Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aa61hvy
Topic Author

Any Drug Detox Drinks/pills Anyone Recommends?

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:18 am

I have a drug test on May 22nd. I want to ensure the 'toxins' are out of my body; starting Sunday (after a Paul Oakenfold Concert I'm going to). Does anyone recommend any drinks or pills to clense the system? I typically drink a gallon of water daily and I exercise 5-6 days a week.

Thanks
Go big or go home

AsstChiefMark

RE: Any Drug Detox Drinks/pills Anyone Recommends?

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:28 am

Most of the newest drug tests don't just look for drugs. They also look for the things that people use to flush their bodies of drugs.

They look at specific gravity, pH, ammonia levels, creatinine levels, electrolyte levels, etc. I've known people whose blood and/or urine was "too clean." And "too clean" is considered a positive test result in many places.

Oh, the wonders of gas chromatography-mass spectrometry!

Six weeks might be long enough for lipophillic drugs to get out of your system. It depends on how much the company paying for the test wants to spend. Highly sensitive tests are much more expensive than the less-sensitive ones.

Mark

[Edited 2006-04-06 23:33:40]
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

aa61hvy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:51 am

I'm not looking for a quick fix. I was looking for something that will completely get rid of it. I found a site my friend told me about that has a permanent detox kit, but its $109, so I am unsure if I should get it.
Go big or go home

An-225

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:55 am

Well, did you use anything at all? Some drugs require 6 months to be completely out of your system.

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

aa61hvy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:56 am

Pot doesn't stay in your system that long-well unless you're sendentary
Go big or go home

MD11Engineer

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:00 am

Do they do a hair test? Then it helps to shave the noggin before, because traces of drugs get stored in the hair and can be detected in a hair sample.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

aa61hvy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:01 am

I'm sorry I should have specified. It's just a urine test.
Go big or go home

ctbarnes

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:06 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Thread starter):
I have a drug test on May 22nd. I want to ensure the 'toxins' are out of my body; starting Sunday (after a Paul Oakenfold Concert I'm going to). Does anyone recommend any drinks or pills to clense the system? I typically drink a gallon of water daily and I exercise 5-6 days a week.

Well, there is always the option of not using the "toxins" in the first place...

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

WellHung

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:15 am

Quoting Ctbarnes (Reply 7):
Well, there is always the option of not using the "toxins" in the first place...

rotfl 

aa61hvy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:15 am

There is also an option not to post in a thread.
Go big or go home

JAGflyer

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:17 am

This is not the place to ask for how to pass a drug test. I suggest you don't indulge in any "toxins".
If you flew today, thank a Flight Dispatcher!

ILOVEA340

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:17 am

Just don't use drugs!

It's really not that hard of a concept. If you know your gonna be tested why take the risk?

I fly at a part 141 flight school that has the authority to randomly test, simple solution... DON'T USE ANY ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES!

I can't believe that people actually risk this! In my mind it reflects very poorly on both the persons character and common sense. I don't mean that as a personal attack but just think about it for a while, are you really gettig so much pleasure from that illegal substance so as to justify the anxiety related to the testing for said substance in the future?

Sabena332

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:22 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 4):
Pot doesn't stay in your system that long-well unless you're sendentary

Be careful, pot can stay in your body for several weeks or even months. A friend thought that it was enough to quit two weeks before his test, that was a fatal mistake.

Fortunately most German companies and authorities don't test on marijuana but only on hard drugs, I don't know if it is the same in the USA.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

aa61hvy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:23 am

Quoting JAGflyer (Reply 10):
This is not the place to ask for how to pass a drug test. I suggest you don't indulge in any "toxins".

Then what is it for? Asking for girl advice? Asking what plane looks the sexiest? Asking what your favorite song is? Why isn't this a place to ask?

For those naysayers, don't judge. You don't know me.
Go big or go home

ctbarnes

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:24 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 9):
There is also an option not to post in a thread.

Awww. Did someone tell you something you didn't want to hear?

Too bad.

Charles, SJ

[Edited 2006-04-07 00:25:59]

carmenlu15

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:25 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 12):

The expert has spoken. Big grin

As for the thread starter, what exactly do you want your body to get rid of? Not being nosy, I just think you might get a more specific answer this way.
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

WellHung

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:29 am

This advice to not use drugs is all well and good... if you're like 12 years old - or a complete tool. Dude is just a college kid who wants to have a good time. And if that means smoking weed or using extacy every now and then to mellow out and counteract his roid rage, so be it.

AsstChiefMark

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:29 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 12):
pot can stay in your body for several weeks or even months

It's one of those lipophilic drugs. It loves to bind with fat cells as long as possible. All the water in the world won't "loosen" it.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

ctbarnes

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:34 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 16):
This advice to not use drugs is all well and good... if you're like 12 years old - or a complete tool. Dude is just a college kid who wants to have a good time. And if that means smoking weed or using extacy every now and then to mellow out and counteract his roid rage, so be it.

IMHO, I think the wider subtext is, "I can do anything I damn well please and I don't have to be accountable for it."

Charles, SJ

maury

AA61, you're getting pointless "don't take toxins" advice from the same folks who brought you faux birth control: "If you'd kept those legs closed, missy, you wouldn't be in trouble." Advisors: it seems AA61 might already have ingested some "toxins." Thanks for the loan of your lock, but the horse has left the barn already.

Google around a bit and you'll find a couple of sites that go into the pros and cons of various flushing potions. Also, from empirical observation, it seems a lot of UAs aren't very stringent -- at least the people I know who've taken and passed 'em certainly should've been caught by any halfway discriminatory test!

It's a funny world. I was in a local alternative emporium the other day, and a Marine recruiter (the full dress uniform gave it away) came in, dragging a late-teen and asking the clerk for "...that stuff you gave me last time. This kid needs to pass!" Hmmm.

LHMark

AA61hvy, a friend of mine who 'indulges' just had to clear a drug test they suddenly imposed at his job. He sailed through clean.

Try Here for some helpful stuff.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

WellHung

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:56 am

Quoting Ctbarnes (Reply 18):
IMHO, I think the wider subtext is, "I can do anything I damn well please and I don't have to be accountable for it."

That might be the case if he already failed the drug test and was looking for a way or excuse to nullify the results. The question is not whether you have used the drugs in the past, it's whether they show up in your system at the time of the test when you are about to start the job. Employers are not so naive to think everyone they hire has never used drugs. If they were so concerned, there would not be any warning, they would use the hair method and they would go into exhaustive background checks, etc. He is taking responsibility by trying to make sure it doesn't show up.

aa61hvy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:59 am

Thanks for most of the responses.

As I said before you don't know me, so don't judge me.

Discussing with some of my 'toxin' buddies, I think I'm going to get that $110 test. On top of my active lifestyle and drinking a lot of water/cranberry juice.

I'd rather be a pot head than a crack head.
Go big or go home

KROC

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:23 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 16):

He would have to stay high to counteract the roid rage. Besides, what does it say if dude needs illegal substances or better yet substances that make you stupid to have a good time? Ever meet a 50 year old burnout? A complete waste of air. How do you think it starts? By being a college kid without the ability to think on his own.

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 22):
I said before you don't know me, so don't judge me.

I know you and you're pretty much a burnout.  Wink Stick to your Shirly Temples.

aa61hvy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:29 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 23):
He would have to stay high to counteract the roidrnrage. Besides, what does it say if dude needs illegal substances orrnbetter yet substances that make you stupid to have a good time? Everrnmeet a 50 year old burnout? A complete waste of air. How do you thinkrnit starts? By being a college kid without the ability to think on hisrnown.

You sound like a responsible adult. I guess a lot happened while I was on my hiatus. I liked the old KROC better  Wink

Plus no amount of weed, x, morphine etc could ever rid me of my roid rage. It's forever here  Wink
Go big or go home

KROC

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:33 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 24):
Go big or go home

"Don't do dope or no job"

WellHung

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:54 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 23):
Besides, what does it say if dude needs illegal substances or better yet substances that make you stupid to have a good time? Ever meet a 50 year old burnout? A complete waste of air. How do you think it starts? By being a college kid without the ability to think on his own.

Then again, some of them become President...

KROC

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:00 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 26):

True, but would you want to be that guy and all the crap he takes? I mean seriously, if I was GWB and took a read of these forums and saw a bunch of Euros, little kids, and American Communists (see Superfly), all acting like they know how the world works...I'd spend my days frying my brain too.

TWA902fly

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:02 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 26):

... as an example of achievement?

'902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

WellHung

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:14 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 27):
if I was GWB and took a read

Yeah, right... he'd have one of his babysitters convert it into pop-up format and read it to him.

greasespot

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:24 am

Come to Canada...Companies here cannot random drug test...hell i am not even sure they can test at work if there is an incident.....Well unless your a pro athelete...Or become a pro athlete and you will have the best doctors trying to ensure you pass.

GS

Since no one has asked I will.

Just what toxins are we trying to rid ourselves of Mr. AA61Hvy?

[Edited 2006-04-07 02:27:16]
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

dtwclipper

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:38 am

have a drug test on May 22nd. I want to ensure the 'toxins' are out of my body

If you can't control yourself for six weeks for a drug test, then do we really want you doing the job (whatever it is)?

Flame me now, but there has to be some disipline in your generation. If this is so important to you, just lay off the stuff.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

ctbarnes

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:45 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 21):
That might be the case if he already failed the drug test and was looking for a way or excuse to nullify the results. The question is not whether you have used the drugs in the past, it's whether they show up in your system at the time of the test when you are about to start the job.

In other words, we obey the letter of the law at the expense of the spirit? The ends have to justify the means, and at the end of the day it still comes down to trying to covering ones tracks after doing something one knows they're not supposed to.

Employers are not so naive to think everyone they hire has never used drugs. If they were so concerned, there would not be any warning, they would use the hair method and they would go into exhaustive background checks, etc.

Cost probably has something to do with it. A urine drug screen is the least expensive method. It is also a qualitiative test, meaning it just detects the presence, and does not say how much is there. It is most likely looked upon as a tradeoff between the desire for a drug-free workforce and cost and time associated in doing so.

He is taking responsibility by trying to make sure it doesn't show up.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 22):
As I said before you don't know me, so don't judge me.

OK, why are you taking steroids then in the first place?

Charles, SJ

KROC

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:45 am

Quoting Greasespot (Reply 30):
Just what toxins are we trying to rid ourselves of Mr. AA61Hvy?

Estrogen

luv2fly

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:55 am

Easy solution, do not take them in the first place! Wow college is paying off for you.
You can cut the irony with a knife

USAFHummer

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:00 am

Get a "Whizzinator"...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

UAL747

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:04 am

Seriously, you have 6 weeks. I highly doubt they are going to find anything in a simple urine test. I'm not sure how long weed stays in your body, but think about how many people indulge every once in a while! If their weed fest took 6 weeks to clear their system, a lot more people would be out of jobs, IMHO.

That said, "Drugs are bad, mmmkay..."

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

luv2fly

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:16 am

If they do a hair folicle test it can stay for almost a year.
You can cut the irony with a knife

aa61hvy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:34 am

I love the steroid implications. Haha

[Edited 2006-04-07 03:35:59]
Go big or go home

dtwclipper

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:43 am

I want to ensure the 'toxins' are out of my body; starting Sunday

How about:

http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

fumanchewd

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:44 am

Be safe and take mushrooms. They are out of your system in 48 hours.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

MSYtristar

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:48 am

I took something called "Colt 420" (stupid name I know) prior to a drug test back in the day and it worked like a charm. It was $40. It was basically an orange-flavored drink along with a pill of some sort...they had a guarantee on it, and it was developed by some doctor...after you drank the drink and took the pill you had to refill the bottle with water (it was about 16 oz) and drink the water...depending on your body weight you may have had to drink two bottles of water. In any case, I passed with flying colors.

But if you get a hair test, you're screwed.  Smile

CRJonBeez

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:00 am

That might be the case if he already failed the drug test and was looking for a way or excuse to nullify the results. The question is not whether you have used the drugs in the past, it's whether they show up in your system at the time of the test when you are about to start the job.

He is taking responsibility by trying to make sure it doesn't show up.

personally, i don't really care what you or anybody else does in their down time, so long as it doesn't have an effect on me in any way. i messed with weed and acid for a good long time. why did i stop? i had to get a job.

how in F#%%'S SAKE is it responsible to make sure it doesn't show up? is that to say that after all your little pot shots at bush, if YOU knew he did it, but the general public didn't, it would be ok?

responsible would be not taking the drug in the first place. need proof that something like x is damaging, i can mail you research from all over the world. the fact of the matter is, you're starting to sound like those people on fox news. how is he "taking responsibility" by doing something to "hide what is illegal." by definition, that would be a crime. since when is searching for a substance to hide drugs in your system NOT a way to nullify the results.

am i going to freak out about it? not really. but i feel that if you're going to try and pull some counterpoint argument out of your ass, you should review your message before you post it. your argument was absolutely horrible and seemed to show no ability to reason at all.

as for AA61Hvy, keep in mind that, like somebody prior said, a lot of those solutions will show up on the drug test. my suggestion, though it more than likely won't be taken, is to tough it out and not take whatever you plan on. i realize it's a shitty answer (i remember the first pink floyd light show i went to NOT on acid....boooooring) but it happens!

you better be careful though. if you KNOW you have a drug test and you're still going to try and find a way around it, are you just gonna do the same thing next time too? everybody trips up eventually, believe me! let me know how it goes though. i'm curious!

WellHung

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:11 am

Quoting Ctbarnes (Reply 32):
In other words, we obey the letter of the law at the expense of the spirit? The ends have to justify the means, and at the end of the day it still comes down to trying to covering ones tracks after doing something one knows they're not supposed to.

Then how would you describe the 'spirit' of the law? How long before the drug test does said 'spirit' go into effect? The company requires him to pass a drug test prior to employment to insure he is not under the influence of such substances while working there. And if it's out of his system, he isn't - THAT is the spirit of the law. It does not say he needs to be drug-free for ## days to be considered for employment. It's as simple as 'pass and you're in, fail and you're out'. I'm not sure why you're reading so much into it.

Cost probably has something to do with it. A urine drug screen is the least expensive method. It is also a qualitiative test, meaning it just detects the presence, and does not say how much is there. It is most likely looked upon as a tradeoff between the desire for a drug-free workforce and cost and time associated in doing so.

Well, then... you answered youself when you said:

Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

CRJonBeez

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:22 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 43):
THAT is the spirit of the law. It does not say he needs to be drug-free for ## days to be considered for employment. It's as simple as 'pass and you're in, fail and you're out'. I'm not sure why you're reading so much into it.

quit trying to recreate the situation under different circumstances. the fact of the matter is, the drug test will screen back for X amount of days, because the insurance company says if it's in your system, you're a liability to the employer. there's no "reading into it" involved. the very fact is, a drug test DOES SAY he needs to be drug free for a set number of days. otherwise, what would be the point?

ctbarnes

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:22 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 43):
Then how would you describe the 'spirit' of the law? How long before the drug test does said 'spirit' go into effect? The company requires him to pass a drug test prior to employment to insure he is not under the influence of such substances while working there. And if it's out of his system, he isn't - THAT is the spirit of the law. It does not say he needs to be drug-free for ## days to be considered for employment. It's as simple as 'pass and you're in, fail and you're out'. I'm not sure why you're reading so much into it.

It's about being drug free, not about passing the test. If that were not the case there wouldn't be all this hullabaloo about trying to get whatever he's taking out of his system beforehand to convince his employers he isn't doing drugs. Particularly as he is. From where I sit he's trying to lie to his employers.

Charles, SJ

WellHung

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:34 pm

Quoting CRJonBeez (Reply 44):
quit trying to recreate the situation under different circumstances.

Um, I'm addressing the topic at hand. Not sure what you're smoking...

the fact of the matter is, the drug test will screen back for X amount of days

Actually, the drug test provides a snapshot of what is in the system at the time of the test. It would be impossible (at least with modern technology) to screen in the past. A test today can detect chemical remnants of drug use, but it cannot 'screen back' a predetermined number of days.

the very fact is, a drug test DOES SAY he needs to be drug free for a set number of days

Please quantify that 'set number of days'.

Quoting Ctbarnes (Reply 45):
It's about being drug free, not about passing the test.

If he passes the test, he is drug free. It's simple logic.

If that were not the case there wouldn't be all this hullabaloo about trying to get whatever he's taking out of his system beforehand to convince his employers he isn't doing drugs. Particularly as he is.

Since you failed to address it previously, I'll lay it our for you. As the situation stands, he will not use drugs during the six weeks leading up to the test. Please provide the timeframe of last drug use prior ot a drug test that would meet your criteria. Also, kindly explain why you consider NOT doing drugs for 6 weeks as 'doing drugs'.

From where I sit he's trying to lie to his employers.

By NOT doing drugs before a drug test? I could see your point if he was asking for a masking agent of some kind, but that's not the case.

CRJonBeez

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:14 pm

Quoting WellHung (Reply 46):

Please quantify that 'set number of days'.

talk to the manufacturer of the test or the facilities providing the test. how would i know? don't try and make me look stupid because i don't know every step the company takes in order to figure out the results. you don't either, so you have no more of an argument than i do in this situation.

when i took a test using strands of my hair, it tested back 6 months. the company producing the test will rough how long ago it was since the substance was introduced to the body based on remnants, amount VS average intake figured during a study, etc

maybe according to the drug test. does that make it accurate? no!

By NOT doing drugs before a drug test? I could see your point if he was asking for a masking agent of some kind, but that's not the case.

what would you call it? i don't care if he/she is interested in flushing it out of the system or just hiding it from the test, it's still masking it. since when is lying not masking something? you've never heard the term "masking the truth" before? whether it's a white lie to your folks or passing a drug test by using a foreign substance to pass, you're hiding something. if you're not willing to fess up to it, you might as well admit to lying seeing as it's something illegal.

again, do i care? not really. though i feel inclined to argue for the fact that you're throwing out the same argument over and over again, reworded.

you try too hard to see things in black and white in this argument. "if he passes, he didn't do drugs. it's simple logic." so you're telling me if i can positively get away with something that can easily get me fired, i should keep doing it? i'm not trying to say that AA61Hvy will be constantly gettin' high or whatever, but if you can get away with it, why not try again? my point is, if you know you can get away with it, odds are, you'll try a second time. eventually, it'll bite you in the ass!

ctbarnes

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:20 pm

For the moment...

Charles, SJ

4holer

Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:08 pm

I worked 2 years in a drug testing lab.
I can tell you that you are much better off letting 6 weeks go by without indulging than to buy a masking agent. That is often a guaranteed positive. Even the $110 ones. As is bleach, cologne, acid, or most of the other stuff I encountered. And that "guarantee" they offer is pretty much useless. You are already screwed, and what, you get your money back? Thanks... You'll need that money what with being jobless and all.
You are pretty much clear after about 30 days or so, especially if you drink a good amount of water before (but not too much, mind your specific gravity/creatinine!) and don't use your first bladderfull of the day. Just don't be dehydrated (concentrated urine) and remember that alcohol can nail you too.
I screened literally thousands of samples the clearly had some THC, but not enough to reach the positive threshold that would hold up in court. Kind of a negative result with a wink...
30 days man, you can do it. And save $110.
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................