and not in any pain.

I know she would be tickled pink to know of all the prayers and well-wishes she has recieved from her adopted, world-wide A.net family!

You guys are the best!

I will keep you posted..
Thanks you from me and my entire family.

Russ

capicuuu

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:43 am

Russ,

More of a lurker here than anything else, but I just wanted to join with everyone else in a prayer for your mother. My mother has been on a decline in her health for the past 5 years (im in NY as she had a triple bypass 2 weeks ago) and I know how it feels.

Whatever may happen, rest assured that many are thinking of her right now.

Regards,

Jose