Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

L-188

RE: The Official Impeach George W Bush Thread!

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:13 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 49):
Knowingly mispronouncing a word is a malfunctioning brain.

I don't know think George was knowingly mispronouncing Nuclear.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

AsstChiefMark

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:16 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 50):
I don't know think George was knowingly mispronouncing Nuclear

Someone has HAD to have told him he's misprouncing it/making himself look stupid. Someone HAS had to have tutored him. And he HAS to have noticed it himself. If the answer to these three things is "no," then his brain is malfunctioning.

Mark

[Edited 2006-04-23 06:19:58]
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

YeahitsK

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:17 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 46):
Did ya ever notice that the bad presidents all said "nucular?" Damned malfunctioning brains.

I've mocked him saying that enough times that now I'm starting to do it when I have to say the word nuclear. The malfunction is contagious.
Let's play some Pitch...

jamesag96

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:24 pm

Careful Hopper...some folks round here don't like things that don't jive with their fantasy land.

Seriously, do you folks use the same screen name over at democraticunderground.com?
Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

L-188

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:30 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 51):
Someone has HAD to have told him he's misprouncing it/making himself look stupid. Someone HAS had to have tutored him. And he HAS to have noticed it himself. If the answer to these three things is "no," then his brain is malfunctioning.

Tow-mato Toe-mato
Poe-tato Potato

Who cares?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

AsstChiefMark

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 54):
Who cares?

It's like the pope not being able to pronounce "Jesus." It's not like not being able to pronounce the name of a little town in Vermont.

[Edited 2006-04-23 06:39:37]
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

CastleIsland

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:43 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 24):
But back to the topic. I cant wait for Castleisland to chime in on this one..

To be honest, I don't see anything yet that warrants impeachment (of course, how much do we really see?). Then again, Clinton did lie about a hummer, but the only reason that was pursued was because the GOP played by the letter of the law. It should have appeared reasonable to anyone that they were simply searching for a reason. Let's reserve impeachment for matters of national importance.

Let's see if the GOP plays by the letter of the law now that they are power. Time will tell (I think we all know the answer to this).

Off to AUS tomorrow AM, the only bastion of liberalism in TX.
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

yowza

Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:13 pm

Quoting SFOMEX (Reply 9):
start working your ass out

errr? Oh right SFO...

YOWza

LTU932

Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 13):
Didn't Clinton and the EPA under Clinton kind of
relax the fuel efficiency standards for vehicles in the 90s ?
More cars produced at Ford and GM means more happy union workers.

Yes, but isn't George responsible for getting out the Kyoto Protocol? I don't know in depth what Clinton and the EPA did in their time, but the fact is, George Walker Bush refused to sign a very important international Environment Protocol, which most of the major countries in the world signed and which Clinton supported. Fuel efficiency is important, but cleaner cars or trucks is even more important. Does Global Warming and the shrinking Ozone Layer issue ring a bell?  Yeah sure
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

rwsea

Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:03 pm

Quoting Dc10s4ever (Thread starter):
George Bush will go down as the worst president this country has ever elected. He lied about the reason to go to war in Iraq. Record high oil and engergy prices will soon translate into rapid inflation. Record deficit spending. Setting the country back decades with his overly conservative views. (leave the Bible out of the White House!)..CIA leaks and the list goes on.
George Bush, his entire cabinet as well as his oil cronies all deserve to be thrown out into the street.....

IMPEACH BUSH NOW!

checkmark 

I couldn't even count on 5 fingers the number of things this ignorant buffoon has done to make the USA a better place.

Quoting Yanksn4 (Reply 4):
Hey, the American people knew he was conservative when they voted for him twice.

They voted for him once. The first time he lost the vote by a significant margin, and was appointed "president" by the supreme court after a very sketchy election. And it's very arguable that if Gore had actually served in the position he was elected to, he would still be president today.

Besides that, it's the man's right to believe in a god or not.

It's a man's right to believe in god, the devil, or anything in between. It is not his right to impose his beliefs on others. GWB has attempted this on many occasions.

I'll agree with you here. Too much pork crap for bridges and shit to nowhere. However, we are in a time of war and you can't cut back spending when you're fighting.

Please tell me how a $500M bridge in Ketchikan that serves 300 people is instrumental to the war on terror. Or even better yet, how is it important to the war in Iraq (unrelated to the war on terror)?

Quoting PWM2TXLHopper (Reply 31):
The contrast is with President Bush, who lied about Saddam seeking uranium in Africa, lied about Saddam's efforts to produce weapons of mass destruction and tried falsely to convince people there was a link between Saddam and terrorism, thus creating enormous havoc.

Don't forget his lies about the Scooter Libby/CIA Agent outing scandal either.

Quoting Texan (Reply 21):
I've been anti-Bush since before he was elected governor here. I would love to see him kicked out of office. But we do not have any proof. Without any proof, this discussion is pretty useless. I've looked around for evidence, and all I have are suspicions and beliefs, still no proof. To do that we would need access to his records, access that we will not now nor likely ever receive. If you really want to effect change, start campaigning for people who are against corruption, work hard to get them elected, or run yourself. Be out there at every meeting, every event in your area, talk to people, enlist their help, start local, and grow grow grow.

Well, I think there is irrefutable evidence that Bush has lied to the public, especially in the Scooter Libby scandal. The problem is that he wasn't under oath. We should put the man under oath for his next press conference, and he'll be impeached that very day.

Quoting PWM2TXLHopper (Reply 44):
One more thing for those who still insist Iraq was never involved with supporting of terrorist activities. Try a Google search of Salmon-Pak if you need more info.

Keep saying what you want. FACT: Prior to the US invasion, Iraq was one of the more stable countries in the middle east, despite its poor human rights record. We've taken one of the more stable places in the middle east and made it the least stable place in the region, and now a breeding ground for terrorists. Oh yeah, and now they all (Middle Eastern people) hate us more than ever, when even Iran was supporting the US right after 9/11. Sure takes some kind of a president to squander goodwill like that!

bill142

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:49 pm

I have a good idea, lets all take him for a drive in an open top car and then.....

NIKV69

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:06 pm

Never proven. 9/11 committee investigated the claims, found nothing. Simply, he was told the wrong info from the CIA, British and Italian intelligence services.

checkmark 

Ok, how is that his fault? He dosn't control how high oil and other commodities will go. High price is just a consequence of the free market. Live with it.

Better yet how about we stop with these big ass SUVs that women have to cruise around in on their cell phone so they look important? They get 10 MPG for God's sake, if every vehicle in this country got at least 25 MPG the Arabs would be powerless to raise oil prices and we would be paying half what we are, it's our needless demand not the president's fault.

Quoting SFOMEX (Reply 9):
Stop daydreaming and start working your ass out so you could get the president you want in 2008.

Why? It's easier to just blurt out these insane claims and then try to make the country believe the election was rigged when the GOP wins again in 08'. Just like the Dems did in 04'.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 28):
An d the SUV driving Soccer Moms and the $400million retiring oil execs have added another $40. . . . so you're off base again . . . or should I say "still".

Good to see someone here with some god sense! Your so right Pep.

Quoting PWM2TXLHopper (Reply 31):
Isaw the bumper sticker again this week: "When Clinton lied, nobody died."

Oh that is so original, what crap. Propaganda and fear mongering, cheap Democratic scare tactics that never work when it counts.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

yanksn4

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:28 pm

Quoting RwSEA (Reply 59):
Please tell me how a $500M bridge in Ketchikan that serves 300 people is instrumental to the war on terror. Or even better yet, how is it important to the war in Iraq (unrelated to the war on terror)?

I was critizing that bride, not supporting it. In no way did I say it was related to Iraq. READ MORE CAREFULLY, OK?

signed,
Matthew
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

KSYR

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:38 pm

And it's very arguable that if Gore had actually served in the position he was elected to, he would still be president today.

Its called the Electoral College. Popular vote doesn't decide here in America. Did you fall asleep during the election portion of government class...?

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 60):
I have a good idea, lets all take him for a drive in an open top car and then.....

And if Bush ever visits Australia, don't be surprised to see a "Flowers By Irene" van parked in front of your house...

Nordair

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:47 am

"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short

texan

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:59 am

Well, I think there is irrefutable evidence that Bush has lied to the public, especially in the Scooter Libby scandal. The problem is that he wasn't under oath. We should put the man under oath for his next press conference, and he'll be impeached that very day.

And so would the majority of the House and Senate, most governors, and state reps. They are politicians! They lie to the public, it is their job! They tell us what we want to hear because it's easier than trying to explain it, and the public allows them to get away with it. If the President's files and records are opened for people to examine, then hell yes, we'll probably find something impeachable. Until then we still have nothing. Lying to the public is really awful and people should be called out on it, but there is nothing impeachable about it.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

NeilYYZ

Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:31 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 34):
Yeah.....is there anything you can prove? Other than opinion, speculation and selective memory is there anything solid that you can make stick on a charge?

President Bush hasn't lied to us about anything, although to listen to some people here you'd assume he has....he's led this economy back to prosperity, although to listen to many here he's sunk us.....he's led our defence so well the people that attacked us haven't been able to repeat the attack despite their stated desire, although some here feel he's weakened us by taking the fight to the enemy (which he said he'd do and Congress approved)....

and there are now two developing democracies where before there were dictatorship and theocracy......although some here feel that the people in those nations are incapable of development at all.....

checkmark 

Yes, Bush went to war, does anyone think that the Democratic hero Clinton would have done any different. It's really easy to sit on the sidelines with information that was not available at the time, to criticize someone. Rumsfeld said "you go to war with the army you have, not the army you want" the same thing can be applied to Bush's invasion of Iraq, you make decisions with the information you have, not the information that appears 3 years later.

Calls to impeach him are fine, it won't happen, just a bunch of kicking and screaming.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

MattCLE

Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:59 am

What irks me the most isn't that we went into Iraq, but that we did so with no sound plan post-Sadam. I was for the invasion leading up to the war, but I didn't imagine the bafoons would send us over there and only hope for the best after we toppled the government. This more than anything is what I think we should be demanding answers for. Did our government think that nobody else would try and seek control of Iraq after Sadam was out? Didn't they think that if Al Qaeda members could get into the US they could easily get into Iraq?

-Matt
Bear Claw, Free Fall, A Gunner's View

A346Dude

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:24 am

Prior to the US invasion, Iraq was one of the more stable countries in the middle east, despite its poor human rights record.

Right - it was an awful place to live, but at least it was consistently awful!  Yeah sure
You know the gear is up and locked when it takes full throttle to taxi to the terminal.

Gilligan

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:09 am

Quoting Texan (Reply 21):
I've been anti-Bush since before he was elected governor here. I would love to see him kicked out of office. But we do not have any proof. Without any proof, this discussion is pretty useless. I've looked around for evidence, and all I have are suspicions and beliefs, still no proof.

Bravo Texan. Nice to see someone look at the facts for a change as opposed to closing their eyes and tapping their shoes.

Quoting Kevinl1011 (Reply 23):
Aircraft, I guess you'll have to continue using Mr. Winkie for those who don't get it.

Hey, Mr. Winkie resides in Texas.....ooops, my bad, nevermind. embarrassed 

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 25):
Americans using red meat issues like 'gay marriage' to distract from real issues like the war in Iraq, the war on terror, sound tax policies and so on.

So you're saying that gay marriage is not a real issue? And how much time has President Bush spent trying to get a Constitutional amendment to ban it? How are our tax policies not sound?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aZgwyLsWjDDc

Looks pretty good to me.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 25):
To me, one result of his term in office will be as after Watergate in the mid-1970's and how the Congress passed laws to take some power back to the Congress.

I hope not. The Constitution clearly delineates the separation of powers. If the Congress would be the Congress instead of trying to act like 535 Presidents things would go much more smoothly for everyone.

George Bush will go down as the worst president this country has ever elected.

Once again, they were saying the same thing about Reagan in 1987, two years before he left office. What do they say about him now, 19 years later?

Quoting MattCLE (Reply 67):
What irks me the most isn't that we went into Iraq, but that we did so with no sound plan post-Sadam.

Not one general in on the planning of the invasion brought up the supposition that all the Iraqi police would desert their posts. No one expected that to happen.

Quoting MattCLE (Reply 67):
Did our government think that nobody else would try and seek control of Iraq after Sadam was out? Didn't they think that if Al Qaeda members could get into the US they could easily get into Iraq?

There were several groups that were in line to take over, the Kurds to name just one. Once again, since the police deserted, it just made things all that much tougher.

I couldn't even count on 5 fingers the number of things this ignorant buffoon has done to make the USA a better place.

Then you must be an amputee.
1. Taxes, see above
2. Not a single terrorist attack on American soil since 9/11.
3. Unemployment rate down to 4.7%, below what it was in the 90's.
4. Medicare prescription plan which is receiving good reviews from those
seniors that have signed up for it.
5. Absolutely phenomenal record economic output.

They voted for him once. The first time he lost the vote by a significant margin, and was appointed "president" by the supreme court after a very sketchy election.

And they say conservatives can't get over President Clinton being impeached.

There are still no grounds for impeachment. The war received the support and a vote in the positive in both the Senate and the House. There is still no evidence that the President acted in good faith on anything but bad intelligence.

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 56):
Off to AUS tomorrow AM, the only bastion of liberalism in TX.

If you were coming through IAH I'd try and stop by while you make your connection. But, I start training for my new job as a company dispatcher tomorrow!!!!
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

cfalk

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:11 am

The first time he lost the vote by a significant margin, and was appointed "president" by the supreme court after a very sketchy election. And it's very arguable that if Gore had actually served in the position he was elected to, he would still be president today.

Someone has been brainwashed by Michael Moore!

Seriously, all the subsequent recounts confirmed Bush won narrowly. All the Court did was say "enough is enough - pick one already!" And they picked correctly, again according to the recounts.

It's a man's right to believe in god, the devil, or anything in between. It is not his right to impose his beliefs on others. GWB has attempted this on many occasions.

Name one example.

Well, I think there is irrefutable evidence that Bush has lied to the public, especially in the Scooter Libby scandal.

I suppose you missed the corrections (not surprising, as the "impartial" press either did not run it or put it on page 57 or so, in small print below the underwear ads).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...R2006041300111.html?nav=rss_nation
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

redngold

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:19 am

Don't forget that his administration has now charged a woman with "intimidation and harassment of a foreign official" for speaking out against President Hu of China at last week's news conference. That's a violation of her First Amendment rights.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/in...source=rss&channel=inquirer_nation

And yes, it's HIS administration that created the charges - they were filed by a Federal prosecutor, who is part of the Department of Justice.

redngold
Up, up and away!

cfalk

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:36 am

Quoting Redngold (Reply 71):
Don't forget that his administration has now charged a woman with "intimidation and harassment of a foreign official" for speaking out against President Hu of China at last week's news conference. That's a violation of her First Amendment rights.

She'll get a smack on the wrist. 3 months' probation and a $50 fine, at the most. That way you avoid a diplomatic incident with the Chinese, and her message gets out anyway. Big deal {fist going up and down}

DC10GUY

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:13 am

Its more like GWB went to war with the info he fabricated and wanted to hear ,,,
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

cfalk

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:23 am

Quoting Dc10guy (Reply 73):
Its more like GWB went to war with the info he fabricated and wanted to hear ,,,

Wanted to hear, OK, I'll buy that. But do you have one shred of proof that the evidence that was believed by Russia, Britain Egypt, France and other intel agencies was fabricated by GWB?

In spite of your refusal to hear this, Saddam intentionally fermented the belief around the world that he might well have such weapons. Countless interviews with his ministers and underlings and even Saddam himself have proven that. GWB did not fabricate the evidence - Saddam did, in order not to look weak to his enemies.

bushpilot

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:10 am

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 17):
Do you not agree that NAFTA is responsible for the outsourcing of
jobs? As soon as NAFTA passed into law, many US manufacturers
closed their US production plants and re-opened them in places
like Tijuana and Hermosillo...my brother's and cousin's included.

Trust me, I am not a fan of NAFTA, I think it was a terrible idea, I was simply pointing out that this was something started by Bush, it is an international treaty that is approved by the senate IIRC, Clinton was the guy in the Oval Office when it took effect not when the deal was hashed out by three different countries.

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 39):
Oh...and don't forget the half-ass
attempt at air strikes against the training camps in Afghanistan...
"We were a couple of minutes too late to get him."

Sure Clinton didnt do a full job in the Afghanistan airstrikes in 98, but he wasnt in a position to do that, and you want to talk about half assed attempt, how about full blown failure in in capture or killing OBL, he released a tape just today. Bush screwed the pooch on that one.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 61):
cheap Democratic scare tactics that never work when it counts.

Though I will agree that both sides are guilty of this, but it is the GOP that uses scare tactics much more often and probably much more effectively. Bird Flu Run! Dirty Bombs! I could list a dozen of them that we have all heard about.

Sure takes some kind of a president to squander goodwill like that!

This is true, in the days, weeks and months after 9-11 the US and Bush had the support of the world, everyone saw what happened on the tragic tuesday morning, it was when we went after Iraq that the international community turned thier backs on us, or we bullied through them depending on how one wants to look at it.
When it turns out that 15 of 19 highjackers were from Saudi Arabia, we should have been asking them WTF?! But we didnt, we lined up bent over and took our ass pounding from the Saudis as we always have. The Saudis are worse than any drug dealer in the world.

That all being said, as much as Id like to see him gone from office, there isnt anything right now that is impeachable. I wouldnt be surprised a bit to find out in the future of something, remember, being a lying sumbag dipshit is NOT A CRIME.

vanguard737

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:52 am

DC10s4EVER:

The US has always believed in a person's right to complain, even if that person is a total moron, but you sir, are simply trying to cause trouble. People like you would have been hung in WW2 for acting the way you do in a time of war, remember that, Mr. B. Arnold. Thanks!

BTW, here are some pics that are MUCH to graphic for the US or world media to EVER put on television or in newspapers. People getting blownup and carbombs however? No, those are perfectly acceptable to put on TV...

[Edited 2006-04-24 00:56:46]
319 320 321 330 346 359 717 722 732 733 735 73G 738 739 744 748 752 753 763 764 772 773 788 789 781 DC9 DC10 MD80 B1900 S340 E120 E145 E170 E175 CRJ CR7 TRIM

Falcon84

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:04 am

Never proven. 9/11 committee investigated the claims, found nothing. Simply, he was told the wrong info from the CIA, British and Italian intelligence services.

Proven. Even before the war, there were all kinds of red flags for Bush about the intel: single-sourced; not backstopped at all by other intel agencies or nations; dubious sources. There was enough there to realize that all those WMD, which Republican and Bush apologists conveniently forget about, weren't there.

Record high oil and engergy prices will soon translate into rapid inflation

Ok, how is that his fault? He dosn't control how high oil and other commodities will go. High price is just a consequence of the free market. Live with it.

In 2000, one of the thing Gov. Bush critisized President Clinton for was the fact that gas prices were at the outrageous price of $1.69, and he wasn't doing enough to control the price of gas. Shoe's on the other foot. If it was good enough to bitch about at Mr. Clinton then, it's good enough to bitch about at Mr. Bush now.

However, we are in a time of war and you can't cut back spending when you're fighting.

Yes, but you CAN desist from giving big business and the ultra-rich huge tax cuts in time of war. War usually means sacrificing something for a common goal. Only one's sacrificing are those in the military and their families. The only other ones sacrificing are the poor and middle class who are the ones who get the shaft at the expense of big business and the ultra-rich.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Confuscius

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:04 am

"...here are some pics that are MUCH to graphic for the US or world media to EVER put on television or in newspapers."

Where did you get those pictures?

The Lincoln Group Big grin

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Lincoln_Group
Ain't I a stinker?

dc10s4ever
Topic Author

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:05 am

Quoting VANGUARD737 (Reply 76):
DC10s4EVER:

The US has always believed in a person's right to complain, even if that person is a total moron, but you sir, are simply trying to cause trouble. People like you would have been hung in WW2 for acting the way you do in a time of war, remember that, Mr. B. Arnold. Thanks!

BTW, here are some pics that are MUCH to graphic for the US or world media to EVER put on television or in newspapers. People getting blownup and carbombs however? No, those are perfectly acceptable to put on TV...

The war in Iraq is only a small part of why Bush should be kicked out of office.
His local policy sucks.
And since your brought up the war...what business is it of ours to liberate Iraq? If thats the case then if Russia thinks we should be communist then its ok for them to invade us and claim "we have weapons of mass distruction".

I do not support our president what so ever. I did not pay my taxes this year because I do not believe Bush or the rest of the morons in his cabinet will use the money for worth causes.

NeilYYZ

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:08 am

Quoting Dc10s4ever (Reply 79):
I do not support our president what so ever. I did not pay my taxes this year because I do not believe Bush or the rest of the morons in his cabinet will use the money for worth causes.

There's a real solid idea. Way to go, make youself feel better for the time being and then allow the IRS to screw you in 10 years when you get audited. But I'm betting that you did pay your taxes anyways, no one could be so illogical as to protest something while exposing themselves to a significant penalty. Anyways, hopefully some IRS people are reading this.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

dc10s4ever
Topic Author

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:30 am

More Reasons...

WHEREAS, President Bush has publicly admitted to ordering the National Security Agency to violate provisions of the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, a felony, specifically authorizing the Agency to spy on American citizens without warrant; and

WHEREAS, Evidence suggests that President Bush authorized violation of the Torture Convention of the Geneva Conventions, a treaty regarded a supreme law by the United States Constitution; and

WHEREAS, The Bush Administration has held American citizens and citizens of other nations as prisoners of war without charge or trial; and

WHEREAS, Evidence suggests that the Bush Administration has manipulated intelligence for the purpose of initiating a war against the sovereign nation of Iraq, resulting in the deaths of large numbers of Iraqi civilians and causing the United States to incur loss of life, diminished security and billions of dollars in unnecessary expenses; and

WHEREAS, The Bush Administration leaked classified national secrets to further a political agenda, exposing an unknown number of covert U. S. intelligence agents to potential harm and retribution while simultaneously refusing to investigate the matter; and

WHEREAS, the Republican-controlled Congress has decline to fully investigate these charges to date; therefore be it

RESOLVED, BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE NINETY-FOURTH GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, THE SENATE CONCURRING HEREIN, that the General Assembly of the State of Illinois has good cause to submit charges to the U. S. House of Representatives under Section 603 that the President of the United States has willfully violated his Oath of Office to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States; and be it further

RESOLVED, That George W. Bush, if found guilty of the charges contained herein, should be removed from office and disqualified to hold any other office in the United States.

My $.02. Any efforts within the law towards impeachment is excellent news. A change in either or both houses of Congress this year will substantially increase calls for impeachment.

AGM100

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:35 am

Yes , Impeach him please,

Big version: Width: 350 Height: 450 File size: 462kb

He is really pissing me off, see how angry I am . and this was on a good day !!. Damn Predators ,, how long am going to have to hide in this place anyway!!
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

PSA727

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:07 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 58):
Yes, but isn't George responsible for getting out the Kyoto Protocol?

Tell me, did China sign up for Kyoto?

Oh wait, their factories don't pollute.

What about India?

Kyoto was flawed, as well-intentioned as it may seem.

Excluding, or exempting, developing countries from the requirements
only solves part of the problem...or are we only trying to save part
of the environment?
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

PSA727

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:51 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 75):
Clinton was the guy in the Oval Office when it took effect not when the deal was hashed out by three different countries.

Why do you keep thinking that Clinton was a sideline observer ?

NAFTA is a trade agreement, and yes, presidents do get involved
in trade agreements.
Remember, Bush was down in Brazil a few months back trying to start
a similar process involving South America, but the talks stalled.

Or here's a better example:
Before NAFTA passed and was signed by Clinton, there was a debate
between Al Gore and Ross Perot about the pros and cons of the
agreement. Which side do you think Al Gore took ??? Did he do it
behind Bill's back ???

So yeah, Clinton and his administration was very much involved in the
passage of NAFTA.
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

yanksn4

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:15 am

Quoting Dc10s4ever (Reply 81):
WHEREAS, Evidence suggests that President Bush authorized violation of the Torture Convention of the Geneva Conventions, a treaty regarded a supreme law by the United States Constitution

Geneva Convention only applies to those who are prisioners of war and are part of a standing army. However, since Al-Qaida is not an offical army, whoever we take does not have to be given Geneva status.

DC10s4ever, give it up alright? God, no wonder Democrats can't win elections. They're too busy bitching and moaning. Maybe a little less time on the bitching, and they could develop a REAL PLAN in opposition to Republicans.

signed,
Matthew
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

cfalk

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:16 am

Quoting Dc10s4ever (Reply 79):
I did not pay my taxes this year because I do not believe Bush or the rest of the morons in his cabinet will use the money for worth causes.

Great, and make your neighbors have to pay your lodging in a federal hilton. Good thinking.

cfalk

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:24 am

Quoting Yanksn4 (Reply 85):
DC10s4ever, give it up alright? God, no wonder Democrats can't win elections. They're too busy bitching and moaning. Maybe a little less time on the bitching, and they could develop a REAL PLAN in opposition to Republicans.

“It’s not that liberals don’t know anything; it’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so.”
- Ronald Reagan

DC10GUY

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:36 am

Cfalk ... Your saying the Iraq war was on the level from the start ??? Surely you don't think that its true. What about the "yellow cake" from Niger ? We sent a CIA agent to check it out and when he found out there was no "yellow cake" and reported the truth GWB & crew went nuts and let the dogs out on the dude ... What ever the reason was that GWB & crew wanted the war in Iraq to happen, it wasn't for the poor Iraqi people that's for damn sure,

Falcon84

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:40 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 82):
Yes , Impeach him please,

(Then a picture of OBL below)

Uh, AGM, I think OBL would be terribly dissapointed if Mr. Bush was impeached. After all, Bush's total failure to get him "dead or alive" (remember those words, or are you gonna have another GOP-induced bit of amnesia?) has made OBL a star in the Middle East/Islamic World.

You just put your foot in your mouth, and never realized it.

I do have to laugh, once again, at the usual ass-kissing by the usual Bush stalwarts, who seem determined to go down with the S.S. Bush. Having said that, I don't WANT him impeached. Firstly, his being in office right now is the best thing in the world for the opposition. He's bumbling thorugh this second term in such sad fashion that the GOP has taken a black eye that will take quite a while to get over. And, 2. I don't want the REAL screwball in this administration, "Machine Gun Dick" to get anywhere near the presidency. He's a crook; he's dirty; he's not working for the American people, but for his own interests. If Bush has to go, it's a package deal-Cheney goes with him.
Work Right, Fly Hard

halls120

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:52 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 89):
Having said that, I don't WANT him impeached. Firstly, his being in office right now is the best thing in the world for the opposition. He's bumbling thorugh this second term in such sad fashion that the GOP has taken a black eye that will take quite a while to get over. And, 2. I don't want the REAL screwball in this administration, "Machine Gun Dick" to get anywhere near the presidency. He's a crook; he's dirty; he's not working for the American people, but for his own interests. If Bush has to go, it's a package deal-Cheney goes with him.

Advocating for Bush's impeachment is even stupider than advocating for Clinton's impeachment. It gains nothing but sympathy for the target of the action, and in the current case, would get you Cheney as President.

When I was flying home from my trip before last, I saw a news report that stated 75% of the American people disapproved of the way Bush was handling energy prices. A depressing thought - not that 75% of the people disapproved of Bush, but that 75% of the people surveyed thought Bush ought to be repealing the law of supply and demand.

The number of ignorant Americans seems to be increasing. A sad fact of life, it seems.....

[Edited 2006-04-24 03:53:56]
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

DC10GUY

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:54 am

"My $.02. Any efforts within the law towards impeachment is excellent news. A change in either or both houses of Congress this year will substantially increase calls for impeachment."

DC10s4ever, Dude, This is a rare occurrence for me but. You are going to have to be list on my respected users list. Bravo, my friend Bravo .... DC10GUY

ANCFlyer

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:08 am

Quoting DC10GUY (Reply 91):
DC10s4ever, Dude, This is a rare occurrence for me but. You are going to have to be list on my respected users list. Bravo, my friend Bravo .... DC10GUY

Oooooooo . . . I'd be honored . . . faint  NOT.

Kinda like being on the 10 most wanted list down at the local FBI Headquarters.

This thread has actually gotten to 92 replies . . . impressive for one that means absolutely nothing.

When someone can show grounds why PotUS should be impeached, I'll get in line with them, I'll be a louder voice than theirs, I'll put it up in Skywriting . . . until then, well, we're wasting bandwidth here.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

halls120

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:18 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 92):
When someone can show grounds why PotUS should be impeached, I'll get in line with them, I'll be a louder voice than theirs, I'll put it up in Skywriting . . . until then, well, we're wasting bandwidth here.

I thought wasting bandwith was the whole point of the Non-Av board?  biggrin 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

DC10GUY

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:26 am

means nothing to YOU Ancflyer. But other people seem to see things a little differently than you ...  Wow! like maybe 70% or so ? GWB needs to go now DC10s4ever said it best.

pwm2txlhopper

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:36 am

Keep saying what you want. FACT: Prior to the USinvasion, Iraq was one of the more stable countries in the middle east,despite its poor human rights record

I'm saying it's a fact that there were terrorist training activities occurring in Iraq, that had documented ties to Osama's terrorist and affiliated networks. It can't be denied, and it was one more reason to go to into Iraq in the first place. Not because Iraq itself was involved with the 9/11 attacks, but because it was involved in terrorist activities, which were a small piece of a larger "war on terror" that needed to be addressed.

Iraq was stable before the war you're right. However, it was stablebecause it was ruled under an iron fist and citizens lived in fear for their lives. Kind of like North Korea.... Or the former Eastern Block countries and the USSR. They were 'stable" as well. Countries such as Qatar, and The United Arab Emirates were hell of a lot more stable then Iraq has been anytime during the last thirty years.

Oh yeah, and now they all (Middle Eastern people) hate us more than ever,when even Iran was supporting the US right after 9/11. Sure takes somernkind of a president to squander goodwill like that!

You know what? They hated us before, they hate us now, and they will always hate us. Remember the first World Trade Center attack in 1993? Remember all the hijacking in the 1980's? The bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut in 1983? Somalia in 1993? The Bali night club bombing a few years ago? Madrid, London? Remember on 9/11, way before we went into Iraq, the people of the Muslim world rejoicing and dancing in the streets at our loss? Do you honestly think if we pulled out now, they'd suddenly not want to kill us as much? There has always been widespread dislike towards the West in the Muslim world, and with two vastly different cultures it will always be this way. Of course not all Muslims hate, but then there are the fanatics, and those are the peoplethat want us all dead. Me, you, your wife and kids, your family, everybody! GET IT? They don't care if you want to sit down and talk about things. They don't care if you're against the war or if you voted for Kerry. Hell, even if you outright claim to be on their side they'd still hate you because they are fanatics and you are Western and Non-muslim.. The fanatics want to kill us and this has been going on for some thirty or forty years and isn't going to change, nor would it be any different if we never went to war with Iraq in the first place. Iraq is just the current front the terrorist are using and manipulating to the wage Jihad on the West.

Oh and anybody who thinks Iran has ever supported us during the last 26 years and been on our side... Well you need to get your head out of the sand. I don't know what else to say about that really other than The Mullahs that rule Iran would like us wiped of the face of the Eartheven more than Saddam himself. Maybe not the people of Iran, but they aren't the ones in charge of their country anymore.

[Edited 2006-04-24 04:37:51]

[Edited 2006-04-24 04:40:58]

halls120

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:15 pm

Quoting DC10GUY (Reply 94):
GWB needs to go now DC10s4ever said it best

And who will replace him? Dick Cheney? Or are so naive as to think the democrats will get to appoint a successor?

Falcon84

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:21 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 90):
When I was flying home from my trip before last, I saw a news report that stated 75% of the American people disapproved of the way Bush was handling energy prices. A depressing thought - not that 75% of the people disapproved of Bush, but that 75% of the people surveyed thought Bush ought to be repealing the law of supply and demand.

The number of ignorant Americans seems to be increasing. A sad fact of life, it seems.....

Put Mr. Bush at the head of the class, then. Because he was yelling for Mr. Clinton to do something about gas 6 years adn $1.20 ago, if you remember. But now? It's just supply and demand. Which I don't buy for a minute. It's price fixing, and price gouging.
Work Right, Fly Hard

jamesag96

Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:06 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 97):
Put Mr. Bush at the head of the class, then. Because he was yelling for Mr. Clinton to do something about gas 6 years adn $1.20 ago, if you remember. But now? It's just supply and demand. Which I don't buy for a minute. It's price fixing, and price gouging.

All that says to me is there was a bunch of idiots in this country that bought that line of shit...we all know, or should know that the POTUS has little more than dickle to do with the price of gas.

That is unless...you think Bush created Katrina, convinced the nation not to build any refineries in 30 years, and destabilized Africa...but then none of that would have ANYTHING to do with supply would it? And has demand gone down?
Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

itsjustme

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:16 pm

Uh oh...and the hits keep coming...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/21/60minutes/main1527749.shtml

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/23/cia.iraq/index.html

(CNN) -- A retired CIA official has accused the Bush administration of ignoring intelligence indicating that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction and no active nuclear program before the United States-led coalition invaded it, CBS News said Sunday.

Tyler Drumheller, the former highest-ranking CIA officer in Europe, told "60 Minutes" that the administration "chose to ignore" good intelligence, the network said in a posting on its Web site.

Drumheller said that, before the U.S.-led attack on Iraq in 2003, the White House "ignored crucial information" from Iraq's foreign minister, Naji Sabri, that indicated Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction.

Drumheller said that, when then-CIA Director George Tenet told President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and other high-ranking officials that Sabri was providing information, his comments were met with excitement that proved short-lived.

"[The source] told us that there were no active weapons of mass destruction programs," Drumheller is quoted as saying. "The [White House] group that was dealing with preparation for the Iraq war came back and said they were no longer interested. And we said 'Well, what about the intel?' And they said 'Well, this isn't about intel anymore. This is about regime change.' "

Drumheller said the administration officials wanted no more information from Sabri because: "The policy was set. The war in Iraq was coming, and they were looking for intelligence to fit into the policy."

CBS said the White House declined to respond to the charge and that Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has said Sabri was just one source and therefore not reliable.

But Drumheller said it was not unusual for the administration to rely on single-source stories when those stories confirmed what the White House wanted to hear.

He cited a report the CIA received in late 2001 that alleged Iraq had bought 500 tons of uranium-containing compounds from Africa.

"They certainly took information that came from single sources on the yellowcake story and on several other stories with no corroboration at all," he said.

Bush included the reference, which was attributed to the British and turned out to be false, in his 2003 State of the Union Address.

The CIA in 2002 had sent former ambassador Joseph Wilson to Niger to investigate the claims, and he went public in July 2003 criticizing the Bush administration's case for going to war in Iraq. The subsequent publication of his wife's identity as a CIA employee spawned an investigation that resulted in the indictment of Cheney's chief of staff and is still ongoing. (Full story)

"It just sticks in my craw every time I hear them say it's an intelligence failure," Drumheller told CBS' Ed Bradley. "This was a policy failure. I think, over time, people will look back on this and see this is going to be one of the great, I think, policy mistakes of all time."

The White House earlier this month reacted angrily to a report that Bush had cited trailers suspected as biological weapons labs as proof of the presence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after intelligence officials knew that the trailers were not part of a WMD program. (Full story)

"I cannot count how many times the president has said the intelligence was wrong," White House spokesman Scott McClellan told reporters.

He added that the administration has implemented reforms to make sure that "the executive branch and the Congress have the best possible intelligence as they move forward to deal with the threats that face this country and face this world."

Another retired CIA official in February said the Bush administration disregarded the expertise of the intelligence community, politicized the intelligence process and used unrepresentative data in making the case for war.

In an article published in the journal Foreign Affairs, Paul R. Pillar, the CIA's national intelligence officer for the Near East and South Asia from 2000 to 2005, called the relationship between U.S. intelligence and policymaking "broken." (Full story)

In November 2005, CNN obtained a 2003 CIA report that raised doubts about a claim that al Qaeda sent operatives to Iraq to acquire chemical and biological weapons -- assertions that were repeated later by then-Secretary of State Colin Powell to the United Nations in making the case for the invasion of Iraq. (Full story)

A day after that report surfaced, Bush gave a speech on Veteran's Day in which he accused critics of the Iraq war of distorting the events that led to the U.S. invasion.

Bush said that "intelligence agencies from around the world agreed with our assessment of Saddam Hussein" and that a Senate Intelligence Committee report issued in July 2004 "found no evidence of political pressure to change the intelligence community's judgments." (Full story)

The Silberman-Robb commission, which was appointed by Bush, also found no evidence that political pressure skewed the intelligence. But neither that commission nor the Senate panel addressed how the administration made its case for war.

Senate Democrats have pressured the Intelligence Committee to complete a second phase of its report that would focus on how the prewar intelligence was used by the administration, rather than how it was produced.

[Edited 2006-04-24 13:20:34]